FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings Empty For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:19 pm

So there I was when I decided to look up a web archive which makes copies of websites and stores them in its database, so I typed in the name of our old site, and got this, best of all, we can interact with it...........too a certain extent. (gets a little emotional about it.)

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ffdebate.com
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings Empty Re: For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings

Post by BLEH Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:43 pm

*starts crying*

i miss the site....

*looks at last archive*

holy hell! 6,420 members!!!!!

*faints*
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings Empty Re: For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:55 pm

yeah its a shame they werent all there, just a few of us. first forum i ever signed up for that i stayed at for any length of time
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:02 pm

i wish i'd had a internet connection at home back then.... i would've not been away so much....
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Well there are things that aren't in your control.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:17 am

We were only active for three years? Felt a lot longer. T.T

It didn't have anything to do with activity the way I heard it. vBulletin shut it down because the owner gave it away without signing anything and they thought he stole it from the original owner and they shut it down without warning. That's the way I heard it, anyway.

I sure do miss that place, though.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:34 am

yeah... it did feel longer....

i remembered something though whil i was looking at the archives.... i was the 9th member lol....

and i was around before the forum became vBulletin and was just the ff-fan forum..... (thats why i was a supermod from day one.... cuz i was one on the previous forum)
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:07 am

I joined the late part of the year it opened, didn't become a Mod for a while, I regret it, though. Wish I waited.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm

i signed up in 2006, actually a couple months after FFD first went online.......didn't become a moderator until 2007.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 am

I don't even remember when I got promoted. O.o
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 am

ehehe, i think i got promoted because i was a stickler for the rules, and in this day and age while I still enjoy some degree of order, i like a lax nature and environment.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm

God, I wish I could look at some of the posts. I remember some of this stuff but not enough of it.

*Looks back at the old days of trying to be an internet tough guy*
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:12 pm

I wish i could have read that thread titled "FFD...A family" i was the last person to post in it and i wanted too see what i had to say.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:51 pm

I still remember the Flame War, that was just fucking ridiculous. Who was that one douche mod who was the one doing the most banning? I remember a thread me and Zack were on and Zack said something about basketball players and the instant ban-hammer was dropped on him.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Oh.........that was Jimi, guy couldn't take negative criticism to save his life.
However in all fairness I will say that before the flame war he was pretty cool....
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 pm

None of us could, to be fair. Only a select few of the mods really deserved their positions...
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:19 pm

To be honest i think that mods shouldn't be promoted on level of activity or how nice they are, but on how well they can analyze a situation and make a rational decision based on what the situation is presented with. Of course the other two are nice to have because having inactive mods or mods that have a nasty attitude don't normally last long.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:19 am

More than 50% of the mods on FFD got their positions because they simply asked for it, there was one mod that had only 30 or so posts and was already a moderator. Never heard from her after that.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Most Mod positions are given to people you know. When I made my old failed forum, I trusted a good friend of mine and a guy I knew on a prior site to be admins. My friend logged on once a week, sent me a PM to a funny video then logged off while the other was going behind my back to makes changes to the forum he saw just but I did not want them.

When you get a good mod, it's really something to feel good about because you can trust them being active, follow the rules, friendly, good at making decisions for the site as a whole and not what people like and can also lay down the ban hammer if someone does something stupid. I never got someone like that on my websites and they crashed because I had to be Mr. Hardass and throw them out. People started to hate me because I was pissed and they left.

Let's be honest, FFD was a joke with more than half it's mods and laying down on the rules. For the half a year I was there, the site was a jumbled mess of joke Mods who did little to the site and became drunk with power while the really good mods get flammed for trying to make things better and spend more than half their day on their computer fixing stupid shit, deleting flame topics and posts, banning members for breaking rules too many times and unbanning members because they did nothing wrong. The Flame War was of course the biggest thing that happened with this shit but it was DAYS before things were fixed because none of the staff aside from our good ol' boys n' girls, cared about the site. Hell, the site's CREATOR LEFT! Without warning! TGD had to become head admin and was left with no passwords or codes so the site couldn't stay alive. He couldn't even tell when the site's expiration date was so when the site crashed, we were confused as fuck as to what happened. It's lack of involvement like that that makes a site not worth saving because of its poor structure. Sure, it was home for us but it was a refrigerator box that had holes the size of bowling balls in it. I do miss some of the old users, I miss the topics we had and I miss the community of it but this collection of guys here are the ones who cared enough about FFD to try and collect us together again so we can still keep our home alive. The others? Fuck 'em. If they cared, they would have tried to get into contact with us and when they joined here, they don't make 2 posts a YEAR then vanish and act like we love them for the little impact they make one us.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Well said, brother, and I'll admit that I was one of the shittier mods there. Of course, I was young and oh, so ignorant. Now, I have a pretty good view of right and wrong, but I still think that I have a lot to learn and I'm pretty sincere when I say I'm not ready for a leader position. My main intent for this site was to rally what was left of the dedicated members (few and far between as we are) of FFD. My last intent was to become the admin, but it makes me feel honored that you guys call me worthy of the position, so I have no intention of letting you guys down.

I am still young, so I'm bound to make a few errors along the way, but I promise that I'll try my hardest, guys. Smile
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:08 pm

this worked wonders for me when I was in high school, and i'l share some of my personal experience with you, when it comes to being a site mod, you should give some thought to it, but at the same time, you don't want to put TOO much thought into it, cause if you do you'll burn out and get nothing done, thats how I passed my 12th grade english class with an..........87 I think it was.

Actually, thinking back to my times as a junior mod, I must have been the biggest stickler for the rules EVER, at first it was just for my own little section of the site, which was The Lounge and then George Street, then when I was promoted to super-mod i tried to memorize ALL the rules for all the sections, and my first job trying to enforce them, that didn't go so well, as i got literally e-bitched at (sorry for the language) for trying to enforce the old rule that said "Only when all RP members are online is posting allowed to commence." Good times those were, but now i only try to enforce the rules only when someone does something stupid, which hasn't happened yet, awe hell what am I saying, of COURSE its happened, but its not breaking any rules, so deleting the post would be unfounded.........of course I do delete the occasional dead topic with no replies in it.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:28 pm

The Cap'n wrote: I miss the topics we had and I miss the community of it but this collection of guys here are the ones who cared enough about FFD to try and collect us together again so we can still keep our home alive. The others? Fuck 'em. If they cared, they would have tried to get into contact with us and when they joined here, they don't make 2 posts a YEAR then vanish and act like we love them for the little impact they make one us.

actually most of the community got split, and most went with Jimi's little posse to FFDiscussion, which finally has died.
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Leonknight wrote:
The Cap'n wrote: I miss the topics we had and I miss the community of it but this collection of guys here are the ones who cared enough about FFD to try and collect us together again so we can still keep our home alive. The others? Fuck 'em. If they cared, they would have tried to get into contact with us and when they joined here, they don't make 2 posts a YEAR then vanish and act like we love them for the little impact they make one us.

actually most of the community got split, and most went with Jimi's little posse to FFDiscussion, which finally has died.
Jimi unlocked an Achievement!
For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings Achievement
(these things are addictive!)

Seriously though on another note, that little stunt right there left FFD with about 2 or 3 active super mods, TWO!
Not to mention the fact that the little "Who's Online" GIF he's using I lent him when he made the freaking site!
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:09 am

I'm stopping this discussion here if you guys are going to rant about Jimi or anyone else.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:30 pm

For those of us with Nostalgic Feelings Untitled

Good idea, anyway, during our time on FFD, I never really got into RPing, I tried it, didn't quite work out, and I've been trying to start one here, but I honestly think i can't RP worth crap.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum