FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Completely Stupid. EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Completely Stupid. EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Completely Stupid. EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Completely Stupid. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Completely Stupid. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Completely Stupid. EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Completely Stupid. EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Completely Stupid. EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Completely Stupid. EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Completely Stupid.

+4
Tainted Dreamz
Just_Smile
Leonknight
Claire
8 posters

Go down

Completely Stupid. Empty Completely Stupid.

Post by Claire Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Is all I can come up with to describe the gameplay of Final Fantasy VIII. I've only had it for a day and already I'm inches away from deleting the damn game. I heard people tell me that it was difficult, but this is worse the KH: CoM. On top of no MP count, no gil drop, and extremely rare inns, the bosses are all way too resilient. I've had to rely on my GFs ever since I started, and they don't even do that much damage, not to mention you have to sit through the animation sequence every time you cast them.

My biggest problem is the fact that I've been doing the same amount of damage the entire game, around 60 with the Trigger. The second boss of the game took me half an hour, and I was spamming Shiva every chance I got, since she seems to do the most damage to anything I fight. The status and elemental junction tutorials do not explain at all as to why I can't activate them, so my fight with T-rexaur in the Training Center lasted for about an hour before I just turned tail and ran, getting only one level up in the process. The tutorial says you can simply put Sleep on your ST(insert bullshit title here) and you have an 80% chance of putting him to sleep every time you hit him, but every time I try, it just displays EVERYTHING in gray, meaning I did something wrong, or I'm missing some kind of item. Whatever the case, it should fucking explain it.

This game has so many flaws, that I can't even concentrate on where the story is going, cause I constantly worry if I can beat the next boss or not. I'm not even brave enough to save half the time cause like I keep repeating, inns are nowhere to be found and sometimes, they just close and you can't use them like the dorms. I'm honestly thinking of just putting the game down for good, but I'm going to look around for someone who knows what the hell they're doing and start up a new game and see if the game's difficulty changes from im-fucking-possible to slightly possible.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Completely Stupid. Empty Re: Completely Stupid.

Post by Leonknight Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 pm

How about this, stop fkin playing it. if you can't handle its simple as fk game mechanics then don't stress yourself over it. This game is easy once you understand it. And the reason why sht is grey out in Status/Elemental is cause ur GF's have not learned the passive ability to allow you to do such a thing.

Instead of calling a game stupid look at ones self
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:24 am

I still think the game is okay. Wink I still haven't beaten this, though. But I don't really think this one is much harder then other FF titles. I like the GF-thingie
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:58 am

FFVIII is my favourite, I loved how it was different to the other games. I think you just need to give it some more time Nemo, remember to always junction your magic and also you get an ability called boost later on which makes your GF attacks higher.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 am

Okay, I've taken a break, got some sleep and I want to apologize for losing my temper like that. I obviously misunderstood a lot about the mechanics and I missed a load of important things like Siren in the Elvoret fight. I'm not given this game the credit it deserves.

Although, I do wish the tutorials would give a little more insight as to why none of what I tried worked. I've decided to start up a new game, and grind Squall before going to the Fire Caverns and use the dorms as an inn. Maybe then, I'll be able to get somewhere and find an easier point in the game to get more grinding done and hopefully beat it.

I also have no intention of deleting it, since I paid $10 for it, which for me is a lot of money. So, I just want to say sorry for dismissing the game like that.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:25 am

I must admit I started out like that exactly the first time I played it. I was confused with the whole Junction system Just don't worry about it, it gets easier as you get more in to the first disc. Just draw as much magic as possible when you first start, I believe it helps having a certain amount of magic so that it increases you stats when you junction them.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 am

I will give you a hint for early GF grinding..but I believe you maybe past that part. But it helps still untill you can fight Cactaurs.

On the shore infront of Balamb you will find creatures called Fastitocalon-F's. These guys give 3 ap per creature, and you typically run into 2 of them per group. A little note tho, that sometimes you run into a Fastitocalon a stronger version that only gives 1 ap. The only way you can tell the difference between the two is the battle cry at the beginning. The Normal Fastitocalon has a much much deeper cry, and is also very rare to fight.

Also this is helpful seeing as you will be near Balamb Garden so you can go to the dorms to rest up.

Draws:
Fastitocalon(-F): Blizzard, Sleep, Scan
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:31 am

Like i said, I'm starting over cause I screwed up on a lot, and where I'm at, there is no healing opportunity other than the Cure draw spot at the front gate of Balamb. I'll try that out, though. Thanks.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:36 am

If your having troubles getting cure, try walking near the mountains around Balamb, for a monster called a Glacial Eye. It carries cure on it so you can draw. Its also quite a weak enemy and you can stock up on 99 cures and not worry about dieing since u can just cast by drawing cure.
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 am

now you understand why a lot of ppl dislike FF8, no offense to taintz or leon, but it just wasn't my cup of tea
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:06 am

Its also cause most people want everything handed to them on a silver platter, and don't like using their heads.
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 pm

VIII I find is easy to win. Grind a lot of magic (using draw), Junction it to your stats, unlock the card>magic ablility and you can basically have this game beat in no time.

However it does depend on luck and getting used to the system.

Seriously level 48 on the final boss, only because I had 99 full cures for all 3 party members junctioned to there health and had some Ultima's (or maybe flare's) junctioned to their strength.

Also I thought everyone hated the characters (which I find odd because I think VIII has some of my favourites)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Some characters sucked, but not all, there were still a few good ones in there
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:44 pm

FF8 is incredibly cheap. It takes a bit of time to get used to the Junction system but when you get the hang of it, you can easily overpower all your characters in such a short period of time. From where I left off I already had a good amount of the -ga spells and some other good spells like a decent amount of doubles and triples.

The game is not that difficult if you don't include the super bosses like the fucking Tonberry King. The King isn't hard, it's just such a LONG FUCKING BATTLE. Ultimecia still gives me problems every once and a while but not enough for me to go on my usual rampages. Follow the advice Leon said. Grinding the characters is not needed in this game at all. The only things you need to worry about are the GF's because they hold all the abilities and junctions to stats. When you get the Ragnarok, you'll be able to visit Cactuar Island and that's where the super GF grinding takes place. Each Cactuar gives like 20 AP and you'll fight like 3-4 at a time if your lucky so that's 100 AP right there for such a simple enemy.

During the game, making money and leveling the characters is so not needed. Half of my characters when I reached the end game for the first time were still at like level 20. It's all about junctioning the right spells. Then making money is easy too. In fact, you don't need to fight enemies. Since you're SeeD, you gat cash from Cid. Level up your SeeD rank and for just like 20 minutes of walking and doing story events, you'll make like 15,000 gil. Items are a must but they aren't too expensive other than Remedies which are like 1000 gil a pop. I was the same as you when I first played this, awful and spiteful. I still don't like the game now but I've got a respect for it. Just keep playing and things should work out for you.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:59 pm

The Cap'n wrote:When you get the Ragnarok, you'll be able to visit Cactuar Island and that's where the super GF grinding takes place. Each Cactuar gives like 20 AP and you'll fight like 3-4 at a time if your lucky so that's 100 AP right there for such a simple enemy.

This is true, but it also splits up the ap between all the GF's you have equipped. Just a heads up
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:34 pm

^Figured the level thing out rather quickly. I'd heard a rumor that leveling up your characters is a bad idea, but I didn't believe it till a mosquito started progressively doing more damage to me, so I stopped grinding for the moment, right now I'm just trying to figure out which junctions I'll really need for the fucking boss waiting for me at the top of the tower. Forgot its name, but it took me 25 minutes last time and I didn't know what the hell to do to actually do damage.

Anyway, I've taken back what I've said for now, since I've actually got an idea on what to do about my fucking junctions.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:42 pm

There really is no strategy against Elvoret. He is just a beat him down boss. He also has Double, which draw-cast on the person with your highest magic to make healing that much easier, since u can draw-cast cure from him. Also stock up on doubles..He's your first source for that spell
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:04 am

Don't forget to draw Siren (if Elvoret is the boss I think you're talking about Nemo).
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 pm

He is, although I'm taking a break again. I'm losing interest in the game aside from the battle system. I already hate Squall more than any other FF character, so it isn't a benefit at all to see him 24/7.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Sat May 05, 2012 10:49 am

I'm starting the game now, Just got Ifrit and made it back to Balamb.
Junctioned 100 of everything available and I'm walking on air already. Kinda nice to start the game with an ass-load of Hp lololol.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 am

How the fuck did you do that so fast?! I've logged 8 hours into it and only have a couple of maxed out junctions.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon May 07, 2012 11:29 am

well now I'm grinding a tad before going to timber, Beat the T_saurus on the first try because Squall is a beast.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down