FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
We need to reach a decision... EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
We need to reach a decision... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
We need to reach a decision... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
We need to reach a decision... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
We need to reach a decision... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
We need to reach a decision... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
We need to reach a decision... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
We need to reach a decision... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
We need to reach a decision... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

We need to reach a decision...

+9
Erel
Tainted Dreamz
Zane the pure
Archangel
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
KOS-MOS-1701-A
Just_Smile
RYCloud92
Claire
13 posters

Go down

We need to reach a decision... Empty We need to reach a decision...

Post by Claire Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:59 pm

I apologize to everyone for not being active, but i have to admit, im not missing much apparently. I'm calling it quits. Since i haven't heard a peep from some of the older members, i assume they've either forgotten about this place, or they have run out of things to discuss.

And i fall in the latter. I've run out of things to say and i'm close to losing interest, honestly. I know at least some of you are still trying to keep this place running and that is why i kept coming back. But we get maybe one post a day, when we'd get no less than 50 or so back in the day. Maybe it's just we've grown bored of the available material and don't have many opinions to offer anymore.

So i think a decision needs to be made, and it is too big for me to make alone. I'm leaving it to the remaining members to decide whther to close down the forum and just keep in touch via email or facebook, or we can start over again and make the forum about gaming in general and not have just Final Fantasy as a majority. So, i want you guys to come to a unanimous decision as to what we should do. I most likely won't be on here to check the verdict, so i'll have zane contact me when you guys know what you want.

I want to say how sorry i am that i have to say this, but it's no secret how dead this forum is and how little we communicate anymore. If you'll let me reminisce for a moment, you might understand. I can remember being 15 and being excited to log in and talk about my favorite gaming franchise of all time every single day. I also remember wanting to see if i had a new message from a friend halfway across the world, but simply because we both thought chocobos would make awesome house pets, we couldn't stop talking to each other.

Lastly, i just remember the passion i had when i posted something that meant lot to me. That passion i had to get my point across has all but fizzled out and all that is left is an indifference of my own opinion becoming known. I'm bored and it saddens me to say that...

Anyway, i hope you guys understand my feelings on this and hopefully that passion can burn bright once again.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

We need to reach a decision... Empty Re: We need to reach a decision...

Post by RYCloud92 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:30 am

I think the main problem is that we all get along with each other too well. Meaning that there isn't enough differing opinion or conflict to put passion into posts or threads. I suppose remaking the forum to be all about gaming in general may widen our boarders and lure new members.

Last edited by RYCloud92 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:05 am

Yeah, I kinda miss the "old days" here ^^'
I'm not 100 % comfortable with shutting this place down, though.. Maybe RY is right.
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:37 am

Honestly, I'm not sure what to say on the matter, it will be upsetting to watch the place go, but like Ry said, part of the problem lies in our tightness. Unfortunately, I really don't know what to say, So, all I can really do is hang in the background and say do what you need to do. However, if the choice is made to remake the forum, you can bet I'd be there, I never leave my friends hanging. (Just remember the RP forums and the tech forum, they might come in handy)
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:02 pm

I follow with what the Pony said, but i fell like this place isnt "dead" per say, It just needs to be reformed and given new life.
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:08 pm

I would hate to see things shut down, and just go away, I am in favor of making a gaming in general forum if that is what it takes to get some new ppl in here, but don't shut it down without another option is my opinion
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Well, I used to be pretty contrary when I started foruming, but If I contradicted someone here I got my ears ripped out.

I mean I could debate stuff with some of you, but due in no small part to the passion, ya take it personally and start to get combative.

If there were a little less over-reaction in arguments, I'd be willing to raise a couple issues.

(that's me trying to say something that hasn't been brought up yet.)
honestly, If you want the place to liven up between us all, look for stuff to talk about and invest the time to keep it going.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Boko_The_Holy_Knight Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Yea, if i we do get another one up and running, i could try and get the 5 other friends of mine together and get them on the new forum, considering we are trying to build our own, but its been stagnating a bit.
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Boko_The_Holy_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 pm

I been hearing a "reformatting" option floating around, can't we just add add an overall gaming section and change the sire url? like others have stated i don't want to see this place die either.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:29 am

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't want this place to be shut down for good. I must say the old days would have been changed because many forum members have grown up now, they're going to college, starting a life of whatever. It tends to happen when you grow up. Don't shut the forum down just because members are occasionally away, we need to keep this place going so I'm up for 'remodelling' the site if we all need to.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:16 am

I was summoned by TGD through PSN in regards to this matter. With great pride I would like to say that I am one of those Veteran Members that Nemo speaks of along with Zack, Amarant, Taintz, Smiles, Ry, Therath, TGD, Aka, and KOS-MOS, Larcy, LeonKnight.... and the list goes on. So despite my lack of motivation or liking to log in this place, here I am in this fork on the road (or end of the road) this forum has been traveling on.

So.... Closing it down or revamping the place huh? Are we all not posting enough because I'm not around to poke and prod on some erotic ****age video game scenario that somehow involves Rikku? Is Amarant not causing enough ruckus or something with his random post on something completely random with his occasional drop of F bombs? I mean come on guys, why would we need to close or revamp this place? It's a cycle, I think. There are times when we will be on religiously, or we'll be fading in our own thing. Life does have a big factor, but that never stopped the 6 or 8 hardcore veterans from coming back.

All I know is that this place is never really meant for large members. not at this time. A low traffic forum equals less post, especially in certain times of the year. But when we are all right and adjusted in our life and we have a spare few moments, I think this place will be alive.

I'm not totally against revamping... but I just want to know, who's responsible for all that work? Nemo? You down? You've done hella shit for this forum, but I'm not sure if you're still up for the work that you may or may not be interested in. You shouldn't have to if you're bored of it. I think that's just more work for anyone in general.

I say we leave it. Deleting it won't serve a purpose for anyone who is still willing to be here and is still posting.

Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:15 am

nicely said Erel, and welcome back, had me worried there for a while
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Aka Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 pm

personally i like the smaller number, but to each there own.

and yeah a lot of us are hella busy this time of the year. after things settle down im sure people will be back to posting and stuff. lol.

i have been a little on and off again but i do post at least 3 too 9 times in the week... just no time for the games.

and yeah long time no see ^^ dont worry Erel ^^ i have been keeping Rikku company at my place ^^LOL
Aka
Aka

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:47 pm

This happens all the time. It's the fall. Summer and Fall always seem like it's the most dead time of the year because we're working, going to school bla bla everyone has said this.

If we need to, I'm fine with a full gaming forum but don't shut this place down. Come on dude, I said that I was leaving for good 2 years ago and yet here I am. Shit happens. I know I ain't abandoning this place anytime soon.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Defo agree with everyone else, I'm not for shutting it down. Remember nemo "You can't give up now! There ain't no gettin' off of this train we on!"
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Changing this place into a full-game forum also looks a good idea Wink (even though I don't know many, haha).

I'd really miss this small and close forum !
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Fantastico Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Hopefully, Cap'n's right and this is just a phase because everyone is busy. I hate to only be repeating what everyone else is saying, but If the forum were to turn into a general gaming forum, I'd be fine with it, we might even be able to get some more people here, which could make the site more active, which is the basic problem we're having anyway. I'd really be disappointed if this place were to shut down altogether.
Super Fantastico
Super Fantastico

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Closing the forum, seems to be out of the option there man. Revamping would be the best idea for everyone. I come and I go, but the truth of the matter closing the forums would make me miss it way too much.

Doesn't help that much that I also have college, and administrative duties on a MMO that I play so both of those take a lot of my time of the day, and the fact that I lost internet for a good 3 weeks there hurt as well.
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down