Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What do you like/dislike about being a guy/girl?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you like/dislike about being a guy/girl?

Post by Archangel on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 am

Simple, just follow the name of the topic.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you like/dislike about being a guy/girl?

Post by Claire on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:31 am

Respect points for making this, Zack. *applause*

This requires organization, I will have to post another time.

Many thanks to Just_Smile for this AWESOME Serah sig. Very Happy

Claire

View user profile http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:34 pm

I enjoy being able to love sports, and going fishing and it being looked at as ok, bc it is a guy thing. I love being athletic and stronger, and I love the fact that I don't have to give birth or have a period. Some things I hate--men are all labeled as pigs with one thing on their mind. I hate feeling like I have to workout all of the time just to maintain an athletic build. Lastly, I hate not being able to get things I want just for my looks.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:50 pm

I like being a guy, not worrying about unimportant poop, and hanging out with little to no sense of conscientiousness and enjoying a pretty likable personality
and good looks lol

I have some qualms about manhood, mainly requiring a lot of self control and never seeming to catch a break of benefit of the doubt. Women are generally more physically comfortable with their friends (and the lack of that kind of friendship among my bros really gets me down) Plus I just like how pretty wholesome women look, and at times I'm called out for being not as masculine as other guys... but

The advantages of being male outweigh the disadvantages pretty well in my mind.

It's something I'd do for maybe a day and never afterwards.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Alright! Got my thoughts orgamanized, now to balance out my thoughts.

Benefits of being a Guy:
being shirtless and nobody giving two shits.

Downsides:
I could make an entire list, but no one will read it anyway. BE WARNED, I GET SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC!
A: Crotch shots
I realize that women get the same feeling we get when hit in the crotch, they get when hit in the chest, but I hate not even being able to walk without hunching over, or not being able to cross my legs without injuring myself. I also like to have girls sit in my lap, which can be extremely painful if someone shifts the wrong way, be it the girl or me. I also tend to have trouble sleeping cause I have to adjust myself (FUCK YOU, GRAVITY), then try to get back to sleep and sometimes I never do since I have to keep moving things around. >_> It is also just a fantastic weak point if someone is pissed off at me, since I feel like I was born too large.

B: Body Hair
One of my bigger pet peevs, is I have way too much body hair to be the slightest bit comfortable. I feel like a hormonally imbalanced gorilla when I look at myself in the mirror. IT sucks when I sweat, too, cause the hair traps it and it really reeks of BO till I take a shower. SHaving is an option, but it's just too much for a trim to do the job, and I get razor burn just about EVERYWHERE.

C: Body frame
I'll say this right now, I hate sports, and never planned to be involved with any kind of athleticism aside from walking, yet my body assumes I will be physically active 24/7 and made me way too muscular to even be attractive to myself anymore. I'm also tall and with very broad shoulders, so I constantly bump into things and trip...often. I would be way more comfortable with a small body frame (tits included), so I could A: not bump into things as much and B: wear dresses and stuff without feeling like a transvestite ogre.

D: Voice
Now, this is slightly disturbing to some people, but I would gladly give up my voice and dream as a voice actor to have a more melodious voice that women come equipped with. My voice is pretty deep and sometimes growly when I'm speaking in a low tone, which is sickening to hear all the time. It's unattractive to hear a deep voiced guy giggle, it just is.

E: The Setup
Here's my biggest problem, especially when other men gloat about having this WONDERFUL appendage that displays greatness and wisdom and all that bullshit. I hear men talking about having this thing as a source of pride, some of them when displaying the slightest bit of femininity, say they "don't deserve it" as if it's something they would rather trade their sister than get rid of. Whenever I hear this, I say I'd be proud and with unending happiness be rid of this thing and have the other. Most men say it is the greatest thing on earth to be a man, whilst I say it's nothing short of a curse that I am reminded of day after day that I'll never be cleansed of it. Sure, with the proper funds, I could chop it off, but I'd feel like a liar, since the rest of my body and voice won't match it, and that's worse than living like a man. My personality does not match this thing and I believe I would have been much happier, healthier and much more active in general if I was born a woman.

That's my two cents.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:45 am

Well, My thoughts on this matter have evolved a tad, so I might as well call some attention.

I suppose my feeling is while being a guy is mostly better for me, I do bemoan the fact that all male friendships are kept at yardstick's reach. I see my sister and her friends talk and mess around, and I wish I had those kinds of friends. Honestly that comradery would go perfectly with kind I already enjoy.

I personally believe that men can be as true of friends as family/spouse without being the least bit romantic or sexual. I'm a big proponent of Brother-like friendships; unbreakable, reliable, and honestly I have friends of both genders that I suffer withdrawal from not seeing.
Not clingy-like or dependant, Moreso I feel invigorated in their presence. And sometimes the fact that I'm the only one feeling that weighs heavy on my being.

I do like how pretty women can be, and it kinda pains me that some are of such low self-esteem, and embaressed of some that are too blatently risque.
that's why I argue about make-up alot. The women I know say they use it to enhance whats already there, and to a degree I accept that. I just think too many beautiful women spend too much time hiding behind a cult of personatlity.

I enjoy the company of most women, and am usually more at peace in their presence. However, when it becomes clear that they are a tad more intrested in me than regular, it puts a bit of a strain on me.
I have one particular female friend however who has no such attraction, I can't describe to you the kind of peace it brings me.

I understand why some women yearn to more masculine, because I enjoy plenty of the perks of being male. I also understand why some men long to be female, because I can somewhat relate to that feeling. I feel that I was born Male to serve as a sort of example to those who need it, and to protect what I hold dear. I feel that my ability to do both is furthed by my gender, but I wouldn't mind a temporary switch of petspective.

To see the whole picture, one needs to have opposed views to get the best shot. The picture is much clearer when opposing views can harmonize.

My apologies for getting sentimental for a tad.

I applaud any brave traveler who can understand that mess ^there

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:39 am

What I love about being female :
I'm pretty emotional and boys who are emotional are generally not accepted. I don't need to look "cool", or whatever.
And I feel 100 % fine being female.
I like mooking at cute men sometimes... >:3

The greatest thing about being girl is the fact you can wear female clothes and men clothes without being looked as you are an idiot.
Men in dresses aren't really accepted.

Also, walking in the streets with friends is totally different when you're a girl. When you give your friend a hand for example, people will say nothing. If you give your friend a hand if you are a man, people will think you're gay.

What I hate :
Disrespect of men sometimes. Especially by men from other cultures or older men. Even when I go jogging in the park (or walking my dogs), some men try to "mimic" me or shout at me "Hey, I wanna go with you to the park !". Then I really wanna say ; go to Antwerp, there are prostitutes enough. (I even had some old guy who touched my face one day D: He was awful)

Sometimes I can be jealous on men, lol. Especially in summer when they go topless. You can't walk in the street with only a bikini, right ? xD

There also had been an investigation to see if women have good jobs, like men and the result was that women are still being discriminated and have often less promotions or don't get into the top while they have the same qualities like men. That's sad, but I hope the future will be better.

But in general I wouldn't like to exchange my sex,lol. Being female is good enough <3

Original signature art : Grypwolf on DA and Tatchit on DA
Pixel by BronzeHalo on DA
Just_Smile

View user profile http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 pm

@Zane, if you take a look at how most men are raised to act, you'll see why almost none of us are comfortable showing vulnerability. Hell, a pink iPod will get you called a "pole-smoking faggot" faster than a headshot in fucking Black ops. And with 90% of teenage males adopting the gangster lifestyle, it's even more dangerous to even suggest any kind of femininity at all. Thankfully, I know how to deal with retarded assholes like that, and any of them who have tried to pick a fight with me end up wishing they hadn't. My stepfather has taught me how to harm people in self defense, and through self taught lessons, I know how to remain calm in those situations. I've broken someone's nose and dislocated someone's shoulder.

Which brings up another point, picking fights is basically shouting that a person is insecure of how other people see them, they need to show off their toughness at all costs. Which also makes them want to "sound" tough, so they talk out of their ass a lot, and also put people down to assert dominance. It's really pathetic how temperamental they are, too, since if you insult them in any way, their pride is shot, and they have to deal out more harm.

And this aggression, which hits everybody, but affects a masculine lifestyle moreso, I feel, leads to a lot of stress and the need for release. Which is probably why a lot of teenage males play games like Call of Duty and other titles like that, because it feels good to let that stress out, and the ultimate stress release for these people is seeing someone else in pain. Games that include killing people are most popular for stressed customers, since it feels good to harm someone and be sadistic, it takes your mind off your own pain. Sadism, for any reason, is despicable to me, it is the ultimate low to take pleasure in someone else's uncomfortability. Even laughing at someone who is slightly embarrassed is absolutely shameful in my eyes. But, I'm a bit of an empath, I can feel stress and it affects me more than a punch to the gut.

Aggression and anger affect me just as much as stress, and seeing these teenage males get ecstasy from someone else in pain makes me want to no less than kill them. My stress empathy is what has made it so difficult to live under my stepfather's roof, he is very easily angered, even one misplaced item will get him frustrated, and that is enough to make me back into a corner with my arms subconciously protecting me. I can tell that he isn't a sadist in any way, and he would never hurt me or my family, but just his getting angry over something makes me feel like he shoved his hand through my chest and is crushing my heart and stomach.

Which brings me back to what Zane said. The main reason I basically rant or shut up entirely at your house is because I can feel the stress radiating off of everyone in your house. And you also remind me of Archie to a surprising degree, so it's extremely tough for me to feel totally at ease around you. Stress from someone else is enough to make me throw up, it's happened before, and it's tough to keep that from happening again in the world I was raised in.

I know I got way off topic, but I needed to let that out. I believe my life would have been easier were I not a man, hormones and expectations included, I still feel that it would be my heaven to be what I know I was meant to be. Raised to be something I'm not has made me into a cynical, misanthropic and totally uncaring asshole, and I hate myself among anyone else.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Well I'm sorry about passing on my stress. To be truthful, part of that stress comes from troubles I have. Here I was thinking I was the only one who knew, until you pointed out the "radiation" months ago. I've attempted to cut back a bit and ease myself a bit, but I'm something of a perpetual worry, and It steals hours of sleep from me. While somewhat unrelated at times, a fair degree of said unrest branches from my problems with gender division. I can't feel as close to anyone as I'd like to because the vicious cycle of worry is making unreachable. I'm gonna get better about holding down my problems, because the cruel ironic twist is: the more strength, vigor, and power (as it were) I obtain, the more helpless I feel at times.

I should probably save the rest of that issue for a seperate topic.

One thing I hadn't thought about till recently, a specific of appearance. I don't seem to have much decision power about my hair length.
I like my hair about the height of my head to barely before the shoulders and all anyone can say are snide remarks about poor grooming...

Kinda frustrating...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:49 pm

I'll take care of that.

The hair thing is probably because of the military's influence on your parents, I see Archie scoff every time I push my hair out of my face. Since all males in the military are basically required to keep their hair at a manageable length, which is pretty much no longer than an inch. Women are allowed to keep their hair long, but have to keep it tied up to ensure the hair doesn't interfere with their work. Which is a great idea, but the image tends to burn itself into the soldier/marine/sailor/airman's mind and it becomes an interest eventually, or moreover muscle memory to keep that hair short on anyone they have influence over.

Me, I prefer to have my hair long, but since I have uneven hair growth, I have to trim it often, but when I go to get it trimmed, I usually get the urge to chop it all off for reasons I couldn't tell you. :/ So, my hair has never made it past my shoulders, but I'll fix that problem as soon as possible.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Nah, they say so because I've gotta be presentable for the work force. I have to get a job, and that means more compromise... so much for freedom.

If there wasn't such a stigma of longer hair on men, this wouldn't be a problem.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 pm

It all depends on the job you're looking for, most work places for teenagers don't give two shits. As long as you manage it, you can get a job almost anywhere with long hair.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:50 pm

not a fan of long hair, but that's just me, I think it looks gay

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 pm

^Not gonna bother with that, Zack.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:05 am

Hmmm..; Sometimes I actually like long hair on men :3 (like a cameraman I saw once on a festival,lol) The only thing that sucks is when I see men with long hair, their hair looks often so neglected D:

Original signature art : Grypwolf on DA and Tatchit on DA
Pixel by BronzeHalo on DA
Just_Smile

View user profile http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 pm

You won't see me with that, I put a lot of attention into my hair, because it HUGELY affects the way I look, and untidy hair is just disrespectful.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:04 pm

If you don't keep longer hair well kept, it will give off the appearance that you didn't care enough to present yourself. I kept my hair pretty tidy and smooth, but I suppose It's already grown back quite a bit. I'd just rather there not be such "genderal" barriers behind it or questioning of sexual preference. Honestly, that's a tad short sighted of people.

I guess I never really had any troubles with clothes, mainly because I pick up what in front of me and wear it, but I see some people who are a tad strange walking in Capri pants and sandles that have more leg hair than me... I think it may be more of a statement at times than preference. I think that's a bit less thoughtless than hair length, but everyone has an opinion.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:34 pm

I think this thread is turining into an ad for garnier fructis lol

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:26 am

Naw, just angsting about no control of my hair length...
let's go ahead and move on

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 pm

And by move on, I see I meant drop to a standstill...
I got something new anyways, and I feel like talkin'.

I gotta say, for both men and women, there are plenty of societal pressures around. A lot of them are dumb, but many of them seem inescapable at times. Personally as a Guy, I don't feel very weighed down by those things, and it doesn't really affect how I go about my life, and I love that... but I suppose I'd be lying if I said it didn't stilt some my interpersonal interactions. Many guys out there have some ludicrous stigma about being to friendly towards other guys, or even some women. I'll never really understand why, but it's as if men think they're less manly, or less masculine if they're the slightest bit nicer to people than usual, and that kinda grinds my gears. I see a friend whose been away for a while and my absolute first reaction is to run up and embrace said friend, yet because of that lingering doubt and stigma, I merely smirk and wave. Drives me up a wall, but I don't really know of a way to unlearn that sort of conditioning...

But on the positive side of things, I enjoy the freedom of not putting my best foot forward everyday, and not suffering any sort of criticism. Women are constantly harassed by premature and uninformed judgments and indiscriminate assumptions. I get the feeling I'd be a ton less laid-back as a girl...

Not to say there aren't judgments leveled at guys too, but those don't bother me quite as much as what women gotta put up with.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 am

Likes of being a guy

i think sometimes certain hairstyles that i like fit better on a guy and have nice looking cloths or what not actually thats all i can think of for likes

Dislikes

u cant fool around with guys as in like friendly banta due to get called homosexual

u cant get emotionally attached 2 anime, films or pets because its not manly

ure expected to have musle and to be strong

(this probably goes for both genders)
but i think its not right for people 2 think the only place in the kitchen is for women and for women 2 think men aint good enough 2 be in the kitchen Razz
Nightmare

View user profile http://www.scythgamegroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 am

Expectations of gender are certainly one of the reasons I can't stand being a guy, but they fall flat when I realize that my real personality and fashion sense clash with my gender. And the expectations of my elders always remind me that I'm never going to have the chance to change them. Not once, but twice in my high school life, I was asked to go wash my face because I was wearing eyeliner. They didn't bother giving me a reason, nor did they comment when I brought up the fact that guys wearing makeup doesn't appear in the dress code, they just said I had no business wearing it. I could have brought their attention to freedom of speech, but if they wouldn't listen to the dress code issue, I knew they weren't going to let me get away with one coat of eyeliner.

That isn't even the worst of it. I wore a skirt to our school's Gay Straight Alliance club and was asked to take it off and wear jeans instead by the vice principal DURING THE MEETING. This especially upset me, because everyone of the LGBT is allowed to attend these meetings and open themselves to others that might understand. But since I am a guy and my elders have expectations of me, crossdressing simply isn't allowed at a school setting. It doesn't matter to them how little my appearance veered away from the norm, they wanted a double standard school setting: Guys are limited to jeans, T-shirts and letterman's jackets. Girls at our school were allowed to be openly lesbian in their appearance and lifestyle, but men in both appearance and lifestyle were strictly limited to the norm. It didn't truly upset me until I was asked to change my behavior at an LGBT club. That's the reason for the club, for people who were different to have somewhere to go when no one else would accept them.

If it were simply for my protection, then they shouldn't bother at a Gay Straight Alliance meeting. No one would judge me there, even if we're all a bunch of teenagers. I know how to handle judgment (I've been dealing with it since grade school without their input whatsoever), so they really shouldn't bother worrying about my protection at all. Besides, this is a school that if two people get into a fight, no matter who started it, they ignore the kids' stories and expel both of them. They want a totalitarian and conservative setting for this school. Not to say a liberal setting would be much better, but a more expressive setting for a school is what we need. Kids who can behave a little more freely, so we don't feel idolized. Hell, half the reason riots and fights broke out in school is because these kids wanted something to rebel against. They posted all of that on facebook, so I'm certain that's the reason why they acted like idiots.

So whatever order my school wanted, it obviously wasn't the correct path. It caused me to feel controlled and sheltered, and caused a bunch of fights and riots to build up and break out on my last year there. I'm just hoping not all the schools in our country were run like mine.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:37 pm

wow tbh i hate teachers and parents alike to control how we dress and look because its our body our property we do what the hell we like with it its like my mum constantly nagging me about cutting my hair but i prefer it long (it keeps my lovely head warm Smile) but anywayz the point im making is we should dress the hell we like if no 1 likes it they should deal with it and keep focused on their own apperance its also like every1 says i should like certain music i shouldnt watch anime coz im too old which for the record i am not since theres 18+ anime and that i should act more mature for my age but i prefer to be childish in some cases and have a laugh because thats how i prefer 2 pass my days by but no1 seems 2 understand that thats y people rebel and answer back to there elders
Nightmare

View user profile http://www.scythgamegroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:04 pm

As far as expectations, I'm obviously not female, and couldn't begin to understand what pressures and assorted morose they deal with, so my empathy will have to suffice. And on the Guys border, I'd like to get up on my soapbox and rant to the world about how men are forced to stand within acceptable terms of manliness without regards to what makes a man actually masculine, but as a guy, it'd defeat the purpose of all that jazz by bitching about it, (and that's never really been my style anyways) and I'd rather not refer to myself as a masculist because I'm honestly not...(I view women too highly to oppose them in such base fashion. And the limitations are our own fault mostly)

It'd be nice if I could remind general society that the key-defining trait of masculinity is confidence and composure regardless of circumstance. Rather than be enthralled by silly Machismo, wouldn't it be so much nicer to praise one for his level-headedness and calm reasoning ability?
That one's inner-acceptance is the pinnacle virtue of manhood rather than Socio-econmic status or muscularity...

But like I said, the complaint itself defeats my juxtaposition on the matter due to being too flustered by societal norms to be true to one's self...

One big circle jerk after another.

Last edited by Zane the pure on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:57 am

Archangel wrote:I think this thread is turining into an ad for garnier fructis lol

PPPFFFFFTTT!!!!!

The one thing that I admonish myself for being a male is that an erection could be the most inconvenient thing in the world. Why? When one has a shadow of a colossus residing in a clandestine manner in one's pants, then inconvenience will always be a matter at hand. All it takes is one good bondage girl, one panty shot, and up goes the mass erect! I deal with this in a daily basis. Of course I have one deterrent for such duress....

On a side note: Girls have it easy. Twat gets wet and that's about it. lol.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top