FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

3 posters

Go down

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Empty BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Post by Claire Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:19 pm

This game has been out for a while, but I wanted to put in my two cents.

The first time I played this game I really didn't care for it, Arcade games have never been my forte (Soul Calibur excluded) so I figured I shouldn't play them, it's annoying to have to back up to block. But after bucking up, sitting down and making myself play it, I can't stop. There are too many things I like about it, mostly the characters. They all have a disorder of some kind and their overall personalities are just fucking AWESOME!! Jin remains my favorite because, one, he's my best currently, but he's also fucking insane and he's got a homosexual crush on his brother. doesn't get any better than that. xD

Since I've been playing, I've gotten my groove for arcade back, I remember loving Mortal Kombat, though I sucked at it, and I'm starting to get the hang of guarding. Not to mention the learning curve for each character is low/mid, so it's pretty easy to pick up. The music is great and fits every battle really well, the artwork is absolutely fucking DAZZLING and makes it that much more awesome in a fight.

I think this game could become a favorite of mine, but I'm still trying to learn every character. Anybody else who's played or thinking about playing post your opinion. Smile
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Empty Re: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Post by Zane the pure Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:23 pm

You play Calamity Trigger.

Continuum Shift would **** up your mind pretty bad.
Holy crap the plot twists in that game. I sat there looking at it with the permanent O_O face.

Aside from Rachel needing a wheel chair, Jin's Ice is less devastating, everyone has new moves, and Hazama is the official "in game" troll.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Okay, now I've been playing CS for a while. And Hazama is the only troll worth liking. :p

Combos are harder to learn and master in this one than they were in CT. They changed EVERYTHING up, especially the hit frames for a lot of attacks. Making it difficult to even guess when you're supposed to chain into the combo to get any decent damage. Hazama's the only character that doesn't particularly NEED combos. Keeping enemies at a distance seems to work good enough, Ouroboros is the spammer's best friend. I found him the easiest to pick up due to my experience with Exdeath in Duodecim, no movement, except for attacks just seems to work. He doesn't have any counter capability as far as I can tell, though.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:52 pm

nemo wrote:And Hazama is the only troll worth liking. :p

Not your Cap'n? Sadness...

Blazblue is cool for a bit. I get so bored with fighting games very easily. I played a little of the story and wasn't that impressed. I like the music though and the old school anime/cartoon sprites is like walking down memory lane but I'm not too much a fan of the game as a whole. I like Iron Tager the most as far as the characters go.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Just did a review on the voice acting if you wanna check it out.

The only real thing that bugged me about the story is the organization of it all, and the fact that if you fuck up on a decision in story, you'll get an ending you didn't want and have to start over.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Fri May 25, 2012 2:53 am

NECROBUMP

Decided a couple members should discuss here lest we spam the What Games thread. lol

Before we start, I'd like to prewarn everyone interested in reading my (and Zane's) combo charts. We work off the "Keypad Input" for typing combos. Which looks intimidating if you don't understand how to read it, but one you know the trick, it's like taking a term straight from a dictionary.

A Keypad Input is as follows, (214214 D). The numbers are the D-pad, Analog, or Arcade Stick direction inputs. They are organized like a Keypad on a standard keyboard.

Example:

So, following this chart, the number 2 displayed in any combo would represent Down. 1 would represent Left-Down, and 8 would represent Up, etc. etc. etc...

Using this method when explaining or learning combos is a much more efficient way of passing information than manually typing out, Down, Left-Down, Left, and so on, so forth. More complex terms are as follows and shall be explained accordingly, pertaining to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift terms. Examples will cover all ranges, and will not always be literally seen as follows.

j.D - D performed midair.
Cx5 - C pressed x amount of times.
RC - Rapid Cancel.
D>RC - D interrupted by Rapid Cancel.
BB - Barrier Burst.
D... - Delay second hit of D
4(hold) - hold Left for 2 seconds

There are other terms, but these are just off the top of my head. Hope this helps. Very Happy
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down