FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Restriction Challenges EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Restriction Challenges EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Restriction Challenges EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Restriction Challenges EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Restriction Challenges EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Restriction Challenges EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Restriction Challenges EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Restriction Challenges EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Restriction Challenges EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Restriction Challenges

Go down

Restriction Challenges Empty Restriction Challenges

Post by Claire Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:07 am

This thread is devoted for the gamers who truly test their skills on Kingdom Hearts games. Here, we will list certain challenges to give yourself during boss fights throughout the game. Since it's tough to provide evidence to prove you've actually done these things, we'll just have to take your word for it, or you can simply post what challenges you are giving yourself for a particular fight and we'll hope you are honest.

I've spent some time on YouTube just watching some of the amazing stuff most gamers can do with the Kingdom Hearts series, particularly Birth by Sleep and KHII. A lot of videos consisting of Kingdom Hearts will usually be boss battles with a handicap to the player. The following restrictions are challenges I've given myself for BbS and KHII. Not to say I've always succeeded, but this is mostly just so you get what I'm talking about.

Birth by Sleep: Standard
No Damage
No Healing
No D-Link
No Shotlock
Default Keyblade
No Commands

KHII: Proud
No Damage
No Healing
No Form
No Form Boosts
No Magic
Kingdom Key
No Limit

Restrictions are basically limitless to how you can go about a boss battle, and for some gamers, will make it that much more epic of a fight. For me, doing the No Damage or Healing challenges prove to be the most fun, since it's the ultimate challenge for a bumbling gamer such as myself. Adding restrictions can also improve your gaming skill, making it that much more likely for you to beat the harder difficulties. Because, to pull off a No Damage or Healing run, you have to know how the boss' attacks work, and how best to dodge and counter it. I recently did a Standard Mode run and I got through without damage for a couple boss fights, and decided to never equip my Cure spells and see if I could pull off a no damage run. Unfortunately, a few bosses would hit me, even once and that was thrown out the window. Now, I'm on Proud Mode, and I refuse to do low level playthrough, since I'm in kind of a hurry to get done with Proud Mode. I MIGHT do a Critical Mode playthrough depending on how my Proud run goes.

Anyway, I've basically decided that I'll be playing all of my KH games trying to get No Damage, or at least No Healing. Like I said, it's a HUGE thrill testing my skills to the limit, and I always like fair fights, and taking off my Cure spell seems to encourage that idea. So, if anyone else is up for this idea, I invite you to at least try it. I suggest starting small, try going through with low levels, or just with the default Keyblade if you want to try something. No Damage requires preparation like you wouldn't believe in Birth by Sleep, so if you can't do it in the first try, then don't be ashamed.

If you are going to challenge yourself, let us know how it goes. Smile
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum