FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
PSN Classics EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
PSN Classics EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
PSN Classics EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
PSN Classics EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
PSN Classics EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
PSN Classics EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
PSN Classics EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
PSN Classics EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
PSN Classics EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

PSN Classics

+4
The Cap'n
Erel
Just_Smile
RYCloud92
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PSN Classics Empty PSN Classics

Post by RYCloud92 Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Last year PSN released a downloadable version of FFVII, meaning fans could play it on their PSP's

Checked today to discover that FFVIII is also available now at the same price. I'm guessing it wont be long untill FFIX is available to.

So what do people think about being able to download the games to PSP/PS3 awesome idea or just a waste.

Me? I think its awesome, problem is I'll need to order a bigger Memory stick now to download VIII (which will all together cost me £35 (no £10 PSN cards here yet)) but if it means I can play two of my favourite PS titles wherever I want its more then worth it. Just hoping IX does come out (all my PS cards are faulty, last time I played IX I got to Disc three then the save got wiped, because I had done so much and had other stuff at the time to handle I never got round to beating it, same with VIII but my save was corrupt when I got to Edea's castle just before the last boss)
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

PSN Classics Empty Re: PSN Classics

Post by Just_Smile Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:21 am

Hmmm... I'm intrested in buying FFVII :3 I told my mum some months ago I wanted to buy the game, but that makes it a lot easier ;P (if you guys think it's worth it Wink )
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:08 am

totally worth it.

FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX is probably down a few months. Not sure how long til the PS2s come out for it though.

One hting, I wish they added Trophies on them.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:20 pm

Just_Smile wrote:Hmmm... I'm intrested in buying FFVII :3 I told my mum some months ago I wanted to buy the game, but that makes it a lot easier ;P (if you guys think it's worth it Wink )

Very much so. FF7 is one of the best in the series.

Two of my friends bought FF7 off the PSN, one knows her shit so her and her boyfriend are playing it while the other stopped playing when he first bought it and that was with me and we laughed our asses off changing everyone's names. They wanted to get FF8 but I think FF8 is one of the worst in the series (IMO) and I know both of them so well they would despise the game. Then of course I pressure everyone to play FF9.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 pm

its a great idea, bc some of these games are hard to find for one thing, especially ff7, and can be pretty expensive, so I think it is a good idea, what harm could it do?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:17 pm

It just that I looked around the internet when I found out about FFVII last year and some people where complaining that they had to buy to the game again (still though I have to learn its the internet, people complain all the time XD )
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 am

I already have both XD As soon as FF7 came out on the PSN I ordered it straight away. My difficulty being that I bought my partner the 60gb one when it came out which allows you to play PS1 and PS2 games on, he bought me a 40gb one and I can only play PS3 >.<

So installed a 500gb hard drive in and just download old games to my hearts content, this was definately a win for me when FF8 came out on PSN cause that's my favourite.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Off Topic but, what harm does it do for the Ps3 to install more hardrive? Is it out of the Sony warranty?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:50 am

Yeah it's out of the Sony Warranty once you've touched the inside of it. But if your like me and very protectove over your baby, then you shouldn't need to worry about the Warranty. Besides loads of space!
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Breaking into the system and adding shit to it makes the world go round. That's what made the PS2 go from big hulking brick to tiny little piece of cardboard. People hacked the system because they downloaded games online and played them on the system. When Sony found out, they turned the system really tiny so that if you try to break into the system, you're bound to break something really important.

Sony may have found a solution for that and any additional space added to the PS3 may fuck it up but it may not as well. All I say is life needs guinea pigs and to do it. Bad thing is if you break it, well ya gotta get a new one...
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Yeah, I've had my 500gb for a year now and sure as hell works fine as the day I bought it, but there always be the thought of something happening lingering in the back of my mind.

Hopefully, they'll bring out FF9 sometime on it soon.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Well they just released 8 right, so 9 will follow up soon. Maybe by the holidays or before that. Good way for me to force friends who have a PS3 to buy the game because I rave about it every time we talk about games.

Till then, download Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid to keep ya busy.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:57 pm

FFIX is defintely coming soon. That's the one FF I don't have a copy for so I'll defintely buy it cause I want to have it.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:04 pm

I got it. In fact, I got 2 copies of it lololol. But the original black casing CD's don't work too well so I use my Greatest Hits version most of the time. When I wreck a PS3, I won't buy the 3 big FFs anyway. I'll just hook my PS2 up and play them on there. I mean, PS3 can't take memory cards can it? I will download Crash Bandicoot and a whole ton of other games. I wonder if FFTactics will be on as well. And Tomba, I want Tomba!
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:11 pm

I have it, but I lent it to my brother and one of the CD's came back all scratched so at some point it just crashes on me and I cant get the damn thing to work Sad It's so hard to find them where I live too, so I can't wait till it comes out on the network.

You make an internal memory card. So it's like a memory card, but it just uses you hard drive space.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Crap. And I can't download my saves from my memory cards onto the PS3 huh? Oh well.

Well you could buy the Greatest Hits version online. Amazon.com has it for 15 dollars brand new US so I have no idea what that converts to in pounds... or Euros or whatever they use in England nowadays.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Pounds still Smile Think it would be like £10 over here. So that's not bad, I shall have to invest seen as my other is scratched and I can't be having that >.< Thanks!
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:32 pm

*Thumbs Up* FF9 Nerd to da rescue once again!

*Leaps to the windowsill wearing a giant brass button with a "IX" on it, turns head slowly to see everyone, then leaps outside into oncoming traffic*
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 am

Now the next thing they need to do is come out with FFX/X2 international on the PSN.

Although I have yet to see PS2 games on the PSnetwork .
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 pm

I imagine they wouldn't bother with that, Erel.

Anybody here beaten VIII? I want an input before I download it. I can't wait till they put IX on PSN, I remember it being the best of the PS1 games.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:38 am

Personally, I despise FF8. I hated it's story and it's characters but who knows. From how I know you, I think you may enjoy it with its romantic story but at the same time, things get very frustrating with the game and the Junction system is a pain in the ass and is named the most annoying development systems in the series even though its also the cheapest as you can max out everyone's stats by the second disk.

Plus the whole time travel shit that happened in the game is retarded. Laguna, Kiros and Ward are the highlights of the game and when they show their faces, it's a treat. Plus this game has my favorite renditions of Biggs and Wedge plus my boy Gilgamesh makes an appearance as a support summon who kicks serious ass when he joins you and can pop up in boss fights to cripple the enemy.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:22 am

I was so close to beating VIII, I got to the last Disc and had saved just before the Ultimecida fight, then guess what.....corrupt memory card.

Still got an 8GB memory card for my PSP now, so as soon as I get £20 I can download FFVIII for the go
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:55 pm

ya but in ff8 odin dies wtf, summons shouldn't die thats gay
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:13 pm

Lol honestly i thought that was cool that a summon got defeated...and by his own move technically..Reverse Zantetsuken ftw!
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:51 pm

@RYCloud, 8GB???!!!! How the hell did you come across thast>>!>!!!!we4rqwf c38qy fw
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum