FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Mass Effect Spoiler thread EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mass Effect Spoiler thread

+2
The Cap'n
Erel
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mass Effect Spoiler thread Empty Mass Effect Spoiler thread

Post by Erel Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:23 am

Um. Anyone else feeling slightly.... not satisfied? I still love the game to death but....
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect Spoiler thread Empty Re: Mass Effect Spoiler thread

Post by The Cap'n Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Everything up to the ending was amazing. I mean, combat was so tight and fun, the story was so well written. Hell, I saw Tali's face! But that ending was so melodramaric and fucked up but I can appreciate what the writers did. They didn't want a sunshine and lollipops ending but I don't feel satisfyed in the end. Some people say there's a different ending for a second playthrough but I'm not that sure about it. But I'll be going through a second time for new choices and to finish up the last of my trophies, I need like 3 more.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:04 am

Please don't misconstrue. I LOVE the game. And I honestly believe, Amarant that this is the first time you and I will have a game that you and I have a 98.9% agreeing rate. Everything you said I agree upon.

And yes I do not think that the ending was conveyed the way an epic trilogy's end should be. But I do like the fact that it wasn't smiles and sunshines. I already knew that Shepard wasn't goin to make it. However I just expected less loose ends. I felt that they could've gone into what the characters did, who survived etc. It still makes no sense to me that Tali was in the Normandy in the ending sequence when she was in my party at the last stage. I would've been more okay with her as part of the casualty so at least she died with her boyfriend. But no... She is stuck in a strange planet away from the other Quarians...

And seeing her face and finding her attracting was one of the best feeling in the series!

I love this game. I'll probably go through 2 more play through with 2 more characters. As most western RPG i create 3 characters. One has to be on insanity for sure.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:43 pm

I had a feeling Shepard would die but he didn't with my choice. He lived. But what you said with tying things up is what I wanted to happen. The ending is so short and there's nothing to help tie up some ends, BTW, why did the Normandy go crazy? That's my big question. I mean you have the three choices of how to end the war but they all end almost exactly the same. I didn't know what to think of the ending I picked so I checked on youtube on the other 2 and there is honestly nothing different. At least with the first two games you can kill the counsil and keep the Collector Base but in this game I feel that there's nothing that's worth saying. My choice didn't really seem like it mattered because either way the Normandy crashes for some random ass reason when no other ship acted like that then thegang is standed on a random ass planet to die lol.

I'm fine with the ending they did but it felt rushed, I wanted more. I would have even liked seeing the Reapers just trashing the army you pick but there was nothing. The reapers split from whatever choice you make, the end. I'mnot satisfyed with the ending but I'm not going to got ballostic like that charity. You heard about it right? Angry fans want Bioware to make a DLC for a "better ending" to ME3. What's your thoughts since you finished it?
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:55 pm

I saw 2 out of three ending. The paragon (left) and the middle. Like you said there was no damn difference. The only fucking thing different was a godamn color scheme. Red, Blue, and Green energy chasing you. The middle one though got Joker and EDI possibly being the one to remake a new generation. lol.

I was going to ask you the same question about Normandy. I have no clue what the hell is going on.

There is one major thing about ME2 I felt was superior against ME3 and this piece in my blog better defines my feelings:

Roninfist blog

Yeah we all knew that there was going to be this last stage pivotal point of the game with lots of fire, return fire, some biotic waves and a whole horde full of collectors, but the real fun and flavor of the last part for me is the way one can choose how to delegate tasks to certain characters before the final battle. This is the part where one just can't pick a random character from the party to fulfill a critical mission. One must know how the character is and what his/her forte is. There was a part where one must know who has the command presence of a leader (Garrus for me) to lead a second squad while Shepard handles a certain mission. An area where certain control panels must be hacked to give a fighting edge (Tali!) and the player must choose a character that has the forte for tinkering. A biotic expert to shield the party from one of the Collectors' main weapons (I believe I picked Samara or Miranda; I forgot. Or maybe Jack). These choices were so critical for the mission that those sequences will either fail and the character placed will die if picked poorly, or succeed if the proper person was picked. Of course the main pivotal point of victory hangs on the player's hands as s/he commands his/her version of Commander Shepard.

Then of course we get the final boss battle. A gargantuan human reaper harvested by the Collectors from the missing population of many colonies. That part on its own was fun as hell and on insanity a challenge! Along the way of course there was no lack of battle as the Collectors poured themselves left and right to try and prevent Shepard and his team from succeeding. To me it was just plain fun. It was an epic RPG feel of a final stage, last boss, with the real flare of adding in some side characters' crucial roles. Mass Effect 3 lacked that. The last part was for sure full of action, but I felt like there wasn't as much side character involvements.

Full rant in here

Beside that I also feel like it was rushed. So much loose ends and I don't know what the hell the crew did and I felt so disconnected from them. But on the topic of the 'Charity/petition' for a better ending; on my standpoint I'm not totally against the idea of them adding details to the ending. I don't want them to change it, I just want more details! I just have this feeling where the company ran out of money at the very end and just plopped it on the table as it s. But like you I'm not going to bring picket signs and knock on Bioware's door or scream curses that the gaming gods burn the people who decided to end the game the way it did. And I mean, holy hell some fans are even going as far as putting the complain on Federal Trade Commission because they feel like they were a given a product that did not meet its advertisement. They felt like it wasted hours of their lives (some extremes anyway). I say, get the fuck over the dread cloud. Some of these people are hooting and hollering because they did not like the last 10 min of the game when the whole damn time they were crying and pissing their pants as the game kept rolling on. I think it's going too far in the spectrum.

While ME3 is far form the perfection when it comes to the ending, it is still a game note worthy as one of the best games in this generation. It certainly improved upon its predecessors and greatly turned my opinion about the multiplayer. The potency of the story, the zestful flavor of the species' history as well as the individual squad members' (most of them) addition to an already bamf main character, and the great gameplay that is fast paced with RPG elements, well... I don't see how I can start a cult just on my last 10 min. Yes it was a pivotal point since it was the conclusion, but hell, to quote Tali: "It was totally worth it".

So I might sign the petition, but that's how far Ill take it. I love and respect the game too much to freakin do back flips and scream obscenities til my throat runs dry.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Maybe I'm the only one not so upset with the ending. Did I love it? No, I would like to see the crew survive and have jello shots at the bar and have a grand ole time, but that isn't how it always works. Bioware's goal was for us to remember the ending, and I will always remember it. It was tragic, and it did have closure for me anyways.

I chose the middle ending, where synthetics and organics merge. I only think I didn't get was that the relays were destroyed, and I didn't think they would be in this ending. Other than that, it made sense to me, Reapers are gone, and it is a new start to life. I guess I just figured the whole crew died bc they said everyone was decimated, but who knows?

I didn't want the game to be a tragedy, but who does? It was so perfect, and the tragedy is what brings the story to life in my opinion. The moments with your squad mates in this game were perfect. Garrus was my right hand man till the end, and the part about shooting with him on the Citadel was awesome. Losing Legion was one of the toughest things for me to do during the game. I loved his character, and I literally felt the burden of destroying an entire race, but I felt like it had to be done. One thing is for sure, and that is this game left me emotionally drained. Laughter "this gun needs more calibrations" sadness, joy, sorrow. Everything.

The multiplayer is also fun, bc even though it forces you to play it, I found it entertaining. I love this game, even if I don't have sunshine and rainbows at the end of it. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from 13-2's ending.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 pm

It's not the tragedy that are upsetting Amarant and myself. IT's the lack of flavor that it had. It felt like it was just rushed. Like I said, I didn't expect it to end all happy, but for a game having such a great delivery from ME1 and even to ME3 (except for the last 15 min) the ending sure had a lot of holes.

Reread our comments Zack, I'm sure you'll find my statements on how I thought it was a good ending, just not very well executed.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:43 pm

I guess my thing is I've heard all of these complaints from different media outlets about how bad it is and omg they need to redo it. Well, to me it wasn't ideal, but I definitely wouldn't complain for them to redo it, I agree with your Tali standpoint, but for me I had the Joker/EDI ending, so it made sense.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, synthesis seemed like the absolute true ending for the game because it forever ends the cycle with the Reapers but I'd like some more oomph from the rest of the cast. I didn't understand that right before Shepard gets blown apart by Harbinger's laser, where did the rest of my party go? Tali and Garrus were with me right then and there and then all of a sudden they're on the Normandy without a scratch. The ending felt rushed and I wanted more. I craved to see how my decision impacted anyone. I mean, without Shepard, the Reapers would have killed EVERYONE. I wanted to know how the Galaxy has been impacted with not only the Mass Relay's destruction but if you did choose synthesis, how does that effect everyone? I mean, you become part synthetic. I wanted more than just Joker and the crew in the middle of fucking nowhere, roll credits, old man talking to grandson. I mean, the very very end was fine, I liked "The Shepard" legend. But I wanted more. But because of the raging fans, we're going to get a sunshine and lollipops ending and that doesn't fit the theme of ME3.

I mean, straight from the beginning you realize that Shepard can't save everyone! And that's the drive he has as a character and impacts the player straight from the start. So the ending makes sense that Shepard would sacrifice himself in order to prevent the Reaper cycle from ever returning but again I will say it, FEED ME. I want an ending, not 5 seconds of loose ends. I want a good chunk of things tied up. The reaction of the aliens who couldn't return to their home worlds because the mass relay's are toast. I mean, they have got to say something because you spend the whole game getting everyone's homes back and then it's gone in a second. The Quarian's and Geth just got together on Rannoch, the Krogans and Turrians are at peace and it's all gone. It kind of makes me feel that everything I did was for nothing. With a short tie in, I'd be so much more satisfied but Bioware seems to be making a "Good" ending and that doesn't fit ME3's theme.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 pm

I understand what you are saying, and most fans want a new ending. Like you, I don't need something that makes everything good or keeps Shepherd alive. I guess I had a different perspective on my end bc my ending had Joker and EDI, neither who was with me in battle. If I had Tali in my party at the end and saw the ending with her, that would have pissed me off too, but that wasn't the case for me, so I see your point.

On another note, did Legion simply just lose power and die in your playthrough? I think it was tougher for me to see him die, bc during his upload, I stopped him, and he grabbed me and tried to kill me, which is when Tali took her omnitool and stabbed Legion, his dying words were asking if he had a soul, it just felt so somber, and I think that is why is stuck with me so much.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 pm

The Cap'n wrote: I didn't understand that right before Shepard gets blown apart by Harbinger's laser, where did the rest of my party go? Tali and Garrus were with me right then and there and then all of a sudden they're on the Normandy without a scratch.

This is one of my biggest qualms. Along with the lack of good details and the anti climatic final battle.

Dragon Age did a thing that depending on your interactions with the characters is what they will write about in the ending for a particular character. The party member gets an ending picture a whole text about them. I mean, they could've done that, right?

But I think people are fucking retards for wanting a godamn sunshine ass ending.

@Zack: And I didn't get that result, Zack with Legion. It was a peaceful end for the two. Legion died, but not by Tali's hand. He had to sacrifice himself so the rest of the Geth could gain his intelligence. Tali ended up mentioning how she was grieving for him. Wow... that's a godamn teary eye way for Legion to go. way to go Tali, you freakin hott Quarian you!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:19 pm

that's why it meant more to me I think. A peaceful death isn't such a big deal, but the way he went out in my playthrough was pretty dramatic.

I'm thinking the best way for Bioware to approach this is to do an expansion of sorts that ties together the loose ends, rather than re-doing the ending. Take your save data, including the ending you chose, and have it carry over into the expansion.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:07 am

the main thing i didn't like about this game was the fact you couldn't do the Galaxy at war part unless you were online... >_<... thanks to that no matter how many assets i got... my rating wasn't gonna go above even.. >_<....

so far i only did one ending... the middle one....
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 pm

you need to get online my man, thats the way gaming is gonna be from here on out. like it or not
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Guys, fucking read these. If this is true, then Bioware is not only written the greatest video game twist ever written. They are also assholes and if this theory is indeed true for doing DLC for the "new ending," then I will hate Bioware forever.

Read this first...
http://uninhibitedandunrepentant.tumblr.com/post/19344938387/mind-holy-fuck

Now, read this one. WATCH THE VIDEO. It's important. It's 20 minutes long so dedicate serious time to this.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/03/21/did-the-real-mass-effect-3-ending-go-over-everyones-heads/

My mind is blown. Even if the new endings don't follow this, I will believe in this ending more than the new one.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:51 pm

ahh the indoctrination theory, I have seen this for a while now, and bits and pieces of it certainly make sense, is that what really happened? I have no idea, but Bioware did want to make ppl talk about the ending.....I would say they were successful.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:17 pm

This game is amazing as is, but if the indoctrination theory is truly what Bioware intended, then it is just fucking genius, the best writing in history of games maybe, talk about deep stuff
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:36 am

I have read that in another forum. I wanted to bring it up, but wasn't quite sure how valid it was or if it was merely a fan fabrication... but the twist is rather mind blowing.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:55 pm

well it is confirmed: a dlc featuring an epilogue and some scenes will be released this summer for free to make everyone happy. I just hope this quiets down all of the hatred. 1. It is free, 2. Bioware didn't have to do this. 3. If the indoctrination theory is true, there is no need for an epilogue imo
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:00 am

I would like to have an epilogue just to show what and who survived and how our actions affected them and the whole entire galaxy.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm

sounds like thats what we will get, so what choices did everyone make?
I chose synthesis.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Synthesis. Seemed like just choice. I will pick the renegade choice as my Sentinel though.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri May 04, 2012 1:23 pm

here I thought that ME did a good job with the romance, the Witcher 2 makes ME sex scenes look tame. I was recently doing a quest and one of the dwarves commented on a sorceress getting busy with another female as "lesbomancy" that made me chuckle.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri May 04, 2012 1:40 pm

LOL!!!!!!! Wow. I seriously want an Xbox360.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri May 04, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm actually kind of surprised that the Witcher 2 didn't get a PS3 port. It was a PC exclusive after all, I would have thought that it would get ported to both consoles
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next