FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
weapons/guns at home EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
weapons/guns at home EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
weapons/guns at home EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
weapons/guns at home EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
weapons/guns at home EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
weapons/guns at home EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
weapons/guns at home EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
weapons/guns at home EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
weapons/guns at home EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

weapons/guns at home

+3
Tainted Dreamz
Leonknight
Just_Smile
7 posters

Go down

weapons/guns at home Empty weapons/guns at home

Post by Just_Smile Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:55 am

I'm just wondering what you guys think of people having guns in their home.

It gives me the creeps, seriously.. I heard (and read) a lot of people in the US have weapons like guns at their home. I even read about a 11-year old shooting his mother with a gun for kids !!!!! Come oooon, that's ridiculous !
Here in Belgium it's forbidden (not if you're licensed), but I had read an article about a journalist testing how easy it was to get one. I believe he had walked 3 hours in Brussels and found people who deal illegal weapons. He could get a very strong gun (a machine gun, if I could remember) for €3000 ...

About a year ago, there was a documentary on tv of guns in America. People who had one, got shot by their own guns when other people tried to break into their house. It's not safe at all... (and DON'T get me wrong !!!! I don't blame anyone)
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

weapons/guns at home Empty Re: weapons/guns at home

Post by Leonknight Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:00 am

I do have a gun at my house, but it is under lock and key in a safe box. Do have the key near tho just in case. I do not mind people who have one for their own protection, because you may never know who might try to break in or something. Personally I believe Knives are a way better tool for protection, hell even a simple Taser is better than both of those.

People want to feel secure and sometimes knowing that you have a firearm in the house gives people that reassurance that they need
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:32 pm

I have a shotgun and a machete in my house. You could say it's there incase of a Zombie apocalypse, but that would sound way more cooler then why we actually keep it. It's there incase we need it for protection and with the place we live being a place that's renown for murders and drug users, I feel a little safer at night knowing they're there.

Otherwise we just have them for decoration Razz
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:12 pm

I grew up with a military policeman for a stepfather, so I'm pretty much used to being around guns and knives in the house and on the road. Personally, I feel much safer around knives than I do guns, simply because I'm paranoid and don't trust them, but I've never been much of a gun person, anyway.

Although, growing up in my household, I've learned to appreciate safety better when being exposed to the tools that deal out the most harm and seeing what they can do. I've never been allowed to touch them unless someone breaks in, but I've been shown a few ropes at the gun ranges, so I'm capable of protecting myself and others should that actually happen.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:04 am

I have a couple of shotguns....but they are meant for hunting, I don't believe in the need for handguns at home...unless you are licensed, which 90 percent who have them aren't
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:09 am

Its a protected right in America to have a gun. I have no problem with guns at home, and to be dreadfully honest, If good people can't have guns the only people who'll have them will be criminals.

Sorry, but my family I and don't enjoy sick bastards entering our house.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:57 am

Zane the pure wrote:Its a protected right in America to have a gun. I have no problem with guns at home, and to be dreadfully honest, If good people can't have guns the only people who'll have them will be criminals.

Yeah, but if everyone has a gun, "bad" people have one too..
I'm still not really convinced about its safety. If someone breaks into your house, it's more probably that he will shoot you. Especially if he sees you carry a gun too. And since (a lot of) "good" guysaren't keen on killing another human being... xD
It also wouldn't be the first time if I heard about a kid taking daddy's gun and shooting himself or another family member in a rage. Or someone who breaks into a school....

A few years ago you could also carry a gun under the age of 18 here in Belgium. A (I think 17-years old) boy (Hans Van Themsche) shot a little kid, her African babysitter and a Turkisch woman (she survived). It happened here in Antwerp. Since that time rules got stronger and I think it helps a bit. There are still a lot of accidents, but I really believe in the efficience of hard rules.

Okay, I understand if you live in a dangerous zone (Like Taintie) and you wanna feel safe, or if you're a hunter, you'll aslo need it (but that's a different kind of gun).

I think if you want a weapon, people should really think about it for a time. It is something that can be killed with, and not just a common thingie. I personally can't imagine any of my friends or neighbours have it, haha.

Also as policeman I believe it's necessairy. They often are in dangerous situations, so I think it's normal they should be able to defend themselves.
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:57 pm

good points smiles, how great is a gun in the house (pistols, etc) when you won't even have time to use it in case of a robber. Your better off with a bat or a knife of sorts. If you think (well it will scare them off better with a gun) then have a shotgun like a 22 or a 12 gauge, I promise you that will scare them more anyways, a big ass shotgun is a lot scarier than a handgun that you will never use, it is just there to make you feel better psychologically. Not to mention the ppl that think they are a badass just for having a gun, or like smiles said ppl that bring them to schools or just carry them for the hell of it. Makes no sense, if you want to carry one that bad, go get licensed, most insane ppl aren't licensed to carry a concealed weapon
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 pm

I admit to keeping a 30-30 hanging on a gun rack, and i also admit that its unlocked and not in any way restrained, however I feel that its very safe around people and little children because the ammunition is located elsewhere and i always keep the rifle unloaded, i also keep the bolt open so I can always tell if a shell is in the chamber. Not to mention said little children are allowed in my room where I keep said rifle Yes my storage techniques are awful and I'm not entirely proud of that, however I feel I make up for it by being plenty cautious about keeping it unloaded and kept in a spot where you can't reach without a step ladder.

On to my views about firearms: I feel that most Americans have a gun, or 2 or 3 or 4 depending on where you live, simply because its a protected right, although the chances of actually being able to use it in an actual robbery situation are slim to none, not unless they keep them like I keep mine, anyway, I feel that guns are more of a weapon of the mind than a weapon of the body, Like Zack said, a big ass shotgun is scary (even if its unloaded, but they don't know that.) The one thing I find terrifying about guns is how you can go to pretty much anywhere in the US and buy one, from a simple handgun to a military issue M-16 assault rifle, and although its mostly done from street corners and other illicit means, the fact that you CAN do it makes me wish there were somewhat stricter laws prohibiting the sale and distribution of firearms to people who shouldn't have them, like waiting 60 days, and a more through background check into who's buying them. It should also be mandatory to buy a lock and a gun box at the same time you purchase a gun. Also a limit on how much ammo you can buy at 1 time might help I think.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:58 am

I agree with pretty much all that you said KOS, good stuff
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Zack'sCloud wrote:I agree with pretty much all that you said KOS, good stuff
I admit i made most of that up on the fly as I was writing that post, but yeah I feel it would help keep down gun related violence in the country.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum