FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
FFX HD EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
FFX HD EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
FFX HD EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
FFX HD EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
FFX HD EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
FFX HD EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
FFX HD EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
FFX HD EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
FFX HD EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

FFX HD

+6
The Cap'n
Tainted Dreamz
Archangel
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Zane the pure
Darkness Phoenix
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FFX HD Empty FFX HD

Post by Darkness Phoenix Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:28 pm

So it looks like an HD version of FFX is coming not only for the PS3 but for the Vita as well! So what do you guys think about this?

Last edited by Darkness Phoenix on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

FFX HD Empty Re: FFX HD

Post by Zane the pure Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:32 pm

I passed the news onto nemo recently.
I haven't heard wether he's resumed consciousness yet.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Sound interesting. Now i can actually play that game... Very Happy
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:36 am

what's the point of redoing one of the newer titles, i don't get it, why not do this for FF6 instead?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:38 am

I agree. FFX was a good game but why dont they do one of the earlier ones instead.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:29 pm

I understand re-releasing the earlier titles but X is one of the most common FF's to find now. Seriously, go to Gamestop and the PS2 section is riddled with them. I'm miffy on this but Square seems to be putting FF's 1-12 on PSN so meh.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:44 pm

eh, it may be good. maybe if they put x and x-2 together in the same disc set.
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm honestly not excited for this, either. I have a sentimental bond for the old style graphics and there is no way to make it prettier to me. If i ever get a vita, it would be goddamn sweet because i could play my favorite game whenever i wanted, but i probably wont because that would be the only game i would EVER buy for a touch screen piece of shit like that. (note that i am typing this on my iPhone. >_>)

Seriously, i couldnt care less even if they made Tidus as gorgeous as Lightning, they cant improve the game any more in my opinion.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:35 pm

The Cap'n wrote:I understand re-releasing the earlier titles but X is one of the most common FF's to find now. Seriously, go to Gamestop and the PS2 section is riddled with them.

The thing is that most people have a PS3 slim now and since Sony has pretty much killed all PS2 BC now...getting the HD port is just a better choice.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Zack'sCloud wrote:what's the point of redoing one of the newer titles, i don't get it, why not do this for FF6 instead?

Squares been doing this for a while, really and truly it's just another port (like the PSN downloads of I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX). Technically speaking it's the same type of "HD" treatment the MGS and God Of War games are getting.

Re-release a slightly (only a little) old game with trophies and sharper graphics and sell for full retail.

Easy money and I suppose if you're a trophy whore or lost/can't play the original they are worth a buy. I still own my PS2 and the PS2 version though so might skip X when it comes out. (why buy what you already own)

EXTRA NOTE

Although if in a bargain bin or released on special Offer I may purchase just for hoardings sake.

Last edited by RYCloud92 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Boko_The_Holy_Knight wrote:eh, it may be good. maybe if they put x and x-2 together in the same disc set.

It would be nice but...from what I seen online people really want this HD port to be a port of the International version.

Last edited by Darkness Phoenix on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:37 pm

eh. what people want, and what Square-Enix actually does, are 2 completely different things. You should know by now.
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Darkness Phoenix wrote:
Boko_The_Holy_Knight wrote:eh, it may be good. maybe if they put x and x-2 together in the same disc set.

It would be nice but...from what I seen online people really want this HD port to be a port of the International version.

I'd actually be down for that so I can fight Penance and the Dark Aeons but I really don't want to replay the completely retarded story when I just played it about a year ago and do all those stupid ass hunting quests all over again.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:16 am

RYCloud92 wrote: I still own my PS2 and the PS2 version though so might skip X when it comes out. (why buy what you already own)

I totally agree. In my opinion I don't really want to buy another copy that just 'spiffed' up when I can play it already. I'll just stick to the old version that already enough graphical and not waste money on something they have added a little more 'spiff' to.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 am

ANy news on the release date anyone or contents? I will be one of the ones that buy it because I'm a big fan of HD remixes of old games that I truly love.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

^ All I know is that it's coming out next year and as for an actually release date I think that we're gonna have to wait until E3 2012.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:16 pm

New news on the HD remake. Wonder if they'll include trophies. AND if they put in the Dark Aeons in the American version, then I may just have to buy it so I can take on the challenge!

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/11/final-fantasy-x-hd-square-promises-news-on-the-ps3-vita-update-soon/
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah, they promise that it's going to be released, as well as KH HD, but that one is sooner to come out.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 am

Ah tbh even if I had a PS3 I'd give it a miss. Still have my copy on PS2 that I got for my 13th birthday Smile So would be pointless
Hanpan
Hanpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:01 pm

I have to disagree with you there, Hanpan. I own FFX as well, but as I'm an American, I had no possibility of playing the International version, which is what it's supposed to be. So for an American that enjoyed it, there are a lot of perks for getting the HD version. Not to mention, an HD filter does wonders for how a game looks. MGS HD looked fantastic, as well as DMC HD. I own those games as well, and I still bought the HD versions and thought they were well worth the buy. Of course, I'm also a trophy whore, so that was another reason. lol
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanpan Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 pm

nemo wrote:I have to disagree with you there, Hanpan. I own FFX as well, but as I'm an American, I had no possibility of playing the International version, which is what it's supposed to be. So for an American that enjoyed it, there are a lot of perks for getting the HD version. Not to mention, an HD filter does wonders for how a game looks. MGS HD looked fantastic, as well as DMC HD. I own those games as well, and I still bought the HD versions and thought they were well worth the buy. Of course, I'm also a trophy whore, so that was another reason. lol
What's special about the International version ?

Ah I have MGS, DMC, ZOE and Silent Hill HD Collections, Hitman is tempting too. But you see when i bought my Xbox I was broke and all I had was a big collection of PS2 games so they all paid the price, apart from my J-RPGs. I had DMC 1 & 2 and MGS 1 & 2 but they went with the pile. i regretted letting them four games go, along with my 6 Tony Hawks games, 2 Conflict games and my LOTRs 3 games. The rest were pretty expendable tbh, things I would have been unlikely to play again. So when the HD collections became available I went out and bought them.

I was an achievmeent whore but they began to drive me mad and my game collection grew so much that I didn't have time to devote so much to one game so I try for what I can, my general rule is to try and reach a respectable 700 in each game if I feel the full GS is obtainable and I like the game I do it, like Skyrim, I'm working on that. I want to reach 100k GS but it'll come, I'm on 92k atm.
Hanpan
Hanpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:00 pm

I have no interest, not because the game is bad, but FF10 is still a relatively new game as far as FF titles go...
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:44 am

They just added in FFX-2 to the HD remix; and not that I wasn't going to buy this game, but that was a bigger addition to the perk. Suffice to say, this game is preordered and paid in full. Extra international content that I have never played and some trophies and some renewed graphics? Freaking Fantastic.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:21 pm

I just hope that they give you an option to play the games with the international content if you want.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:46 am

You know, I'm not entirely TOO knowledgeable with FFX's extra content. From my understanding it's just a few enemies that are boosted up for challenge's sake? So if that's the case, if the option to 'fight' them is there that would be nice. I doubt my skill and patience for good ole turn based is still up to par to how it was back then.

FFX-2 just had an extra mission and extra dress spheres which I am MORE THAN enamored to delve into. That for sure will be 'turned on' if the option is there.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum