FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Bleach Manga EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Bleach Manga EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Bleach Manga EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Bleach Manga EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Bleach Manga EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Bleach Manga EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Bleach Manga EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Bleach Manga EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Bleach Manga EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Bleach Manga

3 posters

Go down

Bleach Manga Empty Bleach Manga

Post by Zane the pure Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:53 pm

The have it at the library at school, and as much as I like watching the show, the manga is rather entertaining. The panels illustrate the show really well, and it's nice to see the material in its original form. The one part I think the manga hits on better is the comedy.
There are several moment in the show where I just about lost my lungs laughing, but when reading such humor in a quiet library or in my room, it is very difficult to keep it all in.

yeah, I know what you're thinking, "he only made this to fill the void here" cuz this is the first topic here.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Bleach Manga Empty Re: Bleach Manga

Post by Claire Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Actually, I'm wondering why you've never agreed with me on this matter until now. I always heard you say the show was much better.

But in any case, the manga is an absolute adventure to read, I've read the first 13 volumes since they're all I have so far in this series. But I never get tired of it, not only for the laugh out loud comedy, but for the pure uncut action and the gripping story I can take in at my own pace. My favorite thing about the manga is I can associate each character with a voice I think would represent them. I mean, I like Kenpachi's voice, but if it were more like a low-toned growl, yet respectable speech when he is calm, it would fit him nicely.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 pm

The thing I like better about the show is the action, there is no book to ever counter the action of on screen bar none. Though the pacing is nice in a book, DVR resolves that problem easy.

I like the show better still, but the manga has some moments which didn't hit home on the show.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:47 pm

I thought the very beginning of Bleach was brilliant. It had clever writing, diverse characters and cool fight scenes but as the series went on, it turned into Dragon Ball Z. Dumbed down writing, constant recolors and the fight scenes would just involve screaming and laser beams shot at each other.

I think what I liked the most in the beginning was the Ichigo was not only learning how to fight but he was also HUMAN when he got the shit beat out of him. After a serious cut, he'd fall, have a hard time getting up and if he was able to get up, he fought poorly. But after the "Bankai" was introduced, battles lasted 20 episodes with no one even fighting but "Powering Up". Then with the beginning when Rukia's brother (Whatever his name is) beats the hell out of Ichigo, he spent several episodes healing. That's not the case anymore. Ichigo takes the same beatings of extreme blood loss yet he runs around like nothing happened.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:27 pm

When you're voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, you can take a beating, as long as your voice remains the exact same.

You do have a point, though. I get reminded of DBZ a lot while watching the show, or even reading the manga sometimes. But the artwork doesn't look like someone fingerpainted the entire thing like in DBZ, plus....there are women.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum