FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Review that game - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Review that game

+4
KOS-MOS-1701-A
Claire
Tainted Dreamz
Archangel
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Review that game - Page 3 Empty Re: Review that game

Post by Archangel Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 am

Final Fantasy 13-2

Gameplay: 8.5/10
The gameplay in 13-2 is much the same as it is in FF13, but much improved. Gone is the element of when your leader dies and it is game over. Now if that happens, you simply change your leader. FF13-2 also adds the new concept of adding monsters to your team. This is a cool little addition that brings a new element of customization to combat since you capture monsters after beating them, and you can choose which ones fight alongside you and which paradigms you want them in. The addition of cinematic sequences is interesting, not really great or bad. Weapons are easy to obtain, and the map is back to open world exploration once again. This makes it much easier to go from place to place and to pursue sidequests. Some downfalls of the gameplay would be the puzzles which seem pointless to me, if you enjoy puzzles you may like them, but they only seemed to slow the game down to me. Another negative is the fact that you only get to play with Noel and Serah as your main characters in battle. Final Fantasy is a series that usually gives you a rich variety of characters to choose from for your squad, but FF13-2 really restricts to choosing just a monster to join your group. Combat is much improved, and linearity of the game has also been fixed, both bonuses for 13-2, but the system of live action choices didn't make much sense, as everything ends up the same in the end, and you don't really get to choose per say because there is still a right choice and a wrong choice.

Story: 8/10
The story in 13-2 is much easier to follow than that of FF13 in my opinion. It has a clear purpose and that is changing the timeline to find Lightning and to fix the anomalities in the world. Unfortunately the cast of the game kills the mood for the story with their poor character development with the constant phrase of "it must be a paradox" or "I wonder if this has something to do with the paradox." It just gets old after a while. Furthermore the story only realy focuses on Serah and Noel and doesn't really blend in the characters from the previous game unless it is for a brief cameo besides Hope.

Length: 7.5/10
Very short for a final fantasy title. You may be able to milk 40 hrs out of this game with post story play, but the main story shouldn't take you much more than 20-25 hrs to finish. There is some random things to do after finishing the story, but not enough to keep you wanting to come back for more.

Visuals: 9/10
Some of the best visuals to date. Can't complain in this department, as usual Square does an amazing job with its visuals and environments. My only complaint is that the character models for citizens are all similar and kind of plain.

Characters: 8.5/10
Character in FF13-2 are good but not great. The only character who really drives this into the ground is Mog who is the most annoying moogle of all time. It sounds like a high pitched little child who complains all of the time and says "kupo" after every sentence. Noel is actually a better character than I would have thought and his backstory is pretty interesting. Although he is obsessing over a 15 year old girl throughout the whole game (Yeul) and that is kind of weird. Serah is just kind of there, not great, but not terrible either. Caius makes for a good villain, but his voice doesn't quite fit his character in my opinion.

Music/Sound: 8.5/10
A lot of people have complaints in the music area for this game, but I actually really enjoyed it for the most part. Only a couple tracks really bugged me and that was the paradox chocobo theme.
---------------------------------
Pros
--Improved gameplay from it's predecessor with much more fluid combat
--Less linear than Final Fantasy 13
--Great visuals
--Caius is a good villain
----------------------------------
Cons
--Puzzles are pointless, as are live action choices
--Paradox theme is overdone
--Way too short for a final fantasy title
--Mog is a terrible character
----------------------------------
Overall this game is probably what you would expect it to be, maybe even slightly better. It did some things well, but a few experimental aspects didn't work. Get it if you are a big final fantasy fan, but otherwise, way to buy it cheap or rent it. A combination of the elements of this game blended with Final Fantasy 13, would have greatly improved the original game. My number 27 favorite game of all time.
**8/10**
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:36 pm

My Mass Effect 3 review:

MASS EFFECT 3
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Awesome review, although it was tough to read on your background lol
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Well, I should take that into consideration about changing it. lol thanks.

---Edit---

Fixed. been waiting for one more comment against my background.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 pm

lol glad I could help.

Assassins Creed: Revelations

Gameplay: 8/10
Revelations maintains the same typical free running theme of the previous games and all of the benefits of new tools and gadgets including a new hookblade which is used to zipline across the landscape and for some new assassination moves. The multiplayer returns as well and is still a blast to play. I think the AC series might have my favorite form of mp just because it is different from the rest, and I enjoy the feeling of the predator/prey gametype. Things I didn't like about Revelations gameplay were the new bomb crafting and tower defense games. The assassins and the guild challenges were a great addition that was kept from Brotherhood, however the bomb crafting and tower defense seemed to be too much. They weren't terrible, they just didn't work. The developers wanted to continue to add and improve, but they just did too much in this case. I also thought that the controls felt a bit clunkier this time around when free running, which shouldn't have been the case, it may have just been me. The puzzle sequences which take place with Desmond are ok, not terrible, not nothing fantastic either, if you are a platforming fan you are sure to enjoy them.

Story: 7/10
The story to the game isn't terrible by any means, it is just kind of average. It is what you expect, the twists are minor, and Ezio's goal is clear from the beginning. Ezio is a fantastic character, but you can only give him so much story to carry out, it was anything that kept me from wanting to continue, but it felt like the developers were starting to grasp at straws at this point. AC3 appears to be a fresh new take on things. We will see.

Length: 8/10
About what you expect from an AC game. You can probably get 20-25 hours out of the game if you want to finish almost everything. The multiplayer adds a lot of value, but if you are only interested in finishing the story, it can be relatively short.

One thing I love about the AC series is the real life visuals. So many games are focused on creating a fantasy environment, yet AC takes historical landmarks and renders them into the game almost flawlessly. It is great to learn about these different areas of the world as you play through the game, and every building, temple, and tower looks so lifelike.

Like I said before, Ezio Auditore is a fantastic character and has carried the last 3 AC games a long way, however one man can only do so much, and have so much to tell. Ezio's new love interest Sophia is interesting, as are some of the characters that Ezio meets in Constantinople. I was never a huge fan of Altair, but if you are, you do get to learn about him quite a bit in this game, and it sheds light on who we was and what his dream was for the Creed. This game has some solid characters, but only two real memorable ones: Ezio and Altair

Sound/Music: 8.5/10
Revelations has great sound and music. The last couple of AC games have really surprised and impressed me in this department. I don't really expect much from these games in terms of soundtracks, however Revelations had some great soothing tones, and melodies that fit with the atmosphere. Nothing fast paced or upbeat however.
--------------------------------------
Pros
--Fantastic Multiplayer
--Constantinople looks fantastic
--Continued mechanics of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
--Ezio and Altair both make appearances
---------------
Cons
--Bomb crafting and tower defense aren't needed
--Story is straightforward and lacks excitement
--Not a ton of fresh content
------------------
Overall, AC: Revelations is a good game, I don't know if I would call it great, but if you are a fan of the series, you should definitely play it. If you're not, don't bother. This game might be better as a rental for a week unless you are really interested in the multiplayer. Not disappointing, but this game doesn't have much to set it apart from the last two titles. My number 34 favorite game of all time.
**7.5/10**
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:32 am

Did this game finally make sense of the ending? I see 'story' has the lowest score... just curious. I always thought the story of AC had become it's biggest flaw since Assassin's Creed II.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:49 pm

The story is starting to fall into places, the lost archive dlc really helped explain Lucy's plot, and Subject 16. Some parts are still a bit blurry bc it is a 'deep' story, the main reason the score was so low is bc it felt like they were just milking Ezio's character since he is more interesting than Altair, I think AC3 will be a fresh take. I think Ubisoft was just running out of stuff for Ezio to do so they decided to have him search for some secrets that Altair left behind.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:57 am

Mass Effect 3

Gameplay: 10/10
I believe that ME3 has the best gameplay of any of the games in the series. It is a combination of everything that was good in the previous games and it got rid of the unneccesary parts. No more planet scanning for materials all of the time. You still have scanning that you do, but it is very limited, and is made more interesting because you are running from the Reapers in your ship at the same time, and if they catch you it is game over. The cover system is greatly improved in ME3. You can now roll in and out of cover, and for 360 owners the Kinect voice commands help control your squad mates without having to pause the action. Guns are customizable through mod additions as well squad mate outfits. There are a ton of sidequests in ME3 just like in the previous games and you never get bored. The multiplayer mode of ME3 was a nice surprise. I didn't care about this feature until I actually played it and found it to be somewhat addicting. It is all cooperative, and your success helps you in the single player campaign, even more of a reason to play it. The only gameplay flaws I have seen are a few freezes here and there, which pause the game momentarily.

Story: 10/10
To put it simply, this series has some of the best writing for a game I have ever played. The universe is so perfectly crafted, and each race is unique and you actually can identify their different cultures throughout the games. This story starts with one goal: Stop the Reapers, the fun part is how are you going to do that, and what are you willing to risk to stop them? Some people have complained about the ending to the game, I will admit, it wasn't as spectacular as I had hoped, but I don't think it was bad either. Some people are penalizing the game for the ending and that is just sad, because regardless of the ending, this game is a masterpiece. One of the theories to explain the ending actually makes a lot of sense, and if true; it proves the genius writing behind this game. Bioware is even coming out and providing a free epilogue to the game, something I don't think most companies would do or should do for that matter. This just shows me how committed BioWare is to their fanbase.

Length: 9/10
For a single playthrough you are probably looking at about 30-35 hours of playtime. Besides that you have multiplayer that will consume plenty of your time, as well as a new game+ function that allows you to play the game again while retaining most of your post game stats.

Visuals: 8/10
The visuals aren't poor in ME3. Not at all, but the colors aren't as vibrant as in the other games in the series, a lot of the settings are dark, but that may be for a reason. ME3 really doesn't look that much different from ME2, which is one of the reasons I think ME3 should have been a next gen console game, but regardless the game still looks good.

Characters: 10/10
This game and this series has some of the most memorable characters to date. Almost every one of the characters is voiced perfectly and is unique. The player begins to bond with certain characters very early in the series, and these relationships continue to grow throughout the games. Even your decisions affect whether some characters live or die, and this can weigh heavy on your decisions and outcomes throughout the series.

Sound/Music: 7/10
Nothing really new in this department. Typical ME music, it was good and soothing, just not anything new to focus on. Sound quality is great throughout the game.
-----------------------------
Pros
--Fantastic gameplay
--Amazing story to tie things up
--Plenty of playtime
--Characters that you will never forget, and mean a lot to you personally
--Great voice acting
-------------------------
Cons
--Ending isn't perfect
--Visuals seem unchanged from Mass Effect 2
--Music hasn't changed much
--------------------------
Overall this game is fantastic. This may be the greatest game I have ever played, regardless of the ending. I can't really decide which game I liked better between ME2 and ME3, but this series is one that shouldn't be missed by anyone who loves to play games. I think this is hands down the greatest series of our time.
**10/10**
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:08 am

You and I seem to have the same opinion on ME3. I still believe that the graphics is its biggest downfall. Pretty accurate review there, Zack.

Anyways. My Ninja Gaiden 3 review. Argh.

NINJA Gaiden 3 Review
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Agreed, Bioware recycles their models way too much.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu May 31, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm going to be making DLC reviews too I believe. Here's my first.

Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn's Revenge
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 pm

If anyone cares about this game like I did. lol

Lollipop Chainsaw Review.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:05 am

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings

Gameplay: 8/10
The gameplay of the Witcher 2 is your typical adventure RPG style of combat, but with a deep skill tree to develop your character, and a lot of classical RPG elements infused within the gameplay. Your character (Geralt) can brew potions to make him stronger, fight poisons, or even help him see better in the dark. You can also create oils to coat your blades with to better deal with different types of adversaries. The combat is focused around hack and slash combos using two different swords. You have a silver sword that is meant for monsters, and a steel sword that is meant for humans. The great thing about this mechanic is that the damage difference is very apparent when you are not using the right sword for the right enemy. Geralt can also use some magic as well, he has a mana pool that becomes depleted when using magic. While his spells are limited, you can strengthen them overtime by developing the skill tree. The Witcher 2 isn't exactly an open world game because the story does lead you on a linear path of locations. However, within each area of the game, there is a large area to explore and sidequests that can be completed. The Witcher 2 is full of loot and the inventory menu is similar to Dragon Age: Origins' inventory, with a weight limit to carry and whatnot. I found all of the different menus and crafting selections to be a bit overwhelming and confusing at first, but once you get into the swing of things you become very comfortable with how it all works. My favorite aspect of the Witcher 2 is the choices that you make and how they drastically affect your story. There are 2 main branches in the story, and they are both very different with different missions and interactions between characters. This adds a lot of replay value to the game.

Story: 9/10
The Witcher 2 is based off some books, and this is a game that can be played without playing the original game. I never played the first (PC only) and I was able to follow along with the story fairly well. The game starts with an epilogue that explains previous events in good detail and lets you know what is going on. The plot of the game does good with it's twists and moral dilemmas. You are forced to think on you feet and make decisions that have an impact on the story. Your purpose in this game is to clear your name. You are to hunt down the assassin of the king, as the assassin framed you into the situation to make it look as if you were guilty.

Length: 8.5/10
The game itself is probably 20-25 hrs in length. You may be able to squeez another 5 hrs in from side quests, but the game seems to get over in a quick way. Luckily, the choices you make have a big effect on the game and this allows you to go back and play through the game once more. I just wish the game was a bit longer.

Fantastic visuals, great character models, as well as some different environments, and everything is crisp and clear. I didn't see any sort of texture problems in my playthrough of the game.

Some good characters make the game even more enjoyable. Most notably is Geralt of Rivia--the Witcher, and the character you play as. He makes comments that will make you chuckle, and he doesn't take shit from anyone. He is calm and cool, but also deadly, and a good talker. Then there is Dandelion, a bard and a womanizer who likes to tell stories about the two of battle monsters and pick up the chicks. He provides some comedic relief for the game. Another thing I enjoyed about the game is the choice of villains. Throughout the game, you never really are sure who you are supposed to be fighting. The villain changes a few times throughout the story, and it can be left up to for interpretation. Who do you dislike? Who do you want to kill? Who don't you trust? The fact that each character is unique and has their own agenda and personality really adds flavor to the game.

Music/Sound: 8/10
A great soundtrack, and it comes free with the game. You can't beat that. The game has a good mixture of upbeat fast tracks, mixed with some slow sooting tracks. I enjoyed the soundtrack, and I think it only benefitted the game.
----------------------
Pros
--Fast paced action and a great inventory of menus
--A unique and compelling story
--Beautiful visuals
--Unique characters
--Great Soundtrack
--Making choices is a big part of the game
----------------------
Cons
--Menus can be a bit confusing at first
--Story seemed a bit short
--No other cutscenes like the beginning cutscene
--------------------
Overall The Witcher 2 is a great game that should be played by and RPG lover. The story is great as is the experience. But beware, this game is rated mature for a reason, there is plenty of nudity and language to be found in this game.
**9/10** Currently my #8 favorite game of all time, right behind Skyrim
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:02 am

The Amazing Spider-Man Review:

My woods On:
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:41 am

your woods on? You get a hard on for spiderman?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm

In fact I DO! lol.

Oh ps, if you glance at my review on my blog, I'm starting to use my own pix to further illustrate my point with my 'words'. I know you do a lot of reviews and it seems like you have fun doing it, if you ever get as elaborate as I do, I highly recommend getting yourself a video recorder. I never thought logging gaming would be so essential... just a random thought.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:23 pm

are you saying my reviews are boring to read without pictures? jk
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

No. In fact i believe I am one of the few who can still read reviews without pictures. However, I do find the pass time of putting pictures and words in one concurring though process quite fun. Just sharing the knowledge and experience and hinting that logging personal gaming is quite fun. That is all. lol.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:40 pm

My Second DLC review:

Mass Effect 3: Leviathan
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:33 am

Might do a review on the Metal Gear series soon, just trying to decide if I should wait till I get my own video game capture program or go by text.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 am

Nice review Erel, I haven't even had time to download the dlc yet.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 am

Must be back to school stuff, isn't it? But thanks. Worth the fun as I mentioned, my friend.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:27 pm

yes. School and football are consuming my life.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:47 am

After sparsely giving this review some attention in the course of a few days, I'm finally done.

My Words on: Darksiders II
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 am

RE6. Argh.

My Words On
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down