FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
ATTN: nemo EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
ATTN: nemo EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
ATTN: nemo EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
ATTN: nemo EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
ATTN: nemo EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
ATTN: nemo EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
ATTN: nemo EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
ATTN: nemo EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
ATTN: nemo EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

ATTN: nemo

5 posters

Go down

ATTN: nemo Empty ATTN: nemo

Post by Erel Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:58 am

nemo wrote:From my side, it wasn't an argument. It was two people who really liked the game getting offended because I found I didn't care for it. I even apologized, and you refer to it as me trying to argue? You do realize that it is only a game and shouldn't be taken so seriously. I'd be rich if I received a nickel every time someone told me that FFX was a piece of shit. However, I can only see you countering that statement with "your opinion is invalid because Mass Effect is Jesus while FFX is something akin to [insert gay sex pun here]". I left this topic because I want to avoid childish behavior like letting a game cause us to get angry at each other. Zane made that post without my knowledge and I appreciate him being the adult here seeing as you and I can't.

I have decided to take my reply to your statement out of the Mass Effect series because it is digressing to a direction that seems to not fall into the topic's criteria(believe it or not, news to me that someone was actually 'offended'). So with that out of the way...

In regards to your assumption, I was never offended, in fact I was never really angered. I was just sad and astonished cause you lack a real fun gamers point of view as you yourself had stated diving into Mass Effect and coming out of it. I could care less if you didn't enjoy it, but I was just defending it cause you really had no solid base from my point of view. And you mention us not acting like an 'adult'? I jest all the time and use my 'debate' with some tense words to get my point across. Honestly, throughout the course of the whole posting I was having fun expressing my passion and knowledge for this game. But your previous post insinuating me stooping to a temper tantrum child did slightly rubbed me the wrong way. I guess I'm just used to debating with fun forum members in this place and other forums, and people who try not to assume my 'emotions' behind typed words. And I may use a lot of vulgar butt sex jokes with my argument, but I stand firm with the idea that I can and have 'argued' with tangible points through my experience of a game, in this case Mass Effect. If someone can't see that about me then I have no business with that person in any other debate or to trade ideas about any other game.

I use the word 'argument' loosely BTW, my mistake. And my Passion with games is part of my personality for being a gamer who sees games as a fun thing and not to scrutinize and see the flaws in things(that is not an acquired skill btw). So to you I may take it seriously, but to me its my way of expressing how fun a game is. To be clear... I was never offended or mad at anyone. I was waiting for someone to refute my opinion/s intelligently and with some solid grounds in regards to the game. So let me use your tactic and ASSUME on something, while Zack and myself had pretty much echoed each other, it seems to me you had a PERSONAL vendetta against me by again, ASSUMING that I was mad and further pressing the issue of me acting childish in the matter. If you felt like you were going that direction, then that's on you man, not me. As I said, I was having fun and enjoying the fact that I know this game in and out. Yet your claims of you seeing me 'countering your statement the certain way' and you knowing my 'emotions' through my typed words only did one thing, ASSUME, you made an ass out of you and me. Your claims of me in that post makes me wonder if my pm to you beginning of this year fell on deaf ears. And by the way if you didn't know, FFX is my favorite FF.

So if you want to get a better or last word in this by all means. I don't think you need to apologize for your 'opinion' nor do I for choosing to 'argue' the way I did. Truth to be told, I posted my apparently 'offended rebuttal' after your first pessimistic opinion on the game on my way to vacation, so truth to be told, I didn't read your 'apology' post til recently since I forgot all about the topic. The subject didn't get sparked up in my eyes until Zane decided to say something in your defense(the first time), and I would've told you then as I did now, why the fuck are you apologizing? I wasn't offended... but clearly... you assumed a lot. Trust me, kid, I know how it is to have some of my favorite things bashed and I would be rich too for every penny that someone wants to say that a certain thing sucks. That shit doesn't bother me as much as you think it does; I still enjoy the game and every month of the year there is a game (new or old) for me to enjoy while so many others just bitch and moan about how bad the gaming world is now.

So, for future reference, when I am no longer posting with some intelligence or some coherent statements about a certain topic and only drop 'F' bombs, and not being my jovial 'sexually active' metaphors, that's when I am being childish, which truth to be told, I go to this forum as a means to help keep it 'alive' since we all know its pretty much dead, so a lot of the things happening here are all miniscule in regards to everything I am active with online (and Real Life). SO in other words, I could give a rat's ass if you can't enjoy a godamn game, that's on you. And forum 'friends' are just forum friends and their words form no real 'damage' on my real life persona and 'emotional health'. So please, do not project your lack of adulthood (as you have mentioned in your last sentence) to me because I am still able to debate (as strongly biased as I may be, unless proved otherwise) or share my ideas even when the other side is just throwing barbs just for the sake of bashing. I can still do it with some maturity even if my writing style can be intimidating, provocative, or just plain jovial (other people's feedback, not my opinion on my writing style).

And just in case it isn't clear, I'm not posting this out of pure anger but like I have said, it did rub me the wrong way that you decided to post the way you did and have all these accusations. This is just to clear it up from my point of view and my side of things. In other words, I'm too fucking too old for this shit. LOL.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

ATTN: nemo Empty Re: ATTN: nemo

Post by Claire Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:08 am

I'd be lying if I said I had any skill for social interaction, and apparently it's followed me to the internet. I'll be honest in saying I had to think to myself for a few minutes after reading this. At first, I didn't know what to say because most of your statements here are right and I have no way of denying it. I'm still clueless as to how to respond to this. I'll have to return to this later.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 am

Lemme also add in my last notes I guess.

[Erel]
The purpose of my final post in there was merely to try and brush aside the discussion by adding some final notes on his statements. I wasn't speaking for him in the sense that I was defending his opinion, rather that it was stated and it was finished. I also didn't mean any of the "unpleasantness" was from you. I was merely stating that Zack'sCloud's little quip about other genres was a little tasteless. SO, I have absolutely no quarrel with you, and I "assume" by the general direction of your posts, you never had any quarrel to begin with. Very Happy friends? Very Happy

[Zack'sCloud]
Also no offense to you, I didn't like the comment because I thought it was getting a little personal, but maybe I was assuming to much on the meaning of that comment, so the harm was probably self-inflicted. I spoke up because I wanted the issue to end at "he didn't like it" "you guys love it" "and critically the game is all but perfect for good reasons".
So maybe after we all have our last words on this we all get back to being awesome eh? afro
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:31 pm

I guess I should put my two cents in here as well

Firstly, I was never mad about nemo's opinion of ME, more disappointed truthfully, but if don't like it, you don't like it. That's life. I don't like a lot of games Erel likes, but I don't bash him about it. I never took anything personal, I thought that Erel and I's points were valid, and weren't bashing nemo, just simply pointing out that he didn't give the series a fair shake.

As for FFX. Where did that come from? I dont remember anyone saying that it was a bad game or anything like that.

The only thing that irritated me was zane trying to stick up for nemo. This is a forum, we can speak for ourselves, and so what if it gets a little heated? That what this place needs, good debate. That is one of the reasons I liked TorrentWave so much when he was on here, bc he was a polarizing figure, and he pissed me off a lot. It made me interested to come on here to see what else he might have posted.

@Zane--my remark about the fighting genre may have come off harsh, but I think it's true, you tell me if not. Does it not only take an hour or so to decide if you enjoy a fighting game or not? That's how it is for me.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:43 am

@Zane: I didn't think there was any conflict beyond the 'argument' of the said topic as you had stated. I used the 'that's cute' statement as a means of sarcasm if that was an issue at all. Regardless, friends, yeah. Again, aside from what I have already said in regards to being slightly 'irked', it's all good.

On a different note, there were many times when Zack and I reciprocated our differences on a few games in the past. One I can remember clearly is my point about FFVII being overrated and his love for it. While I have made my peace with the game and understand why it is embellished, I still stand firm to my opinion while coming out of it respecting his. Another good example is Amarant, his words can be as crude as mine (though I can add a bit more humor in most cases), but he gets right to the point as well. In the end, all three of us can call each other obscene nicknames and argue our passion for games, but I know we are still cool in the end. Yes our debates and arguments had gotten as 'heated' as this one, but I was still having fun trading ideas and opinion with them, and I assume they were too.

@Zack: lol. wasn't it tyrant wave or something? And in regards to fighting games, I agree and disagree with your statement, but I won't tangent off. This topic had done it's job for the most part. Waiting for Nemo's reply, and I'll lock it (not that it matters, all four of us are mods in this place where there are 6 active members at the moment. lol)
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:12 am

lol, ya tyrant wave my bad...we need more ppl like him around
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:40 am

Zack'sCloud wrote:Does it not only take an hour or so to decide if you enjoy a fighting game or not? That's how it is for me.

Me personally being the actual fighter maniac, I spend weeks before I turn a game away, but I look at frame-data, priority, techs, and various little details that would improve the gameplay with hawkeyes. Ya'know, tournament stuff that gives most people a headache. No offense taken, and I think Nemo's biggest niche honestly is Jrpgs
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 am

Oh and to add this note, I still love JRPGs. I know I 'bash it' all the time, but it's just that I think I'm also one of those old timers who wants the old feel, old stories, but in the newer graphics and gameplay. I guess to quote Katsimodo(spelling?) from the Last Samurai:

"I belong to the way of the way of the warrior, in whom the old ways has joined the new."

I'm just waiting for a game that is a fusion of what I like now that makes me feel I am in the 'adult' (I use that world loosely) but still feel like the nostalgic child from my past.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Tyrant was an asshole.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:12 am

He may have been, but sometimes he had good points. But I can concur with you. But then again, you're an asshole too, but I still happen to like you cause you're sweet like pumpkin pie.

I think I get the reputation as the nicest and the most perverted member of this place.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:48 am

Well, I have no excuse. After I stated I had not liked ME as an RPG, I was expecting retaliation (because I knew my opinion was not truly valid giving it so little time and LOOKING for flaws right off the bat) and thought I found it in y'all's posts. I still view it just like I view Dirge of Cerberus, in the fact that I just don't think shooters should mix with RPGs, but that's a personal view of how it affects the gameplay. I also don't like custom character crap stuff, but I didn't see a skip option (probably didn't look for it) and just assumed I was forced to build my own character. I assumed you guys would retaliate because I somewhat lied when I said I don't care when someone says they don't like FFX, as I've been playing it since first obtaining a PS2 and simply can't see why someone can't like it and it irks me.

Like I said, I have little social skill and I was just expecting someone to get upset and it turned out to be just me. I know that my time limit for games isn't really fair, but I do believe that if a game doesn't interest you even a little in two hours seems like a failure. Zane's witnessed me play 'Tales of' games and has watched me turn it off after about an hour simply because I can't find anything to like about it, but that's just an example. Zane was also there to watch me bitch and moan playing ME3, making little insensitive jokes and saying "the only perk is Keith David, LAWL".

@Zack, I can't argue with your point. Fighting games usually decide the interest of the player in about an hour since the game won't be changing at all in an hour. lol However, Zane is more the fighting game junkie since I've only really gotten into one series so far, and that's BlazBlue. I've tried Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom and liked it at first, but lost interest after I found that the game is heavily unbalanced. Soul Calibur got fuckin old, and fuckin stupid with the character design and the gameplay, but that's my opinion. Anyway, yeah, fighting games are apparent by an hour's gameplay, but I don't leap for joy at the mere mention of them most of the time.

So, yeah, I misread your comments and this topic serves no purpose now, I think. Truce.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 am

Just don't forget that we are a very close quarters forum and there is no need for bad blood personality wise. Least that's not what I go into forums for. We can disagree and attempt to dissuade each other in each other's opinions of it, but again, I do it in a fun (least I thought so) and sometimes too long winded response. But then again, I'm hardly the person for a short response.

And here's another food for thought that will take some of you guys by surprise, or for some, you already know, Dude, I'm freakin 28 turning 29 years old in a few weeks (boo yah. Game room's collection apparatus will be running out of space now for all these things I asked for. lol), I have a full time job which requires a lot of me, a family (no human children yet xD), and of course still dealing with the whole household problem from last year's decision of using flames for 'blessing', then the everyday little drama that every human being has to deal with, and I have a hell of a lot of entertainment to delve into that keeps me young in heart(Um, surprisingly, no sexual puns there, but hey, I have hell of a lot of rope! lol), so suffice to say I have very little time to get pissed off at people's rants and opinions on forums. As I have stated many times in the past, we are familiar strangers/forum friends, when your opinion adheres with mine, great, if not, then we can debate or I can just keep in mind that I still love life and you are missing out on a pinnacle of God's blessing (sarcasm lol)

So truce then!

And yes guys, that is my real age.

ATTN: nemo 689389a50d2c310d18093f43fa7703831322632265_full
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Lol

So now that that's out of the way, TOPIC LOCKED, as well as soap and toilet paper for all my men!
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down