Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

FFXIII Versus

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: FFXIII Versus

Post by Tainted Dreamz on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:40 pm

I don't think FF should put sex in to their games, I know that sex sells, but in my opinion it leaves something to the imagination.

The darker side to the game I'm guessing would be something like a darker side to a story with whats going on in the same world as well.

I hope they hurry up with this now, tired of waiting >.<

[size=9]Nor set down aught in malice. Then must you speak
Of one that lov'd not wisely but too well;
Of one not easily jealous, but being wrought,
Perplex'd in the extreme
Tainted Dreamz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:14 am

I just want a release date, that's all I'm asking...
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Not a very solid source/s but rumor has it this year.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:22 pm

hell they made ppl wait this long, might as well make it a new console game

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:28 pm

^ It might actually come out on the Wii U if they keep on delaying it.
Darkness Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 am

Well? We're waiting Square...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:09 am

That's going to be us when they release the damn game for sure....

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:02 pm

haven't been stressin out about it as much lately, I have a lot of other good games to play

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 am

new reports are that versus may be dead. Surprise surprise

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Cancelled. Yes... sadly. Speculations or nonsensical internet tirades say that they cancelled the project and might use the premise of versus for FFXV.

Truth to be told, the Final Fantasy is drawing their last few breaths as it would seem. The company reached its pinnacle around FFVII - FFX and then .... boom. We all know the story.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 pm

On another note. I have heard great things about Xenoblade chronicles, and the last story...both for the wii, maybe it is time I look in a different direction for my JRPGs

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Xenoblade takes Jrpg's in a much more logical, and less clunky direction, and the last story tells a simpler story that is as good as many final fantasy games, and manages not to be so over complicated.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20500000/Noctis-noctis-lucis-caelum-20570310-600-655.jpg
It's a good thing he had a chair to wait in huh?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Perhaps this was a ruse for according to G4, this is not the case at all and the development still perpetuates....

FFXIII versus not cancelled

Well, I can echo what has been said in the G4 article that I HOPE this does put a fire in their ass to help hasten the project because... I need a JRPG to be epic. I've had a big chasm in my soul in regards to a REALLY good HARD hitting JRPG as of late.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:15 pm

^ If that's the case then get a 360 along with Lost Odyssey.
Darkness Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:03 pm

^Had it when I still owned my 360. Wasn't that impressive to me. Yes, as appalling as that sounds.

Maybe I should try it again though. I was in my 'hate 360 day' cause of the Red ring and I was still butt hurt that KEY figures left Square Enix. I'm sure now I can appreciate it better... I just have to get around actually getting a 360 again. Perhaps Christmas.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:51 am

I still can't believe you didn't like Lost Odyssey, I love that game, but oh well. Do you have a Wii? Xenoblade and Last Story have gotten good reviews. Haven't played them myself yet. I just want FF13versus to get here, but then again, if it is ps3 exclusive, I don't know why I'm even worrying

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:21 pm

I was a different gamer then as I am now. SO my views on that game might change now. But my budget doesn't really adhere to the idea of me buying another console just for a game or two. So I'll try it again... maybe. Eventually. I'm sure I can give a much more mature and better opinion about it when that time comes. While I do miss a good really compelling JRPG, I'm not that eager to play one.

But who knows, Zack. Square needs to please as much of their fans as possible so making it multi is a smart choice.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:50 am

So. This game just surpassed FFXII in regards to the longest FF game in production. FFXII took 5 years, FFXIII versus is going on 7 years. This is still one of those games that could be the end all be all for Final Fantasy franchise for me. With the lack of zest of turn based Rpgs with mainstream(myself included though I'm not exactly the biggest testament of a mainstream gamer with the choices of games I like and do not like/ play or DO not play) and the fact that Final Fantasy had lost its flavor since way back when(that is based on opinion on which is the LAST true Final Fantasy; FFIX is a good candidate to MANY fans).

Still though, I am not against a new breath of fresh air. Reboots are on the good side for this year in my opinion so we'll see.

There are news that this game might be a next gen game so it may actually be multi for all we know.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm starting to wonder.. Would it stay a PS3 exclusive ? :') The new games that will come out at the end of this year (at least the ones I follow), will be for PS4..
And I'm totally not looking forward to spend a lot of money on that new thing :c

Original signature art : Grypwolf on DA and Tatchit on DA
Pixel by BronzeHalo on DA
Just_Smile

View user profile http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm not too sure if it will go to Xbox 720. The chances are pretty big. And yeah, the price for these next gen will break a leg or two. lol.

Well, Ps3/Xbox 360's life was pretty exuberant xD. Who knows, after Ps4 and X720 comes out there will probably be more life left with ps3/360. But yeah, some major 'hard hitting' games will probably be on the newer system in full prowess even if they are multi platform.

I'm still on the safe side in regards to the ps4 which is: Wait after the first few months of its birth. But i've been a bit more impulsive when it comes to certain things. So we'll see. I'm just really putting a lot of bets on this game, that's all.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:26 am

I'd love for this to be the next Ultra hit like Chrono Trigger in it's heyday.
Seriously, the gameplay/story potential/setting has the distinct possibility of upstaging FF7 as the most acclaimed FF title if they do it right. Kingdom heartsish gameplay (mabye a tad deeper) lush areas starkly contrasting the cities as well as some dreary post apocalyptic locals and something of a dreamlike state as well, and a mash up of mafia wars and star crossed love is a great setup.

Here for hoping it's a literal game changer for the J-rpg world.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:01 am

I think it looks promising, but when will I ever see it?

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:04 pm

I honestly think this game won't be out until the PS4 is released. And as far as I know, no new news on the game has really been released. I mean, if this is like Bioshock Infinite and they're taking their time to make a really, really, REALLY fucking amazing game then fine. Perfect it. Make it the game Square really wants. And don't rush the project. Because I agree with Zane, this game could be a game changer for JRPGs where they can bring the genre back to the table against the powerhouse that is now Western RPG's. I can only think of at least 5 Eastern RPGs that have had any sort of impact in the past few years.

But I don't have high hopes unfortunately just because I've been let down game after game after X's release. But that's just personal thoughts. Maybe this game can bring me back into the francise.

Thanks to Nemo for the Junpei Sig and Smiles for the Avatar and Kanji sig
The Cap'n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 am

I couldn't agree more with both your statements. I have always been a lover of jrpgs. Aside from fighting games and mindless (using that word loosely) 2D scroll games, Jrpgs are what really got me to delve into gaming. FFVII, FFVI, Chrono Trigger.... a plethora of jrpgs are on my list that accentuates Just HOW MUCH I love/d the genre. But in regards to Final Fantasy, I felt the 'spirit' of the said franchise wither after FFX(I'm a FFX fanatic, just to remind all of you!).

FFXII wasn't my cup of tea. Took me a while to say this but FFXIII may be gorgeous and in some way a really enjoyable game to me, but it was stale. In fact, I abhor it! The terrible plot(or lack of), the rather acrid way some potentially good characters are written into a convoluted world... it wasn't a final fantasy! I won't sit here and scrutinize the spinoffs like FFX-2, FFXIII-2, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, etc. etc. because I believe they are a different breed and should NOT be judged in the same wavelength as the main titles; I digress. But truthfully, the spirit is dying and we need SOMETHING to revitalize it. Now, FFXIII VS may be a 'spin off', but if it fares well, it could over shadow the 'main' FFXIII. I hope so.

Westerns are becoming the main RPGs; and I have little to NO qualms with it. they have given gamers more to be enticed about than the so called 'RPGS' that eastern had dished out. I need FFXIII versus to be the hard hitting game. We need something potent in the Final Fantasy world to stand up to what Final Fantasy WAS. I amy be an optimist in this, but I am adamant that the fantasy isn't at its final pages, Godamnit!

But, even if it is a ps4 release, there's a chance that 720 will get it. I wouldn't doubt that.

-----EDIT------

There are rumors that are confirming that this game will be one of ps4's main 'opening' games and that it will be renamed FFXV.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:06 pm

I personally hope FF XIII-Versus and FF XV are separate games, but that both have had everything put into them so as not to be disappointments as recent games in the series have been. I hope versus is the action-RPG to rival western RPGs and that XV is the epic party-based game that we've been waiting for since FFX, one to do justice to the series name.
Hanpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next