Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LGBT

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LGBT

Post by Claire on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:36 pm

You mean a bunch of people cheering this photo off as a reaction?

Many thanks to Just_Smile for this AWESOME Serah sig. Very Happy

Claire

View user profile http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Lol pretty much,
I heard it at first and said, big deal... He's maybe one of at least a billion on the planet that think that way. Don't like it? give him funny looks as he goes about his day.

Eating there or not because of an opinion is a tad silly. Even I was a little skeptical of veterans boycotting Starbucks... (rude, but fugetaboutit.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:37 pm

their job is to sell chicken sandwiches, not give out political opinions

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:16 pm

My thoughts on the Chic-Fil-A debates.

Fried chicken is delicious. You don't need to be gay, bi, transexual or straight to know that. So the President is not for Gay marriage, who cares? Did he personally attack the gay community? No, he voiced his opinion and that he believes marriage is between a man and a woman.

Mark Zuckerberg is an atheist. Do you see Christian users boycotting Facebook?

Eat your damn chicken

Thanks to Nemo for the Junpei Sig and Smiles for the Avatar and Kanji sig
The Cap'n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:56 pm

The fact of the matter is that Chick-Fil-A is prominent for being very strong with their religious beliefs. Hell, they even close on a Sunday, a very busy day in the retail world thus rouse up enough foot traffic to stop and eat at any fast food in your local mall. It is no surprise to me they chose to stand on where they stand, now whether or not they have a say in the said matter, it's on them. Fact of the matter is, their food is delicious, I ate it yesterday not to support their claim, but to eat their damn food.

now where do I stand on gay marriage? They should be able to. But everyone has their opinion and the owner of Chick-Fil-A expressed theirs. However, the retaliation of the gay community of making out open in front of a local chick-fil-a is a bit immature and it doesn't help the situation; at least thats the way I see it.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:54 pm

I agree, though everyone here knows my stance on civil rights for everyone, I still believe that kissing in a restaurant JUST to get back at their CEO is underhanded and pretty immature (couldn't come up with a better word). I personally have never eaten at Chick-fil-a, so this business doesn't concern me in the slightest. Hell, I first heard of the debacle about two days ago. I found the image to be funny, but I don't believe its the way to handle things.

I will say this, because it applies to everyone, that making out in a family restaurant is not a good way to get good reference towards society. I don't care if the couple in question is gay, straight, interracial, etc, but the media will burn anyone kissing in public, no matter how raunchy it gets. So, if they wanted to get respect from the public, they should prove that they aren't rebels, because that's what the public is most afraid of. People will never get acceptance if they just break the rules trying to prove a point.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 pm

I actually agree with that statement 100%

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Very Happy
I don't think there is any better way to say it. Well said my friend.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:18 pm

So in light of recent news, (some less than others)
The push for marriage for the LGBT has a serious chance in certain areas due to the recent election cycle making it apparent that the people do care here and there about social issues.

Anyone got some input on goings-on in the LGBT? It'd be a safe bet the info I have is less adequate than those with actual ties to it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm straight, I was curious as a 16/17 year old but I never acted on it. Well........kissed a few guys at a party once but that was the alcohol acting ha.

I'm a straight ally though, I'm all for equal rights for marriage etc, which is a thing being pushed for over here in Ireland.

Have a few gay friends, both male and female.

Not a fan of in your face gay people though, be it guys who talk in high pitched voices and shake their hands at you or girls who say they could kick my ass. Most of my gay friends feel the same tbh.

I also can understand trans people, must be hard, are some stunning MTFs and some handsome FTMs. Tbh the right FTM and I'd be willing to date her as I'd see her as a girl, may be complicated when the time comes for kids etc as I do want my own. I feel sorry for the people who make the change and its clearly visible to the outside world what they are, they don't deserve to be on show and it's a harsh world that they weren't born the way they wanted to be.

Last edited by Hanpan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Ah, you raised an excellent note that I'd like to put my say on in.

As far as Trans people, I can empathize to people that feel out of place in their own bodies. As a younger man I always felt awkward about being a guy. All the other kids were talking about wanting to be being professional athletes and if you weren't interested in sports or cars, you were a sis. It used to make me question why I was born male if everyone thought I was so girly... well I have developed as a person quite a bit since those insecure days, but it gave me a tiny perspective on why peoople would be unhappy with their gender. As for me, in due time I became more comfortable with being male, and I wouldn't trade it for anything really, but the mindset that haunts people who aren't secure with themselves makes sense to me.

That aside, the point I was going to make (sorry) was that if I were to meet someone whom identified with women better, I wouldn't have any trouble thinking of them as a female despite the differences. I know a person I'd gladly stand beside for life, not even despite, but sorta because of their decision. As a person, I believe your soul has more to do with your identity than biological factors. I'm not really interested in children anyways, so I wouldn't be bothered by the limitations. I'd be more interested in adopting anyways.

K, personal spiel done... comments?

Last edited by Zane the pure on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : You know who you are ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Zane the pure wrote:Ah, you raised an excellent note that I'd like to put my say on in.

As far as Trans people, I can empathize to people that feel out of place in their own bodies. As a younger man I always felt awkward about being a guy. All the other kids were talking about wanting to be being professional athletes and if you weren't interested in sports or cars, you were a sis. It used to make me question why I was born male if everyone thought I was so girly... well I have developed as a person quite a bit since those insecure days, but it gave me a tiny perspective on why peoople would be unhappy with their gender. As for me, in due time I became more comfortable with being male, and I wouldn't trade it for anything really, but the mindset that haunts people who aren't secure with themselves makes sense to me.

That aside, the point I was going to make (sorry) was that if I were to meet someone whom identified with women better, I wouldn't have any trouble thinking of them as a female despite the differences. I know a person I'd gladly stand beside for life, not even despite, but sorta because of their decision. As a person, I believe your soul has more to do with your identity than biological factors. I'm not really interested in children anyways, so I wouldn't be bothered by the limitations. I'd be more interested in adopting anyways.

K, personal spiel done... comments?
If she really was the one, I suppose I'd have to settle for adoption or perhaps surrogacy. I suppose it's no different to falling for a girl who is infertile.
Hanpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Although evidently not directly related to this topic. I often have a series of dreams where I am in fact a girl, I have the same family, friends and interest but obviously the big difference is I'm a girl. Also a more confident version of myself. Obviously this dream-female me has another big difference in terms of sexuality in that she is bisexual.

Ha possibly if I was younger these dreams would probably have me really confused but I'm pretty comfortable with them, I like to think of it as an insight into what could have been.

Crazy I know ha Very Happy
Hanpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 am

My dreams aren't that convenient. My dreams never make sense, actually. Might have been the years of prescription medication. -_-

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 am

nemo wrote:My dreams aren't that convenient. My dreams never make sense, actually. Might have been the years of prescription medication. -_-
Well I'll take dreaming about being a girl than dreaming about my ex(which was what happened all the time up until a year or so ago, any day.

Ouch, I've been there, I gave up taking it because it seemed to mess everything up.
Hanpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:44 pm

It turned out to be prescription medication that I didn't need. I was on antidepressants from the time I was 12 till about 17, because my family thought I needed them. Eventually, I found out it's better to BE an antidepressant than to take them. Antidepressants actually enhance depression in most people and I turned out to be one of the unfortunates, which led to use of illegal drugs and smoking. Around the time I told my mom that I was a transvestite and wanted to be a transgender, she denied the whole thing, which led to even more depression.

Ironically, my dad was much more accepting of the matter, even though he still refers to me as his son to other people. Eventually, I moved in with my dad and out of my mom's house, because every time she saw me dressed even slightly feminine, she would accuse me of being gay. The more distance between my mom and I, the better.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:04 pm

nemo wrote:It turned out to be prescription medication that I didn't need. I was on antidepressants from the time I was 12 till about 17, because my family thought I needed them. Eventually, I found out it's better to BE an antidepressant than to take them. Antidepressants actually enhance depression in most people and I turned out to be one of the unfortunates, which led to use of illegal drugs and smoking. Around the time I told my mom that I was a transvestite and wanted to be a transgender, she denied the whole thing, which led to even more depression.

Ironically, my dad was much more accepting of the matter, even though he still refers to me as his son to other people. Eventually, I moved in with my dad and out of my mom's house, because every time she saw me dressed even slightly feminine, she would accuse me of being gay. The more distance between my mom and I, the better.
It didn't increase my depression in the 3 months I took them, however it did make me feel wrong. I'd be out and I'd be smiling for no reason......it just wasn't right. it stopped me from being sad or angry when I should be sad or angry. I hated it, so I stopped taking them.

I moved away from home to live with my dad at a point too as my mam and I were at dagger heads, I live with my mam again though, we fight more often than I'd like but hey you got to do, what you got to do. But obviously your situation is harder.

I seen in an earlier post you mentioned your mom has MS and suffers from depression ? Or am I mixing you up with another poster ? Anyways my ex's mom was the same, it was one of the problems my ex had in her life, just like I had my problems and really we couldn't cope with each other's problems. But my point is I know from her, how hard it is. She once walked in on her mom trying to hang herself, I couldn't say anything when she told me later that day, I felt so useless.
Hanpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm sorry for your ex's mother. You are actually correct in my mother having MS and depression, however. She's on so many meds (10 seperate pills, morning and night), half of which I'm sure do nothing, or enhance her mental instability. She's got the mindset of an outcast teenage girl that doesn't get enough attention, and her pills aren't doing anything to fix it. She's picking fights with everyone in the family and then cowers behind my stepfather, who denies her having any mental problems and yelled at her for actually seeking help at one point. I hope she has the ability to fix her problems, because I hate the feeling of wanting to never see my mother again.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:33 pm

nemo wrote:I'm sorry for your ex's mother. You are actually correct in my mother having MS and depression, however. She's on so many meds (10 seperate pills, morning and night), half of which I'm sure do nothing, or enhance her mental instability. She's got the mindset of an outcast teenage girl that doesn't get enough attention, and her pills aren't doing anything to fix it. She's picking fights with everyone in the family and then cowers behind my stepfather, who denies her having any mental problems and yelled at her for actually seeking help at one point. I hope she has the ability to fix her problems, because I hate the feeling of wanting to never see my mother again.
My ex didn't like to be around her mother at all. She said she didn't like her. I can't really say as I never spoke to the woman much, she was very hard to understand the few words I did have with her. Her dad was a really nice man. had a hard life I suppose raising 2 kids almost single handed, working and looking after his wife.
Hanpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:01 am

I'd like to do a quick poll.

For anyone not familiar with the Kinsey scale it is a tool to evaluate how hetero/homo a person or individual is. It goes like this:

0: Exclusively Heterosexual
1: Incidentally Homosexual
2: More than Incidentally Homosexual
3: Mutually Bisexual
4: More than incidentally Heterosexual
5: Incidentally Heterosexual
6: Exclusively Homosexual
X: Asexual

As a rule of thumb, a great majority of the world is set at 1, regardless of fervent denial by some. X is an interesting class as it can somewhat coincide with the other terms as hetero-romantic or homo-romantic.

I myself being X, happen to slide along 1 and 2 at times depending on situation, a greater [romantic] interest in women but not exactly blind to men either.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:15 am

I'm pretty much right in between 2 and 3. There was a time I considered myself bisexual, but nowadays, I'm heterosexual. However, I will speak my mind if I see an attractive man, and admire certain features that men have. That being said, I can't see myself being romantic with men anymore, because I just appreciate women more. Something about a women's body is very artistic to me, and conjures emotions that I don't get when I look at a man's body. I could stare at a woman's body like a painting for hours and feel comforted, rejuvenated, and enlightened.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 am

so wouldn't you be homosexual, since you consider yourself a girl?

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:41 am

Never thought about that, honestly. Biologically speaking, I would be homosexual, once the surgery is complete, but since all of my documents still currently read Male, I'm still heterosexual. That is a good point, though, and definitely something I could think about. I suppose once I am officially female, then I would be classified as homosexual.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:31 am

So here's food for thought. There are factions all along the marriage line each with differing opinions and no means to agreement.

One side states biblically gay marriage is a no go.
Another states that love is unbound by sexuality .
An interesting thought is the motivation behind those factions.

My biggest problem with the first side is that america was idealized as a free country so that people could live the lifestyle they want so long as it did not infringe on the rights of others, regardless of religion or status quo. And Ideals should be adhered to.

Meanwhile, this is a representative democracy/republic, and what the people want should be enforced as well, and if a state does not recognize gay marriage as legal and binding, that is the state's people and legislature's decision, not the government's nor any special interest group's, and the second opinion infringes upon the people's right to enforce the laws they desire statewise.

But I see a small line that bothers me with both opinions. I personally won't stand in the way of an ethical marriage of sound mind and consent, regardless of whether I approved or not, that is not up to me. Where the problem lies is that the emotional root of the second opinion is not without merit, Love is impossible to define, "proper" by customs or not. However, I fear it may be little more than a pawn line for a more insidious line of mind.

Wouldn't it be so nice if people could just marry whomever they wanted? I'd think so, but marriage isn't just a ring on the finger and conjoined living quarters. Insurance, titles, kinship, inheritance, and recognition are all factors of marriage as well, and I fear the sensational message of love for all could be covering an actual issue under the guise of equality, a guise so noble seeming that it could blind people from the underlying motive, but perhaps the same could be said of the first side with it's holier than though stance as well as there is no telling what kind of annotations/edits/paraphrasing/omissions in the many re-translations that could have marred the true message the bible is intended to impart.

I've heard many say they only deny gay marriage on the basis of insurance. Their argument is that if gay citizens in a state that recognizes gay marriages as legal and binding, their benefits on the insurance can be much more easily provided to a spouse who doesn't have independent insurance.(which I assure is quite expensive) The part that they are concerned with is that with any of those mentioned being added to existing coverage, the liability and extent of that coverage increases dramatically; at a rate that the payment on the insurance itself wouldn't cover. Insurance companies realizing this will, if they're retarded, eat the losses of profit, OR like every other business, will raise the costs all around to make up for the added expenses.(inflation)
This leads to a concern that people with pre-existing coverage plans will pay more for the same coverage due to the increased demand. For some people this is just seen as a necessary evil to include gays in benefits, but others believe this to be a conflict of their interest, which is why they oppose it so heavily.

Conversely, those who merely seek the marriage for the inclusion of coverage do little to further the sensationalist motive of letting people love whoever, and the people who do support that end are being strung along on a financial plot, which is disingenuine. Not a huge problem, but it devalues the emotions and heart on which it's based. But there may be a motive even more ulterior than that.

Just some food for thought. This is not meant in favor of either side. This is what real humans should be capable of pondering, namely what they believe in and if those they follow are really working for their interests. If you can't question your own beliefs objectively, you need to understand them better.
Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum