FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
What sports did you play in school or still play? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What sports did you play in school or still play?

4 posters

Go down

What sports did you play in school or still play? Empty What sports did you play in school or still play?

Post by Archangel Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 pm

I played football for 7 years through junior high and high school, ran on the track team(sprints), played for the state soccer team freshman year, and now I am in a dodgeball league as the captain of the Tourette Turtles and I fight MMA whenever I get the time to train for a few months record is 3-2 with one professional fight
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

What sports did you play in school or still play? Empty Re: What sports did you play in school or still play?

Post by The Cap'n Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:15 pm

I dabbled with a lot of things.

I played a single year of soccer and hated the hell out of it. Then I got into baseball and played for about 3 years as catcher. Then in Seventh and Eighth grade, there was a Floor Hockey torunament at the school so I entered the first year with my friends and we were the Blackhawks. A year later, I made my own team called the Sumo Storms (And the Leftovers) aka SS and L's. We made the first game of the playoffs when I played for the Blackhawks as Left Defense but we lost to a 14-1 to the Lumberjack's who were the school champs for 3 years in a row. The players went on to be junior Flyers and I believe two of them got internships at the Wachovia Spectrum (Where the Flyers and Sixers played but now the spectrum's been replaced, all this stupid shit with our stadiums.) The next year, my team was undefeated and I returned as my role of Left Defense. We got to round two in the playoffs but we lost to the Peaches because they had about 14 subs, we had none so by second period we could hardly stand we were so tired.

That same year was my first and only year of football as defensive lineman. I always showed up to practice and worked my ass off but the coach would put in his lousy ass players plus aside from the main group of players, never knew what the plays were because he never described them. I only got to play in our final game when we were losing 26-6 to our rival school. So now I'm interested in my schools Rugby team. It's like football but more violent and fun. I was going to play for our troupe in High School but my schedule sucked ass, I didn't have a car and the place to practice was not worth driving to plus all my friends on the team would practice at random ass times that I could not make.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

What sports did you play in school or still play? Empty Re: What sports did you play in school or still play?

Post by Erel Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Rugby. Violence and fun is a good combo!

I wrestled in highschool for 3 years.

That was the only sport I did in highschool but after college, I started getting into Martial Arts.

These days when I have time from my job and train I do MMA matches once in a while. Nothing big, just amateur matches.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 am

I played Hockey in school. It was the only sport I really enjoyed. I only ever played football with my cousins and my brother as I was brought up around guys, so I didn't want to play it at school.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm

I wish they had lacrosse at my old high school I used to play on a club team, and man I love that sport--pretty much like field hockey
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Lacross became huge in my school. It was our main sports team and we got some awards, that and soccer. Our girls field hockey team was the best in the state so that was our big school accomplishment. Football was taken up by the normal people at our school and the overweight kids but our team was horrible.

I was thinking of taking wrestling but it just never clicked with me. I'm more of a boxer, which I'm going to get into after I lose some poundage as I've not played a single sport since 10th grade.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:36 pm

boxing is a great workout as is grappling, those are probably the two best cardio workouts i have done, that or a pickup game of basketball
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Just join boxing now, Amarant. Any good gym or studio will help you accomplish losing weight while getting the skills you want in the process.

Wrestling wasn't my thing either... it was fun-er when I got out of it.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down