FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
The Phoenix Saga... EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Phoenix Saga...

+2
Archangel
Erel
6 posters

Go down

The Phoenix Saga... Empty The Phoenix Saga...

Post by Erel Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:26 pm

So this is going to be my second post of return.... And truth to be told, I have a real grand reason as to why and I'm pretty damn sure most of you would agree.

Well, 3 days before the start of 2012, there was a fire in my house. It was a mystery as to how it started for a couple of weeks, but the mystery was solved when the investigators discovered that it was the water heater that blew up. It was no one's fault if some of you were wondering. It was just a freak accident. And a freak accident I consider a 'blessing in disguise'.

Everyone's okay. My wife and I weren't home. My cats were home however. Fire fighters in my area did an AMAZING job of doing an old fashioned search and rescue mission along with the animal humane society. They went in while it was still blazing, found the little critters and got them out. One wasn't breathing for a moment (he has asthma), but one of the fire fighters resuscitated him and he ended up alright. Some of you probably saw the picture already from the newspaper since I know some of you 'personally'. Now that was my biggest concern when I got a text about fire in the house, that was the first question I asked, and I was relieved to hear that they were alright.

So now let's get to the materialistic things. My game room, all my collections, I retained 90% of them. The only ones I lost were the ones in the garage which was just a box. I would've lost it all if again it wasn't for the brave fire fighters. Most of my clothes had the scent of smoke, but nothing a good old launder mat won't fix. My wife's clothes had the most damage, poor her, her wedding dress may be lost because of the stain and smell, but in the grand scheme of things most of our belongings were there. Most sentimental things survived. The thing that touched my heart was when one of the fire fighters told me the story of how they went in, took all the picture we had and covered it with tarp, and one of them even apologized they couldn't do more. Now I'm a very seldom emotional person, but that gave me tears to my eyes because they did their job so well, and now they are apologizing they couldn't save more when all I cared about were my wife and cats, and they were safe. But the icing on the cake are mine and my wife's clothes, my game room and collections, and both my ps3s and all my games are okay.

Now, although you guys don't know much about me, I'm going to shed light into some of my 'past'. My parents and I are not talking. For reasons I will keep to myself (although this is just my side of the story, I think they're at fault. Let's put it this way, most older 'adults' I have spoken to that my parents should've stepped up because they are my parents) of course, but let's put it this way, they weren't there for my wedding. They haven't called to say anything like Merry Christmas, Happy New year, happy bday... etc. etc. etc. So chances are they probably don't know the whole scenario happened. So My only family are my wife's so their help was for sure inevitable. But I would like to share the generosity of my friends and the ones I call 'Family'. Not toot my own horn, but I take great pride that I treat my friends and those who deserve it with respect and care. I am pretty much a very easy person to get along with; I just don't get along with idiots. So I guess that all paid off because I had every support of my friends. I'm currently staying at one of my friend's house where we are welcomed with open arms. He doesn't have pets and aren't the biggest fans of cats, but he took us in without any hesitation. Prepared a room for us in his big house and even set up a 'mini' game room in the room. I can't express just how grateful I am.

So I call this the Phoenix Saga because we all know the myth of the Phoenix and fire. Well, We've been planning on buying a house closer to our work for some time now. But we've been kind of putting it off because we've been 'lazy' and comfortable at the place we were in. Well, I think we got the right push. Some act of God or fate or whatever pretty much pushed us to the idea to move out and although we might have some minor set backs, I believe the road has been set. Also amidst it all, the good people in our lives had been highlighted and even the companies we worked for stepped up and raised funds just for us during the ordeal. So where are we now? The insurance (which by the way for those who are going to buy a house in this neck of the woods, insurance is required, and for those who are going to rent when you guys are out of mommy's care are not required to get renter's insurance, but I highly recommend you do so) are in the process of getting us this temporary apartment which is paid for, for a good half of the year. In that time, we would've saved more money and been MORE prepared to buy the house in the area we want. So out from the ashes, we came out, even stronger and more head strong.

So I know, I've been inactive in the forum world. Some of you may have noticed me on PSN gaming and not be here; but whatever the fuck, right? lol. So I'm back and wanted to share that. I'll be back on board the things that we were planning on this less than active forum. Just giving some of you guys an update. So without further adieu, Happy posting to me then. Twisted Evil
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

The Phoenix Saga... Empty Re: The Phoenix Saga...

Post by Archangel Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Great story Erel, I'm glad you gave us more insight to you're life and all that's happening. Sometimes we all get caught up in our lives and take things for granted. It is nice to hear real life stories that can bring us all back down to Earth and realize just how precious life is.

I'm glad your family is safe, and that most of your belongings were saved. I can't imagine the headache you must be going through right now. A lot of our members on this forum (not trying to be rude here) don't realize just how tough life is out there on your own, or just how real life can get without someone holding your hand.

My wife and I have been in our house for 3 years now, and we have four pets, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose our home or a member of the family. I'm glad you are back on your feet and have friends who can support you, and don't worry about the family thing man. My family is a wreck as well. I haven't spoken to my dad the last two years by his choice and we were extremely close growing up.

My mom is an alcoholic who is the final stage of Cirrhosis of the liver and she is only 43 years old. I can't even recognize her anymore, she is only the shell of a woman I once knew and loved, but enough of that. I just want you to know that you have my support as well as everyone else in this group, and if anyone ever just needs someone to talk to, my email is dwilkins@iastate.edu I am just glad you are alright man, live on, live strong.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:10 pm

I have to be honest, Erel, most of the posts I see you make avoid my attention and I didn't think much of you, but once I read 'fire', any thought of disrespect for you left my mind immediately. I've had a similar situation, though it didn't happen directly to me, my dad's house caught fire a few years ago and all I got was my teacher telling me "Don't panic, but there's been a fire." I've never been so scared in my life, mostly because I wasn't given ANY details other than that, but he didn't even tell me whose house was on fire.

Anyway, I'm sorry for any disrespect I've given you, because this forum wouldn't be the same place if we lost you or if you lost someone close to you. Be safe, man.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm really glad you and your family (and cats) are okay, even though I don't know you in real life <3 It must be horrible to lose them.

Also, if you ever need someone to listen to you, you can drop me a message. I agree with Zack ; that only a few of us know how it is to be on your own (me excluded, hehe).
I also hope the problems in your family will be over soon.

Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:24 pm

GO AWAY

Seriously though, glad to know everything is alright with you dude. I think this is literally the most I've learned about you. I still see you as a damn enigma even though I know of your collecting and view of games.

;O
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:30 am

I'm glad everything has turned up okay for you in the end Mr. G. don't know what we would have done without you. In one regards I'm glad your getting your life back together after the whole fire. I don't know how it feels having to go through the whole ordeal and I wouldn't wish it on anyone so I'm glad that everything's okay but sorry that you lost some sentimental items to you especially your wife's wedding dress. The most important yourself, your wife and your animals are all okay is the main thing Smile

Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:52 pm

nemo wrote:I have to be honest, Erel, most of the posts I see you make avoid my attention and I didn't think much of you, but once I read 'fire', any thought of disrespect for you left my mind immediately. I've had a similar situation, though it didn't happen directly to me, my dad's house caught fire a few years ago and all I got was my teacher telling me "Don't panic, but there's been a fire." I've never been so scared in my life, mostly because I wasn't given ANY details other than that, but he didn't even tell me whose house was on fire.

Anyway, I'm sorry for any disrespect I've given you, because this forum wouldn't be the same place if we lost you or if you lost someone close to you. Be safe, man.

Wait. So.... we have a few disgruntled opinions on video games. I didn't know I stepped the line that way. You should've PM'ed me and called me out. I would've apologized. Really though. I know some of my posts can mean rather 'dick head' Like, but honestly, I'm either having fun, or just stating my difference in opinion. I do apologize, and I will mean to watch out for it. But Thank you for your concern.

And as for everyone else, thank you for all the words and support. My wife and I are now in an apartment currently paid for by the insurance. They are still working as slow as slugs, but at least this first {major} step is now taken care of. Now we just need to keep on going and see what they can fix and what expenses we spent can be paid back. Hell, who knows.

But now that I have a real internet of my own, I can be back on board a little bit more regularly. Thanks guys. Seriously, I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Thanks. Most of you guys have been my 'internet friends' for years now and I do appreciate whatever positive energy you guys have passed/typed my way. =)

And Amarant, if you want another 'fact' about me, I have Rikku in my bed right now. Well, my new bed, not the one that burned. lol.

Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:21 am

a Rikku plushy doll you mean
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm

In adherence to Taintz' announcement and Nemo's thread, I shall lock mine and I don't think I'll be doing my ninja vanish again the way I did. I announced it the way I did for a much more solid reason.

So once again, thank you for the support and the pm's and what not. I shall lock this now and we will return to using 'The Epic Return Thread'

And Zack... Something else about Rikku is plushy, not the doll. lol. Ahem.

LOCKED!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down