Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The new Mortal Kombat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The new Mortal Kombat

Post by Archangel on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:17 am

I know some of you remember the classic arcade style Mortal Kombat, and so many titles since then have been rubbish, but after watching some gameplay and reviews on this new game, I'm really excited, and I really want to get this game, kind of funny considering I don't really care for fighting games, but this one looks like the perfect re-evolution of mortal kombat. What do you guys think of the new game, and reflect on some of your memories of this series. My favorite fighter has always been Sub-Zero. Cliche, I know, but I have always liked him.

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The new Mortal Kombat

Post by Darkness Phoenix on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:58 pm

I remember that I played the 2nd one and maybe the 3rd and that was pretty much it caused I always preffered Street Fighter and Killer Instinct instead.

Last edited by Darkness Phoenix on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkness Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:42 am

It's a dying shame Killer Instinct died after Gold.

But I am much more of a Street Fighter fan. I stopped really enjoying mortal kombat when the first version of the third one came out. After that I lost interest. However I did get teh chance to play the new one last night at a friend's house; I must say it does tickle my fancy. lol.

My Confessions.
Erel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 am

I'm gonna get it when I get the money, flat out broke atm, killer instinct...refresh my memory, I vaguely remember it, but not much

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Darkness Phoenix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:20 pm

ahh, ok , good ol arcade days

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:56 pm

PLayed the new mortal kombat...

Rated M for mutilated.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:15 pm

More like rated F for fucking fantastic. Time for a badly organized overview.

I've been uninterested in the past installments of MK, namely Deadly Alliance and Armageddon, since the 3D style of fighting and the three fighting style for each and every fucking character was far too much to take in for one game.

Then I heard that MK was going back to the classic Arcade style of fighting and I was interested, but not really motivated to play it at first, even the gameplay vids did little to move me. But my family got it recently, and I can't get enough of it! It's just like the old games, except cleaner, flows much better and each of the character has a very brutal form of strategy, all of which pertain to my style of fighting.

My favorite character has always been Scorpion, Sub-Zero right behind, so naturally I played them first, and my first time playing it was at a friend's house, with a bunch of tournie players. The ones I fought probably took it easy on me, but I picked up on the game in just one match, and took out almost everyone in the room at least once. Arcade style is best when it comes to fighting games, at least for me, and this game does not disappoint.

Fatalities are all as brutal as it can get, Kabal and Kratos seem to have the most bloody, but all of them are enjoyable to watch. There are eight stages to do fatalities on now, and all of them are mostly hilarious, and others are just goddamn awesome.

For those who don't have the PS3 version, Kratos from God of War is the exclusive character and he is slow, but hits like a freight train, and his stage fatality in the Chamber of Fire has three versions of the fatality. It has a button prompt and depending on which button you press is what fatality will take place. to spoil things, the fatalities are all basically dropping them into a mechanism that completely mutilates the opponent. Either dropping them into a Clamp system, where they get crushed three times. Dropping them into a flamethrower where the only thing left is dust. Or, dropping them into a blade mechnism that slices them into bits as they fall into it.

That's all I'll spoil of the fatalities. Combos in this game are abusive down to a frustrating degree. Sub-Zero's are all extremely annoying if you're on the wrong side. Almost all of the combos in the game can be branched by the character's special moves, such as Sub-zero doing a punch combo, freezing them, then starting the process over again.

Now, for a personal view.

I will say right now, that Liu Kang and Sub-Zero are no doubt my best characters, since both of them have a counter technique, and both can cover range with little effort. Liu Kang is fantastic for covering ground, and being able to switch to a defensive style if the need arises. While Sub-Zero is a fantastic combo starter, with his freezing ability, his potential to destroy an enemy is limitless. Sub-Zero is probably the best character to use if you want to use an X-Ray technique with his freezing ability, as well.

Sadly, Scorpion is newb friendly, so his skills fall short if you try anything TOO advanced with him. Luckily, he can cover ground and catch an enemy off guard extremely well.

Last but not least, Noob Saibot. Broken for 'Noobs', but is left WIDE open in some of his attacks. Namely his Black Hole technique, it forces him to stand still and stretch his arms up, painting a giant target on his shirt. Black Hole doesn't even have much of a use, it drags your opponent right in front of you, but doesn't stun them AT ALL' you're still vulnerable to attack afterward.

K, I'm done, but this game is high on my fighting games list.

Many thanks to Just_Smile for this AWESOME Serah sig. Very Happy

Claire

View user profile http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top