FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
XIII.2 Spoiler Thread EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

XIII.2 Spoiler Thread

5 posters

Go down

XIII.2 Spoiler Thread Empty XIII.2 Spoiler Thread

Post by Archangel Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:00 pm

This Thread Contains Spoilers, read at your own risk!

When someone else finishes the game I would like to hear your thoughts on the ending? Will there be a 13-3? It was an awesome ending imo, not cliche, but I also would have liked closure, we got anything but that, now I'm just like wtf???, I expect this from the Assassin's Creed games but not FF titles. So what did you guys think?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

XIII.2 Spoiler Thread Empty Re: XIII.2 Spoiler Thread

Post by BLEH Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 am

judging from the 'TO BE CONTINUED...' at the end... i think there may be a 13-3 (i personally hope there will... i can't accept that Sarah (Sareh? Serah?... >_>) and Lightning are dead (Well Lightning in crystal again)

also if you happen to see the secret ending it shows Caius in the void beyond place sitting on Etro's Throne, saying the Goddess is dead and he is talking to Yeul (i think) it was quite confusing... lol
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 am

Im sure it will be a DLC not a 13-3. Maybe a tie in to the versus universe?
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:56 am

i was looking for some closure, but now I'm like wtf, Caius is dead, and nothing is fixed, 13-3? Idk might be ok, but finish the story already agh
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:37 pm

I. Hate. This. Game.

I. Hate. This. Game.

I will further add some better words, but right now I feel like taking a piss. On the toilet and think.

I finished it.

----------------EDIT-------

Alright, I've had a full night's sleep to just let it kind of sink in how I feel about the whole game. I'm typing up a review right now as we speak so I'll go in further details but I think I need to further explain why I stated my resentment for the damn thing. The game for me had been a coin toss day by day when I played it if it was going to be a task or a fun game. Some days cringing as the story unfolds (or maybe lack of a good story being conveyed) and some days just plain having fun. I have to admit the last half of the game I rushed because I wanted to finish it to get to other games, which in some aspect it's my fault since the last stage was harder than I could ever imagine because I didn't grind, I didn't make an effort one bit to get better weapons (I think I was only on my 4th weapon that I bought, or fifth), and I didn't level up my characters the smart way. I was just in the mind set of 'make haste'.

But I will say that it wasn't at all an on par Final Fantasy even if it is a spin off. Some of you may call me blasphemy but I rather enjoyed and grind the living hell out of FFX-2 (as I would bump and Grind Rikku) and beat that game with lots of enjoyable memories and STILL play it; but I am a FFX advocate, thus my love for anything FFX, perhaps. But to that same token, I am also a FFXIII fan, so what happened? Well basically my favorite characters are unplayable. Lightning was a mere shadow character and she ends up being a godamn crystal at the end.....?

Here's my biggest grudge. Yes it was original ending. Yes, I'll quote Zack, It WASN'T cliche. But to me it's telling me (like Chrono Cross' relation with Chrono Trigger) that whatever I did in FFXIII didn't matter and I screwed up by finishing the game (well the characters, but I take it personal) therefore this is the result. Now I'm a big fan of tragedy when it comes to my games and stories, but to merely end it that way and pretty much insinuate that there will be another game I need to spend money on because this game lacked the testicular fortitude to end it despite the fact that it wasn't a great game to begin with... well that's a fucking dick in the ass! They pretty much let Caius shove his feather like dick in Noel's loose ass and we recorded it in the process. FUCK that.

*ahem*

Well who knows? Maybe this will tie in to FFXIII versus, which I'm okay in the financial part since I am ALREADY planning on buying Versus, but I'm going to loathe the idea of a terribly played out game to even touch a game with so much potential. So that's my rant. My review will be a lot more professional of course.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:52 pm

I have mixed feelings about the game. My review won't be up until I put some more hours into the side stuff, like I am atm. Things I liked: I thought the battle system was great and fixed. If you died, you switched leaders, great idea, the monsters were also kind of cool and something different. At times, the story was interesting, and gave me a nostalgic feel of the Chrono Series. Although the ending irritates me, it also was hugely unexpected, and I like it when games do that.

Things I don't like: the only characters I get to use throughout the game are Serah and Noel. Serah is ok, but that's it--ok. Noel is a pretty good character but his running around with Serah while Snow is away is still a bit weird for me personally. Mog is a piece of shit. I never had a problem with moogles until this little rimlicker came along. Weapons are alright, and I enjoy of the open world feel to the game, however the whole "paradox" thing got old pretty quick. We get it, there's a paradox, you don't have to say it 50 times. I never got to use Snow, Sazh, Lightning, the characters I actually liked, and your interactions with them are minimal. Serendipity was a disappointment, chocobo racing is cool, but the other games are boring. I was expecting a golden saucer feel.

The ending, although unique, made me feel like everything I had done in the last 26 hours or so was pointless. Like Erel said, if this can somehow tie into Versus, then fine, but I don't want a 13-3. FF13 was good, but not a game that deserves a trilogy, 13-2 promised to finish the story and it didn't do that. Unlike Erel, I did like the music in the game lol.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Zack'sCloud wrote:I have mixed feelings about the game. My review won't be up until I put some more hours into the side stuff, like I am atm. Things I liked: I thought the battle system was great and fixed. If you died, you switched leaders, great idea, the monsters were also kind of cool and something different. At times, the story was interesting, and gave me a nostalgic feel of the Chrono Series. Although the ending irritates me, it also was hugely unexpected, and I like it when games do that.

Things I don't like: the only characters I get to use throughout the game are Serah and Noel. Serah is ok, but that's it--ok. Noel is a pretty good character but his running around with Serah while Snow is away is still a bit weird for me personally. Mog is a piece of shit. I never had a problem with moogles until this little rimlicker came along. Weapons are alright, and I enjoy of the open world feel to the game, however the whole "paradox" thing got old pretty quick. We get it, there's a paradox, you don't have to say it 50 times. I never got to use Snow, Sazh, Lightning, the characters I actually liked, and your interactions with them are minimal. Serendipity was a disappointment, chocobo racing is cool, but the other games are boring. I was expecting a golden saucer feel.

The ending, although unique, made me feel like everything I had done in the last 26 hours or so was pointless. Like Erel said, if this can somehow tie into Versus, then fine, but I don't want a 13-3. FF13 was good, but not a game that deserves a trilogy, 13-2 promised to finish the story and it didn't do that. Unlike Erel, I did like the music in the game lol.

'Rim Licker'? LOL.

I thought I was the only one getting that vibe with Noel running around with Serah, Zack. But you being married, I guess I should've expected that same opinion. And I don't understand, the lost of 'energy' it seems between the Serah and Snow. I don't know.

Nothing will ever beat Golden Saucer. You should already have that in your head, Bro. Mr. FFVII advocate.

I have to say though, I like New Bohdum 3AF (spelling? Time?) music. Fit the bright atmosphere. I also liked Dying World's theme. I enjoy music that fits the atmosphere. But I do disregard the idea that you have to have lyrics in all fucking FF theme. Like adding vocals to the chocobo theme which I believe carried over from FFXIII. Of course I loathe how they took out Victory Fanfare. but yeah.

Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:07 pm

there is one hard rock chocobo theme in sunleth that was totally gay lol
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 pm

With the red Chocobo or Paradox chocobo? Yeah it was retarded.

Well I got my review. I didn't spend too much time elaborating on it, but it's on my blog if anyone care to read it. I might put it up here but who cares.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:22 pm

yes the paradox chocobo one
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:16 pm

So since I've been playing Mass Effect 3 it occurred to me that FFXIII-2 had those 'event choices' that we all came across and had to pick on a statement or what not. Truthfully I thought it would have an affect on the ending..... But from the sound of it that no matter what 'path' one takes it will still end the same.

Guess Square didn't want to put out an alternate CG cut scene ending. So what the hell was the point of all those 'non linear' choices then?!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:39 pm

well there are paradox endings, but they are still pretty pointless, choices really didn't matter much in 13-2 to be honest
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:03 am

the choices in the live events determined what item you got in those special boxes that'd appear.. there was sometimes answers that are considered 'funny' and if you answered X amount of the events with X amount of the funny answers you got a better item... also if you have the paradox scope active during some brand new answers could appear

other that that though they are pretty pointless.... except 2... 2 of them with active a paradox ending... the convo with lightning in New Bodham -The Void Beyond- agreeing to stay is one... and after you get the paradox scope and have it active, refusing to take the artefact from Aylssa is Acadamia 700AF (i think) is the other
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:29 pm

ya believe it or not but alyssa was workin for Caius the whole time. Never did trust that bitch
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Zack'sCloud wrote:
Will there be a 13-3? It was an awesome ending imo, not cliche, but I also would have liked closure, we got anything but that, now I'm just like wtf???, I expect this from the Assassin's Creed games but not FF titles. So what did you guys think?

It's not like the ending didn't have a sence of closure but it's more like it got taken away at the last second by an unexpected twist of faith more or less. I think that there's gonna be a 13-3 but after watching the ending I just don't see how they'll be able to handle it by DLC.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:26 pm

there was a bit of closure, but a million unanswered questions, that just kind of left you saying wtf did I just watch? No way will all of be able to be handled by dlc I don't think.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu May 17, 2012 2:08 pm

So I bought the Lightning DLC, sold at the fact that they said that Lightning will be an added party member as soon as I beat the mini chapter she had in the DLC. I beat it... and well... nothing happened! She isn't in my party! WTF?!

ANyone know anything on how to actually put her in the party?!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Thu May 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Check your monsters? The only story related DLC I gotten is Sazh's and I got him after finishing the DLC.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri May 18, 2012 11:30 pm

She isn't there. I'm hoping it's not the the case of me having to get 5 stars to get to play as her in the main story. that's lame. And I have yet to try and beat the OG FFXIII Lightning just yet.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon May 21, 2012 9:04 am

so....is this the same lightning that you have to fight in the arena?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 pm

nO. Armored Lightning as she appears in the game; The Guardian of the Goddess gettup and shit.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue May 22, 2012 5:44 pm

oh, didnt even know she had a story dlc haha
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed May 23, 2012 1:06 am

Wasn't really much of a story honestly. SO I just spent money on it just for a 'final fight' with Caius and... what sold me was that you get to use her in your party. Well that shit did not happen at all.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed May 23, 2012 9:02 am

is there any trophies associated with the dlc?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down