FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Dubstep EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Dubstep EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Dubstep EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Dubstep EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Dubstep EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Dubstep EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Dubstep EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Dubstep EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Dubstep EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dubstep

3 posters

Go down

Dubstep Empty Dubstep

Post by Claire Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Ah, the double-edged sword itself. Being tranquil and perfectly MUSIC one moment, and then insufferable noise the next. Dubstep is apparently the new musical craze among teenagers and some adults. It is most distinct near the middle of most songs in this genre, as it is when the so-called "wobbles" start. Wobbles are pretty much when the audio pans in and out along with a sound that could only ne described as metal scraping on metal.

The noise that results from these wobbles makes either a gut-wrenching sound, or if correctly used, a fast paced techno song. Skrillex is one of the many artists that makes music for dubstep, however his is much more liable to be called "music".

Anybody with opinions that differ mine? I wholeheartedly welcome you to try and persuade me that dubstep isn't just an audio form of ipecac.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Dubstep Empty Re: Dubstep

Post by Erel Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Opinion. If one can 'dance' to it, call it be. If one can jump in a pit to a screaming rage, then call it be. If one can drop like its hott to ignorant lyrics but catchy beats, then call it be. If one can ride them cowboy to talks of moonstone and truck, then call it be.

There is no persuasion here from anyone, it's your own persuasion to yourself that makes it so or makes it not music.

Only reason why I entertained this idea is because I myself was just listening to Skirllex and find it an awesome music to listen to while hitting the bag or help me write/blog/Game; and let it be known that it was right after Atreyu and Breaking Benjamin. So, but that is my opinion. It's my definition of music. Music which defines what I like and what helps me get through long rides or work days.

And I'll end it with this note:

Some people like to lick assholes and it turns them on for their tongues to touch the end where chocolate rain pours out of. I personally think it's disgusting but to them it's part of the sexual foreplay. Whom am I to judge and say they are 'disgracing' the act of sex? If it gets them to get the sensual moment on and bust milk in tits and pecks fine! As long as they ain't fingering under age or raping women then we are all good and it can be called 'Sex'.

Need I say more?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed May 16, 2012 6:48 am

No, your existential analogies speak for themselves. lol

I've given a chance to a larger library of dubstep since making that post, and I admit that I jumped the gun. Dubstep is an acquired taste, I've come to find out. UKFDubstep on YouTube puts out a lot of different artists and 90% of the time, I find myself with a nosebleed from extreme headbanging. Neutral

Apparently before I made that post, I had only listened to artists that took dubstep in a route that I just didn't like. Dubstep has many possibilities since it is techno based, and I'm finding a lot of artists that make some badass sounds. Nero, La Roux, and Freestylers are some good examples.

Hopefully, when the next musical craze hits, I'll get exposed to stuff I like and not the slow, hip-hop-ish crap I heard. :/
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed May 16, 2012 9:05 am

I like some dubstep, not all of it, but Skrillex is pretty good
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content