FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
I've always wondered... EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
I've always wondered... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
I've always wondered... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
I've always wondered... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
I've always wondered... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
I've always wondered... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
I've always wondered... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
I've always wondered... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
I've always wondered... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I've always wondered...

+4
Archangel
RYCloud92
Zane the pure
The Cap'n
8 posters

Go down

I've always wondered... Empty I've always wondered...

Post by The Cap'n Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:42 pm

What do you think VIII would have been like if it circled around Laguna for the entirety of the story and his involvement in the Sorceress War with Adel?

After playing for a little bit of half the game, I'm so much more interested in Laguna's actions during the war than Squall and his "Happy-Go-Lucky" team being hired to kill magical bitches. I want to know more of Laguna's service, his choice to become the President of Ester, what his reaction to finding out about Raine's death and knowing he has a son. I also want to know some things about Kiros and Ward other than the fact they're there just to balance Laguna's irrational choices. I want to see when Ward was working in the Prison, I want to see what Kiros was doing before he ran into Laguna and Raine. There's just so much more interesting and better written story in Laguna's past than in the current events in the game. Anyone else agree?
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

I've always wondered... Empty Re: I've always wondered...

Post by Zane the pure Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

I would love more expansion on 8 but I think square purposely focused on squall back then due to how popular cloud was at the time and how anti heroes were all the rage back in the 90s...

Nowadays no one can stand them, so I think Mr. Cuchie Cuchie here is long overdue for some development...

From a developer stance, most of squall's angst was to counteract how cheery the others were, and conform with the sad idealism that Balamb garden got itself into by training kid soldiers...
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Well I actually liked Squall (but I like everything, more or less) but I agree, a lot of the past stuff I would have loved to see. Especially the Ward as the prison guard.

If they did a VIII compilation then a prequel game starring the trio needs to be made. Also it wouldn't have to create a villian for the 3 to fight, they would have Adel who could actually be expanded upon and if she doesn't work just say that Adel has 4-8 loyal servants and they can be bosses.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon May 02, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm not sure on the adding new villains to the script but it would be cool fighting some of Adel's soldiers. The 4 generals/whatevers sound cool and they could be elementals because that is a staple in the FF series.

Maybe they can make a game centered on Laguna, Kiros and Ward and make it in the style of gameplay as Crisis Core. The only problem I have with that is that the story for CC was a disaster of mixed plot lines and useless characters. If the game would just focus on Laguna, Kiros and Ward with little to no new characters being introduced to them then I'd play it.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue May 03, 2011 10:06 am

not to get off topic, but which characters in CC were useless?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Tue May 03, 2011 10:37 am

I agree, a story about Laguna would have been more interesting :3 I think Squall's story is a bit more boring. Maybe it's because I didn't really like him..

(oh and I agree with Zackie too. What about CC characters ?! :O)
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue May 03, 2011 11:06 am

@Zack: Genesis, Angeal, Lazard, Cissnei, Hollander, Weiss, Nero and so forth.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Tue May 03, 2011 11:30 am

The Cap'n wrote:@Zack: Genesis, Angeal, Lazard, Cissnei, Hollander, Weiss, Nero and so forth.

Awww, Genesis, Angeal, Cissnei and Hollander were soooooo important for the story Razz
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue May 03, 2011 11:47 am

Let's add the useless characters in Dirge of Cerberus: Shelk, fucking Super Saiya-jin Sephiroth, and some other bastard with a gigantic muscles that I forgot.

But for Crisis Core, there may have been a use for Angeal being Zack's mentor and the origin of the Buster Sword, I guess. However Genesis, Lazard, Cissnei, and everyone else could've been left behind, but that would mean they would've really needed to change the plot a little bit. Hell, that would've meant they should've forgotten about FFVIII Crisis Core.

Anyways, on the topic at hand, A compilation of FFVIII? I never thought of it. In fact I would've been first to say: "Why? And make another mistake like they did with FFVII?" But since every FF has a compilation now just about, and I am open to the idea more as long as it is done right, then why not for FFVIII? Laguna's story was so junked in that it leaves you begging for more, but at the same time one could say: "jeez can we just focus on Squall? What's up with this time shift shit? deal?"
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Tue May 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Angeal was slightly useful for Zacks story and to create a mythology for the Buster Sword, Genesis was just an excuse for him to have a baddy and I think Cissnei may have been to re-create a love triangle (Original game - Cloud shows feelings for Aerith in Disc 1, Tifa hides feelings from Cloud in disc 1. Crisis Core - Zack shows feeling for Aerith, Cissnei hides feelings for Cloud) and also to reference Before Crisis. Everyone else I more or less agree with Cap
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue May 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Angeal definitely critical to the story for reasons already mentioned, Cissnei was important as an interest to Zack, and one of his true friends, wish we would have learned more about her however. Genesis was important as he led to the creation of Project G, which was created by Hollander, whom Hojo piggybacked off of to use his knowledge as his base for the JENOVA project. Lazard I can see as useless, but someone has to run SOLDIER and Lazard didn't play much of a role in the story. Weiss and Nero basically had nothing to do with Crisis Core, they were just a reference to Project G and the events in the future in Dirge of Cerberus. So the only character that was really pointless was Lazard, at least in my point of view. As for FF8 spinoffs, don't care, I liked Laguna, but they won't happen so meh...
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Tue May 24, 2011 3:40 pm

I like the fact that it did have Laguna's story and Squall's story. It kept me more interested. To be honest it probably woudnt be my favourite if it hadn't. The fact that it didn't just revolve around Squall's group and it kept you in suspense with what was happening in Laguna's flashbacks was one thing that I loved about it. Having to take on someone else's story only to find out that it is all connected at the end was a brilliant storyline.

If it had just concentrated on Laguna we wouldn't have really had a big game. I know Laguna was bad ass, but Squall and the rest of the gang just did it for me, after the storyline it goes through, putting them all in it together just made the game better and yes, I know some of you hate FFVIII, but this is my favourite. I wouldn't have changed anything about it.

Making a spin off for it would definately be a no, no. I liked the game exactly the way it was, Laguna's story was just right, not too much detail and not too less, the sentimental scene at the end just hits home.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:00 pm

^ I was under the impression that I was the only FF8 lover around here.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:43 pm

^You joking, I love FF8 mainly because of the relationship between Squall and Rinoa and the characters themselves.

Plot wise though, meh
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum