FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What Game(s) Are you Playing?

+12
Leon the Tempest
Nightmare
Just_Smile
Boko_The_Holy_Knight
Erel
Darkness Phoenix
The Cap'n
Zane the pure
Archangel
Leonknight
Claire
RYCloud92
16 posters

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 Empty Re: What Game(s) Are you Playing?

Post by RYCloud92 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:57 am

Between Uni I'm playing MGS3D. Loving the photocamo and glad that they switched the location for 95% of the Yoshi's. Good to have one of my favourite games on the go.

Also getting back into Fallout 3, there are still some DLC sidequests I haven't finished yet (haven't even been to Point Look out or Anchorage yet)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:38 am

A whole hell of a lot of multiplayer for ME3 for me!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:35 pm

RYCloud92 wrote:Between Uni I'm playing MGS3D. Loving the photocamo and glad that they switched the location for 95% of the Yoshi's. Good to have one of my favourite games on the go.

Are you using the circle pad pro? I played the demo and the controls pretty much sucked I also hated how I needed to set the brightness to max in order to see while playing on the go.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Darkness Phoenix wrote:
RYCloud92 wrote:Between Uni I'm playing MGS3D. Loving the photocamo and glad that they switched the location for 95% of the Yoshi's. Good to have one of my favourite games on the go.

Are you using the circle pad pro? I played the demo and the controls pretty much sucked I also hated how I needed to set the brightness to max in order to see while playing on the go.

Actually using the basic controls. Takes a while to adjust but once you do it's flawless. In fact the only real camera trouble I've had is when it comes to The Boss fight, and thats only because the camera is mostly fixed.

The brightness thing is a gripe I will agree with, especially when you start Operation Snake Eater and it's at night. In a building with good lighting you can see but one speck of sunlight and I couldn't tell wall from grass.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:52 pm

@Nemo i see what u mean about bayonetta i find it quite an enjoyable game its not one i would play endlessly though unlike boarderlands or armored core xD
Nightmare
Nightmare

http://www.scythgamegroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

@RY, The only part of the game that bugged me with the brightness is the cave. Is that an issue in 3D?

Focusing pretty much all my time on Persona 3 Portable.

Spoiler:
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon the Tempest Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Smile
Leon the Tempest
Leon the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:07 pm

nemo wrote:@RY, The only part of the game that bugged me with the brightness is the cave. Is that an issue in 3D?

They lit it up a bit more, I think they realised how much of a pain it was (compared to the HD Collection version it's easier to get through the cave without a torch). However like I mentioned earlier if you where playing it on the go and it was somewhere really bright (naturallly (sun wise I mean (indoor lighting has no negative effect whatsoever))) then you have no chance of seeing anything.

Although there is a solution for those dark eras on the go and thats to equip the thermal goggles (at least that way you can see Snake).

Also another thing I should mention is the fact that they have 3 selections of aiming styles which you can switch back and forth with easily. FPS, TPS (Peace walker/MGS4 aiming style) and AUTO AIM (useful in THE Boss fight if the fixed camera gets to you). Also 3D is partially disabled in FPS mode (reduced to a lower level automatically) so you can make your shots easier without being distracted.

As for the 3D, the effects are good (benefits from the jungle enviroment). The depth really comes through in most areas (most specifically when looking FPS in the Pain fight, durning a cutscene where water or dust gets on the "camera" or during THE Boss fight with the petals (does make the fight tougher slightly though)). However on a whole that really depends on how well your eyes can percieve 3D (I have a few mates who tell me it hurts their eyes, others are ok with it)

Best thing about it though is the Update to a few models, only slight updates but they are there if you look for them. Easiest to notice is Naked Snakes facial model, which has been redesigned slightly to resemble Big Boss's (es...?) facial structure more then Solid Snakes (broader jaw line, that sort of thing)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 pm

[Big Boss'] is the term you're looking for.

All of this sounds pretty sweet, although The Boss fight didn't bug me that much in the PS2 version, and I've yet to play HD since I simply can't afford it right now. 3D view would bug the hell out of me in that fight, since there are petals flying around and they prove to be a distraction in 2D alone. Seeing Naked Snake look more like Big Boss would be awesome, and less misleading for people starting on MGS3D, so they don't wonder what the hell Solid Snake is doing in a jungle environment for the first hour. >_>

I'm still hesitant to play a game like this on the 3DS, since the original DS has always been unplayable in my opinion. And adding 3D doesn't make it better.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:40 pm

whoa, is leon the tempest new or is this the leon we already know
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:44 pm

nemo wrote:[Big Boss'] is the term you're looking for.

All of this sounds pretty sweet, although The Boss fight didn't bug me that much in the PS2 version, and I've yet to play HD since I simply can't afford it right now. 3D view would bug the hell out of me in that fight, since there are petals flying around and they prove to be a distraction in 2D alone. Seeing Naked Snake look more like Big Boss would be awesome, and less misleading for people starting on MGS3D, so they don't wonder what the hell Solid Snake is doing in a jungle environment for the first hour. >_>

I'm still hesitant to play a game like this on the 3DS, since the original DS has always been unplayable in my opinion. And adding 3D doesn't make it better.

Thanks (on the Big Boss' bit)

Also it is a very subtle difference, his face appears slightly longer, jaw a bit bulkier as I mentioned earlier. Eyes also seem different as well as nose (or it could just be me going crazy)
What Game(s) Are you Playing? - Page 4 Metal-gear-solid-3d-snake-eater-20120215001852440
(taken from ign)

I will say that if you ever happen to get a 3DS, or have a friend who has one and are curious about Metal Gear, try the demo first from the eShop (as mentioned there are 2 control types (default Buttons = Camera and Circle Pad pro). Although I would hope you like hunting for Yoshi's (Kerotans) if you did get it (I'd say around about 98% are in different locations)

Also speaking about The Boss fight does she always leg it towards you or is it just me everytime (I swear as soon as the fight starts she grabs me in two seconds (on PS2, HD and 3DS without fail).
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:31 pm

His face is very different, I can definitely tell without even looking at the top picture. His nose is sharper, and his eyes changed angles slightly.

My buddy has a 3DS (he actually became a member not long ago, Leon the Tempest), and he has the demo, so I'll ask him if he feels like lending it to me for a day or two.

The Boss always runs straight for you as the fight starts. As far as I know, there IS a way to counter it with CQC, but I'm clueless as to how. I just unequip whatever weapon I was holding and let her hit me. After that, I don the Snow camo and whip out the Dragunov. Thankfully the 3 Snakes are there, cause I found myself draining stamina a little too fast waiting for her to poke her head out.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:13 am

nemo wrote:The Boss always runs straight for you as the fight starts. As far as I know, there IS a way to counter it with CQC, but I'm clueless as to how. I just unequip whatever weapon I was holding and let her hit me. After that, I don the Snow camo and whip out the Dragunov. Thankfully the 3 Snakes are there, cause I found myself draining stamina a little too fast waiting for her to poke her head out.

Same, although I equip my motion radar and Thermal googles and alternate, get to the opposite end of the map and tranq whenever I see her lean out from a tree. When she finds me I just lather, rinse and repeat.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:16 am

REEL MAN DON'T USSE TEH MOTION RADDAR!

Only kidding, that thing has saved me from walking out in front of an enemy on a number of occasions. Nothing's more awkward than walking in front of an armed Soviet like, "Whassup."
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:30 am

i knw what u mean about that Nemo xD ive done that several times then minuites later gets swarmed and im like dont hurt me im friendly xD but seriously i always use motion sensor now xD
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:55 pm

I finished FF 13-2 a few days ago and now I'm playing Dragon Age Origins plus super street fighter 4 3d edition while on the go.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 am

atm im playing some of the Retro Games i have on the 3DS one of which is Sonic Triple Trouble ahhh the good old days :3
Nightmare
Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:49 pm

AC: Revelations, later this month I will be spending a lot of time with the Witcher 2
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:01 am

STill on Mass Effect 3 and a little bit on Ninja gaiden 3. Probably going to pop Neptunia MK2 soon.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:09 pm

I heard NG3 sucks balls, just what I have read, but not much good news coming in from that game
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:17 am

I bought Uncharted 2 a couple of days ago, and it's almost finished T.T
That game is way too short, lol

*edit*
And it's done --
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Zack'sCloud wrote:I heard NG3 sucks balls, just what I have read, but not much good news coming in from that game

It's like I bought a demo. The essence of the game seems like it was missing a lot of components that makes it a full on complete game. while NG2 got a lot of hate as well, it still offered a lot of fun gameplay with a wide variety of weapons, enemies, the feel of advancing gameplay wise by leveling up weapons... etc. etc.

So to finish your statement, yes it does suck balls. But regardless, I find some areas noteworthy. If anything else, I paid $20 FOR THE GAME. I will make use of it, get some trophies and write a review.

So, playing Mass Effect 3 still. About to get back into the Geth and Quarian dispute as a female Shepard.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:49 am

well at least you got it for cheap, still haven't bought Kingdoms of Amalur yet
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Final Fantasy XIII

Fallout 3

Having fun With Fallout. FFXIII, not so much.
Whatever.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:25 pm

just finished with AC: Revelations achievements, now going to tie some loose ends with ME3, only 1 week until the Witcher 2 releases!
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next