FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far?

+5
Erel
RYCloud92
Nightmare
Zane the pure
Archangel
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? Empty Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far?

Post by Archangel Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:41 am

How do think the developers are doing on this series? Are you impressed, disappointed, or simply satisfied with the product that they have put out there? What would like to see changed, and what do like about what they have done?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? Empty Re: Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far?

Post by Zane the pure Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:57 am

Oh no, I sense negativity on the way so I guess I'll spill first.

I like the game, I think its really entertaining (350+ hours and counting)
IT seems to me like Square wrote a love letter to its fans, but left out the part where it proposed. In short, While I think the game plays great, and the story is adequate, I think there were certain areas in which it couldn't quite deliver, but as far as Duodecim is looking, it seems to be improving on those things, yet it removed some of my favorite combos, which seemed stupid at first but I can't help but feel I'll miss them...

First game gets a 9.1 from me for great presentation, but it didn't hit the zenith that it may have been capable of...

And the Second is looking good for me.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? Empty Re: Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far?

Post by Nightmare Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:05 am

i think the game series by square is diffrent from the other final fantasys which i reli like Smile and i like the battle system and i would luv if some of the other characters from other final fantasys could be in it Razz and i wish they did some kind of side quests like defeat a sub boss or somit and u get extra points or even rare weapons or gil but altoger its pretty gd its not a game id play every second of the day but in my books this scores a full 8 points Very Happy
Nightmare
Nightmare

http://www.scythgamegroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:32 am

I'm impressed with the gameplay, as there isn't another fighter like it.

The story, is alright for a fighter. Not horribly terrible but not on the level of real Final Fantasy games (however the 2nd seems to have a more focused story mode)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:09 pm

ok, so when the first dissidia came out I was pumped...I played through all of the stories and did all of the typical stuff...now I admit, I'm not really into fighting games, but as far as the battle system goes, I had no problem with that...I guess my expectations were simply too high for the game. One, I think it would play much nicer on a larger console. Two, the story and characters felt dull to me, they simply fit their roles without really changing much and it was too cliche of a story for me. It's final fantasy, lets juice it up a bit here. As for the second one, there may some little improvements with the additions of new characters and whatnot, but I still feel like the story won't be there--Cloud, Tidus being bad guys, what is that all about? But I guess we will have to wait and see, I also feel like they are going a bit overboard with the costumes, but oh well. So far this series has been disappointing to me, but part of that is because of the expectations I have for it, not necessarily because it is a bad game.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Cloud and Tidus bad guys. Okay I can see Cloud because Sephiroth did control him. But Tidus? Well I guess I don't know the story so I really have no say.

My impression on the game. Has been said. Nuff said.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:59 am

^Well there is a cutscene where Jecht tells Tidus that he's gone and got himself brainwashed.

Yuna also seems to have her memories of X's events, so my guess is Chaos is using Tidus's hatred for his Dad as a motivator for him to fight him.

Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? Tidus_012
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? Jecht_012
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 am

I enjoyed the games, but I didn't really like the voice acting and it had a stupid story (I'm sorry ! Maybe Dissidia 2 will be better :3).

But I liked the gameplay after all ! The idea is awesome and original and it has got many good features.
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 am

Totally agreed on the voice acting--pretty dull, either way too charismatic or way too emo sounding, nothing in the middle. As for Tidus being brainwashed--really, is that the best that Square could think of?? Idk, maybe it will be deeper than that, we will have to wait for judgement on that aspect...and I just think that it is stupid that now Cloud is bad...ok so he beats Sephiroth, puts all of that shit behind him, Tifa is with him in this Dissidia, and now he is just like "oh hey Sephiroth, I wanna be your buddy and partner up" just seems lame to me. That definitely isn't his character at the end of VII
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:43 pm

@Zack: The game is a prequel to the first Dissidia. That's why Terra and Cloud are on Chaos's side because it relates to how they both worked for the bad guy before being a good guy. But I completely agree, why is Tidus a bad guy? ffffffuuuuu-

And now for Cap'n Amarant's "Too Long; Didn't Read" staring Cap'n Amarant.

Here's the scoop. The first Dissidia was dissapointing. Horrendous story (But I can forgive because it's a fighting game and I just want to beat people up), very poor voice acting, terrible "Trance-esque" remixes of great songs, stale gameplay, boring and effortless maps and a very shitty camera.

The battle fields are so lame. Flat landscapes of nothing with the few ecuses for an occasional wall and area of no landscape to fall into. The area's were small and flat for the most part with nothing that can really cause a problem or even make the fighting place seem awesome. But my main complaint was the poor fucking camera. Seriously, I try hitting a guy and the camera shifts to some weird angle that causes me to miss and then the guy I'm fighting jumps in and rapes me. The chess board thing I wasn't a fan of either but at least the second game will have a world map and I'm interested in seeing if that works.

Nomura's got this habit of destroying great characters in his games. Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts have gotten some of the coolest and best written characters from the FF series and destroys them completely. I was so pissed when I first saw Vivi and Setzer in KH2 and how out of character they were. I get that each playable character's "story" was to be a bit like what had happened in their respected game. So Squall spends the first half of his story moping around then starts doing things for his friends, Firion is trying to find his purpose of fighting in this war until he comes to a desision, Tidus has major issues to settle with his old man, Zidane stops goofing off to be a real full time hero, Terra is trying to learn what it means to live your own life. It was just a walk down memory lane but the actual characters have been buttfucked personality wise.

Cloud mopes around the entire game when he only really mopes in VII when he remembers his shit with Zack but he still fights for the better good.

Bartz is paper thin but in V he's actually not like that. I've gotten a whole new view of him. He's wild, he's stubborn and a bit of a goofball. I like him as a leader. I didn't see that in V.

Warrior of Light. Pierce the dark, obey the light. The light is life. The light is life. The light is light. Lightlightlightlightlight.

The villains were the same for the most part but Kefka was made a comic relief when I remember playing VI and being terrified of him. Never laughing at him, just cringing and wanting to kill him because he's a diabolical bastard. He's fucking batshit crazy and ruthless in VI. In the first Dissidia he acts like the two old men in the balcony from the Muppets, he says something funny and laughs (poorly) while doing nothing on the sidelines when I always remembered him always planning to do something to cause extreme pain to everyone to ge this way. But what does he do? Warps Bartz somewhere then gives lame prop comedy lessons. Hooray.

I want to see if the gameplay is heavily improved but after seeing a few fights like the ones on the Phantom Train (That level litterally has no effort put into it) then I'm afraid the game is going to be the same but shiny-er...
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 am

After reading everyone's views, I can safely say I hold just about as much hope for Duodecim as some of you.

The first Dissidia is the one game I own that I've logged way too many hours into without regretting it. It is also the only fighting game in the world to keep my attention focused on it for more than 25 hours. I'm not sure what exactly attracts me to it, other than that famous FF feel, or just a completely gripping battle system, that for once in a fighting game, works for me.

I'm also one of the few and the proud that believes this game is perfect for the PSP. I'm not saying it wouldn't be better on the bigger systems, but given how many of you hate it, it would only improve on a very miniscule level. To be honest, I purchased a PSP saolely for this game, but when I bought the PSP, I still had time till the release date, so I began looking at the PSP's other games, and they're absolutely phenomenal. xSeed Games is producing Ys for the PSP, how much better is that? (well for me, anyway)

Anywho, the first Dissidia to me was a slow starter, the voice acting was a HUGE turnoff at first till they introduced the Amazing Keith David (can pull rabbits out of his hat, therefore earning Amazing) as Chaos, the most intimidating villain that I've been exposed to in any game. Better still, when I completed the story and found out how much CRAP there was to do before I would allow myself to even put down the game. It really is like a dream to someone with OCD when you want every accomplishment completed.

The nostalgic view of everyone's story was actually what I loved most about the game. As Zane put it, Square made this game as a love letter to us, it was meant to make us remember how much we appreciate Square for giving us such a great series. And I think they delivered quite well. But the voice acting coach needs firing.

As for Duodecim, it's a sequel, how good can it be? But I have to buy it first before I can actually say that. Hopefully it won't be near as big a letdown as was the unmentionable KH spinoff for the PSP.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Can PSP do Nationwide Online multiplayer? I never got my PSP hooked online before I traded it in, so I don't remember.

@RY: Brainwash. Of course. Mind control then Brainwash for both main Blondies for 2 very popular FFs. lol.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:22 pm

^Depends on the game, Metal Gear Portable ops has Wifi play but other games require adhoc party Via the use of a PS3.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Then there's Xlink kai to assist at a much cheaper 15 bucks... and quite laggy.....

PLayed a bit of JPN duodecim today, and the game is a lot faster paced, chase is hard to follow, but it seems more like it was meant to be a guessing game from the beginning. Some of the changes I was a little unprepared for, like Exdeath canceling amalgest with High-block and then hitting me with another amalgest? Grr, well played square...

The AI quite a bit tougher, the assists are kinda annoying, and ex is really hard to come by.

One welcome change though it seems, ALL attacks do about half the previous damage, and as offense based as this game is, it'll add up quickly enough...

The file exchange thing puts in your previous levels, so have fun with lv 100 characters. No clue what the accessories will be though... must touch up on more katakana to read the labels...
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:32 pm

why write a love letter to the fans, with the same old stuff from all of the previous series, when you can make something new and exciting on a whole new level with a whole new genre and set of fans, and with Erel's point of it being a console game---look at the success of MvC3
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:02 pm

As a testament to the enjoyment that fan "should" have derived from the original...
The game wasn't meant to be a new story, it was to echo the impact of the series.

At least that's my interpretation of it...
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:51 am

huh, well didn't have much impact on me I guess--seemed bland and unoriginal
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 am

I have no say in the story. I didn't get into it. To me Dissidia is a fighting game. No fighting game ever has a GREAT story.

Well let me rephrase my question then cause I just want to clarify your answer, Ry, can you battle people online anywhere with Dissdia?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Erel wrote:I have no say in the story. I didn't get into it. To me Dissidia is a fighting game. No fighting game ever has a GREAT story.

^THAT!!!!
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Have you guys ever played Blazblue?
Its pretty good... but no accounting for opinion i guess

back to dissidia though...

My argument is synonymous with this quote from TV Tropes...
"Character Exaggeration - Everyone, to an extent. It's probably a necessary evil, since almost two dozen main heroes and main villains wouldn't stand out from each other unless their unique traits weren't made more glaring. As well, a lot of the Destiny Odyssey storylines are meant to parallel the plot and character development of their hero's original game, so you've got to squeeze 30-40 hours of character growth into a five-stage level that will take a couple hours tops. Things are gonna be glossed over and left out."

Last edited by Zane the pure on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:13 pm

hated Blazblue so I don't count that <<
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:21 am

^Blasphemy. Just for that, MEAT BUNS MEAT BUNS, MEAT BUUUUUUUUUUNS!!! Voice Acting was just about as good as Dissidia's, but the story was phenomenal. Although, other fighting games fail utterly in terms of story.

Dissidia was not meant to be a new and original project, it was made to celebrate the 20th Anniversary, and if you're going to make a memorable project, it should pertain to its subject, no?

And, honestly? You guys are basing the bigger system problem on the fact that the online play was limited? Since you guys are big spenders, the xLink Kai will solve your problem, even though its only $15. Besides, like I said, if that's the only thing you were wanting from this game, it still wouldn't have improved much. You'd play it for maybe 50 more hours, then put it down forever given how much you hate every other aspect of the game. Gameplay can only last so long in a person.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:14 am

Just bc a majority of fighting game's stories suck, doesn't mean dissida's had too. Idk, simply put, I was displeased with it, and I am curious to see how duodecim does, but the glass is half empty on this series imo
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:47 pm

@nemo: not just basing it on limited multi player. For someone who once held both systems at one point, I can honestly say and have said there are so many other things. Anyway, not gonna beat on an old point.

Ps $15 isn't big time spending on the gaming hobby. Lol jk I knew what you meant.

@Zack: well not all of them have to suck, but me having no high expectation helps when it comes to the story of fighting games.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:25 pm

I've never experienced a good story in fighting games. Ever. But I'm with Zack because FF is notorious for it's large and entertaining stories. I was expecting this game to be like a real Final Fantasy story then you have the chance to beat the living hell out of the characters you hate the most. And I've said it countless times, but I love being able to smash Cloud and Squall's heads into the pavement.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next