FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Lightning Returns EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Lightning Returns EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Lightning Returns EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Lightning Returns EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Lightning Returns EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Lightning Returns EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Lightning Returns EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Lightning Returns EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Lightning Returns EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lightning Returns

5 posters

Go down

Lightning Returns Empty Lightning Returns

Post by Erel Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:24 pm

G4's News Feed on this!

Okay it's not a discreet secret that I hated FFXIII-2 aside from the aesthetics (which is about the only thing that FF or JRPG may have as a saving grace!). But it was just announced the conclusion to the FFXIII universe and Lightning returns as the main gal.

The news and all the info are in fragments and very obscure, however it seems that they are taking a bit of what is making games a bit more fun for some of us, customization and a lot more freedom. Hopefully they take in what is making games like Mass Effect more successful and actually put the player in a ROLE PLAYING feel; character choices, forks in the road that allows players to choose what fate his/her character will endure, etc. etc.

Make this one work! The Fantasy is Coming to its Final Days for some as the majority of us are growing up and looking for much more enthralling games out there! I'd hate to let go of this series, but it has been falling as of late; again the aesthetics is the only reason I hold on. Kind of an asinine reason if you ask me!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Lightning Returns Empty Re: Lightning Returns

Post by Claire Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Can't imagine I'll enjoy Infamous wearing a Final Fantasy wrapping, but like Mass Effect, I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Nix that, I'm not feeling like wasting more time on this shitty game. If they're really going to make Lightning the protagonist again, I may as well just drive screws into my head. Lightning is a female Squall, I don't care how gorgeous she is, she is a TERRIBLE PROTAGONIST.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Terrible? I disagree. She isn't great; but she isn't as bad as a lot of protagonists I have met such as Vaan. And she is actually more of a definite female clone of Cloud rather than Squall; Squall was mopey and undeniably restricted in his leadership skill because of his lack of being able to at least compliment and take a compliment. He was socially inept while he is adept at the art of battle.

Lightning on the other hand held the same rude persona and very stand offish like Cloud, but a bit more social and able to carry a conversation without being so mopey; she only chose to be reasonable with certain people (Serah) very similar to how Cloud was to the two female leads of FFVII (Tifa and Aerith). But like Cloud, she is quite skilled in handling herself in battle and with very little remorse, she admonishes her adversaries with that said skill. Hell, she even has the command presence of the leader from the get go unlike Squall, a trait that Cloud had from the get go. I guess if there are similarities to Squall that I can see are her chosen weapon, a gun blade, and like most protagonist of FF, their prowess.

OF course these are my opinions and my recollection of the games; and those two seems to be infallible (lol. That is a jest).

And let me know how drilling your head feels! I wouldn't suggest it, however; it is an asinine act just to reciprocate the idea of more face time for the new Final Fantasy 'Cloud'. Very Happy
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:40 am

Not too excited, but I'll buy it anyways, bc I am a sucker for the ff series and always will be (sigh)
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:48 am

You know, I'm just 'excited' because I want a closure for the FFXIII series.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:28 pm

I'dve thought that just giving players more control would've made it more of a game alone...

I do like the little Majora's mask concept with winding time. And I'm never gonna give final fantasy up. EVER. Ev... hold on, I haven't actually bought a mainline final fantasy game since... 4
uh...............erm bye.
*flee*
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:23 pm

@Erel, Cloud, Squall, both are equally antisocial, imo. Squall just seemed more like a dick to me, while Cloud at least cracked a joke every now and then (all of which were hilarious). And your recollection of VIII and VII are better than mine in all likelihood, so I'll go with your opinion. They DID go out of their way to make Lightning very similar to Cloud in terms of aesthetics and will to fight, but she's still a bitch, and her only attractive feature to me was that irresistable pink hair. lol

My statement still stands, however. Not gonna buy this one since I haven't an affinity for XIII as a whole.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Just don't drill your head bro. lol! That's kind of crucial! Nah, You know if I wasn't so enamored by the graphics and the gameplay, I'd say FFXIII was a terrible addition to the series; But I like Lightning enough, and I do appreciate a couple of the other characters, and the IT HAD good potential... but it just wasn't executed well. You being obstinate about not even bother to loo at this game is well respected, so I don't really blame you.

FFXIII was one of those for people (new age and veterans like us alike), I happen to fall in the middle while you on the hating; again, nothing taking away from people who hate the game; as far as I'm concerned, all of the 'hate' I have heard about the game is more than valid as a FF veteran, as A gamer, period. Although I hardly find a lot of people who can actually respect why I actually have an appreciation for this game. They usually use the whole: 'Well you are a fan of FFX so that makes sense' kind of statement.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:06 am

The combat is really my main issue with it. In truth, I loved it at first, since the combat was fast and exciting, and I always set the ATB to fast in the classics, so it did well to keep my blood pumping for a pretty long time. But after a while, it started to irritate me that I had to grind my ass off constantly for just enough to beat the next boss. And spending so many hours just for a single boss fight, and EVERY SINGLE BOSS FIGHT started at irritating and quickly elevated to monotinous and frustrating. That was my main issue with the first XIII, and the reason I couldn't finish it.

The story is an oddbox for me. It was very original, imo, but hard to follow. The only thing I didn't like about it was that they got an entire list of characters with traits I couldn't stand (excluding Fang) to fulfill the story. I think the story just needs to stop where it's at. Everyone knows that I compare sequels, remakes and spinoffs to the antichrist, so I needn't say more about that.

However, with all that, I do see how it can appeal to certain people. While I don't agree that it was a success worthy of two sequels, I can say that it was a game that was enjoyable, for however brief a time it was.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:13 am

I'm first going to see some reviews before I'd buy it.. FFXIII was good in my opinion, but XIII-2 was a dissapointment.
So, I'll be more careful in the future.

I also don't think Lightning was THAT bad (I kinda liked how she developed in the first game from a bitch to a somewhat caring person), but she isn't one of my favourites x3
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:24 pm

@nemo: a game not worthy of two sequels. That statement is what makes the most sense
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 am

The ending of the game doesn't make the most sense. I need some damn closure; and there were lots of reprimands of ME3's ending, what about FFXIII-2's decision to distort what FFXIII had accomplish? That's all I'm saying.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:33 pm

felt like a wasted 100 hrs didn't it?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Didn't even spend 60 hours on FFXIII-2 I think....
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 am

no, your right, it was a short game. I think I spent maybe 40 hrs on it, and had almost everything done
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 am

So we have had a couple of trailers and gameplay showcase within the last few months; I am still standing firm to my opinion. This is either going to make or break me to another nail to the coffin of Final Fantasy.

Oh wait a minute... there's still FFXIII Versus.

But this game is closer to the horizon. Lightning's attire/s in the previews though... I can only say that they are an amalgam of confusion! Well, I guess aesthetics aren't everything right? Let's see where the story goes and how the gameplay 'improves'.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down