FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Character Preferences for Dissidia (Spoilers)

5 posters

Go down

Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) Empty Character Preferences for Dissidia (Spoilers)

Post by Claire Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:18 am

I, personally didn't like some of the character choices for Dissidia, main reason being Jecht and Golbez. Neither of which are really considered 'villains' in my book. Don't get me wrong, they are great characters, but I think if Square wanted a better story, I would've preferred Seymour and Zemus. Jecht did not want to kill anyone, aside from trying to push Tidus to kill him. Seymour wanted to obliterate everything and begin a world of pure death. Square put Jecht in mostly because it would create conflict between him and Tidus. Same with Golbez, I didn't get far enough in IV to see what Zemus was trying to accomplish (at least I can't remember.), so I can't really say for sure on that one.

Second reason for not liking the character choices is, to be frank, Dissidia felt like a sausagefest. Now I know they didn't really have a choice for that one, there are not very many female heroes or villains, but I would like to see more females in Dissidia II, if they make it.

So, post what you would like to see in Dissidia II and please put a reason.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) Empty Re: Character Preferences for Dissidia (Spoilers)

Post by RYCloud92 Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:13 am

I noticed there was no hand to hand characters like Amarant or Tifa. Instead it was a full roster of weapon users and mages.

So perhaps a few Monk's, make their moves hard hitting but really powerfull (Bravery wise) and have them be the characters with the greatest default strength.

Yuna in her gunner dress sphere would be also be a unquie addition. If it was going to have a gunner class though I'd say they'd need weak but long distance moves.

And of course I'd just love to see Lightning in the next (and they'd need some representing XIII)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Character Preferences for Dissidia  (Spoilers) Empty Re: Character Preferences for Dissidia (Spoilers)

Post by Claire Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:20 pm

But then the Monk would be another Cloud and I don't need to suck with any more characters. >:-P
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:20 pm

i would luv 2 see another FF12 charecter in it XD so there would be a story line against gabranth like barsh i think thts how u spell his name XD anyways Smile and same from a FF11 2 have a story line for shantotto XD but i aint played FF11 so i cant exacly give an example but u get the drift XD
Nightmare
Nightmare

http://www.scythgamegroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 pm

I think if Lightning were in the game, every male would be a main. Hopefully she'll have a unique fighting style and the list will be exclusive, I see myself being a main, even if I sucked with her. Unless they put in more characters from the previous titles, in which I would most likely be a Seymour main. P.S. I want Seymour in.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkUltima Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:59 am

I agree that Seymour should have been it but I'm gonna say two reasons why I think shouldnt be in it either:

1. There is really no interaction with Tidus and Seymour. If they were to have Seymour in, then they would probably put Yuna in because there is tons more interaction with her than there is for Tidus (This will probably happen if Dissidia 2 is gonna be made).

2. Seymour is a mage type character, while is Jecht is strictly melee. I don't want only 2 melee type characters on Chao's side (If you don't count Golbez since he sorta is melee).

But I'm all up for him in Dissidia 2 though.

PS. Vaan for Dissidia 2!
DarkUltima
DarkUltima

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I will walk to down to Square HQ and stab them all with a spork if they put Vaan in, I cannot take his gayness.....

Seymour had plenty of interactions with Tidus, he bullies him the whole game. And technically, Garland, CoD, Golbez, Sephiroth, Jecht and Gabranth all have Melee capabilities.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkUltima Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Ahaha forgot about Jecht and Gabranth -.-

True they did have some interactions but they weren't really connected if you know what I mean...

And what if Vaan has a side storyline like Shantotto and Gabranth?
DarkUltima
DarkUltima

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:08 am

I would still kill Square, he's half the reason I couldn't finish XII.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:45 pm

This is my thoughts on characters that should be in the game. I'm trying to think of characters who would not be clones of others.

Joseph and Borgan (FFII)- Joseph and Borgan are good rivals as they kill each other. Then in the GBA remake in the Soul Rebirth, Jospeh and Borgan are fighting each other in the afterlife. The two could work very well. Joseph being the the close ranged monk he is and Borgan being a Napoleon-esque villain and maybe using pawns as his main way of fighting.

Xande (FFIII)- THE TRUE ANTAGONIST OF III. Only problem is the loser only makes one appearance in III yet he is mentioned throughout the game while CoD is not talked about until Xande releases her. Problem is he would be a clone of several mage characters and wouldn't have a move set that separated him from the others.

Kain (FFIV)- The same deal with Cecil and Golbez would be present in this only although Golbez is Cecil's blood brother, their bond was nowhere as brotherly as Cecil and Kain's relationship. Brothers by bond, these two could have a more afflicting story than with Golbez. Kain I could see as an agile character with the highest jump in the game (lolololol) and could be a master aerial fighter. His EX form would equip his best spear and he could be able to remain in the air and avoid a ton more attacks than usual up there.

FuSoYa and Zemus (FFIV) He could classify as one of Cosmos' magical warriors and he could rival against Zemus but Zemus has no character or anything in the story until his final 5 minute appearance. But then again, they did it with Cloud of Darkness so it could work but I don't think anyone will want to play as either FuSoYa or Zemus.

Gilgamesh (FFV)- Gilly would be perfect in this game, possibly not pitted against any character from FFV but has his own story like Gabranth and Shantoto. Gilgamesh could be a seriously fun character because in his normal form he leaps around with his spear then in EX mode "It's morphing time!!!!" and turns into his 8-armed true form. Plus his alternative costumes could be great like his FFVIII or FFXII forms in EX mode would be kickass.

Sabin and Vargas (FFVI)- Two monks fighting each other. Awesome right? Maybe Square could have a little fun with Vargas and playing as two butt-whoopin' monks? Win.

Locke (FFVI)- My only concern with this is that he'll fight like Zidane since they're both thieves but he could be very different. Another problem is who he would fight against. I would think maybe he would be teamed against.

Celes and Leo (FFVI)- This could be awesome. The Empire's two leading General's fighting against each other could work so well. Plus it would be funny to see Leo, the General with the Golden Heart, fight for Chaos.

Ultros (FFVI)- Just for lulz. Maybe have Gilly vs Ulty because there are so many debates with fans over who is the superior supporting villain.

Vincent and Hojo (FFVII)- This could work but I'm not so sure of another very emo-ish side for VII's impact in Dissidia. It's annoying to think of another dreary character on Cosmos' side but it could work well because these two are such opposites. THey could both morph into monsters as Vincent turns into Gallian Beast or Chaos while Hojo turns into his fucked up Mako Canon monsters as the end of Disk 2.

Zack and Angeal or Genesis (FFVII)- This could be like Dissidia II's version of Tidus and Jecht only that Zack and Angeal would play almost EXACTLY like Cloud because Cloud is a clone from these two characters and Genesis is a watered down Sephiroth clone so he would fight almost exactly like him. Plus I don't want to see any of the shitty spinoff characters in this game.

Rinoa and Seifer (FFVIII)- This could work wonders. Rinoa had romantic feelings for Seifer and now that she loves Squall, Seifer wants to get back at her or maybe Rinoa is trying to cut her feelings of Seifer from her mind.

Amarant and Lani (FFIX)- You knew I'd say this but it could work so well. Amarant is a pure physical character but also has some cool attacks that could separate him from Jecht, another close ranged fighter. The only problem with putting Amarant in this game is the only person who would be pitted with him is Zidane because of their rivalry but I think the story with the two would be very stupid. The only other pairing of him and a villain is Lani. Maybe Lani wants revenge for Amarant double crossing her. Lani could be a great character because she could be a physical maniac and she can have some seducing moves that confuse enemies because Lani is proclaimed as a gorgeous woman and even when you fight her she's very well... endowed and Zidane takes notice to it when you fight her.

Garnet and Brahne (FFIX)- Here's a pairing that could work very well. Garnet trying to fix her mother of her insanity, the story between the two could work wonders. Only problem is Garnet would be a Terra clone as she's a pure mage but worst of all she's a White Mage. Her summons could be awesome to see her use for attacks like shooting fireballs thanks to Ifrit or thunderbolts being Ramuh. Brahne could be a different fighter who uses her pawns as weapons like maybe having Zorn and Thorn doing some dirty work or some of her knights kicking butt.

Steiner and Beatrix (FFIX)- These two could work well. Steiner could be like the most physically powerful character but he's slow to make up for all that power then Beatrix is a good mix of magic and physical power. Plus the two have a good story behind them since they were both cadets in Alexandria's army who fought each other and now they're at each others throats because of their long rivalry. But then the game would show how Steiner and Beatrix fell for each other too and that makes things complicated for them.

Yuna and Seymour (FFX)- This is the only other match up of Villain and Hero for X that works. Like Ultima said, Seymour was more intimidating for Yuna than Tidus. Tidus had Jecht, Yuna had Seymour, you can't pair one with a different one. Sure there were scenes of Tidus and Seymour talking but it was more trash talk than actual rivalry like Yuna had with him. Yuna would play a lot like Garnet though and if Garnet is put in it, than behold the clones.

Balthier and Dr. Cid or Ba'Gaman (FFXII)- Vaan is a fucking joke and has no real impact on the story or on the villains, none of them see Vaan as a rival or an enemy to fight, they see him as just a kid on the team. Balthier and Cid's relationship is much more affecting. This is another version of Tidus and Jecht however it would be different because they're such opposites. Balthier and Cid would be long range fighters as they both use guns... well Balthier could use anything but his starting weapon is a gun so that works. Ba'Gaman works too as he wants Balthier's bounty. I think Ba'Gaman could be a cool character to play as in the game.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down