Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

game recommendation thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game recommendation thread

Post by Archangel on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:26 pm

just post what kind of game you are looking for and others can give some games that they recommend to help you out!

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game recommendation thread

Post by Archangel on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:14 am

ok, so I am wondering what final fantasy game I should play next. I have played ff5 and onward so I need one of the titles 1-4. I also have never played any of the tactics games, maybe I would like those, idk. I have a 360, psp, and Wii, let me know what you guys think I might like.

Also, I am looking for a game (maybe a party game or something with a lot of minigames that my wife might enjoy playing with me) she is very picky. She seemed to like Fuzion Frenzy when I had that however, and she likes Wii sports, any suggestions would be welcome.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:09 pm

The PSP has FF1, FF2 and FFT sadly the only one I can recommend is FFT and if you had a DS I would of suggested FF3 and FF4. Now about your wife there's Fusion Frenzy 2 Which I actually enjoyed and if she liked Wii sports then she might enjoy Wii Resort plus there's the Guitar Hero series.
Darkness Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:44 pm

When it comes to narrative and Final Fantasy the only two that I have been told are lacking storywise are the 1st and the 3rd. So I suppose in a sense I could recommend FF II and IV, however I am currently playing the Final Fantasy 1 remake on the PSP and I am finding it rather enjoyable. Also Final Fantasy IV is coming out on a special edditon for the PSP soon aswell (Nemo knows more on it then myself).

As for party games, are we talking party specific games or games that can be enjoyed all round and with a group of friends. If the later then an instant game I recommend would be Mario Kart, easy to pick up and play and enjoyable in groups. If we're talking party specific then Wii Sports Resort is good (but kinda requires 2 or more motion pluses), Warioware kinda falls under this definition as well but it's more one player and also I suppose Wii Play is another title I could recommend. I'd avoid Mario Party like a bush fire as it isn't really that great, because the system operates on a boardgame type system which could last hours (although the collection of minigames are enjoyable).

I was wondering if anyone has played God Of War 3 on the PS3. I have the first two and I am rather enjoying them but I want to know if the 3rd is just as good.

RYCloud92

View user profile http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:18 pm

I wholly recommend the FF1 remake, I spent about 50 hours on it and I still haven't gotten to Chaos. >.< III isn't terrible, though much harder than any of the others I've played, but I usually went in with the wrong jobs. IV is great, I'm getting it for the PSP when it comes out on the 20th, so that one is definitely for recommendation. The Ys series on the PSP is fantastic, if you get the chance, try and get those, though Ys Seven isn't that great. Syphon Filter and 3rd Birthday are also good for the PSP, though they're both pretty difficult and third person shooters.

Nothing for the 360, but the Wii has a few good games that I've played. FF: Crystal Bearers is fantastic, has a great feel to it and excellent battle system, though it is for the Wii, so you have to use your cunning to win.

Many thanks to Just_Smile for this AWESOME Serah sig. Very Happy

Claire

View user profile http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks for the input guys, anything else is welcomed. @Ry--I personally haven't played GoW3, but I have played the first two as well. From what I have heard boss battles are epic, graphics are amazing, and gameplay is about what you would expect--10 hrs or so. I'm pretty sure Erel has played it, so he would be able to provide more info.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:31 pm

I have played the first two and I agree. However I'm just wondering if it's too good to hold off or if it isn't all that. I plan to get it just wondering if I could risk holding off a bit longer to see how cheap it can get.

RYCloud92

View user profile http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm sure it should drop down pretty soon, I would check amazon, they usually have good deals, as good as it is, a game like that doesn't offer a ton of replay value, which kind of hurts for a full price. I bought the original final fantasy for the psp last night for 10 bucks, so I'm looking forward to starting that pretty soon

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:28 am

This is more of a golden oldie, but if you want a game that'll keep you busy for a couple hours, then DL Sorcerer's MAze from PSN. It's a PS1 remake of an Arcade game, and I've been playing it for years. It's also got a multiplayer function so it's a decent party game, though limited to only two players. :/ If you want a video of gameplay, then click here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62l4fvqfuc

Last edited by nemo on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Many thanks to Just_Smile for this AWESOME Serah sig. Very Happy

Claire

View user profile http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 am

Zack'sCloud wrote:ok, so I am wondering what final fantasy game I should play next. I have played ff5 and onward so I need one of the titles 1-4. I also have never played any of the tactics games, maybe I would like those, idk. I have a 360, psp, and Wii, let me know what you guys think I might like.

Also, I am looking for a game (maybe a party game or something with a lot of minigames that my wife might enjoy playing with me) she is very picky. She seemed to like Fuzion Frenzy when I had that however, and she likes Wii sports, any suggestions would be welcome.

In relation to your game that you wife would like, have you guys played Hasbro's Family Game Night for Wii. If you like the original Twister or Operation! board games then you'll have a laugh. We've got all 3 games and tend to use them when we have a few people over. It's a laugh because they're the old games without the need for bringing the board games out and setting them up like you used to do as a kid ^^

[size=9]Nor set down aught in malice. Then must you speak
Of one that lov'd not wisely but too well;
Of one not easily jealous, but being wrought,
Perplex'd in the extreme
Tainted Dreamz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top