FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Glitch in X-2? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Glitch in X-2? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Glitch in X-2? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Glitch in X-2? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Glitch in X-2? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Glitch in X-2? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Glitch in X-2? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Glitch in X-2? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Glitch in X-2? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Glitch in X-2?

2 posters

Go down

Glitch in X-2? Empty Glitch in X-2?

Post by Claire Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 am

I've been playing this game again the last few days, in an attempt to complete it 100% in a single run. Simultaneously, I wanted to master all the jobs as well, then I ran through it in a Thief Class Only run. I ran through every area twice, making sure I got all the completion points I could while also promoting the Open Air agency. I realize the Argent agency has better items at the end, but I just flipped a coin.

The only reason I've never been able to accomplish 100% in one run is because I could never achieve the Episode Complete in the Calm Lands no matter how many points I achieved for either agency. I think the reason for it is I avoided playing the mini-games because they're a pain in the ass. I don't know why I could never achieve the Complete status for it, but according to all the guides I could find, a scene is supposed to begin upon entry to the Calm Lands in chapter 5 no matter how many points you achieved, but as long as you promoted an agency. For some reason, the Calm Lands doesn't even appear as a hotspot in chapter 5 for me, in every single run I've ever done. I wrote this off as something I was doing wrong and looked at many a guide to look for what it was, then tried again this last time following ONLY the instructions on a GameFAQS guide, and still nothing. At this point, I just collected all the items available on the Calm Lands and left it at that.

Then something interesting happened, while I was fetching the chest in the lower left corner of the map (right by the road to Remium Temple) where I was unable to exit that area no matter how much I combed the area, while holding the O button. I think a glitch is present in my save system. Wherein I can never achieve 100% without glitching it in a second run. So, I've never gotten the Mascot dressphere, and I can never obtain 100% on one run.

I stopped my replay at that, until I can find someone to tell me if I've done something wrong. This isn't the first Square game to not allow me to do something that someone else can. In Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, I have never been able to activate Ethereal Blast with Fayt will full Fury and well over 60,000 health. No one else has had this problem, and I've even watched videos showcasing the conditions for Ethereal Blast and I still can't do it. All that happens when I hold the button is a buzzer. I've tried cancelling into it, and still nothing, not even the AI has activated it.

So, if anyone has experienced this glitch(?), then tell me that it is a glitch, or if you know what I'm doing wrong, PLEASE tell me. Because I would really like that Mascot dressphere, and 100% in one run. :/
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Glitch in X-2? Empty Re: Glitch in X-2?

Post by BLEH Mon May 21, 2012 4:15 am

umm... i remember when i looked up help for this game when i was playing it to make sure i didn't miss anything... i remember it saying that getting 100% in one run is impossible... because you can't see all the cutscenes in the one playthough or something... to get 100% you have to do at least 2... (more if you want all the endings)

as for the mascot dressphere... its not needed for 100%... and to be honest... i can't remember if i got it... or how to get it.... although... something in the back of my head is saying you need to defeat the boss in the desert to get it... which i think is a harder battle than the final boss...
BLEH
BLEH

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 am

Actually, I managed to rectify this problem. Turns out I had about 20 PR points away from activating the scene when I posted that. >_>

Getting 100% is definitely possible in one run, you just have to bust ass making sure you miss NOTHING. Getting the Mascot dressphere just requires an Episode Complete in every region. Have to say the effort was well worth it, though, since the Mascot is just...broken.

I did find an actual glitch though. It occurred on Gagazet when the Ronso build a statue based on answers given to them in chapters 1 and 2. I answered all of them correctly, because the Garik scene changed and the battle was substantially easier than normal. I walked past the statue in chapter 5 before activating the scene with Kimahri talking down Garik and it was definitely a statue of Yuna when I walked by it. After I activated the scene for Episode Complete, though, it miraculously changed into the Kimahri statue. I walked by it again after the scene to see if it was still Kimahri, and lo and behold, the statue was still Yuna. I was disappointed, but still got an Episode Complete for it.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum