FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
I finished Tactics EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
I finished Tactics EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
I finished Tactics EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
I finished Tactics EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
I finished Tactics EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
I finished Tactics EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
I finished Tactics EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
I finished Tactics EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
I finished Tactics EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I finished Tactics

2 posters

Go down

I finished Tactics Empty I finished Tactics

Post by The Cap'n Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:45 pm

So I just finished Final Fantasy Tactics and I am very impressed. This game was great. It was fun, challenging, very customizable, great soundtrack and good story. I only have a few complaints with the game, like the awful translation and the ending was a little weak until that final scene with Delita and Olivia but in the end, FFTactics is in my top 5 Final Fantasy Games.

I do wish that the playable characters, like Agrias and Mustadio and Cid, would leave a bigger impact on the story other than before they joined the party. I would like to see Ramza and Mustadio talking to each other during scenes or with Vormav's daughter (Her name escapes me right now) talking to Hashmal during the fight. There were just bits of fighting that I wished characters would speak and do shit.

Some job classes I actually found super useless. Like the monsters were never good and when I got late into the game, I never needed a chocobo for mounts because my characters were so fast and could move like 6-9 spaces.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

I finished Tactics Empty Re: I finished Tactics

Post by Erel Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Vormav's daughter... Was she the Divine Knight that does Shellbust Stab and all those armor/weapon/accessories breaking techs? Which was annoying as all hell when done to me! I think her name was Meliadoul.

Samurai class, Lancer,Monks, geomancers, and white mages were my team players. I always used Time mages but I hated how they looked so I learned the haste and slow then moved on to a different class. Special classes, Of course HOly Swordsman is hands down the best out of the knights. Mustadio's class was awesome too of course. monsters were useless. The only ones I kept around were the 3rd level Behemoths and the Hydras. As for moving, I wish Teleport wasn't so damn useless! But Yeah I know what you mean. Moving was always no issue after I got to a certain point. I love FFT... The PSP version added some scenes that were deleted in the PSX version for some reason. That and you get extra characters like Balthier, some other dude.

I'm probably going to DL this later on PSN. This game was always a classic. And If you got Cloud, he was fucking useless.

One thing, I wish this game was longer. Like there were actually 12 Zodiac stones and bosses that you had to fight. The story to this day is still phenomenon in my opinion. Thunder God Cid remains in my book the BEST version of Cid, although yeah, he had no big impact after you recruit him.

And one more complaint I have, the bad guys get badass spells like FLare 2, Ultima 2, Fire 4, Teleport 2 {which always works} and all these badass things that we don't get. LOL. Fuck.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Yeah that's right. I never liked her, character and player in general. Just a weak role put in the story at the last second. Not to mention Cid knows all her skills as well as the ones Agrias and Gafgaron learn so there's no point in any other character aside from Cid being a knight.

I used a mix bunch of classes but my main ones were the "Given" classes for story characters because they suck with anything else. I also used Ninja, Monk and Chemist. Ramza as a Ninja/Squire and Cid knowing all his sword skills plus some of the moves for Monk like Chakra and a couple others with Mustadio equipped with a gun and a mastered chemist class, I was unstoppable. I did not get Cloud and I do not want to get Cloud. I've got enough characters, plus I worked hard to level these guys up. Plus I heard he's awful and slow as shit so no thank you. I know the other character in War of the Lions, it's the lead for the Tactics Advanced 2 for DS. He's okay I guess but I don't want to get that game because I heard Vaan and Penelo are in it and sadly, they're the best characters...

The story was fantastic but like I said before, translation was awful. So many spelling mistakes, not to mention how awkward the dialogue was sometimes. I am with you on the length, I felt a little cheated out because this was the fastest I think I've ever gone through a Final Fantasy, at 33 hours (Not including Excalibur II run). I did like Cid, but I wouldn't classify him as a real "Cid" in the FF series. Cid's are always known for their engineering and their airship skills (or at least building some), T.G. Cid didn't have the stereotypes that make a true Cid. He was something else, I know his true purpose was a tribute to Tactics Ogre (FFT's Precursor) and his design is almost identical to a character in that but they named him Cid for the Final Fantasy aspects. He was like the Cid of FFVIII, named Cid for the sake of the name not the character.

AND I KNOW! Fuck, I want to use Dark Holy and Ultima 2, why can't I!? If I knew these, I would be a fucking god lol!
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 am

The funniest thing about Meliadoul's first guest star appearance to fight by your side is when you're fighting undead/Monsters with no weapons or armors to bust. LOL. I was like, fuck her.

Rafa and Malak... gay!

Agrais was awesome until Cid came around.

Mustadio, badass!

Let's see... Cloud, totally gay; but there were a few good characters that came from his quest like Beouwulf. That guy was an Oracle with a sword and could cast the status effects immediately. He was really helpful in deep dungeon if you were searching for items there. Got everyone of them after HOURS and HOURS of figuring out where and when the fuck the items were. His wife Reis... was okay. But not very useful. The robot was dope and had an extremely long range capabilities. That weird demon was just gay.

Well, as for a standard Cid, you're right. He isn't like any other Cid. But I never called him Orlandu. I always called him Cid and honeslty, I never really categorized Cid as anything else in terms of jobs aside from a repeating character of every FF NPC or not.

It's been so long since I played the PSX version that I don't remember all the awful translations and all the faults you mentioned. I bought War of the Lions and Put not even a quarter of hours on what I spent on FFT on my psx. I loved that fucking game. I played that game after FFVII and my friends were making fun of me cause it didn't look as 'cool' as FFVII but that
game totally rocks!

Dude, the moment I saw Ultima 2 I freakin pissed in my pants and was HELLA MAD!!!! But After my 6th 99+ hours game of FFT, I used my gameshark and had all those special cool spells, had Archaic demons in my party, I had Elmdor and Vormav's son {the shrine knight in Green and gold} in my team; I was casting dark holy, Ultima 2, FLare 2... yeah I know cheating. But I deserved it! hehehheeh

did you ever get the 13th zodiac summon btw?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 pm

I keep forgetting to reply dammit...

I did play this a little bit after our discussion of this in... fuck, November and I did get Beowulf and Reis... and I killed them in a battle like 5 minutes later and learned some of their already learned skills. Does that makes me an awful person? Because I hope it does lololol... I also killed the robot.

I did not get the Zodiac Summon, I don't even know about it. Elaborate plox.

I wish I was introduced to this game when I was younger... but knowing of my short attention span and my sub-retardation as a youth, I would be running in circles saying, "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!". I mean it took me 5 years to understand FFVIII, gameplay and story. This game would have taken me until I was 40 to understand the mechanics and I'd probably bitch about how much I hated it every single day.

Ah Gameshark, one of my best friends before his glory was stolen by that shit head Action Replay... I had a Gameboy Gameshark and I used is EXCESSIVELY. Totally ruined 3/4 of my games. But it was worth it to have bad guys as playable characters and stealing pokemon was hilarious.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:38 pm

You killed Beouwulf? lol. well I understand Reis but... did you ever go to Deep Dungeon? he's useful to keep monsters alive and asleep and sedated while you search for items. It's in the south east part of the map, you have to trigger it at that town and that island will pop up. You have i think 13 levels... and each place has items in certain places that you need to use the 'move-find-item' walk skill. BUT... one has to have a LOW LOW LOW brave to get the item otherwise it'll be a pheonix down. if you know this, then this is just me blabbering.

As for the 13th summon, You have to reach the last level and there will be a grand summoner who will summon the 13th zodiac. Problem is, it takes a shit load of life so one has to have the take mp damage to actually learn it {and obviously person has to be a summoner}.

I'm not sure if I remembered these right.... I could be wrong. I haven't played that game in like 3 years.... so I could be totally off. Look it up in google i'm sure they're a lot more accurate than me.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 pm

I did go to deep dungion but it seemed like it was only one floor and I fought in the same floor like 5 times and figured it was just a randomly generated floor with random monsters. But I didn't keep a summoner, I was more of a physical offensive player. I had a Black and White Mage but they were overshadowed by my ninjas, Cid and chemist.

FFFFFF- Dammit I need to continue playing... but I've got SO MANY GAMES TO PLAY RIGHT NOW...

I'll do a second playthrough maybe and do it all in one blow. Probably won't happen until a year or so.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum