Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Error in Judgment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error in Judgment

Post by Claire on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:36 pm

For this thread, we are going to point out some choices made by gaming companies in the development of some of their games, but to be more specific, we are not going to rant. We are going to list reasons why we believe these choices weren't the correct choices and what would have been improved had these choices not been made.

An example of this would be integrating the original story in Dissidia [012] duodecim Final Fantasy. The reason I believe they decided to do this was to tell the original story, except with the World Map system instead of the chessboard style of the original Dissidia. Upon making this decision, Square Enix completely eradicated almost all reason for gamers to own the original Dissidia. The only reason to play the original now is to A: play the original setup, which a number gamers would avoid since duodecim had a faster-paced and more engaging battle system (imo). Or B: to collect anything they missed in the Achievements section, which a number of gamers didn't care for in the first place.

Also, in adding the original story in duodecim, the memory space of the disc is massive, making the load times atrocious. It's also rather tedious having to complete the same story twice just to get an Achievement.

If the original story were not included in duodecim, the game would run faster, and most gamers would probably go either go out and purchase the original, or go back and play it for nostalgia.

Remember, your opinion is valued, but try not to rant.

Many thanks to Just_Smile for this AWESOME Serah sig. Very Happy

Claire

View user profile http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Error in Judgment

Post by Archangel on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:22 am

Dragon Age 2--I wish they would have spent a little more time in developing unique environments for every map and dungeon in Kirkwall, rather than recycling the same maps over and over....it brought down a game that was a lot of fun

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Sega: Sega honestly shouldn't have shut down their Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of the Illuminus for the PC/PS2. I thought that it was a big mistake considering that people had to pay to play, and if your paying 20 something dollars and you have tens of thousands of users across 3 different systems, then what do you have to gain by shutting down servers and limiting yourself to just 1 system? You not only lose income because of the account loss, but you also lose fans of the franchise because they feel betrayed by the choice to close down the servers.

To whom it may concern: Yes my avatar is from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, yes I admit to liking that particular show, do i care that I'm a 21 year old guy who likes ponies? No I do not, so lets not make a big deal of it.
KOS-MOS-1701-A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:05 pm

LA Noire--great game and innovative facial animations, yet half of the environment is destructible, such as cars and lightpoles, and yet for some reason some simple bushes or a wooden fence can stop your car dead in its tracks, what gives? This is a simple fix that was overlooked, and can be frustrating during car chases or just cruising around

Archangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:56 am

A bit older, but

The choice to make FF:CC multiplayer was brilliant. The decision to do so on GBA cables? awful... and the Consoles haven't done multi since. If they tried something better like Echoes of time or Ring of Fates. I suppose the setup in Crystal Bearers was fine, but combat was a hassle without two people.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top