FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
The Final Fantasy Checklist EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Final Fantasy Checklist

+4
Erel
Darkness Phoenix
Claire
RYCloud92
8 posters

Go down

The Final Fantasy Checklist Empty The Final Fantasy Checklist

Post by RYCloud92 Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:23 pm

We all know the games and we all know theres a lot of them. So here just list those you have actually played and if you liked reasons why you haven't played the others.

Heres my list

Main Series
Final Fantasy - Playing (PSP version)
Final Fantasy II - Not played (no money for the PSP version yet)
Final Fantasy III - Not played (not really interested in it to be honest)
Final Fantasy IV - Not played (want to get the new PSP version)
Final Fantasy V - Owned but not played (playing FFVI)
Final Fantasy VI - Playing
Final Fantasy VII - Played (first one I played, got it on PS3, PS1 and PSP)
Final Fantasy VIII - Played (second one I played, got it on PS3, PS1 and PSP)
Final Fantasy IX - Played (you see where this is going, PS3, PS1 and PSP)
Final Fantasy X - Played
Final Fantasy XI - Not played (the fact it's an MMO put me off)
Final Fantasy XII - Not played (was going to get it but everyone said it sucked donkey balls)
Final Fantasy XIII - Played (PS3 version, it's alright but not worth a replay)

Compilations/Spin Offs
Before Crisis VII - Never played (I didn't have a decent enough mobile phone at the time)
Crisis Core VII - Played (it's alright)
After Years IV - Not played (didn't have the console)
X.2 - Played (meh, story was ok at times)
XIII.2 - Not out yet

Tactics Series - not played any (never been a tactics fan (sorry Cap)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

The Final Fantasy Checklist Empty Re: The Final Fantasy Checklist

Post by Claire Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Cool idea.

Final Fantasy: Played, yet never beaten Chaos. Awesome game, always great to play a true classic.
Final Fantasy II: Played for five minutes before getting kind of bored with the rigged battle system.
Final Fantasy III: Played, still working on beating it, though I'm not gonna get anywhere with the bosses I'm at. Two in a row without healing is fucking bullshit.
Final Fantasy IV: One of my favorites now. Cecil remains my favorite male character.
Final Fantasy V: Played it, but I didn't really get very far.
Final Fantasy VI: Played, not far at all.
Final Fantasy VII: Played, near the end of second disc, not my favorite, mostly cause of the out of the blue mini-games. How am I supposed to know what to do when Cloud is giving CPR to the girl, honestly?
Final Fantasy VIII: Not gonna play, hate Squall, and that's enough reason to never touch it. Not gonna put up with his dick attitude for 50 hours.
Final Fantasy IX: Absolutely love it, but it's so fucking difficult to last with the lack of defense increases with leveling up.
Final Fantasy X: Will always be my favorite of the series, everything is perfect in my opinion.
Final Fantasy XI: Never going to play, I fucking hate online games.
Final Fantasy XII: Beaten, not much of an impact left on me.
Final Fantasy XIII: I might beat it, the difficulty spike of this game is fucking ridiculous.
Final Fantasy XIV: Not gonna play for the same reason as XI.

Crisis Core: Played , beaten, loved every minute of it.
Before Crisis: Not gonna play if it isn't remade.
After Years: I'm seriously putting off playing this, I'm not big into sequels, especially given the utter failure of X-2
Dirge of Cerberus: Beaten, but lack of replay value will keep me from repeating it.
X-2: Ruined my favorite game, but a fucking awesome villain is the only thing I consider an upside to it.
XIII-2: Will NEVER play. XIII is good as it is so far, it doesn't need a fucking sequel, especially if I have to put up with that fucking dopetard Snow.
Tactics: Not my genre, tactics games are just too complicated/confusing for me.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Final Fantasy: I haven't played it
Final Fantasy II: I haven't played it
Final Fantasy III: I have played it but I haven't finished it mostly cause the lack of character development kinda ruined it for me. (DS)
Final Fantasy IV: I like it but...I couldn't care about whatever happened to Cecil so I haven't finished it. (DS)
Final Fantasy V: I owned it but I haven't played it (PS)
Final Fantasy VI: I owned it and got quite far but due to certain reasons...I'm waiting for the 3DS remake. (PS)
Final Fantasy VII: I liked it and enjoyed it a lot but I think that it''s a bit overrated. (PS)
Final Fantasy VIII: My favorite FF game of all time what else can I say? (PS)
Final Fantasy IX: My least favorite FF game l'll just leave it at that .(PS)
Final Fantasy X: It's what made me purchased a PS2 so yeah. (PS2)
Final Fantasy XI: I haven't played it and never will since it's an MMO
Final Fantasy XII: My 2nd favorite FF game of all times..l'll never be able to understand all the hatred it's gotten. (PS2)
Final Fantasy XIII: I liked it but I can see why others might not. (Xbox 360)

Compilations/Spin Offs
Before Crisis VII: I haven't played it.
Crisis Core VII: Worst FF game ever!!(PSP)
After Years IV: I haven't played it
X-2: I actually enjoyed it (PS2)
XIII-2: I will be getting it once it's out (Xbox 360)
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:50 am

FFI: Playin the iPhone version. Havne't got to beating it. oR playing it.
FFII: Never played it.
FFIII: Never played it.
FFIV: Haven't beaten it.
FFV: Fuck this game.
FFVI: Second favorite game. Beat it a few godamn times.
FFVII: I like FFVII. Blown out of proportions by fan boys and over rated, but still a good FF.
FFVIII: I got lost in this game. What the fuck is up the battle sequence and story?
FFIX: One of the best. Worst character designs
FFX: My favorite.
FFXI: Never played it. NEver will.
FFXII: While I hate most things about this game, some parts were interesting like the story.
FFXIII: I like this game a lot. Third favorite of the series.

Spins:

Crisis: Fuck this game.
Dirge: Eh... Vincent's cool. Useless game though.
After years: Haven't played it.
X-2: One of my favorites as well. If you're a FFX fan and didn't like this, it's probably cause you were to busy missing Tidus' open shirt man boobs and was hoping that it'll have a some sort of sex scene between Khimari and Wakka. Obviously it disappointed some. Other wise it's utter girl power and bikini clad thieves. Fun as hell, it's the only PS2 game that still remains plugged in my Ps3 these days.
XIII-2: I'll get it. Wonder if Serah will have a dressphere going on? lol.
FF tactics: One of the most serious stories of FF. Totally different, but I've spent MANY hours on this game on enjoying the story alone. The other FF tactics don't compare at all
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:03 am

.. Okay, I haven't played a lot of them O_o

Final Fantasy: Never played
Final Fantasy II: Never played
Final Fantasy III: never played
Final Fantasy IV: never played
Final Fantasy V: Never played
Final Fantasy VI :never played
Final Fantasy VII: OMG yeah ! I did play this one xD I love the game, even though I can't defeat Omega Weapon at the moment >>
Final Fantasy VIII: I am playing this too, and I like it so far. It isn't one of my favourites, but it's okay
Final Fantasy IX: I LOVE this one ! But I can't beat the last bosses ^^' This is one of my favourites
Final Fantasy X: I just love it <3
Final Fantasy XI: No way I'm gonna play this if you need to pay every month D:
Final Fantasy XII: I loved this one too <3 Vaan sucks, but the rest is fine and I adore the style.
Final Fantasy XIII: Again an awesome game
Final Fantasy XIV: Same reason as Xi >>

Crisis Core: This is also one of my favourites. A great story and an awesome main character Smile
Before Crisis: Uhhhh... What's this ?
After Years: Never heard of it O_o
Dirge of Cerberus: I have beaten this and I really enjoyed it ^^
X-2: I loved this, but I don't think I'll replay it
XIII-2: It hasn't come out yet, but I will try it when it does !
Tactics: I don't have a DS xD And I don't think it's really interesting for me..
Dissidia : Played it and I enjoyed it Very Happy
Dissidia 2 : same as above
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 am

Final Fantasy - Enjoyable, a good old school RPG. All fans of FF are required to play this because it's how the series started. (GBA)
Final Fantasy II - The worst I've ever played. Terrible Characters and a not interesting story tied into an awful battle system. (GBA)
Final Fantasy III - Boring story, boring characters, bad job system. Just not good. It's not terrible but it's not amazing. One of the only 2 FF's I've played and never completed. (DS)
Final Fantasy IV - A fun title and where the ATB gauge first arrived. Cecil is a boring character in my mind but the rest of the cast is colorful and Golbez is one of the coolest designed villains in the series. A fun and well written game. (PSX/SNES, GBA, DS, PSP)
Final Fantasy V - At first, it wasn't that fun. After playing the PSX/SNES version and seeing the original script, I really fell in love with it. The job system is fun, the characters are hammy and goofy and the main story isn't too bad. Exdeath is just a terrible fucking villain lol (TURTLE). I like the story and best of all, GILGAMESH. In my top 5 FF's to date. (PSX/SNES, GBA)
Final Fantasy VI - I adore this title. It's main story isn't that great but what makes this game so good is the characters! There are so many characters and they're all just so fun. There's no two similar characters and each of them has their own specialties in battle. Then given the option to have them learn whatever magic you please is a plus. Good game, second favorite to date. (PSX/SNES, GBA)
Final Fantasy VII - Third favorite in the series. Although the characters are a little bland in my mind except a few members, what makes this game amazing is the story. The main story is orgasmic and the twists and turns the story has catch you completely off guard. The materia system was interesting and made experimenting with characters very fun. Trying to level up the limit system was terrible though.(PSX)
Final Fantasy VIII - The first FF I ever played. I'm okay with this game now. The main story is fucking retarded. It took me 3 playthroughs just to finally fucking understand it. The junction system to this date is the worst battle system by far. It's just needlessly complicated. What's good about this game is the characters and the character development. The characters feel alive and they're really well constructed. I don't "hatehateHATE" it anymore but I still don't like it. (PSX)
Final Fantasy IX - This is my all time favorite game. The second FF I ever played. Everything about this game is just good. The story was fun and lively, the characters were charming, the world was vast and the score was out of this world. The only complaints I have are the end game when the final moments of the game were really rushed and I thought the trip to Terra was kinda stupid too. Then lets not forget Necron, the most bullshit final boss next to Cloud of Darkness and Zeromus. (PSX, PSP)
Final Fantasy X - Third FF to ever play. Eh, I've gotten mixed feelings for this game in the past few years. I really love the world and the characters are fun but the story is STUPID. I mean, it's not complicated at all. It's just so fucking stupid. "Hi, My name's Tidus and I'm a time traveler who likes to play Drown Ball! I'm a hologram created by dead people for lulz and my dad is a giant floating space whale of death!". The battle system was a new start but it made the game way too easy and I had a problem with the sphere grid when I first played it. I do like the characters for the most part but the character design for them is RETARDED and the voice work is awful.
Final Fantasy XI - Never gonna play. I'm not a fan of MMO's but I heard it's not that bad as far as MMO's go.
Final Fantasy XII - It's got a great art style and a really great leveling system but it's story is fucking boring and uninteresting, it's characters are lifeless and unimportant for the most part and the musical score is shitty. My biggest complaint was the sound quality for voices and SFX because in normal cutscense the quality was awful. Everything was fucking muffled and I could hardly understand a word that anyone said without subtitles. Overall it's just a bad game. The good thing was the Hunts were a lot of fun and some of the other side quests drew you into the game. But the main story sucked ass.
Final Fantasy XIII - I don't understand people who really like this game. It's so shitty. I couldn't even get passed about 3 hours of playing. The battle system made it seem like I can really cause these cool flips and shit by pressing different buttons but all you do is press X when the ATB gauge fills up. IT'S THE SAME FUCKING BATTLE SYSTEM. The whole game doesn't explain shit about the world and the player has to read the stupid fucking field guides to understand it and even those suck at explaining shit. And the characters are waaaaay too mopey. Literally the game tries to make you feel sorry for these characters and you want to throw up because of the amount of mushy garbage they throw in your face. I don't like this game and I will never continue it.

Before Crisis VII - No, never.
Crisis Core VII - Fun battle system, AWFUL FUCKING STORY. Way to ruin a great story Square for your stupid fucking new throwaway characters. Genesis is a faggot, I fucking hate him. Cissnie should have never been put in the game. Hollander and Lazard are useless too. The only new character with some importance to Zack is Angeal but he's a shitty character.
Dirge of Cerberus VII- RAGE! This game is fucking awful. Vincent is a boring, lifeless, mopey, dumb, faggot character and to make the game circle around him was moronic. The gameplay was awful, the story was awful, the throwaway characters took all the spotlight from the MAIN CHARACTER. This was a disaster and I could not believe I waited until it's release date to get this game. Never in your life play this game. Ever.
After Years IV - This is actually really fun. To see how some of the characters evolved through time is really great and to finally play as Golbez is awesome. The episodic gameplay is a little stupid and the difficulty spike at game's end is frustrating but the whole game is a walk through memory lane and the evolution of some of the characters is really well done. I reccomend playing this. Play the PSP version compared to the Wii version. You don't need to pay for each episode and the sprite work, music and translation are 10 times better. (PSP)
X.2 - Another fucking stupid game. X had, in my mind, the worst female characters in FF history. None of them are that impacting to the player. Then the inclusion of Diet Lulu was dumb. Didn't like the battle system mechanics and the story was fucking stupid. Couldn't get passed a few hours.
XIII.2 - Fuck no. Why?
Dissidia 012- A vast improvement to the original. No need to talk of the first game because this one has the first game in it. Dissidia is good for whenever you feel like beating the shit out of characters you hate and the new characters added were a good addition. DLC stuff is cool, some of the remixes are good and some of the characters are really fun to play as. My biggest complaint is the story mode and how they ruined several good characters and the voice acting is mostly awful. It's a fun and different fighting game however but I don't feel like playing this game for hours and hours at a time except when I was fighting fucking Feral Chaos. The biggest complaint from me is the camera in several stages like Pandemonium, the Magitek Factory and Phantom Train because you get shoved into these corners and can't FUCKING SEE SHIT! I finally get to beat the hell out of Tidus and Cloud with Gilgamesh and Kain so that's a plus too.

Tactics (PSX)- FUCK YEAH! This game is AWESOME!!! Holy crap! I take back everything I said about this game in the past because this is just such a good game! The combat is tough but not tough enough to make you stop playing and the main character Ramza is probably one of my favorite leads in a Final Fanatasy game. The story is just so well done and the leveling for characters and jobs is easy and fun. I adore this game and rank it as my 4th favorite Final Fantasy and that everyone should give this game a shot. This is probably the darkest FF ever created just as a heads up to new players. (PSX, trying to find the War of the Lions version).
Tactics Advance (GBA)- This was the first FFTactics I ever played and I just did not like it. I did not enjoy anything about it. The story was kinda dumb and I didn't like the leveling. It was pretty different compared to the PSX game. Didn't enjoy it.
Grimore of the Rift (DS)- Considered getting because I heard it was actually really fun but it seems like it's just like tactics advance.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:16 am

Before I start, I just wanna say how much I love reading everyone's different views on each game, they really crack me up, especially cap's. Just too funny

Final Fantasy--beaten. Good to play the original, but I'll probably never play it again, lets just say that.

Final Fantasy II--not played

Final Fantasy III--not played

Final Fantasy IV--not played, but would like too

Final Fantasy V--beaten. It's ok, not terrible, just not very interesting imo

Final Fantasy VI--beaten. Great game, some great characters, and only a few that suck (Gau, that stupid yeti, and whatever the dumb mimes name was) the story was unique and interesting, and I just enjoyed it a lot.

Final Fantasy VII--I know I get a lot of heat on this one, but I'm really the only one here who is totally in support of the praise that ff7 gets. I guess you can call me a fanboy of this game, but maybe it's bc it was the first one I played, it got me hooked into the series, and it just has that special spot with me. I loved the story, characters, side quests, almost everything. Hard to beat

Final Fantasy VIII--beaten. I just didn't like the emo tones in this game, totally turned me off to it, and Squall was just too bitchy

Final Fantasy IX--beaten. Awesome game, second fave, great characters, and probably the best story in a ff game to date imo. It just had it's own unique feel and style to it as well.

Final Fantasy X--beaten. I have mixed feelings about this game. The story was alright (confusing at times) and I liked different aspects of the game including the music, but the characters were garbage besides Auron, and I can't stand Tidus.

Final Fantasy XI--played. This was actually fun for the three months or so that I played it. Then they wanted me to pay 14 bucks a month. No thank you.

Final Fantasy XII--beaten. I actually really liked this title, and it gets a lot of hate. I see why some ppl don't like it, but I liked how different the battle system was, and some of the characters were great, I just think that gets overshadowed by how bad Vaan was. The story was good as well. Hunts were ok

Final Fantasy XIII--beaten. I enjoy this game for the most part, but have mixed feelings, a lot like FF10. I like parts of the new system, some characters were good, but negatives include the linear path of the world, the story is confusing, some characters should go eat shit, and some parts of the battle system are frustrating. It's a good game, it just needed some tweaking.

Crisis Core--awesome, loved the game, the reason i bought a psp.
Dirge of Cerberus--I actually enjoyed it. Not amazing, but enjoyable.
Before Crisis--haven't played
X.2--didn't care for
Tactics--would like to play sometime, just haven't
Dissidia--meh, it's ok but it gets old
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Gonna reiterate my selections, I didn't put any details into most them.

Final Fantasy: I believe this game is truly at the top of my Originals list, simply because Square put a lot of effort and quality into it as their last ditch effort to make some money. It was supposed to be their last time before they went out of business, but the fans absolutely loved it and then the great FF legacy was born. Characters are all your choice, and any of them can beat the game, but depending on the class, you may have to put extra effort into it. Music is around the top of my favorites of the NES games, with Castlevania right behind. Story gets a lot of shit, I feel, probably because the character's have almost no back story to them, so the developers basically had to write around them, and ignore the main cast completely, in fact, Lukahn got more focus then the four heroes. Garland got VERY little focus, but still left an impact on me, at least, I would have appreciated to know what he was like before he became Chaos' bitch, though.

Final Fantasy III: Like most NES games, the difficulty in this game was top of the line, you had to make sure you leveled EVERYTHING up and make the right decisions in each and every battle. Story was just as lacking as the first FF, seeing as in the original, the four heroes were, again, nameless, though in the remake, they got more of a story, or lack thereof. Music wasn't really my favorite, it was all monotone and kind of bland for the most part. Villain still gets very little focus, but moreso than Garland ever had. Cloud of Darkness is reference throughout the entire game, which can make you feel as if she's creeping over your shoulder, but still no explanation as to what the villain did beforehand. Although, it explains what her true intent is, and you know why she does what she does, unlike Garland.

Final Fantasy IV: The first FF that included more than four characters to play, and only five are really useful at the end of the game. I've never played II, but I really feel that this is the first game to really focus on the main characters, even though some of them you could give two shits about. Cecil has more conflict than probably half of the heroes, I feel, not knowing who you really serve can really make one go insane, but Cecil handled it like a true knight, to be corny. Music is excellent, though with the gratuitous amount of grinding you have to do in this game, it gets repetitive and with enough exposure to it, lifeless. Story is very gripping, compared to most FFs, imo, excluding Cecil's involvement, even. It mostly focuses on betrayal more than anything else, and that itself is enough to make me pay attention to the struggle between two best friends and two brothers. I'm a firm believer that Zemus shouldn't have even been mentioned after playing this all the way through, in fact, he isn't even mentioned until the last couple hours of the game. However, it's nice to know that Golbez was not being himself, and he was ignorant of Cecil even being his brother, which made him extremely ruthless, and still was after he found out. I wholly recommend playing this game, especially the PSP version, as it's the cleanest and best remixed version of any game I've ever played.

Final Fantasy VII: Definitely up there with the most compelling stories of most of the games I've played, it's a complete mindfuck, including the most fucked-up villain to show his face in the FF world. That being said, most of the development falls short to make this game truly playable for people who wanted to experience the story more than they did the actual gameplay. But, that is probably why this game is so highly revered as the greatest game in history, with the compelling story and gameplay that'll keep you glued for quite some time. I still believe this game fails to be the greatest FF, let alone the greatest game in history. My main complaint as I pointed out earlier is the random points in the story that require you to participate in the most awkward and difficult ways possible. Music matches the story very well, and remains to be my favorite track of the series, and possibly Uematsu's best work, though a couple of the songs did very poorly to match the intensity or lack thereof in the situation that took place. Characters were few and far between in terms of popularity, imo. Cid and Red XIII were the only ones I really liked just because of their personalities, while Tifa and Cloud were the most important to the story, I didn't like their personalities or character design. The villain, Sephiroth, is about my 3rd favorite, since he is Misanthropic, a total nutjob, and not a bad character design. His backstory is absolutely fucked-up and very compelling, and in some cases, makes you feel sorry for him. It takes a pretty sensitive person to really understand Sephiroth and why he does what he does, though I don't agree with his methods, nor his goal, I can understand his mindset and how prior events led him to this position. A very good game, but doesn't deserve the center of the spotlight.

Final Fantasy IX: Near perfect, in my opinion. The story's main focus, I believe, is betraying destiny, not always doing what others prescribed for you to do. The characters all rebel in some way, and all are very likable, both in terms of personality and character design, awkward as it is. Music is my second favorite of the series, it is appropriate in every scene, but not always compelling in certain situations. Villain is pretty despicable, playing the part of the child who did not receive attention by those who made him, and boasting a narcissistic deity complex makes him very unlikable. I imagine Kuja as the male counterpart of Rachel Alucard of BlazBlue, always talking smack, but always has the bite to back up his bark, a personality I find most hateful. The landscape is absolutely engaging in every place you visit, and has a very gripping feel to it, it makes you demand to see more of the world and you're never disappointed when you do see it. Terrific game, all in all.

Final Fantasy X: Looking back on this game, the voice acting is indeed, pathetic and not very believable in too many situations. However, the feel of the landscape, backed up with the way the story is set up and the wonderful musical track mixed in one pot, makes a truly beautiful game. The main cast needed a lot less attention, since by the end of the game, you know EVERYTHING about them, and almost nothing about the villains. Villains have little to no focus, and by the end, you're stuck wondering why the hell you're fighting this boss and how in any way it connects to the threats present to the main characters. Music is right at my 3rd favorite of the FF series, with a lot of the tracks being moving and emotional, a lot of it is tense as hell, and sometimes extremely annoying. The story is my favorite of the whole series, and I would rather skip the gameplay and listen to the story and still be moved over and over. My favorite and always will be.

Final Fantasy XII: With the lack of character quality and even an interesting story, this game falls flat on its face in my opinion. The subcharacters were a lot more interesting than the main cast by a mile, they received more than half the story and were on screen for much less time than the main characters, villains included, which is very sad and poor writing altogether. The villains were still much more compelling than the heroes, Gabranth being the main focus of the villains, and the main villain actually being fucking EXPLAINED for once in a long time. Music is altogether lifeless and not intriguing at all, and sometimes completely innappropriate for the scene taking place. I appreciate Square taking a different route than usual with the setting of the FF world, but they failed pretty horribly with this game. The only redeeming quality I found to this game is the landscape design, it was all very pleasing to look at and explore everywhere I went, but it isn't enough to make me really care about the "story" at all. Poor game, but it isn't the worst game in the world, Viva Pinata beats it for that title.

Final Fantasy XIII: I really like the general feel of this game, from the music to the character and landscape design. But the characters are extremely split in terms of likability or even development. Lightning had Vaan Syndrome and would randomly develop at the strangest times, sometimes never making sense or even a reference to why she suddenly developed at that point in time, which is basically all the characters in a nutshell, but she is the worst. Snow has no point being in this game, in fact, he's directly in the way with Lightning. I can imagine the game still playing out in the same tune without these two. The music is great, but has one fatal flaw, it remixes the same fucking theme over and over and that kind of unoriginality will kill the quality no matter how good the remix is. The villain is once again left without a spotlight, and the final boss has very little explanation as to what the fuck he's doing there. Great feel to the game, but lack of interest for the characters makes this a pain to make it through.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:16 pm

I understood all of that looking from your POV Nemo except for X's Villians. Yu Yevon aside, Seymour who is seen as the main antagonist has a great back story I feel. He was born half guado and half human and was therefore despised for being half caste, his Mother wished to sacrifice her life in the hope that he could use her to destory Sin and be loved by both species he decided against this from a young age and was therefore locked inside a temple by his Father with only his mother (in fayth form) for company. All that time alone he spent devising a way to get his own back on the species that he had felt robbed him from everything since birth and at the mean time developing a god-ego mind set.

At least thats how I remember it, it's been years since I've played X so my memories slightly hazey, but from the side stuff and the main story itself I'm sure that was Seymour's backstory in a nutshell.

Yu Yevon though, well I think his backstory was only revealed in one of those books (just finished work, really tired so I can't remember the name. (they sell them in Japan and have all the story details and background stuff on the Final Fantasy games)) but it turned out that he was the leader of Zanarkand and during their war with Bevelle he devised away of making sure that no one in Bevelle would surivive the war whilst protecting his homeland forever. Then it becomes a long story of virtual reality within giant whale tank who is being controlled by man who created it's soul who eventually becomes to much of a mindless machine over the thousands of years to understand what he is doing other than "protect (Virtual) Zanarkand".

Again tired so I'm pretty sure I'm talking out of my arse with the Yu Yevon bit.

X's a bit of a tricky one, Yu Yevon is the main threat but is treated as a cutscene boss (can't not beat him), Jecht is a good guy but is actually the real final boss of the game and Seymour is the main antagonist but isn't the last boss you fight nor the cutscene boss.

Last edited by RYCloud92 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:48 pm

LOL! This freaking checklist turned into a pro and con once again so I'll start a new thread I've been wanting to do. Check ya later, mates!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 pm

nemo wrote:The music is great, but has one fatal flaw, it remixes the same fucking theme over and over and that kind of unoriginality will kill the quality no matter how good the remix is.

Just to say, that's what every single FF has done since FFI was created. There was a main theme created for the game and it was integrated into nearly every single song. I-XIV has done it, it's nothing really new. But I agree that the music for XIII was just not that great.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 pm

I only noticed it in XIII and X, it annoyed me how much they repeated the same theme over and over. Even the Chocobo theme in XIII sounds just like the opening theme.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:11 am

Final Fantasy I - Played/Own (Origins) - Not a fan tbh, I like RPGs for characters and stories and it lacks both.
Final Fantasy II - Played/Own (Origins) - Earliest FF that I enjoy. Leveling system is interesting.
Final Fantasy III - Own/Not Played (DS) - No opinion, haven't played yet.
Final Fantasy IV - Played/Own (Anthology/DS) - One of my favourite FF's. Great story and characters.
Final Fantasy V - Played/Own (Anthology) - Not a big fan tbh, feel it took a step backwards after IV.
Final Fantasy VI - Played/Own (PSX) - Best FF, great story, great characters, the true sequel to IV for me.
Final Fantasy VII - Played/Own - Lives up to the hype it got, great game.
Final Fantasy VIII - Played/Own - Was my favorite until I played VI, remains my second fav.
Final Fantasy IX - Played/Own - 3rd favourite.
Final Fantasy X - Played/Own - Last of the great FF titles.
Final Fantasy XI - Played/Own - Never really played much of it, my best friend was addicted, bought it for me.
Final Fantasy XII - Played/Own - Taken as a J-RPG it's decent, but as an FF title, seems to pale in comparison.
Final Fantasy XIII - Played/Own - Such a disappointment, so linear, worth a playthrough but nothing more.

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus - Own/Not Played - No opinion.
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - Don't Own/Played - Enjoyed what I played, nice idea.
Final Fantasy X-2 - Played/Own - Charlie's Angels Very Happy Decent game but nothing special.
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - Played/Own - Unique to say the least.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Played/Own - Improvement on XIII but not quite back to the heights of even XII.

Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light - Own/Not Played - No opinion.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Played/Don't Own - Played it for a short period, doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy title tbh.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Played/Don't Own - Great game, one of the best Tactical J-RPGs I've played.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Played/Don't Own - Not as good as the original Tactics but a great game all the same.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance II - Played/Own - Good game but not as good as the first one.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Played/Own - Fun game but don't really think of it as Final Fantasy.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fate - Own/Not Played - No opinion.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - Own/Played (DS) - very much the same as the first one.

So yeah mobile and Wiiware titles aside, only five titles I haven't played or at least own: Dissidia, Dissidia 012, FF XIV, Theatrhythm and The Crystal Bearers.

Will probably buy a GBA with Tactics Advance and a PSP with Crisis Core, Tactics and Dissidia 012 soon. Also Theatrythm and The Crystal Bearers too. Would like to own as many as possible.
Hanpan
Hanpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Gotta update my list.

Final Fantasy - Played/Never owned - The best RPG on the NES, imo. Considering it's a last ditch effort from Square, they put everything they could into it, and I loved every second of it.
Final Fantasy II - Played/Own - Excellent story, terrific villain, failure as a battle system.
Final Fantasy III - Played/Own - Feels like playing the first game, except MUCH harder. Story was good, but kind of a crowbar villain.
Final Fantasy IV - Played/Own - Second favorite game ever made. Enticing story, terrific characters, and began the traditional ATB system. Villain felt a little shoved in, but I enjoyed it all the same. Definitely a game worth multiple playthroughs.
Final Fantasy V - Played/Own - Not my favorite, but it was worth playing.
Final Fantasy VI - Played/Own - Don't know what it is about this game, but it kind of falls under the Mass Effect syndrome for me. As in, it fails to really keep my attention for longer than an hour or so at a time. I hold it in higher respect than Mass Effect, but something about it just turns me off to it.
Final Fantasy VII - Played/Own - One of the highest in my favorite games list, even though I hadn't played it before any of the spinoffs. I can see why this game got the hype it got, though admittedly it has flaws aplenty. Even with its flaws, it has a charm that keeps bringing me back to it. Not to mention, it contains my favorite sound track of any game ever made.
Final Fantasy VIII - Played/Own - Didn't really enjoy this one. I got no further than the first boss, since I had no idea how Junctions functioned at the time, and was level 25 already. I might bring myself to try again after I get all these new games out of the way, but if Squall is even an inkling to the way he was in Dissidia, then I have to say my motivation is incredibly low.
Final Fantasy IX - Played/Own - An excellent game. This game truly encompasses how Final Fantasy feels to me. Epic landscape, beautiful story, and universal character design. I wouldn't call it a favorite, but it's a terrific experience to go through.
Final Fantasy X - Played/Owned several copies - My favorite game ever made. I'm aware of the many flaws this game has, but much like VII, the flaws are what I find charming. FFX has everything I look for in a video game and story experience. I play it AT LEAST once a year, or I feel empty. I even speedran this game in about 20 hours (give or take, can't really remember). It's a game I can play anytime and feel nothing but relaxation and happiness. It doesn't even feel like a game anymore, and I can ramble on for hours about how much I love it. Can't wait for HD.
Final Fantasy XI - Never played/Never owned.
Final Fantasy XII - Played/Own - Much like IX, this game encompasses Final Fantasy as a whole, imo. The only flaws about it that really bug me are Vaan...everything about Vaan, and the lack of real character development. The game felt pretty empty near the end, but made up for it with a pretty heartfelt and dare I say bittersweet ending. Battle system gets a little too much abuse, imo. I used to hate it, but once I got the hang of it and started going after really challenging bosses, it kept my eyes peeled to the screen looking for the slightest change in the flow of battle. All around, an enjoyable game, and something I'd play through again.
Final Fantasy XIII - Played/Own - I simply cannot place this game anywhere near my favorites list because of two fatal flaws. One is the difficulty. Did Square REALLY need to amp the difficulty up so high that it locked me in a spot that only 50 hours of farming can get me out of? Why does every enemy I run into have to feel like a boss fight, for a measly 2,000 CP? And why the FUCK is the level cap system in place? Did Square really think it was possible to get too strong in this game? The level cap stops at the point where you can just BARELY beat the next boss and then sends you right back into grinding for 5 hours. I enjoyed the battle system, and how fast paced and tense it was, but not for every single enemy. If you're going to make me grind for five hours to only barely get strong enough to beat the next boss, then dumb down the difficulty for the grinding I have to do just a little bit, please? Anyway, the next flaw is Vanille and Lightning. Vanille for her ever-changing accent, and Lightning for just being Lightning. I hate hero characters that are just complete dicks/bitches to everyone they meet. It causes me to immediately lose interest in the character and I associate them with villains, therefore, I want them dead. Square seems to have a hard on for this, so me complaining serves no purpose, but it really bugs the hell out of me to have to deal with the main character being a complete douchebag. This rant turned out longer than expected, but a game that caused me to rage quit on Gran Pulse, which is pretty close to the final boss can make someone pretty angry.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Played/Shamefully Own - My least favorite FF in existence, even lower than XIII. It took my favorite game and painted it with fanservice (another pet peeve of mine) and lapped a laughable story to it. I understand that the first one had a subpar story, but it was a story I enjoyed, and it was taken seriously. X-2 wasn't taken seriously whatsoever, and it pisses me off to no end. It was a game that I gladly turned away from right after seeing the credits roll. On more than one occasion, I considered lighting the disc on fire, but I have people that keep asking me to borrow it, cause it's apparently a rare game around here. The battle system is the only redeeming feature in that game for me. If I could wear a blindfold and earmuffs when playing it, I would really enjoy it, but everything else about it is retarded and perverted, and it is simply everything I avoid when it comes to video games and everything media in general. I could talk for hours about how much I love X, and I could rant for hours about how much I despise X-2.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Played/Own - I actually enjoyed this one because it had everything XIII had, but it did it according to what I like. It had more rewards for beating enemies on Normal difficulty, and the option for an Easy mode (less rewards, but at least the option was available).Not to mention, Lightning isn't a waste of screentime in this one. Very Happy I actually enjoyed everything this game had to offer, even though some of it was pretty silly, and cliche. I even went so far as to obtain the Platinum Trophy for it, and still played it for several hours. Have to say that no matter what difficulty you're on, the DLC bosses are no joke. Especially Gilgamesh. -_- Only one I haven't beaten, or gotten a crystal from.

Finish the others later. I've played a lot of the spinoff games, but none of the tactics games, cause I'm not a tactics fan, but anyway, I'll finish this later.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:19 pm

nemo wrote:Gotta update my list.

Final Fantasy - Played/Never owned - The best RPG on the NES, imo. Considering it's a last ditch effort from Square, they put everything they could into it, and I loved every second of it.
Final Fantasy II - Played/Own - Excellent story, terrific villain, failure as a battle system.
Final Fantasy III - Played/Own - Feels like playing the first game, except MUCH harder. Story was good, but kind of a crowbar villain.
Final Fantasy IV - Played/Own - Second favorite game ever made. Enticing story, terrific characters, and began the traditional ATB system. Villain felt a little shoved in, but I enjoyed it all the same. Definitely a game worth multiple playthroughs.
Final Fantasy V - Played/Own - Not my favorite, but it was worth playing.
Final Fantasy VI - Played/Own - Don't know what it is about this game, but it kind of falls under the Mass Effect syndrome for me. As in, it fails to really keep my attention for longer than an hour or so at a time. I hold it in higher respect than Mass Effect, but something about it just turns me off to it.
Final Fantasy VII - Played/Own - One of the highest in my favorite games list, even though I hadn't played it before any of the spinoffs. I can see why this game got the hype it got, though admittedly it has flaws aplenty. Even with its flaws, it has a charm that keeps bringing me back to it. Not to mention, it contains my favorite sound track of any game ever made.
Final Fantasy VIII - Played/Own - Didn't really enjoy this one. I got no further than the first boss, since I had no idea how Junctions functioned at the time, and was level 25 already. I might bring myself to try again after I get all these new games out of the way, but if Squall is even an inkling to the way he was in Dissidia, then I have to say my motivation is incredibly low.
Final Fantasy IX - Played/Own - An excellent game. This game truly encompasses how Final Fantasy feels to me. Epic landscape, beautiful story, and universal character design. I wouldn't call it a favorite, but it's a terrific experience to go through.
Final Fantasy X - Played/Owned several copies - My favorite game ever made. I'm aware of the many flaws this game has, but much like VII, the flaws are what I find charming. FFX has everything I look for in a video game and story experience. I play it AT LEAST once a year, or I feel empty. I even speedran this game in about 20 hours (give or take, can't really remember). It's a game I can play anytime and feel nothing but relaxation and happiness. It doesn't even feel like a game anymore, and I can ramble on for hours about how much I love it. Can't wait for HD.
Final Fantasy XI - Never played/Never owned.
Final Fantasy XII - Played/Own - Much like IX, this game encompasses Final Fantasy as a whole, imo. The only flaws about it that really bug me are Vaan...everything about Vaan, and the lack of real character development. The game felt pretty empty near the end, but made up for it with a pretty heartfelt and dare I say bittersweet ending. Battle system gets a little too much abuse, imo. I used to hate it, but once I got the hang of it and started going after really challenging bosses, it kept my eyes peeled to the screen looking for the slightest change in the flow of battle. All around, an enjoyable game, and something I'd play through again.
Final Fantasy XIII - Played/Own - I simply cannot place this game anywhere near my favorites list because of two fatal flaws. One is the difficulty. Did Square REALLY need to amp the difficulty up so high that it locked me in a spot that only 50 hours of farming can get me out of? Why does every enemy I run into have to feel like a boss fight, for a measly 2,000 CP? And why the FUCK is the level cap system in place? Did Square really think it was possible to get too strong in this game? The level cap stops at the point where you can just BARELY beat the next boss and then sends you right back into grinding for 5 hours. I enjoyed the battle system, and how fast paced and tense it was, but not for every single enemy. If you're going to make me grind for five hours to only barely get strong enough to beat the next boss, then dumb down the difficulty for the grinding I have to do just a little bit, please? Anyway, the next flaw is Vanille and Lightning. Vanille for her ever-changing accent, and Lightning for just being Lightning. I hate hero characters that are just complete dicks/bitches to everyone they meet. It causes me to immediately lose interest in the character and I associate them with villains, therefore, I want them dead. Square seems to have a hard on for this, so me complaining serves no purpose, but it really bugs the hell out of me to have to deal with the main character being a complete douchebag. This rant turned out longer than expected, but a game that caused me to rage quit on Gran Pulse, which is pretty close to the final boss can make someone pretty angry.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Played/Shamefully Own - My least favorite FF in existence, even lower than XIII. It took my favorite game and painted it with fanservice (another pet peeve of mine) and lapped a laughable story to it. I understand that the first one had a subpar story, but it was a story I enjoyed, and it was taken seriously. X-2 wasn't taken seriously whatsoever, and it pisses me off to no end. It was a game that I gladly turned away from right after seeing the credits roll. On more than one occasion, I considered lighting the disc on fire, but I have people that keep asking me to borrow it, cause it's apparently a rare game around here. The battle system is the only redeeming feature in that game for me. If I could wear a blindfold and earmuffs when playing it, I would really enjoy it, but everything else about it is retarded and perverted, and it is simply everything I avoid when it comes to video games and everything media in general. I could talk for hours about how much I love X, and I could rant for hours about how much I despise X-2.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Played/Own - I actually enjoyed this one because it had everything XIII had, but it did it according to what I like. It had more rewards for beating enemies on Normal difficulty, and the option for an Easy mode (less rewards, but at least the option was available).Not to mention, Lightning isn't a waste of screentime in this one. Very Happy I actually enjoyed everything this game had to offer, even though some of it was pretty silly, and cliche. I even went so far as to obtain the Platinum Trophy for it, and still played it for several hours. Have to say that no matter what difficulty you're on, the DLC bosses are no joke. Especially Gilgamesh. -_- Only one I haven't beaten, or gotten a crystal from.

Finish the others later. I've played a lot of the spinoff games, but none of the tactics games, cause I'm not a tactics fan, but anyway, I'll finish this later.
Ah your collection is right up there with my own.

Surprised you ain't a Tactics fan tbh, they are so awesome. Usually stories are kind of weak as are characters in tactical RPGs (however the game-play makes up for this at least for me) but Tactics(the first one) in particular has a great story and great characters.

Based on your first post, if you still haven't played XIII-2 give it a try, much improved game just be warned it's one of those RPGs where you get to the end only to realise omg the last boss is ridiculous and have to grind and grinding isn't very fun in this game. Also I do't enjoy the side stuff, the extra areas are just paint jobs of previous areas, it gets very repetitive but a run through is worthwhile Smile

Oddly enough I just realised, my best friend who introduced me to J-RPGs has less FFs than me. He does however have 3 that I don't, Tactics Advance, Tactics: War of the Lions and Crisis Core. I have 8 that he doesn't. It's weird as I felt I was still playing catch up, only to see I'm not.
Hanpan
Hanpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down