FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Into the Fray - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Into the Fray

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Into the Fray - Page 2 Empty Re: Into the Fray

Post by ~Kimcora~ Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Anne jumped a bit in surprise when the lights suddenly appeared around them. She didn't know what was going on, or quite how this was even happening. There was no way he could be doing something like this. It wasn't humanly possible...Her face fell into a shocked expression as the light turned to shapes that could only be decribes as people that danced around like comets in the sky.
There was no denying it, this really was Doruth's abilities. She knew she should be very afraid at this point, she should be trying to run away from something so abnormal. This was witchcraft, a taboo in Nord society. But even with that knowlledge, she was left standing awestruck by the wonder of the spectical.
The lights suddenly disappeared and she followed it with her gaze back to his hands. A flower stood in place of the light, glowing with a strange aura before dulling. She could hear Doruth in her state of shock, completely understanding why people would think that way. She was starting to think a couple of them herself. But he reassured her he wasn't evil, or out to hurt anyone. But admitting that that light show was the extent of his abilities did little to ease her worry. But it did however soften her feelings of aversion, enough to make her move closer to the flower in his hands. She'd never seen a flower more beautiful, the white and gold colors drawing her in. She hesitated for a moment before she took the flower. She let her fingers graze one of the petals and she smiled at how silky it felt. She looked back at Doruth, still close to him but with enough space so that she could still move away. She watched him for a long moment, taking in that smile of his, his eyes, and all that she had just seen. It was another long silence before she gave him a small nodd. It was a gesture of acceptance, mild but enough to at least give him leway. After all, so far he had done nothing to hurt her, her aunt, or their animals. As long as it stayed that way, she felt she could trust enough to not worry. "Alright Doruth..I got you something to eat." She walked out of the room, a casual expression of being relaxed. She grabbed the bowl and the cup of milk and offered it to him. "It's still warm." She paused for a moment, thinking over what she should ask before asking, "So then....if you're not a wizard or a spirit...what are you?" She asked, trying to peice at least that much together,
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 pm

doruth's pleading expression gave way to his normal smirk and he tookt he food thankfully gulping down the soup a bit before pulling it away to answer her "we are called Jutlik, spirits infused with people. we were given abilities by mother earth to protect her, some dont uphold that and some do now a days. I'm not strong enough in my abilities to really choose a side" he said taking a large gulp of milk "we are indifferent to humans until you hurt nature though. hense the killing of your kind." he said taking another few bites of his soup "humans... burn and ravage land... well most of them. they dont seem to care that there are helpless things in this war too, tiny animals that have nothing to do with this war" he mumbled looking down at his nearly empty bowl "i was taught to not get messed up in afairs like war." he said and took the last gulp of milk

"your house is empty though. and you have alot of blacksmithing equipment but no smith. i assume the war has effected you too" he said and rubbed the bowl with his thumb slightly

"your the only human i have ever told what i am... and i talk so freely. promise you wont set me on fire at night" he said with a weak smile "i really hate fire..."
+AmA+
+AmA+

http://kyuketsuki-001.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Anne folded her arms while listening to his explenation of what he was. Aparently a spirit that was intune with the earth or something. She felt that he was being a bit unfair with his judgement on humans though. It wasn't heir intention to destroy nature, or that any of them really wanted to involve their homes with war. It just sort of...happened.
"So there a bunch of you guys? Strange, you'd think people would notice more things floating and their barns glowing." She said in good humor.
When he mentioned the tools that smile fell and she stiffened. She had trained herself to ignore her father's things. She found dwelling on them didn't make it any easier to get work done. She didn't have time to worry-not to cry-not to hope-not to let any of it get to her...
"Hm, affected?" She said with a practiced indifferent look. "It hasn't really affected me at all. My father is the one out there... but he'll come back some big hero in no time." She said, giving a small shrug before she quickly tucked the thought away into the back of her mind.
"And do I look like I'll be setting you on fire, And risk burning down my pretty barn with you? No no, trust me. When I want you gone, I'll give you a good head start out the door." She said, in good humor as well as a surface deep warning. She wasn't totally sold that his abilities were totally safe and would be keeping a more careful eye on him.
"By the way, I recommend keeping the magic stuff to a minimum. I may be a little more leniant but my aunt will most likely not take it so well..." She said, then thought to herself if she should tell her aunt about him.
Of course she would be angry with Anne if she just said there was a man hiding in the barn, but she would most likely allow him to stay. However if Anne was honest and told her that he was a Jutlik, things might get messy for them both. She'd have to deal with that milestone when she met it. After all, with as small as this farm was, it was going to be impossible to keep her aunt from ever stumbling upon him.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 am

"theres not alot of us left, we had alot of our people. but humans have made us scarce in numbers." he said with a yawn rubbing his eyes "i can see wy you would be scared of some of us though, my mother herself had a 20 foot wingspan of pure fire." he said nonchalantly walking to the barn window. "how interesting your day is. such work to do." he said and leaned against the sile with his elbows "im pretty good at hidding" he said and looked up at the rafters walking up the wall of the barn and to the rafters stepping backwards into the darkest corner. he was nearly invisible back there

he lept down infront of her with a concerned look "although i have much work to do myself today. levitation is a difficult craft. i need to find out how i did that" he mumbled putting a finger to his lip in contemplation. "perhaps i can move to bigger objects..." he said completely ignoring anne now and pacing the floor in thought

"i should need some herbs" he announced and walking from the tack room out of the barn with a stretch he made his way to the stone wall and jumped over it stolling down the road

he returned many hours later with pockets stuffed looking about before jumping hte fence and walking into the barn. he disappeared into the tack room after a pat to one of the horses faces and then shut the door using various odds and ends to use as mixing beakers as he concocted different remidies that he found to be essential to life. after the thrid or fourth bottle he took a break and leaned back against the door looking at a pair of shears. he focused as hard as he could and they shakily moved but didnt lift up off the table 'i made this whole room float... why can i not harness that energy and control it?' he thought with a sideways frown
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Anne couldn't help her surprised look at everything Doruth was saying. If this was his way of soothing her worry about his powers, telling her humans were a problem for Jutlik and that his mother sprouted firey wings out of her back, didn't help his case. But besides that fact, she found him to be honest, subtly so. That forwardness and less than calculating way of speaking, left little to her capability of wondering if he was telling the truth. He just said what he thought, what was true to him, and for that she felt she could ease up a bit. He dropped off the conversation mid-way about his ability to make things float and went rambling about some herbs. Anne just let him leave, not sure of what he was doing but had a sense that whatever it was wouldn't result in harm to anything she cared about. She decided then to go back to the house and grab something to snack on, being that she forgot to even have a decent breakfast with all that just happened. When she got through the door, she expected an empty house. Instead she found her aunt at the table, drinking some water. "Hey Auntie." She said, walking past her to go and grab some bread from the pantry.
Her aunt gave her a faint smile, one that stirred a bit of unease within Anne though she didn't show it. "Hey Anne, been working hard?"
Anne nodded, smiling crookedly, a bit of pride in her voice as she answered, "Yep, I even cleaned out the barn. The only thing left is to check on the sheep." Her aunt nodded a bit, more to herself before she took another gulp of water.
"But you know...you need to take a break Anne." Anne gave her aunt a small look of confusion as she sat down with her bread and apple.
"Well, yeah. What do you think I'm doing now?" Her aunt shook her head.
"No no, I mean a break break, not a food break. You know, take a walk, get some fresh air, enjoy yourself a little more."
Anne gave her a laugh around a bite of bread.
"I do that everyday with work."
Her aunt was starting to look a little exasperated. Anne ceased laughing and frowned a bit at her aunt.
"Anne," She began and Anne tensed, "I want you to go to the village today." Anne breathed a sigh of relief.
"oh okay! Do I need to take Willow and the cart? Is there something you need me to pick up or drop off?" Her aunt shook her head this time with a bit of agitation in it.
"No! For the love of- no girl, I want you to go and take a break in town. Go find some fun, meet some people, and do something else rather than stay at the farm all day."
Anne gave her a small glare. "Why would I do that? I'm fine here."
Her aunt huffed. "How many friends do you have here, in the village?"
"Enough." Anne said though that was a bit of a stretch. She had exactly two, two girls who were busy lately and unable to really meet in the village to do much of anything. Her aunt gave her an arch of her brow.
"How many of those are men?" Anne nearly choked on bread.
"Men? Why would I be hanging around a bunch of men?" Anne stared at her, incredulous as to why her aunt looked so serious about who she hung out with.
"Did you know Mildred is getting married, to Horace's son?" Anne blinked, her face showing a bit of guarded shock. Well, that explained why one of her friends was so busy lately.
"No...congratulations to them." She said, turning back to her food. In the silence that hung between them, she suspected what was coming next, but wasn't exactly prepared for it.
Her aunt gave a small sigh. "I worry about you Anne-"
"There's no need to. I can-"
Her aunt raised a hand to silence her. Anne quickly shut up.
"Anne, I love you like my daughter and want to do the best for you...You and I both know you can't stay here. Most girls your age are already married and are starting families of their own. And by staying here you're accomplishing nothing for your future."
"Accomplishing nothing?! I help you support this place!"
"No Anne. I can handle all this work quite well on my own. You argued your way into doing it."
Anne was starting to feel her anger boil within her gut.
"And I've worked my hardest-!"
"Yes you have, but it's time to be thinking about your future-"
"Like father always said, why worry about tomorrow when you have enough to worry about today?-"
"Anne!" Her aunt barked, receiving a defiant glare from Anne, "You are a smart girl, a lovely girl and always very caring. But its time you start worrying over yourself rather than everyone else. Perhaps you can meet a good man, a shop owners son, who can support you. And imagine how happy your father would be to have beautiful grandchildren and see his daughter have a wonderful life without having to lift a finger."
"What kind of future is that?! I-I need to be here. My place is here-!"
"I don't need you here Anne...You can't do this kind of work forever. You're much to fragile." Anne felt the sting hit her deep within her heart. She was upset and felt her eyes burning with the start of fresh tears. Refusing to show weakness in front of her aunt, she got to her feet and trudged from the house. Her aunt called for her to come back but she kept her pace. She didn't even care where she was going. She just knew she had to get away from that house before she did or said something shameful. She tended to get a mouth when she was angry and preferred to cool off before she dealt with any serious decisions.
By the time her anger had calmed a little, she noticed she was out in the pasture with the sheep, quite far from the house. Glad to be a good distance away from anyone, she went to the small lake that the sheep used as a watering hole. With a heavy sigh she plopped down in the grass, her eyes heavy with mental exhaustion. Her anger was still there but not strong enough to make her do anything stupid. She rolled onto her back, looking up at the clouds above her, losing herself to her thoughts.
Her aunt was concerned about her. That much was apparent but why would she need to feel that way? Anne had always been there for her, helped her out, and-
'I don't need you here Anne...' She felt the horrible words making her stomach churn. Her aunt didn't need her...because she cared or because she was sick of her? Did she not think she could rely on Anne to get the job done? Had she done something wrong? Did her aunt truly believe her only place was as some rich housewife?
Anne felt the tears filling her eyes and she quickly wiped them away, but there were too many of them to hide. All that she had done, all the hope she had given up, all the time she struggled to be stronger, all of it was.... "It's not enough." She muttered, rolling onto her side and drew her legs closer to her. She buried her face in her dress and cried. She wasn't trying to be dramatic or a crybaby, she hated crying. But she just felt overwhelmed.
The only person who believed in her was at war, her aunt wanted her gone, and she had an odd mythical man in the barn. Could things get any crazier?
She gave a shaky breath, trying to calm herself down so she would
stop crying. She had to prove herself to be stronger. It was her only hope left.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:23 am

he had been able to perfect lifting straws of hay and had moved to the flowers at the back entrance of the barn. he heard crying and his ears pricked getting up he walked towards it to see anne on the ground curled up. he walked over to her and sat down at her side "your sad" he said to her bluntly "i am too" he looked at the flowers around them and they floated up and together making a headband of white and pink flowers. he grabbed it from the air and handed it to her but she just kept er head pushed into er knees

he sighed and ligtly fiddled with the band for a moment before putting it on his own head without a smile.

he then stood and grabbed her like a baby "dont squirm or youll fall" he mumbled and took in a deep breath running forward his speed increasing until he looked like a flash of wind instead of a person. he ran right into the village but no one could see them. he lept onto the roof of a house and kept jumping quickly until he reached their tallest building, the clock tower. he perched at the top of the tower standing on the point as if it was solid ground. he let her legs drop so she stood like im but he had his arm around her and was nearly levitating her next to him

"look. its pretty" he said and they could see the rolling hills and farms in the distance. he helped her down the roof of the clock tower so they could both sit with their feet hanging off of it "its so nice up here. the breeze and the atmosphere of all te people below. i usually come at sunset though. never during the day. i was always too afraid of being spotted." he said and reached into his shirt grabbing the leather necklace and pulling it off. it was a marble with a four leaf clover inside of it, but the damndest thing was happening. the four leaf clover was moving, as if in water.but the outside of the marble was hard. he handed it to her without expression "this is my only real possession. it brings good luck to whom ever wears it. and when i die that clover with turn brown and fade" he said and handed it to her "hang on to it for me" he said and then looked back at the horizon with a sigh "no one ever noticed the scenery anymore" he mumbled leaning his elbows on his knees tiredly
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Anne had heard Doruth beside her but refused to look at him. She didn't want anyone seeing her like this, acting so pathetic when she should have been on her feet and proving her aunt wrong...Doruth had more right to be sad, what with his home being gone and his mother having died in such a terrible way...But she still wanted to be alone. She wanted to tell him to leave but she knew that would be mean. Perhaps if she just ignored him he would get the hint and go away.
It got quiet for a long moment and for a second she wondered if he was leaving. When she heard him sigh and stand she got a small bit of relief, but it was short lived. Suddenly she was in his arms, her face frozen in shock as she tried to figure out what was going on. "Wh-What?" She clung to him when he began to run and quickly burried her face in his chest. She had no idea where he was taking her or what was going on but it was seriously putting a damper on her choice to stay away from everyone. In what seemed like only a nice sprint later, he was putting her down but still kept an arm around her. She pulled away from him but the arm kept their proximity. "Doruth where-?" She let the sentance drop as she realized where they were and how high up they were. "Doruth what the hell-?!" She grabbed his arm, scared that she would fall. Instead however she stayed in place, as if she couldn't fall when he had her. She blinked and looked down again, this time taking in the height with a bit of wonder. How did he get up here this fast? And how were they so perfectly able to stay here?
"Look. its pretty." She heard him say and looked up from beneath her to out at the scenery. It really was lovely, like something out of a painting rather than her home land that she had known her whole life. He brought her down to the roof and as soon as she got a good footing, they sat down. It was in that time of quiet and relax that she was able to gather her thoughts again. Shouldn't she be mad or worried that he had dragged her here against her will? "You really can't read the atmosphere very well can you?" She muttered under her breath, but try as she might she couldn't make a feeling of anger appear. The view was too phenominal for her bitter feelings to really take hold of her.
As he explained that he often came there, she could only agree with his reasoning. But, she hardly expected him to take out a necklace. She glanced at it as he spoke and gave a bit of a shocked look when he handed it to her, telling her to hold on to it.
"But," She lstared at the clover floating in the marble with curiousity, though she knew she should be handing it back to him as she said this, "what if I lose it or something happens to it?-I'm the wrong person to trust with something important to you." She said before she sighed and lookied back to the view. She was quiet for a moment before she finally spoke again.
"It's lovely, the view and the trinket but..." She looked over at Doruth, curiosity and other guarded feelings aparent in her eyes, along with the traces of red from her previous crying, "why bring me here? Why do any of this?"
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:52 pm

"why not?" he said and looked back at her "i tried to think of a reason not to, but none came to mind." he said bluntly and looked at the trinket

"keep it safe. if that breaks... i loose all my magic... and probably would die." he said and looked back at the horizon.

"i was born sick. when my mother and i first where thrown out of the town i was very young and ill. in order to save me from death she bound my soul to an object. that just so happen to be a four leaf clover in a marble." he said and sighed "i suppose she could have reverse the spell ... but i do so love marbles... and this one would ave lost its luster if it hadnt been for the magic." he said

"im not sure why i told you these things, or gave that to you.." he said and sighed pulling hte flower headband off his head and setting it on hers

"but thats the fun of it isnt it? the not knowing... i think ... your my only friend." he said and smiled slightly "and that is worth a risk" he stretched and laid back against the warm roof tiles. "ahh.. what mother would say... me speaking to a human... telling you all these things. she would probably loose her head " he chuckled looking towards the sun "the warmth reminds me of her" he looked at anne again and his smile faded into a lackadaisical lull

"im tired." he mumbled and closed his eyes his arms resting comfortably behind his head. it was very much like him to get rather deep and philisophical or emotional and then revert back into his lazy self
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 pm

It seemed Doruth was only able to validate her worry when he spoke of the importance of the marble. Something so simple and yet it could do something so important such as protect someone's life. She still didn't quite understand why he would trust her all that much. After all they only vaguely knew one another. "So I'm the only friend huh? Well, I guess its safe to say you are my friend too." She didn't like to just use that word. she prefered to use it for people she knew well. But perhaps they knew quite a good ammount of personal things, in fact perhaps they even understood each other on some kind of odd level.
Anne held the marble, looking at it for another long moment. She wouldn't admit it, but she was quite taken with the simple thing and even felt a small bit of calm set in to her. Secretly, probably even unkown to her, she liked having something to protect and felt glad to be relied on, trusted. Or it could be that she had realized, in a slightly humorous way, she was doing exactly what her aunt told her to do, of course with different intention.
When he laid back she gave him the smallest of smiles. It was a wonder to her how he could be so laid back with everything going on around him. "You and your mother must have been really close..." She said, not wanting to cross a boundary that she shouldn't but was curious. Weren't boys suposed to be closer to their fathers? Well she was an exception to that rule...maybe he was too.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:12 pm

"yes. very." he said his eyes closing "she was so kind.. and gentle. she helped clean the forest of rotting debry every year and if not that keep the warmth in the winter under the tree canopy so tat the new offspring of the forest dwellers would live. she was a kind and gentle woman" he opened his eyes and looked at the sun again "its a given how her and my father met. she is a magnificent pheonix. a bird of flames. and my father is a giant made of earth and rock." he said and sighed "he is very harsh and unforgiving, warm on the surface but when you dig deeper he is cold like the earth. he is a noble man but still i cant help but feel he would do anything if it ment the better of himself" he said and stretched once again "and then you have me... as much human as i can get." he sighed "i have no representation for my lack of skills" e grumbled under his breath and then sat up to look at her "i am useless in the eyes of all but one.." he said referring to his mother. she had always seen something in him that he could not. he just wished she would have told him what it was.

"my father is fighting in the war. no doubt killing many a human in enjoyment." he said with a yawn "hunting... what a troublesome sport" he looked down below him at the people and stood up "would you like to go someplace else?" he asked "we are bound to be noticed soon"
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:05 pm

It was sad, very much so to hear him talk about his mother. The comparison to his aparently cold hearted, blood thirsty father was striking and troublesome to imagine. Well, his mother must have been a good person, if she chose to keep out of humans way rather than fight back for her right to stay where she wanted. If a woman with flaming wings and a power much stronger than what Doruth could already do showed up in the village there would be little anyone could do to fight against her. Then again, she had a child to worry about, one that despite his magical lineage was left on the short end of the genetic abilities. Though she hardly thought of anything that he could do as human, but she didn't exactly see him sprouting wings of fire.
In a way that was a good thing. She didn't think she'd have been able to take seeing something like that hiding in the shadows of the barn, at least not at first exposure.
"Useless is a harsh word...." She said and began to wonder perhaps if it was just underdevelopement. After all, if someone could grow stronger and learn to master archery or carve or use a blade, then why couldn't his magic get any better? But since she didn't know too much about the workings of their magic, she kept that idea to herself.
She looked over the side of the building and noticed it was nearing the afternoon, a time when most people would be out from work and socializing. Judging by there being more people than usual milling around, she could only guess there was a planned event, perhaps an open party at a local tavern.
Though she didn't want to worry her aunt, to be honest, she didn't want to face her aunt at the moment, at least not till she could regain some sort of composure if she was forced into another confrontational situation. She nodded though she wasn't sure he'd be up to it.
"Seeing as everythings becoming more lively...why not join a bit of the fun? There might be something going on a bit later and well-I wanted to try and see an old friend of mine. She's getting married to a complete jerk this week and I've yet to 'congragulate' her." She really was happy for Mildred, but she was a bit worried about the taste in man. Horace, the butcher, was know for having the pack of the roughest men in the village for sons. The youngest, she was guessing since most of the boys were off at war, was the one engaged to Mildred. Anne had only been around him a few times since they were close in age. He had been nothing but a bully to her when she was little, but she had yet to see him in years. She hoped for Mildred's sake he had changed.
She gave Doruth a small look. "I know, its an odd request but with work and....other things going on I might be able to speak to her till a while after she's married. You don't have to go anywhere if you don't want to though-I mean, it's an open invitation." She hoped she wasn't being to pushy, but she really did need a distraction, something to keep her from worrying over the other things.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 pm

"useless is the only word...that comes to mind..." his voice trailed off and he tapped his foot then intently listened to her request and tapped his foot again in contemplation.

"it would be an experience..." he vagually responded... one request" he said and without really requesting he grabbed a scarlet hankerchief and spun it nicely tying it around his head covering the yellow eye "we will say... it was a smithing accident. yes i quite like that. a hot coal accident of some type perhaps." he smiled "people like me better when they dont see" he said tapping at his now covered gold eye. just by covering it his entire look almost seemed to change. be became less of a terrifying threat and more of a charming and mysterious man.

he took her by the waist and lept from the back of the clock tower building his feet grabbing the side and he walked down the wall till they reached the ground and he set her down

"if you would be so kind as to lead my visually impared self to this gathering" he said and patted the dust off himself offering his arm out to her like a gentlemen.
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Anne smiled slightly when he agreed to go with her. She suspected he didn't have very good relations with the people there in town, since he spent most of his life was raised in a forest with very little human contact. She kind of bad that he missed out on building important connections with people and perhaps this would help him. This would be a better chance to socialize rather than being cooped up in the barn.
He had a request though and she was curious when he took out a hankercheif. When he covered his eye, however, she understood. It was difficult tfor him to walk around with two colored eyes. People were too superstitious for that...she still couldn't get that guy's words out of her head about Doruth having "eyes of the devil." But even she had to admit his eyes startled her when she first saw them. She wouldn't say it aloud, but she did feel a little less tense when the yellow eye was covered. It was tough getting used to the intensity it seemed to convery when he looked at you.
She was a bit hesitant when he broguht them to the ground, though her eyes showed the wonder and curiousity as she watched his feet tred against the slick vertical surface. When he set her down he was back to his usual formality. Anne took the offered arm with a crooked smile though instead with a grip versus the latter more lady like gesture of taking his arm daintily. She pulled him along towards the busy street where she then traded holding his arm to taking his hand. People went about their afternoon around them.
Anne glanced over her shoulder at Doruth to make sure he wasn't uncomfortable keeping pace behind her. After all he was a good two heads taller than her and had longer legs.
"I'm not sure if you know everyone around here," She began before looking back at infront of her so she wouldn't run into anything, "But people are usually nice. They accept new comers, which I think they'll think of you as, especially if you say your staying with my aunt and I. They'll accept about anybody as long as the stranger isn't too strange." She knew she had to get to her point but she didn't exactly know how to word it. "Just...be careful what you say and do. You know better than I do how they'll react to-you know..." She was by no means telling him not to be homself, just that he should really make sure his magic was controlled and not used. She really didn't want to watch him get chased out of town with pitch forks like it was a witch hunt.
She turned down streets and went past a few shops and homes before she finally came to the old tavern that sat squished between a massive bakery and an apothicary shop. The door was open and there were people milling about, quite a few for it just to have been an open tab night. She walked in with Doruth in tow, but dropped his hand to approach the counter.
A burly looking man with a greying, brown beard and aging face turned to face her. To most his look was that of agressive anger since his bushy eyebrows and squint gave him that appearance. But when seeing Anne his look softened and he gave her a bright smile. "Hey if it isn't Anne. Long time no see, but not long enough child for you to be ordering anything to drink."
Anne gave a laugh. "No sir, a young woman would never partake in manly affairs." She said sarcastically and he gave her hair a ruffle.
"Atta girl. So what brings you here? Can't be to see my Mildred?"
"Yes, I came to see her. Your daughter forgot to tell me there was a wedding afoot."
"Ah, so you heard. Yes Mildred is marrying in a fortnights worth of time. Pretty thing is just beaming with excitement." Anne only nodded since she didn't want to share her own opinions of the marriage.
"So, is she here?"
"I'm afraid not yet. She's preparing for her announcement celebration. There's a party here today, if your interested..." She gave a shrug.
"Of course, its for Mildred after all." Mildred's family, the Galehes, owned the local tavern. It was a friendly place that had been there as long as Anne could remember and suffered not from any hardship since it was the only one in the village.
A crash came from nearby and Anne and Mr. Galehes looked over near the door to the cellar where they saw one of the boys he had hired to help around the tavern that night, had tripped, throwing a barrel to the ground. It didn't crack, thank heavens, but the thing was twice his size. He wouldn't be able to carry all of it in the quantities the tavern needed for the night.
Mr. Galehes sighed. "I swear, the boy is such a slow learner." Anne thought for a moment before she got that determined look on her face.
"I could help out a bit." Mr. Galehes looked at her and gave a quick shake of his head. He was obviously trying not to laugh, out of courtesy to her.
"No that's quite alright Anne, tonights a night for celebrating not work. You should relax and have fun-"
"But sir, I haven't got anything to give Mildred for a wedding gift. Let my service for the family be a small payment to her, yes?" She knew she had him when he gave her that wavering look, but he surprised her when he looked up at Doruth.
"Alright, only if your friend over there helps you." Anne blinked and looked back at Doruth.
"But he's-"
"He's steadier than you Anne. I can't risk you falling and getting hurt." Her nose gave a small wrinkle in response to that but Mr. Galehes didn't seem to notice. He was too busy calling Doruth over.
"Come over here boy-well can't exactly call you that-rather tall fella aren't you... Got a name?" He said and he squinted at Doruth's covered eye. "What's with the bandana? Some kind of injury?"
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:27 am

doruth walked over and looked down at the man with a smile. e was a good few inches taller then him "Doruth." he took the mans hand and shook it firmly although he did let a little twitch of the mouth go because the mans hand nearly crushed his own "and yes, smithing accident." doruth shrugged "but i promise you it has no way impared me. i will help with whatever you need sir."

"i know im boney but im stronger then i appear" he said and walked up to the barrel picking it up like it was a pillow. he was using his new levitation trick but no one could even tell "where would you like these sir?" he asked with a grin.

after hours of lifting heavy things for this guy doruth felt exhausted but was a little suprised when he was handed a drink. his height must have given them the impression he was older then he was "ah thank you sir" he said and took a sip to be polite. he had never drank anything that wasnt mixed with some type of a mineral for a purpose. he fel the cool turn to warm and he blinked "barely.. yeast.. hmm... assorted nuts" he mumbled tasting each ingrediant he licked his lips "what an exceptional brew my good man" he said and held up his mug as a sign of cheers before taking another sip and sitting down. he looked at anne and gave her a tired look before sighing and looking around. so many people were there now. it was nice but... he couldnt help and feel uncomfortable. all of these humans wouldnt even hesitate to kill him if they only knew what he was. he felt like a wolf in sheeps clothing... a fake... a liar. it was unsettling but then he saw the happy expression on anne's face and he sighed and pushed those feelings aside 'for once in my life i do something for the better of someone elses wants..' he thought and looked at the drink infront of him 'i wonder if its this... or maybe something else' he took another small sip and then in came the bride and groom to be with a noise hooray spiking through the tavern that made doruth almost pee himself. he was off to social gatherings and didnt understand why everyone suddenly started yelling. he looked wide eyed and anne and then at everyone else a little panic stricken by the calpping and shouting.
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Anne noticed Doruth looked beat after helping out with Mr. Galehes. She a bit peeved that she instead had gotten dish duty though she knew she could have handled the latter. But she kept her mouth shut and did the work to the best of her ability. After all she should be happy that Doruth was fitting in quite nicely. He looked awkward in the crowd but not afraid. When it was time to sit down and enjoy, Anne was starting to feel her excitement grow. She always enjoyed being a part of excitement. It let her mind stay active and keep from thinking about trivial things.
She moved beside Doruth, her eyes scanning the party for Mildred. "I hope your enjoying yourself. Try not to go too crazy with the alcohol though. They're known for having pretty strong drinks. We can't add another drunk man to the bunch." She was only joking lightheartedly with him.
When the room erupted into activity and cheering she quickly looked up and a bright smile came to her lips. That was Mildred and her husband to be finally joining the fun. She glanced at Doruth and noticed he looked startled by all the noise. She gave his shoulder a light squeeze to get his attention, a gentle reminder that she was there to make sure he didn't get hurt. "It’s exciting isn't it?" She laughed before looking back to the crowd. "I'm going to say hi to Mildred. I'll be right back." She hoped he'd be alright on his own but knew she would just have to trust him.
She made her way through the crowd and to where she last saw Mildred. The two girls locked eyes and instantly both were beaming. "Anne!" They hugged though the sight must have looked a little odd. Mildred was taller than Anne by an inch or two and had more bulk. She was built with round features and with long reddish brown hair that she had up in a braided bun. She was even able to lift Anne up in the hug but quickly set her down. "I'm so glad you came!"
"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world. But it was a close call, thanks to somebody not telling me about a certain engagement." Mildred nodded, her smile still just as bright as before.
"Sorry I've been busy. It's not easy preparing a marriage you know." Anne shrugged; honestly she didn't know anything about that kind of thing. Unlike Mildred, her mother wasn't around to prepare her and her aunt was too busy to treat Anne like a girl. Not that she wanted any of that.
"Ah, but you must come to the ceremony. Our families are going to be there and you know you’re like a sister to me." She took the arm of her fiancé, who had been detached in the conversation, and he looked over at Anne. Anne looked him over but couldn't call his name to mind. He was definitely one of the Horace boys, his strong jaw and tannish brown hair with a smirk on his lips that mirrored the one from his childhood. She could see that face of him as a child now, that same smirk on his lips as he teased her with his brothers. He hadn't changed at all it seemed he was still just as cocky and egotistic as he was as a child.
"Anne, this is Emmet-."
"We know each other." Emmet said and Anne gave him a steady look. She was holding in her repulsion to him for the sake of Mildred's feelings. Mildred nodded happily.
"Okay well-"
"Mildred, honey, come say hello your grandmother." Mildred looked behind her into the crowd before going Anne an apologetic frown. "Sorry guys. Got something to catch up on but I'll be back in a bit. You two can catch up till then."
As Mildred left into the crowd, the air between Emmet and Anne grew to an almost static level. Both looked at each other with analyzing looks that were not quite glares, but not exactly conveying happiness to be stuck in this reunion. Emmet finally gave a sigh and ran a hand through his hair.
"Well, if isn't Anne. You haven’t changed much.”
“Neither have you.” At her tone of voice, he raised an eyebrow at her with that humored smirk on his lips.
“Now don’t be so cold. Don’t you remember all the fun times we had as kids?”
“Hm, yeah, now that I think about it we had so much fun while you pulled my braids and called me-names.” She almost slipped up and used that old nickname he had given her, the one that made her blood boil and gave her the intense wish she wouldn’t have aimed for his shin the time she actually fought back against him.
He gave a chuckle, realizing her slip. “Boys will be boys...hey I remember that, I used to call you something right? What was it....?”
“Don’t even think about it.” She warned him, her nose getting that slight angry wrinkle.
“Ah...now I remember,” He said, folding his arms, “You have the beauty of siren but the height of a pixie. Oh you used to hate it when I called you that. And here I though little girls love fairies, Pixie.” Her eyes narrowed and she drew in a breath. She had to remember to keep her voice down, as for Mildred not to hear. She moved in close to him, standing on her tip toes so that she could look him better in the eyes. He seemed surprised by that and like he was struggling not to laugh. That only fueled her anger a little more.
“I’m tolerating you for the sake of Mildred...no more no less. So if you can be civil with me, I can be civil with you, got it?” She didn’t realize how close she really was or that to someone approaching it might look like they were being intimate.
“Emmet m’boy you work fast.” Anne looked back and saw an elderly man behind her. Emmet gave a roll of his eyes. “Grandfather it’s not what you think-“
“No no, you don’t have to explain this to me. I understand you and your fiancé are trying to enjoy yourselves.” Anne and Emmet got a look of complete horror on their faces.
“Fiancé?!-With her-?”
“With him-?!”
“Ah don’t be so modest you two. Now let me get a good look at you my dear.” He said looking at Anne with squinted eyes. Because he was old Anne forgave the slip up quickly and tried to right the situation
“Sir, you’ve got it all wrong. Mildred is-“
“My lord, Emmet.” The old man suddenly interjected before looking to his grandson. “Tisk tisk such a boney little thing. Hardly any meat on her bones. Thin as a twig with hardly enough muscle to run a house. And look at those hips and that chest. Hardly anything for bearing children. Well at least she had a nice face and a bit of an ass.” Anne’s face fell, so shocked by the man’s words that she could hardly show just how insulted she was. When Emmet let out a bark of laughter, her emotions caught up with her and she whirled on him, slapping him across the face.
“Such a mouth-for an old man!-Hey-It’s not funny!” She growled at Emmet, a red blush coloring her cheeks. He was holding his cheek but still laughing. The old man had slunk away in all the noise when Anne snapped at him and the men around the bar that had been a spectacle to the incident were either laughing too or trying their damndest not to. She was lucky Mildred didn’t seem to see anything from the other side of the bar.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:30 pm

"anne.." doruth muttered walking up behind her pulling her tightly against his chest she could feel the growl that was rumbling in his body ".. why so riled up?" he questioned and took her hand kissing it. his own rose colored cheeks indicating he was already tipsy from the alcohol "you shouldnt hit men that are incapable of understanding," he said and looked up at emmet who now had an angry look on his face "yes im talking about you. such a neanderthal wouldnt even fathom to comprehend reprocussions to childish actions. oh im sorry was i using too vast a vocabulary? maybe i should speak to you in a chorus of moans that you have heard from nearly every tavern girl in the last few weeks. your scent absolutely wreaks of them." he whispered with a wink so that only emmet and anne would have heard him. he leaned back with a defiant smile and a sighed "ahh now look whose even redder in the face! i can barely see anne's hand print now." he chuckled and then felt a crash of a fist against his cheek making him take an uneasy step back "ah..." he growled putting a hand to his cheek. he had never been in a fist fight before and hadnt expected such hostility. he looked at anne and frowned then looked back at emmet "if you wish to fight be i suggest going outside. i wouldnt want to hurt anyone else" he growled ina whisper. it seemed as if no one noticed that emmet had punched him and just kept drinking and partying.
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 pm

(just got done watching a movie about moon spiders.....Now I have an irrational fear of rocks and the moon....lets just say if the world ends, I'll take the blazing inferno of the exploding sun over flying to a colony on the moon with those scary little creeps!)
Anne blinked when Doruth was suddenly behind her, her body tensing against him. She was pressed against him, not painfully so but uncomfortably enough due to the proximity, and the fact she could feel he was pissed. She looked up at him when he took her hand and her eyes widdened a bit in surprise when he kissed it. "Doruth what are-?" She looked at his face and noticed the red coloring his cheeks, the lull he seemed to have and the change in demeanor. She had seen it many a time while helping out with Mildred's father. Doruth wasn't completely drunk, just had enough of a buzz that it would affect him. She squirmed in his grip when she realized the look of irritation he was getting from Emmet, who was easily driven to lashing out when angry. Sure Emmet was a moronic brute and deserved to be ridiculed for his stupidity, but she didn't want that to happen at the price of Doruth being beaten to a pulp, regardless of his magic. "Who the hell is this guy?" Emmet snarled and Anne gave a shake of her head. "Ignore him-just-Doruth!" She hissed his name under her breath, trying to get him to stop while he was ahead. But of course he didn't listen and kept on running his mouth. When he said the bit about the whoreing around Anne's jaw fell open. Had he actually just said that? One look at Emmet's rising anger, to the point his face was turning red from exersion and the veins were prominent in his neck and arms, proved it was already too late to take thngs back now.
When the first punch was thrown by none other than Emmet, she was free of Doruth's hold, who was most likely going to be feeling that hit gingerly. No one around them noticed because most were probably drunk by then or too used to seeing bar fights to really care. "Doruth-!" She went to his side, trying to make sure he wasn't bleeding. When Doruth started talking about fighting Anne stepped in as Emmet trudged toward Doruth.
"You skinny little prick-" She quickly moved infront of Emmet, halting his advances.
"Emmet don't. This isn't the place-he's drunk and-"
"Get out of my way Pixie." He snarled, and practically just slid her out of the way with little effort. Now she was pissed. "Emmet don't you touch him!" She snapped but Emmet was too far gone to acknowledge her. He shoved Doruth back a good stagger. "You want a fight, twiggy, you've got one. I'll kick your ass now, infront of your little whore." He said and was more than ready to beat Doruth within an inch of his life.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 pm

"walk outside then... my little puppet" he snarled his hand twitching and a force around emmet pushed him out of the door and into the now empty road. "keep going.. yes thats it.." he said an almost evil smile spreading across his face but his magic didnt hold out very long and soon emmet was charging him swinging his fists. doruth took a blow to the stomac and then side stepped out of emmets way kicking emmet in the leg sending a force with it to push him back. doruth took a good few steps back creating a little distance between the two of them.

"if she was a pixie she would have a flesh eaten rotten hold in her back... " he huffed standing to wipe blood from his lip "it makes no sense... they are actually very tall aswell..." he said and shook his head "and if she was a pixie she would have liqified your guts" he laughed harder and then took another punch to the shoulder his time and he staggered trying to step away from him again

"you think you can beat me up!" he laughed loudly grabbing his stomach with a groan "i find that hillarious.." he said and then realized that he was leading emmet right out of the town. he chuckled 'yes just a little further...' he tought and took another hit this time crashing to the ground he tried to pick himself up and when emmets boot came down on his head doruth grabbed it with his hand and slammed emmet so hard down into the ground that he left an imprint in the dirt.

doruth stood and lifted his fists then felt his ear twitch and he looked behind him with a squint "what the..." he muttered and inhauled "gun powder..." he muttered and then an explosion hit right next to them sending both doruth and emmet flying skidding against the ground

"ANNE!" doruth said standing and looking around frantically "ANNE ITS THE REGAURDS! THEY BROUGHT A CANNON! RUN!" he yelled about to run to the town before seeing emmet with a pretty badly hurt leg laying on the floor. doruth growled and then ran to him another cannon ball crashing into the wall of one of the buildings on the outskirts of the town the rubble landing around them

"come on!" he yelled holding out his hand to emmet
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Anne watched as Doruth used his magic on Emmet and forced him out the door. She noticed it because she had seen him able to levitate things, but others just thought Emmet was staggering from being drunk. She tried to follow them but someone caught her shoulder. "Anne?" She looked back and found her aunt was there, looking at her with eyes full of slight glee, that was till she saw the desperation on Anne's face. "Anneleise honey, what's wrong?" Anne shook her head quickly, trying to pull away from her aunt.
"I can't talk now I have to stop them-"
"Stop who?"
"Doruth and Emmet! They'll hurt one another-or worse-if I don't stop them-" Her aunt gave Anne a strange look but didn't let her go.
"If its a fight they're in I'm sure as hell not letting you go out there-"
"Let me go!" She snatched her arm away from her aunt and took off into the crowd of people. She barely made it to the door when suddenly an explosion shook the tavern. Everyone seemed frozen for a moment before fear and curiousity began to set in when the second explosion arrived they all went into a panic. A man ran into the tavern, his hair a mess and what looked to be blood coming from one side of his face. "Regaurds headed this way!" That one word sent people into in a frenzy. Everyone was running every which way, trying to get out of the tavern. Anne, who was caught in the middle was swept with the crowds.
"Anne!" She heard her aunt call over the noise but Anne was trapped in a sea of unfamiliar terrified people. She struggled to break from the crowd but once it seemed she was nearly free, a new fire of a cannon would just stir the crowds even more. She waded her way through the frantic people and saw that Mildred was still inside the tavern. She raced there and found her friend was trying to help out an old woman who had been trampled in the chaos.
"We have to go!" Anne told her, pulling at her friends arm but Mildred continued trying to help the unconcious woman.
"No Anne, we can't just leave her-"
"Mildred we have to get out of here!" She gave her arm another tug but still failed to budge her. Suddenly she heard another explosion this time all too close by. "NOW MILDRED!" She gave her friends arm one last tug before they headed for the door. All too soon a cannon ball flew through the bakery and into the tavern, breaking the support beam. The whole tavern shook before boards and other things came crashing down around them. Anne saw what was going on and realized they both weren't going to get out of there fast enough. With as much force as she could muster, she shoved Mildred out the door, just before the boards from the roof crashed down between them. Anne was knocked back her head hitting the stone floor with a crack. She instantly lost conciousness unable to move or let out much of a scream for help in her pained daze. She couldn't even smell the smoke that was begining to fill the room from the decimated oven in the bakery that spitting out still burning coals onto the wood of the taverns walls that were slowly begining to burn from the gaping hole left by the cannon.
~~~
Emmet had no idea what had just hit him once that fight got into full swing. It had been Doruth...but not? It was like the wind or something was helping him? Not to mention the dude had serious strength, one that left him in a whole hell of alot of pain. But the sudden explosion was what finally tapped things off for him, causing him to land wrong on his already injured leg. He heard the snap and let out the cry of pained curses. He was pretty banged up so much so he had a hard time understanding exactly what Doruth was saying with all the ringing in his ears from the nearby explosion. He read his lips and heard the words Regaurds and cannons. That was enough of a summation of what was going on. He triedd to get to his feet but the pain in his leg only sent him back into a heap on the ground. He looked up at Doruth's offered hand and sneered. "Like hell I'd-" No sooner had he spoken and arrow hit the ground nearby and stuck into the rock. He took one look at that and one more explosion later and he took the offered hand. He still had trouble standing but was able to steady himself once on one foot. "The people in town-The must have heard the cannons by now if the farms a bit further out haven't arrived to warn them." He tried to put his leg down but it only shot pain through him. "Gotta get them out of there-safely." He said through gritted teeth. He may have been an asshole but he did care about the people in town, the family type bond most people in the village had.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 pm

lol I'm falling asleep typing lol. night night!
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:11 pm

doruth put emmet's arm around his shoulder "just hop and ill do the rest" he said and with every hop emmet took he bolted forward in a spurt making them move quickly till they got to the tavern

"ANNE!" he yelled and emmets father ran over taking emmet "get out of here!" doruth yelled and they nodded hobbling off.

doruth ran into the burning tavern and yelled again "ANNE!" he yelled. he knew she was in here.. he could feel the magic from the marble he had given her

"ITS OK ANNE IM GOING TO GET YOU OUT" he yelled but had no idea how. he slinked his way through the fallen boards as far as he could go and saw her just on the other side of the flames

"anne! anne!" he yelled but she wouldnt move. he took a deep breat and blew as hard as he could putting the flames out and also flinging some of the boards back like the wind from a tornado. he was able to pull her to him and he held tightly jumping up through the beams till they where at the roof, he hopped to the next building and then the next he felt a tingling crawl from his spine to the base of his neck and he let out a weird anamaliztic growl. he lept from the building and felt and arrow stick into his leg. he let out a roar and then kept jumping running quickly with anne in his arms the bandana slipping from his eye

he landed down next to the people who where running down the road away from the fight and handed anne to one of them "shes hurt. please... keep her safe for now" he said and then turned running back towards the town past emmet and his father and mildred until he ran rightinto the front of the redgaurd army. he felt his face change slightly and his fingers extend into long claw like things. he didnt change fully but enough to look like a deformed human beast. he through the men hacking them to bits as he went taking some damage by sword and one bullet skimmed his shoulder but after a while they all started retreating after seeing what he was doing. by the time he had finished it was too late. the village was destroyed and bodies of redgaurds and most of the villagers lay piled around him. anne's little farm was chared along with most of the other homes in that area and fires still burned around him.

doruth was exhaused. he didnt know what to do with himself as he looked as a piece of broken glass at his reflection. his jaw had become larger and black stone textured spots had grown around his face and covered most of his neck and arms. his legs remained the same but his back was hunched and his hands had become huge claws. he stumbled a bit hitting the dirt with a puff of dust. it was already day break. "anne..." he yelped pathetically "help.." he whispered feeling pain spread throughout his body he let out a roar and crawled his way into a doorway that was still standing a blood trail behind him. he huffed letting out a shiver and a cough curling into a ball his talons wrapping around his shoulders "ahh..." he huffed

(ok night night! and omg i totally saw that movie XD apollo 18 XD haha me and my dad kept laughing through it but i could so see why you would hate the spiders XD)
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:21 am

(lol that's the one. Omg when the guy ran up to the spaceship window and his face exploded with spiders I just sat there open mouthed. I couldn't even react! Over all though the movie was....well I expected like a better monster not moon spider rocks!)

Anne lay stunned, her body asleep but her mind awake, well, hazey but awake. She heard a voice calling out to her and instantly knew it was Doruth. She wanted to call to him to let him know she was okay but couldn't. She was overly frustrated with herself, trying but failing to make her body do what she wanted to do. Suddenly she felt a comforting warmth around her the feeling that she was held tightly made her feel safe. She felt her mind slipping at that comfort and her consciousness wavered. She felt so damn tired and now that she knew she was safe she felt no need to resist letting herslef rest.
Her rest lasted longer than she expected, not moving or speaking for the full night. She made her first stir at daybreak, when her head lulled and a pain shot through her skull when she rested on the tender spot on her head. "D-Dor-uth?" She groaned trying to nestle into that same warmth that had eased her worry earlier. When she didn't find it, she gave another groan of annoyance.
Someone stirred beside her and she tried opening her eyes to see them. Her vision was blurry from sleep but she could still see a figure as it leant over her.
"Anne?!" Anne winced at the voice and when a pair of hands sat her up. She wavered and nearly fell back to the ground if the hands hadn't stopped her."Easy lass. That bump on your head must have rattled your brain good. She didn't recognize that voice but she could guess the other was Mildred. Another person gave a noise of frustration. "Pixie snap out of it already!" Anne blinked her eyed narrowing and focusing on the clearig blur that was Emmet.
"Stuff it asshole!" She hissed, but let out a groan when a headache hit her. She looked around her and saw that she was in a cellar, one covered in cloth and spindles and textiles of all shape and size. She'd been down there before and recognized it as the cellar of the tailor shop. Mildred, Horace, and Emmet were there with a few other unfamiliar faces. But her aunt wasn't and neith was Doruth. She felt a frown pull across her lips. "where's my aunt?" She asked and she saw Miildred shake her head.
"i-I don't know." Anne stared at her but couldn't muster her fear past her numb shock. "Doruth?" Everyone tensed.
"He-" Mildred began but Emmet interrupted, "The freak stayed above ground. Tried to play hero last night while we took shelter here."
Anne's eyes widdened and quickly tried to get to her feet. "Anne don't its too dangerous-"
"I have to help him-my aunt-they could be-" The marble at her neck caught her attention and she let out a gasp. The clover wasn't dead but it was browing in places, its usual lively green now seemed like a withering one. She quickly and unsteadily hurried to the stairs and came up and out of the cellar door. What she saw-or well-didn't see let her horrified. The village was gone, left as smoldering rubble around her. People, some she knew others she didn't, lay on the ground around her, some gorier than the next. She walked forward. Hand over her mouth as she struggled not to cry, vomit, or scream. She only trembled as she walked along the carnage.
She approached the main street, or at least that's what she asumed it was by the ammount of wreckage and a sign that read the taverns name. "Doruth!" She called out, looking at the charred ruins of the tavern. Her horrified sob caught in her throat. "A-Auntie! Anyone please..." She looked over and saw the blood on the street, well more of it than she cared for and walked toward it. It was dragged, like someone had tried to get away from something. She heard a loud pained breath and coough and instantly tensed. It came from a building not t far off, one that was missing a good section out of it but still standing.
"Hello?" She walked toward the door way hesitantly and frowned at the dark shadows that consumed the roofed portion of the structure. "Is anyone hurt? She tried to go forward a little more but stopped when he shoee squeeked on something. She looked down and saw the bandana Doruth had been wearing to cover his eye. What terrified her the most was that it was soaked in blood. She looked up into the dark and squinted her eyes finding a shape on the ground. "D-Doruth?!" She hurried foward and gave him a touch to what she could guess was his cheek. She felt something rough, unnaturally so and quickly recoiled from it. "Who-?" She stammered reaching out with her hand to find something to bring more light in. Her hand found a cloth that was hanging over a second door way and she quickly tugged it away. It shed more light on the room, but to her instant shock and terror on to what she thought was human. It looked human but not completely as she noticed the dried bloody talons it had for protection in its ball. "a-ahh-ah-" It wasn't a scream or a shout, just a wavery cry as if she was unsure just how to react and slid back away from the person slowly.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:15 pm

doruth opened his eyes and looked at her. the blue one was a normal human eye but the orange had filled the whites of his eyes and the pupil was diolated drastically

"ann...rrr...." he groaned in a deep demonic voice his arms unfolding from his body. he let out a yell as his hands returned to normal and his face aswell leaving a blood uman looking doruth laying there

"i ... tried to save them..." he said his eyes still weird the orange one not going back to normal "your aunt... everyone... i tried..." he huffed his hands still covered in blood and blood from his mout where he had bitten people in two.

"i killed as many as i could.." he huffed reaching behind his head and groaned plucking feathers that had formed on his neck in his hair.

"anne" he cried like a lost child his face softening and his eye returning to a normal size with just a blink
+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Kimcora~ Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Anne sat stunned as she watched him change. It was as if a frigid chill had gone though her, making her body painfully numb. She stared at the blood on him, looking like his words didn't register with the way she simply didn't react. Her mind was shutting down, trying to keep her from snapping from all the sadness and terror that she was feeling all at once. She listened to him, her eyes raising to look at his face. He spoke telling her how he tried to save everyone...her aunt-She trained her vision on the eye that was still unnatural looking. It looked so strange like that of an animal...
The sound of her name made her sort of snap out of the dazed state she was in, only enough that she heard the desperation in his tone and the face that he made. She moved closer to him silently and raised a hand to his cheek. She looked into his eyes and though her face conveyed nothing, her eyes showed her true sadness. She looked away from his eyes and tried to rub away some of the blood from his face. She kept trying but it seemed like it wouldn't go away. Instead it covered her hands, staining them red as well. The first real sign of an emotion response welled up inside of her at that. She began to tremble and tears leaked down her cheeks. How stupid she felt, trying to wash away the blood as if it would wash away everything that happened. It only made her guilty of denial, guilty of being weak. She was breaking down to the point she moved into Doruth for some kind of comfort. She couldn't say anything only cried into his bloodied shoulder as reality came crashing down on her. Everything was gone, her home, her family, and her strength. The only things she had left was her friend, her childhood bully, and a man who she wasn't sure she'd ever completely understand. "I'm sorry." She sobbed, for many reasons. She was sorry for not being there to help save people, for leaving Doruth alone when she promised herself she would protect him, and for now crying all over him when she should be strong and helping him. He may have said he only tried, but he actually did something, had saved just a handful but enough that was significant.
~Kimcora~
~Kimcora~

Back to top Go down

Post by +AmA+ Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:18 pm

doruth couldnt even lift his arms around her he just huffed in the smell of her until he felt calm. he shakily took the small marble in his hands and lightly blew on it. it turned a bright green again and swirled around in the marble. his wounds healed but scars remained and so did the blood.

"come on anne" he said and rubbed her cheek with his thumb "be the strong nords woman you are and help me out of this bloody mess" he said and stood up shakily his torn clothes hanging off of him

+AmA+
+AmA+

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next