FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Reborn EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Reborn EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Reborn EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Reborn EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Reborn EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Reborn EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Reborn EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Reborn EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Reborn EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Reborn

5 posters

Go down

Reborn Empty Reborn

Post by ~Kimcora~ Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:39 pm

It was an era of darkness.
A time where two gods controlled the mortal world.
One presided over death, the taking away of souls.
The other presided over life, the granting of new souls.
Mortals looked to these gods to protect the order of the natural balance between life and death.
But one day that balance was upset.
New, tainted souls began restoring themselves in the forms of horrible beasts and death gripped the mortals under a veil of destruction.
The mortals prayed to the gods for guidance an solution to this mysterious growing terror.
The gods gave their response to a select few.
Those who received death's blessing to take life were known as Blades.
Those who received life's blessing to reanimate souls were known as Creators.
Those blessed with death's ability to seal wandering souls were known as Sealers.
Those blessed with life's ability to restore souls were known as Fates.
These warriors were divided by both sides of the spectrum and the mortal world soon discovered that a war between gods had begun.
Would the world stay warped in it's dark abyss?
Or would there be some light of hope?

Kay that’s kind of the description for this RP, anyone is welcome and feel free to choose from these four catagories. Yes you must pick a side, The God of Life or the God of Death. No, none of these sides is truly an evil one, it depends on your perspective and that of the mortals who don’t really like either side:

Death-

Blades: They are deaths warriors that are characterized by their ruthless strength and physical attacks used to shatter souls but not completely destroy them. They possess the ability to tap into deaths magic for enhancements in their fighting but can’t cast high level offensive or defensive magic and it also costs a lot of stamina. Their weakened by magic and are susceptible to necromancy and possession (Explained in Fates).

Sealers: They are considered the banishers of souls and the magical counterpart of Blades, a gift and a curse that comes with such a power. They alone possess the ability to truly destroy a soul, tainted or not, but can’t do so without first weakening it (so in other words you can’t just outright destroy a monster unless the Blades have done their job or you have weakened it yourself).They are able to use defensive and offensive magic but specialize in one element. They are weak against physical attacks and are susceptible to possession but not necromancy.

Life-

Creators: They are life’s warriors that are the midway point between the new tainted souls and mortals. Mostly brute strength they also possess the ability to use a bit of low level offensive magic. They are characterized mostly by having the features of a certian beast (like horns, ears, tails, wings, ect.). They are weak against offensive magic as well but have an immunity to possession but not necromancy.

Fates: They are the magical counter parts to Creators. Their powers are centered around healing and revival in certain cases. But their most amazing gift is the power of necromancy and possession. They can bring back souls that haven’t yet been banished under their control and can even possess others when they are close to death. They are weak however to physical damage and cannot use offensive magic, only defensive magic, and can’t be controlled by necromancy but can be possessed.

Your character is not almighty, remember they are still human so they can die, be injured and can only be revived by Fates. And Fates, don’t let necromancy or possession go to your head. This character comes with a set of rules that need to be adhered to. If you’re planning to use necromancy on another RPers character, that person’s character needs to be legit dead and the RPer needs to be willing to let you control them (meaning you’re going to have to rely on the other person’s cooperation *which still conforms to the rules of no god mod-ing*). Same goes with possession of another RPers character meaning they’ll have to approve working with your character as well. I’ll try to keep a handle on that situation but that will only work if there is clear understanding and dual effort.

Kay the character biographies are in the basic outline:

Name:
Bio: (history and personality)
Type: (your classification)
Abilities/Weapons: (magic if you’re a Sealer or a Fate)

(Let’s try to keep it a maximum of two characters per person till the ball gets rolling on the story. Kay if there’s any questions you can post them here or PM me and I’ll try to explain it to the best of my abilities.)

~~~
Name: Katsuo
Appearance: Reborn Avatar37669_21gif
Bio: Katsuo never asked for this ability neither did he particularly want it. It more or less chose him at a young age, and he was brought into the royal family for the soul purpose of using his abilities to protect the crown prince. When a tragic incident leads to him waking up in a bloodied throne room with the prince dead and no recollection of what had happened before, he is forced into the war between the gods. He is competitive but is quite dispassionate about his job despite the attention he receives for being a Blade. He dislikes being bound to a single place or a set of rules and usually speaks sarcastically and without much regard for whom he offends.
Type: Blade
Abilities/ Weapons: Katsuo, being a Blade, choses to use a pair of dual swords that bear the brunt of most of his defense and attack.

********important**********
I just realized I left a huge gap in the story behind the whole tainted souls thing.
Ah well, the tainted souls were created by the imbalance of life and death, as souls that werent able to move on after death. so technically they need to be either controlled or dead so they don't cause more trouble. Um life people kinda do that, in a way. They are able to control these tainted souls and are able to purify them, but once purified the souls just turn to power for Life, the Fates and Creators. However if they aren't purified by life (aka if they don't take power from them) then they are still raging beasts (think heartless from kingdom hearts but with a bigger bite to them *stupid analogy I know~*). So that's kinda the big despute here, life wants to take back in these souls for power while also using these creatures as weapons to conquer death. Death wants them to burn in hell so she can put lifes ass back in place. It doesn't make much sense, I know but i basically had to create a life side to give the rp more diversity because the game it's based off of only focuses on Death's side of the story. Um, Creators are like half of a tainted soul and still mortal. Fates can control tainted souls like soldiers and technically turn them back to regular souls for power. I hope this kinda clears things up. Sorry I totally didn't have a good plan for this till like 3 days ago.
I hope this clears things up...

Last edited by ~Kimcora~ on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : The creator and fates were kinda underdeveloped...my bad)
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Reborn Empty My Character

Post by Dracobelle13 Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Name: Akiko
Appearance: link (Slight change of Akiko having black hair with blue highlights and her eyes are silver)
Bio: As a young girl, Akiko was considered worthless by her family. She would work hard at everything she did, but would only be scolded and criticized. Then, one day, she discovered her abilities and finally thought that her parents were see her as something special. Instead, they saw her as nothing but a freak and cast her out of the house. Sad and alone, Akiko took to a life as a wanderer, learning to control her abilities and try to do "good". She is very friendly and active, sometimes even TOO hyper active. She is very caring, but she also has a bit of a temper created from pent up frustration from her past life. She will fight for her friends and looks down upon those who betray others.
Type: Sealer
Abilities/Weapons: Magic. Specific Element: Lightning (Due to her random and extremely active personality)

Last edited by Dracobelle13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add something. >->)
Dracobelle13
Dracobelle13

Back to top Go down

Reborn Empty Re: Reborn

Post by BLEH Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 pm

(if i feel like i'd be able to participate... i will try (not a very good Rp'er anymore.. -.-))

i have a question... if this rp contains weapons and fighting... shouldn't this rp go into the 'dark rp' section?... i'm just wondering because if you look at Nemo's character template thing it says next to the weapons section 'uneeded for light rp'... and all other rp sections i've seen on other sites were dark rp's were for fighting rp's and light rp's were for just adventures with minimal fighting....

of course i could be wrong about the rp rules on this site... lol... if i am just ignore me.... >_>
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Hmm, that is a good point. Well I've always been a light RPer and I think I did one RP that was kinda like this (Darker Temptation) that had alot of fighting in it that qualified for a Light RP. I wasn't planning for this to have blood and gore and stuff and it kinda is an adventure if you look at it from a certain vantage point-anyways now I don't know just how much fighting will be in this but if it needs to be moved to the Dark Rp section I can gladly do that to meet the sites rules (sorry but I'm not a very good judge of this sort of stuff)

Oh! And you're welcome to join it if that's what you were asking previously. Trust me I'm not the best RP'er I just wanted to have fun with this.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by BLEH Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:55 pm

i'm not a big judge on these type of things myself to be honest... i was just curious about it due to previous experience lol...

if i feel like i can make a workable character then i'll join in... i tend to have difficulty doing that lately >_<
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 pm

No prob, I'll ask someone if it's okay for LP.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by Aka Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 pm

hey ^^ this Appropriate for light rp as long as the graphics do not get gory.
Thanks for asking questions. I appreciate your help in doing a mods job ^^.
Aka
Aka

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:35 am

name: Meago
Appearence: http://hellobaby.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0#/d3d8cqr ((dont have time to draw something lols)) only difference is that she had two large horns and folded down cow ears.
Bio: Trained in a high temple to be a creator. the only enjoyment she has gotten from her life was her time of meditation with the monks. the rest was work, but she knew nothing else. she can be miss judged as being to harsh, especially by her own side, she is considered an assassian because no one can stand her long enough to work with her. her weapons consist of two jaded double sided dagger blades that when not in use attach to a holster on her back. her most common long range attack is using them like a boomerang.
Type: Creator
Abilities : Fighter style.

((sorry this took me so freakin long! ive been workin so much o.o lol))
+AmA+
+AmA+

http://kyuketsuki-001.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down