FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Tales of Graces F EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Tales of Graces F EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Tales of Graces F EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Tales of Graces F EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Tales of Graces F EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Tales of Graces F EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Tales of Graces F EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Tales of Graces F EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Tales of Graces F EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Tales of Graces F

5 posters

Go down

Tales of Graces F Empty Tales of Graces F

Post by Zane the pure Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:12 am

Okay, I finished mulling it all over and though I'll admit I kept the scores pretty high, the dubbing is pretty good in this game, and none of the voices outright annoyed me except for Fourier...

Bryce Papenbrook: [Asbel]
Let me begin by saying that compared to Dissidia, this role is gold for him. Though I feel he holds back a little too much when Asbel is upset or when something important, in a scene where he begins to question a friend's plans, He nearly loses it. It's a solid portrayal of a normally level headed character, so if I could fault it for anything else, it isn't particularly "blow me away". Battle wise, It requires more oomph, but what's there is well passable.
7.5 of 10

Cassandra Lee: [Sophie]
I dunno much about the actress as I hadn't heard of her until now, but Sophie starts out an amnesiac and stays like that for a lengthy part of the game, so by nature the role was pretty monotone for the sake of blissful ignorance. There are scenes where she emotes quite well, and latter on in the game she becomes pretty well defined, but I can't help but feel its too little too late, regardless of amnesia. Not a bad role by any means, but one that could see improvement. Battle wise, solid and passable, but when she uses modified versions of her allies' attacks, she imitates their tones perfectly.
6 of 10

Steve Staley: [Hubert]
This is about as perfect as casting gets for a male Tsundere type like Hubert. There wasn't a single other person in my mind who could do this role so well. There are one or two areas where I feel it could've been improved, but it's likely that the director okay'ed it and moved on. Battle wise, no one could fit the character better.
So, much praise to a praiseworthy actor.
9.5 of 10

Laura Bailey: [Cheria]
Honestly, If you've ever heard her do a normal girl voice before, you've heard this already. The pitch and most inflections were spot on and this seems to be her most apt character type. One scene where she preforms quite beautifully is where the character breaks down to tears, and the emotion was evident. A good role by a talented actress.
Battle wise, I would listen to her read the phone book if I could
9 of 10

Jamieson Price: [Malik]
At first I didn't think this role fit him at all, and they just picked him because his voice is deep. But since the man is fantastic, it grew on me quickly and while I still find it unfitting, I can't fault him for much. The scenes where Malik is flustered due an estranged friendship are a little off, but nothing near terrible and are decent enough... probably what the director though as well. Battle wise, sexyness as far as the eye can see.
8 of 10

David Vincent: [Richard]
Uhh, I dunno what's up with his manner of speech sometimes, but he comes off as very frank and matter-of-fact as a character who is supposed to be very compassionate and mislead. And then mysteriously, he'll drop that and act exactly how the character is supposed to, and to the point where I assume he acts differently every day. Battle wise however, his lines are excellent and well punctuated. His occasional breathiness is gone and his yell and roars are terrific. I know he can act normally as he's done several roles perfectly normal (Keiss/Van/Law) so I'm not sure what to say on his "over'under-acting"
7 of 10

Kate Higgins: [Pascal]/[Young Asbel]
If I had to describe this role in one word, perfection. There isn't a single line that could have been improved upon. Every line, every inflection, every aspect of the character brought to life beautifully. Unfortunately the character's development is set aside for the plot, much like cheria's. Battle wise, I literally can't think of any way to improve this role at all. I'd rate her pretty highly as an actress, but this role was absolute platinum.
This role, while not as perfect as pascal, is well punctuated, and very clear. Some actors forget to use proper diction when voicing children due to the change of tone, and many younger actors blatantly gloss over it, so it's nice to see someone focus properly on clarity. Battle wise, a strong willed and energetic kid personified, if not a little "cookie-cutter" but nothing to sneeze at though.
10 of 10
8 of 10

Spoiler:
Keith Silverstein
This voice kicks sooooo much ass its hard to imagine, though some lines were unnecessarily uni-tone, the character is very hard edged and steeped in loathing and resentment, and the extra development in the afterstory does plenty to shape him well as it substantially improves thereon. Battle wise, I would go as far as to say nothing short of Keith David himeself could rival this portrayal. Every single line in battle seething with hatred and calm fury.
If there were any voice I'd want to hear in my head, it would be this.
9 of 10

Those are the Main characters so far, and if anyone asks about the others, I'll update with their roles. The reason I emphasized on battle voices is, most of your play time is gonna be spent in battle, as encounters are commonplace, and you'll hear plenty of it.

Last edited by Zane the pure on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:02 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Got it now!)
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Tales of Graces F Empty Re: Tales of Graces F

Post by Archangel Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 pm

never played it, what system is it for?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:01 pm

It's a port of the Japanese Wii version for the PS3.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 pm

I think it deserves a better score than it got critically, but then again, I'm nutz for the tales series, so I'm biased lol.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 pm

I agree. its a great game so far Very Happy
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by clief101_ Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:25 pm

This game truly is a great game. It's the best JRPG i've played since FFX, and that says something!
clief101_
clief101_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum