FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
idea for something we could do as a forum.... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

idea for something we could do as a forum....

+6
Erel
Leonknight
Just_Smile
Archangel
KOS-MOS-1701-A
BLEH
10 posters

Go down

idea for something we could do as a forum.... Empty idea for something we could do as a forum....

Post by BLEH Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:01 pm

now... i'm sure most of us have heard of minecraft... i have an idea... what if we as a forum... use a single save file shared between all of us one at a time and create our own bases and stuff....

and i don't mean we go out and buy the game... i mean minecraft classic... you can't die, get infinate blocks... no bad guys... not a complex as the proper game but fun all the less....

anyone think its a good idea? i already got a file (called FFLMine) we can use.... with my base included (very proud of it too)

i was thinking that it could work like this.... i share the file to someone... they use that file...create their own base somewhere.... save the file to FFLMine2 (e.t.c) and return to me, then i share file with next person... (or they share the file directly to next person) and so it continues....

even if only 2 people participate in this it could be fun Smile

obviously there would need to be a few small rules... like:

• Save often in case you mess up and flood your base (with water OR Lava)
  • Don't fiddle with other bases and then save... the persons hard work would be ruined (if you see what i done in part of my base you'd understand why i'd be pissed Cool )
  • try to avoid merging bases unless you have permission
  • in order to save you DO have to be registered on the website but thats quick and free and stuff

(obviously they can be added too as people go along...)

and then each person can add a set of rules for their own base.. like mine would be...

• DO NOT dig behind the TNT blocks, i put those up to mark a bad place (e.g. water/lava is behind them somewhere)
  • an area blocked off by pure brick is an area i've yet to explore properly but plan too in the future
  • i have a secret (not extremly secret but meh) area in my base somewhere that has a HUGE, BARELY EXPLORED CAVE behind it... i will allow bases to be built there... if you can find the area (HINT: look behind the books Cool )

anyway... as i said this could be fun even if only 2 people did it... let me know what you guys think... (and i can put up screen shots of my base if you wanna see what i done so far)
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

idea for something we could do as a forum.... Empty Re: idea for something we could do as a forum....

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:48 pm

I think that this idea does have merit and I don't want to sound like a total buzzkill, but there are a few problems with that, the most important one being how would we share the file with each other all the time, not to mention if we all had a copy of the file and we all modified it we'd then have 20 or so copies of the same file.........which would be highly confusing in itself.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

idea for something we could do as a forum.... Empty Re: idea for something we could do as a forum....

Post by BLEH Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:05 pm

well... in order to share the file there is 2 options.... 1 share through msn or something or 2 upload to something like rapidshare....

and what i meant was one member takes a copy of the file... then saves a new one called FFLMine2 (or whatever)...

and this might be easier.. give the new file with your base back to me.... and... uhh... how to explain this..... i know...

Me: Gives file1 to person 1
person 1: makes base, gives file2 back to me
Me: swaps file1 for file2, gives file2 to person 2
person 2: makes base, gives file3 back to me
Me: swaps file2 for file 3, gives file 3 to person 3

e.t.c.

that way each person gets 2 files.... the one before their base and the one after.... and if you go again... you can just replace the new files with the old ones.....
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:32 pm

im so confused...
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:05 pm

It sounds good, but don't you need special programs/knowledge to make it or edit it ?
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:08 pm

its all online... the only thing you'd need to do is register on the website to be able to save/load.... if you wanna practice first go to

http://minecraft.net/play.jsp

and if you're confused just ask what parts you are confused on and i will see if i can help....

(anyone wanna see screenshots of my base?)
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:34 pm

minecraft = win

i would so be down to do this!
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:18 pm

in order to share the single player file i need advice on how to do it lol

as for a multiplayer server (bear in mind its the classic, not the beta or alpha so there's no mobs or anything....)

well... i got the server up and running... trying to sort a few things out with it... like adding the mods that enable you to fly and place lava/water blocks (if anyone knows how too let me know... i can't find the answer anywhere)

anyway... server link for you peeps is...

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=65b71bed093e705db5fba0a5aec6df37

you have to be registered/logged in to play (i think)

hopefully i'll see one or two of you on there and i can get help with the current plan ^_^

any questions then.... either add me on msn (bleh.anty@hotmail.co.uk)
or log onto server and speak to me there... if the server is up i'll usually be on (unless i'm doing something else)
or you can ask here lol
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:30 am

I registerd as Curtz7601, and I played on his map, and honestly, this game is so addictive (reason why I haven't posted in 2 days) honestly even though its all large 8-bit stuff, its awesome, just ask BLEH, I spent about 7 hours fashioning a cave, and there are parts I STILL haven't explored yet, (unfortunatly I can't explore all of it because BLEH accidentally flooded a large portion of the caves because i accidentally broke his "Sea Barrier")
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 am

aaaaw i would so play the server but atm it is down -.-;
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:40 am

sorry lost internet for a while... lol
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Come on people. This game is actually quite addicting once you get use to it. It is broswer based...well the multiplayer is at least, no downloads required! Just got to register that is all =D
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:43 am

Zack'sCloud wrote:im so confused...

You're not the only one. lol!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:22 am

It sounds confusing to me as well O.o I guess it's just one of those things that you have to play to get around it.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:03 am

its just a create and destroy type of world =D everything, if you do log into the server, was created either by me, bleh or kos
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:42 am

The FUCK is a Minecraft!?
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:38 am

i think it a small premature zebra with three eyes and a bad case of dandruff
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 am

ok... i've created 3 guest accounts that people can use to look around the world...

use these logins:

username: ffltest
password: password

username: ffltest2

username: ffltest3

you can't actually access the server unless you are logged in.... so go to

Minecraft Home Page

login one of those above logins (or register your own account) then go to

Final Fantasy Liminality Minecraft

that'll get you onto the FFL minecraft server....

once there head through the portal in the room to reach the current main level.... lookaround as much as you want... you can talk to other people but you won't be able to build or destroy blocks due to me setting building permissions..... should you then want to join in and build your own things just register you're own account and login, let me, leon, or Kos know who you are and we'll make you a builder...

as i said before any questions, just ask....
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sun May 27, 2012 2:18 pm

if any1 doesnt mind me asking but y have i just only noticed this minecraft convo? and 2 i have had minecraft paid for, for like well since it was in its alpha stages, xD i mean i could like pass u all a technically "free copy" each coz i highly trust u lot unless ofcourse they have fixed the "bug" 2 make it possible xD and creative mode is new so uhhh yeah u could totally create stuff aswell with unlimited resorces ect ect and if any1 is up for it just PM me Razz -.-' (still cant believe ive just only noticed this convo some1 should slap me actually on second thought dont coz that would hurt)
Nightmare
Nightmare

http://www.scythgamegroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon May 28, 2012 1:33 pm

I have to fix my version, since my texture pack is so badly glitched, and I have no idea how to remove it since I put it in the actual files, which is HUGE. The texture pack was supposed to be the RPG pack, but it glitched so badly, my MC will barely even run anymore. :/
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Mon May 28, 2012 1:35 pm

do u have the actually EXE bought MC? coz i could look into it by using my MC as a ummmmm gunie pig xD
Nightmare
Nightmare

http://www.scythgamegroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue May 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Yeah, the DL'd version.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:22 pm

why not redownload the texture pack?.. (although now i think of it... ou may have already fixed this)
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down