FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Advent Children Complete EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Advent Children Complete EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Advent Children Complete EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Advent Children Complete EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Advent Children Complete EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Advent Children Complete EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Advent Children Complete EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Advent Children Complete EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Advent Children Complete EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Advent Children Complete

+3
Just_Smile
Erel
RYCloud92
7 posters

Go down

Advent Children Complete Empty Advent Children Complete

Post by RYCloud92 Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Anyone bought it. What do you think

For me I just got it today, watched and have to say it is a vast improvement to the original. They have given Cloud a bit of his optimision back (not completely but a bit), the other extra scenes clear up some original holes, and they even went to the trouble to give Cait Sith his Mog for the opening montage. So if you have a PS3 or blu ray player and a few quid (it was only £10 for me, dont know about america) I'd recommend it, especially if your a fan of Zack.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Advent Children Complete Empty Re: Advent Children Complete

Post by Erel Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:58 am

Do they actually show the other FFVII characters do something else aside from that awesome battel against Bahamut Sin? Because I wanted to see more than just Cloud and more Sephiroth clones. I mean... jeez the Turks got more parts that Vincent!!!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:06 am

Sadly they dont, they do show how Cloud found Denzel, and Vincent is now visible when he rescues Cloud. Strangely one thing that they change was Cids awesome entrance, but Tifa gets a bit more action though . They also show more of Zack (both moments from Crisis Core and some new moments just for Complete).

Last edited by RYCloud92 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:57 pm

I don't think I'm going to buy it (unless it's around €5, but I don't think so xD), but did someone say "Zack" ? >3
That doesn't sound too bad, lol.
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:13 pm

I have no need to buy it then. The main reason why I woild've bought it is if Vincent fought more or Yuffie got naked...
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Square wouldn't do that, Erel. >_> You want a naked Yuffie, find a doujinshi site. Razz

I'm still trying to figure out why Blu-Ray is so "awesome", HD never made a difference for me, it's also why I can't stand the fact that I may never get the chance to watch this, one, I can't find it anywhere, and two, only one of my friends owns a PS3/Blu-Ray player, and his parents don't like me over very often...

I'm still gonna watch this somehow, no matter what it takes, I'm the kind of guy who liked this movie MUCH better than the original game. >_>
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Heh. I hope you know I was being sarcastic about Yuffie's birthday suit being flaunted on AC. Right?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:09 pm

knowing the male species, i did not. :p rikku's better...
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:46 am

Just_Smile wrote:I don't think I'm going to buy it (unless it's around €5, but I don't think so xD), but did someone say "Zack" ? >3
That doesn't sound too bad, lol.

Here ya go, this is what I was talking about

[quore="TherathXRikku"] I'm still trying to figure out why Blu-Ray is so "awesome" [/quote]

Its just a clearer and better image, when you watch one on a hd tv (obviously using the hdmi cables too) you can tell. Having said that I know what you're getting at and I myself prefer standard DVD.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:31 am

DVD is just easier to get ahold of, and obviously watch for people without Blu-Ray players, they cost around $250 'round here. I'm fine if they want to release Blu-Ray AND DVD, but they made ACC Blu-Ray exclusive, which was stupid, imo.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:41 pm

The movie wasn't that great in my opinion so I won't be getting it.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Square is retarded.

Oh sure, additional scenes and they changed a few things. Doesn't change the fact the movie came out 4 fucking years ago and bred some of the most retarded "tR00 ff7 fANz" who have never touched any game in the series and refuse to play the original FF7 because the "gRAfiks SUk". Why the hell did it take them 4 years to fix their fuck up? Why didn't they actually review the original movie, see where they fucked up and fixed it BEFORE releasing it? Were they lazy and just ignored the hundreds of plot holes and filling in the original script with contradicting bullshit or did they just want the fan boys to stop BAAAAWWWWing because the fucking movie wasn't finished?
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:24 pm

The Cap'n wrote:Square is retarded.

Oh sure, additional scenes and they changed a few things. Doesn't change the fact the movie came out 4 fucking years ago and bred some of the most retarded "tR00 ff7 fANz" who have never touched any game in the series and refuse to play the original FF7 because the "gRAfiks SUk". Why the hell did it take them 4 years to fix their fuck up? Why didn't they actually review the original movie, see where they fucked up and fixed it BEFORE releasing it? Were they lazy and just ignored the hundreds of plot holes and filling in the original script with contradicting bullshit or did they just want the fan boys to stop BAAAAWWWWing because the fucking movie wasn't finished?

I think its obvious why...money. FF7 is a brand and they wanted to take advantage of that. They where most likely running out of money during the development of the original Advent Children and decided "f**k it that will do". Also I think they where working on other things at the time too, and they where fairly confident that the majority of people who liked VII would be happy with whatever they got.

On a side note, glad your back Cap'n Amarant Very Happy

Heres a list of some of the new effects and scenes in detail

Blood, theres lots of it in Complete, including a rather graphic scene where Sephiroth is slashing and hacking away at cloud (and even cutting through his foot and knee), also scars stay with the characters through out the film.
^Prime example (note its flipped)

Theres a scene between Marlene and Cloud where we find out why Cloud left and adding further to the reason of why he became a miserable git

Marlenes voice actress has been changed

When Cloud blacks out the first time we can hear Sephiroth mocking him and calling him an empty puppet

In the beginning flash back Cait Sith is riding the Mog (might have mentioned this already)

Some lines have been replaced with better matching lines (but strangely the dilly dally line is still in)

Theres an extra Sword in the new omnislash

During the scene where Kadaj tells Rufus Sephiroth is coming back he briefly changes into Sephiroth, also all flashback moments in that scene have been replaced with shots of them talking back and forth.

Theres a scene where Reno and Rude are helping Cloud via helicopter over the bridge

After the credits it cuts to the hill where Zack died, the Buster sword is now missing and instead there are flowers from Aeriths church. We hear Denzel ask if its a grave to which Cloud responds that its actually where a Hero started his journey. It then cuts to a repaired non-rusted Buster sword placed in Aeriths church among the flowers.

When Cloud blacks out in the church, the music is now a remastered Nibelheim theme

After the opening scene (with Red and his children) the film starts with a new moment, instead of Mt Nibel it shows Kadaj wheeling Rufus to the top of the building (before the Bahamut Sin fight), both of them are having a conversation.

When Rufus is trying to convince Cloud he states that Sephiroths will may have surived the fight and is the cause of the stigma.

Elena and Tseng have more dialogue

Rufus shows Cloud footage from Mt Nibel, it is from Elenas point of view.

The little girl with the moogle is shown having a brother, this is the same brother the moogle belonged to and he later dies.

When we see the people in the slums with the stigma there is a graphic moment showing a man vomiting and groaning in pain (the stigma even flows out of his ears)

Denzel has flash backs of the sector 7 bombing, aswell as a scene where he finds Clouds bike (before meeting him when he was living in Midgars remains)

After Reno runs out of the door when trying to get Cloud, he now opens it to come back in to which Cloud shoves it closed and locks it. (instead of locking it first thing)

Reno and Rude accidently reveal the fact they do know where Jenovas head is to Loz and Yazoo

Cid just drops to the ground instead of saving Tifa and Denzel

There is a moment where Bahamut sin wrecks a building and it nearly falls on Tifa, at the same time Denzel is attacked. Cloud sees this and has a quick flash back of Sephiroth about to kill Aerith before he throws his sword at Denzels attackers, catches it like a boomerang and saves Tifa.

Denzel and Tifa try to get back to the bar before Cloud arrives

Near the end of the Cloud Vs Sephiroth fight Cloud attempts to use the original Omnislash, to this Sephiroth counters it stabs him in the chest (similar to how he did in Nibelheim) reveals his wing, throws him in the air and then use's Octoslash on him.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 am

RYCloud92 wrote:
The Cap'n wrote:Square is retarded.

I think its obvious why...money. FF7 is a brand and they wanted to take advantage of that. They where most likely running out of money during the development of the original Advent Children and decided "f**k it that will do". Also I think they where working on other things at the time too, and they where fairly confident that the majority of people who liked VII would be happy with whatever they got.

Yeah, I think it's pretty weird they "finished" the movie years later ^^" It's strange to look at a money-making WIP.
But the whole FF7-thing is a money-maker in my opinion. Owkay, CC is one of my favourits, but I wonder how much money it made.
I heard FFXIII made millions on the first day in Japan (I read they even sold drinks and other stupid stuff of it). My eyes went like this -> OO
It's an awesome game, but extremely commercial. You've got to deal with it if you like playing it Smile I think that's why the "FF feeling" gets lost with every game. The graphics are amazing, the story is awesome, but it gets more and more commercial. And you can't forget every FF team has got a lot of people in it.

Other than that, that bloody scene looks painful !!! :O
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 pm

i liked the original but i wont be getting complete bc i dont have blu ray
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 am

@Smiles: The drinks were not stupid. They are called Elixir! And I happen to have one! lol.

And let's admit it, we live in a world that capitalizes on profit. Money makes the world go round hate to say it, and hey, if something makes money, why not milk it? That's what I would do. So let's put it this way they are both smart and freakin greedy to know that there would be die hard fans that would get the first version, then the complete version when it comes out freakin four years later.

But I will not be getting FFVIIAC complete, honestly. I got a bootleg version of FFVIIAC from a friend when it first came out and, honestly, I liked how it was dubbed, what they were saying, and the voice acting in japanese was better in my opinion. Then they had to make like 3 versions of it and the voices suck and the dialogue was changed. So screw the complete part. Again my favorite scene is the fight with Bahamut Sin and.... they didn't change shit with it then no freakin need. Or they didn't even show more fight scenes with the casts... what the hell? Besides this movie isn't like the best movie for me anyways so there is no need for me to get five different versions of it. Someone gave me the dvd collector's edition of it for Xmas and well... again I wasn't impressed with how the translation went.

and Therath, looks like time to save up so you have both a blu ray and a Ps3 and HDMI cables and HDTV. Trust me, when it's in your room, it makes a difference. Those who say it doesn't make a difference are half retarded {that's right, half retarded, can't even have an excuse cause they aren't fully bred with a syndrome} because the difference is night and day.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down