FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers)

5 posters

Go down

Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) Empty Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers)

Post by Claire Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Can't believe there's no topic for this.

Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) Final-fantasy-vii-dirge-of-cerberus-ps2-boxart

Official Name: Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

Genre: TPS/Action RPG

Rating: T

Release Date: Aug 15, 2006

The most controversial title of Final Fantasy to the people I hang out with. Maybe it's the animation, the gameplay, or the fact that the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII got even more out of reach upon its release. Dirge of Cerberus is a third-person shooter starring the popular character Vincent Valentine as the story's protagonist. The antagonist of the game being the underground Shin-ra experiment by the name of Deepground, which is a bunch of ordinary citizens turned into supersoldiers for the Shin-ra corporation. Of the Deepground military force, stands the elite generals known as the Tsviets, who are a small group of supersoldiers who were enhanced even further to meet extreme conditions. Deepground is led by the perfect being untainted by the outside world known as Weiss the Immaculate, who was born in captivity with his younger brother Nero the Sable, who heads the Tsviets as second in-command. As Vincent uncovers more and more secrets of Deepground, the Tsviets and Weiss himself, the story becomes ever more gripping and exciting with awesome graphics, and fast paced gameplay.

Blending the fast paced action of shooter games with the tactical precision that encompasses RPGs, Dirge of Cerberus is a difficult, yet thrilling journey you won't soon forget. However, since they are combining RPGs with shooters makes this game FUCKIN HARD. Not only does your damage potential rely on your level and ability to move around with a far-too-large hitbox really adds to the stress level even on the second difficulty. Vincent has a dodge ability which is only used effectively with PRECISE timing, meaning there is a hair's difference between narrowly dodging an attack and taking a huge chunk of damage. To be honest, if it weren't for the collectables, I wouldn't be so addicted to this game. If you don't plan on upping the difficulty on your next run, then one playthrough is all you'll get from story mode without putting a HUGE risk on your save files. Everything autosaves the moment you complete a chapter, and you don't keep the stuff you do from another chapter, unless it leads into the next chapter. So, in short, if you wanna go back and redo chapter 1, you'll have the exact same equipment you had upon starting that chapter, and whatever equipment you have at the end of the chapter will rewrite whatever you collected in chapter 2. However, if you unlock EX Hard mode, you can keep your stuff in exchange for a fantastic boost in difficulty.

Now let's explain 2 things that I actually thought were brilliant ideas to keep people playing the game long after they want to. That would be Memory Capsules and Secret Missions. Memory Capsules are hidden targets all throughout story mode, and trust me when I say they worked hard to make sure you glance over these things. You actually have to really LOOK for these things in every single chapter to find them. Some of them are miles away from you and can only barely be seen with the sniper scope. The benefit to shooting these hidden targets, is you can rewatch scenes in the Extra Features mode, may not be worth it to those that would rather just play through the game again, but for a completionist like me, it's like passing up free trophies. Plus, these things are kind of fun to look for, as it reminds me of the old game Eye Spy, so it adds something else to do while I'm just playing the game. The neat thing is once you shoot a Memory Capsule, the game autosaves that capsule being obtained and disappears in playthroughs afterward, so once you get it, it doesn't ever show up again.

Secret Missions are also a brilliant way to keep people playing, because there's shit to get from doing these strangely fun missions over and over. Stuff like artwork, character models and music and sound collection. Once again, may not be all that important to some people, but for me it's like CRACK!!! And these missions are actually fun, like I said, since all of them incorporate different challenges and keep you guessing what's next. And like old NES games, most of them can only be accomplished through trial and error, so you really have to buckle down to figure these things out.

Anyway, Dirge of Cerberus isn't for players looking for a long story, cause you'll finish it in likely a few hours. My fastest playthrough was 10:25, and that was watching all the scenes and going back to heal when I felt I was gonna DIE. Not to mention, I spent time finding Memory Capsules, so subtract like, two or three hours from my playtime and you'll finish the game. However, it is a fun game in it's own way, and it is quite addicting with the missions and the capsules. The story, much like the rest of the compilation is deep, and hard to follow, but...IT'S VINCENT VALENTINE! Very Happy

So have fun. :]
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers) Empty Re: Dirge of Cerberus (spoilers)

Post by Archangel Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:33 pm

I thought parts of the story started going a bit off, but overall I loved this game. I thought gameplay was fun, the graphics were beautiful, and parts of the story were great.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:05 am

I just remembered the very end where there was a dual weilding super saiya-jin freakin Sephiroth that for some reason was controlled by an apparition of Hojo? It has been some time since I played it, and the story is lost in translation for me. As I remember it, the rhythm fluctuated from good and bad... correct me if I'm wrong but the ending I believe was the plummeting point of it all.

But graphics was great; I enjoyed the gameplay for what it is. Certainly got a lot of negative tirades from a lot of hardcore classic FF players (turnbased lovers). Overall I think it didn't receive a good reception... on my end, I enjoyed it. Again, Square never fails to impress with their CG. I really liked how they tied in why Vincent and Yuffie weren't at the crater for the final battle.

and on a Final note... what the fuck were they thinking changing Yuffie's costume to that horrendous color combo of orange and blue? Her Advent Children outfit was more than adequate for her! It was simple, still had the spunky sass, and it even had oriental flare (flowers on the chest) and the color scheme is still dark enough to pass for her to be a kunoichi.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:21 pm

My opinion on this game will never change, hate it. It would have been a good game... If it focused on Vincent and not the lame secondary characters, I'd have enjoyed it. The gun customization was great but the klunky gameplay killed it for me. Graphics were great, voice acting was okay from some.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:28 am

@Erel, the popular crowd is something I avoid, because I happened to like The Spirits Within, and everyone else hated it, but they hated it because the only resemblance it had to the series was a Dr. Sid. Some of them hate the story, but whatever, I liked it.

Anyway, this one is just an experiment from Square that didn't respond well to most people, myself included. I just don't think shooters should mix with RPGs since the numbers play a huge part in how much damage one shot will put out. That's mostly why I enjoy the missions more than the actual story, cause they start you out at a specific level and the only influence you have is what type of guns you'll have. I will admit, that the game is fun if not frustrating at times, but I still disagree with so many variables in such a fast paced game.

I have nothing to say for the story, but I will admit that killing Hojo again made me happy. I still wonder why Paul Eiding gave such a voice to him, though. I mean, it feels that much better to shut him up, but it's just strange to hear Colonel Campbell talk like that.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Erel wrote:what the fuck were they thinking changing Yuffie's costume to that horrendous color combo of orange and blue?

I wanna know what they were thinking when they decided to include her in crisis core and dirge of cerberus...I would of loved to have Red 13 as my partner in dirge of cerberus instead of her though.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:27 am

^Truth. She barely did anything, anyway. She took Shalua back to the Shera (anyone's job, really), got knocked out by Nero, and was passed out while Vincent was busting ass against Weiss. RED XIII NEEDS MOAR SCREENTIME. Square might make his own game, with the way things look, but if it's Red XIII, I'd play it.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down