FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
The PSP Remastered series EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
The PSP Remastered series EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
The PSP Remastered series EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
The PSP Remastered series EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
The PSP Remastered series EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
The PSP Remastered series EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
The PSP Remastered series EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
The PSP Remastered series EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
The PSP Remastered series EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The PSP Remastered series

+3
Erel
Darkness Phoenix
RYCloud92
7 posters

Go down

The PSP Remastered series Empty The PSP Remastered series

Post by RYCloud92 Sun May 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Confirmed by SONY of Japan and starting off in Japan the PS3 will have HD upgraded Blu Ray disc versions of selected PSP games. As well as enhanced graphics and adhoc mode (meaning online mode) you will also be able to transfer your PSP saves to their PS3 siblings and vice a versa. The first game to be announced is Monster Hunter 3. Whether the games will be sold at full price is unsure but I for one doubt it.

The full article from ign
"Sony today announced a PSP Remaster series of titles that will ship on Blu-ray discs for PlayStation 3 starting first in Japan.

The games will be "customized and developed" specifically for PS3 and include additional features such as Sixaxis support, new add-on content, and/or stereoscopic 3D support. Save files will be transferable back and forth between the original PSP game and the PS3 version. Ad-hoc mode gameplay will also be supported though the "adhoc party for PlayStation Portable" application on the PS3 system but not with every title. Sony notes the application is not supported on the 20GB model (CECHB00) which does not include Wi-Fi.
In Japan, the first PSP Remaster title will be Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. from Capcom. "The graphics of the PS3 version, including monsters, fields, equipment, as well as Felyne Comrades, are more gorgeous and vibrant than ever, and will deliver dynamic gameplay when played on the large TV screens," Sony said.

No other details, such as a North American or Europe release plans, were revealed at this time. The press release notes that PSP "blockbuster games" will be remastered, so the selection will likely be limited to top-selling titles only."

Video showing graphical differences (for the graphic whores)

So guys what are you're thoughts, Erel & Zack this was kinda what you where both hoping for in a sense (that is if Dissidia 012 is to be one of those titles). Also there is a chance titles like Peace Walker will be making this little jump too. I for one am rather joyed, if 012 and Crisis Core are released I will certainly think of buying them (although if they are full price games (£30/£40) then I will wait for them to lower)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

The PSP Remastered series Empty Re: The PSP Remastered series

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sun May 22, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm surprise that Sony is actually giving this another chance and I gotta say that if the PSP games I wanna get end up getting this treatment then my PSP is gonna keep on collecting dust.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun May 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Now that was freakin smart. That's exactly what I want. Sony now has to realize that certain exclusive games that they and their portable gaming system deserves the light they are suppose to have. My sense in this, RY? I just think it took them too damn long.

Now since Square did announce the fact that they lost money this year, will they be jumping on board with putting some of exclusives? Dissidia and Crisis Core alike?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon May 23, 2011 2:21 pm

seems like a step in the right direction
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon May 23, 2011 4:33 pm

I saw literally no difference in the graphics on the vid. So, what's the point?

If they reversed this, I would be interested, so I can play XIII at my own house.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Mon May 23, 2011 8:42 pm

^ I can see a small difference but I'm more interested in the bonus + exclusive content the PS3 versions will have and improved controls.

Last edited by Darkness Phoenix on Tue May 24, 2011 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon May 23, 2011 11:41 pm

nemo wrote:I saw literally no difference in the graphics on the vid. So, what's the point?

If they reversed this, I would be interested, so I can play XIII at my own house.

They won't. That would be a degrading step because psp won't be able to handle FFXIII. They would have to water down the game A LOT. You would have 15 UMD disks. That and it won't sell. Why buy it for a crappier version when you can have the better?

And the point is not about the graphics, like it was mentioned, better controls, multiplayer for those that apply, big screen and exclusives now finally on better gaming environment sure does have a drive for businesst doesn't it? lol. It was mine and Zack's argument for dissidia. looks like someone up there in the gaming industry *see* the bigger picture {and no pun intended}.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Tue May 24, 2011 2:21 am

It would be nice if the PS3 versions have trophies too for the trophy whores. (though no way in hell am I restarting 012 just for a few measly trophies).

I agree with Erel on the better controls thing though I think the controls of Dissidia are more or less perfect considering the console it is on. I'm mostly hoping Santa Monica ports the two God Of War prequel games to the consoles (and need a mention another brilliant series, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and Peace Walker)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am

yea, the MGS games seem to fit best with this move, maybe if they made them multiplatform to begin or at least on the ps3, they wouldn't have to do this years after the fact when ppl might not care as much, except for hardcore fans
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed May 25, 2011 8:42 am

Peace Walker would severly benefit from being put on the PS3 because it's controls for the PSP are AWFUL. You can't see shit and the camera controls are trying to kill you at all times.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed May 25, 2011 11:04 am

^ I played the demo and I couldn't agree more...but I gotta say that it's one of the best looking games on the PSP. Anyways it's official Peace Walker will be comimg to the PS3!

Last edited by Darkness Phoenix on Sat May 28, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed May 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Good news for me, I agree that the PSP is not fit for shooters like MGS. 3rd Birthday seemed to work better, but it's still not compatible.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed May 25, 2011 10:01 pm

^ It wouldn't be that bad for shooters if it had that 2nd analog stick.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu May 26, 2011 5:16 am

^All too true, but after you get used to using the D-Pad for camera control, you find it bloody hard to go back.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sat May 28, 2011 2:50 pm

The DS only has the D-pad and touch screen when it comes to shooters and it actually works once you get used to it! It's kinda weird that certain developers preffer a D-pad + touch screen rather than a D-pad +analog stick when it comes to portible shooter games.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Tue May 31, 2011 6:28 pm

If they did this for ALL PSP games, then hell yeah I'd be interested, I mean getting to play Phantasy star Portable 2............well I wonder what they would call it in that case, a PS3 isin't exactly portable, but anyway i think this feature is pretty neat.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:37 pm

I want Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Final Fantasy Type O (Agito) to get this treatment
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:12 pm

I think the biggest relaunches will be the shooters and possibly the action/adventure games like Ghost of Sparta and Dissidia. I can see Birth By Sleep getting relaunched because it's one of the most popular KH games in the series to date (WRY!?).

Some games, like any tactics games, should not be redone. There's no need for them to be rebooted, they're supurb on the PSP as is. Some platformers can benefit but they're not so bad on PSP. Daxter and Ratchet and Clank: Size Matter did fine on the PSP. And the God of War games only had one issue being you had to push the shoulder buttons to roll but it wasn't that much an issue. Dissidia would improve vastly if it was on PS3 because the camera for it on the PSP is god awful.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:55 pm

BbS is more popular than others? WTF?! I may like the system, but fuck all the characters.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I wouldn't call them complete relaunches as some functions will change (as mentioned adhoc can actually connect to the internet (from what I've heard)) and it's a win win for those with both (as you can send saves back and forth).

On the Birth By Sleep thing I don't prefer it but Aqua makes the game bareable.

RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm

UPDATE

As you know the Peace Walker port will be in the HD collection for the PS3. Another remastered series coming soon is the God Of War PSP games which will both be released as the "Origins" collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNOF8tnNKbc&feature=relmfu
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down