FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue

+3
Erel
RYCloud92
Darkness Phoenix
7 posters

Go down

Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue Empty Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue

Post by Darkness Phoenix Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:22 am

Around the world, PlayStation 3 consoles simply aren't working like they're supposed to, with an error — Error: 8001050F — preventing people from not just going online, but from playing some PS3 games offline as well. [Post updated throughout day.]

From Europe to the Americas to, well, my house in Australia, users (mostly of older "Fat" consoles, those released before 2009's "PS3 Slim") have been complaining since Sunday that upon booting their consoles up, they're unable to sign into their accounts, check their trophies, use dynamic themes or access the PlayStation Network. That's fine, Sony say there are PSN connection problems, and that they are "looking into it".

Problem is, the error does more than just prevent you from going online. It prevents you from playing certain games offline as well. Even for some consoles that aren't connected to the PSN, like debug units. The screen above is what I was greeted with on a retail console when attempting to play Heavy Rain, and pressing out of it simply reboots the PS3, returning you to the main menu screen. It's the same story for other games that feature dynamic trophy support.

PSN games are no different; I tried to boot up "Flower", only to be greeted with a similar message about failed copyright protection, and it was right back to the XMB.

Sony say "stay tuned" for updates on the problem. In turn, we've emailed Sony for comment and will update if we hear anything more.

While theories abound that this has something to do with the calendar on older PS3s (some users are reporting their date/time settings have been reset), bear in mind Sony has redesigned its PlayStation website over the weekend, so it could be the result of some tinkering under the hood for the PlayStation Network. Then again, if consoles not connected to the PSN are also affected, it could be something else. Who knows!

Whatever it is, though, you have to wonder at the design process that turns a network outage into something stopping you from playing an offline, singleplayer title.

I haven't used my PS3 in a couple days so I wouldn't be surprise if mine got mess up as well. Crying or Very sad
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue Empty Re: Warning!.....Worldwide PS3 issue

Post by RYCloud92 Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am

Mines doing fine, I was playing "inFamous" yesterday and I'm currently watching "UP" on blu ray and it seems to be running fine
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:04 am

I have yet to try my 'fat' one. I was using the Ps3 Slim all night cause I wanted a bigger screen away from my game room.... and I didn't have any problems going online or playing games.

Well, Sony better fix this though cause my fat one has the FFXIII skin. ANd Sony can't afford to fumble this a week before FFXIII release. Feels like the Red Ring of Death all over again if I go home and my fat one doesn't work.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Last night around 10pm it happened to my partners, trying to play Bioshock. It also stops you playing Smackdown and White Knight Chronicles. Mine and my partners is both doing that today. Apparently you just can't play it for 24 hours...so heres to waiting...
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:33 pm

heard about this, hopefully it isn't too serious
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Nah, it's to do with the internal clock in the 'fat' ones cause they're older and the 'slim' ones have got new data in, there's a bug in it thats gone round. Not allowed to touch the PS3 for 24 hours or you risk losing data and trophies. After 24 hours they should have fixed it.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 pm

i only own the newer edition so, haven't had any problems yet. so meh i trust sony
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:46 pm

PlayStation Network Service Restored
Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

"We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.
If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Playstation.blog

Well, seems like that's over pretty quick. Many people are able to use their Ps3's all over again from my side of the fence. Let me know if yours are. I never had the problem since I've been on my Slim the whole time.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:32 am

I heard about this stupid shit, at least everything is back to normal but it makes you think maybe this can happen again. Every machine has its fuck ups. 360 has it's RRoD and PS3 now has bugs... of death... BoD.... but not something super serious like the RRoD. At least PSN saves your trophies and shit online and you can recover them on the main website. Not sure about that with 360's as I do not dabble with the machine. Good thing it didn't effect everyone's PS3s but it sucks to be a fatty user.

BTW, Erel, you have TWO PS3's!? Fuck man, it's hard enough for me to try and get a PSP...

A guy on another forum was bitching yesterday about this. He's one of the people like me who find the whole trophies thing stupid. But people like it so meh. I just like to play the game and never worry about online gameplay unless it's a fighting game when I'm bored, other than that I don't want the whole internet shit that can fuck up my game system. And unless the trophies do something truly significant like the more I have, I can get free dlc like games and movies, then I'll care about them.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:19 am

What was even worse, people in Japan who have the FFXIII couldn't actually play it because of the trophy system built in the game. That was same for me with White Knight Chronicles.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:42 am

@ Amarant: Yes I do have 2 Ps3s. Heh. hard work and shoving and pushing gets me some luxury in life.

So yeah any of the trophy related games wouldn't work. At first I didn't get why games wouldn't play offline, then I realized, Trophies are online features.

And yes every great system has flaws. I'm sure this isn't the last issue we'll have with the PSN. I wasn't too upset because one I was still playing, second the online is free. You get what you pay for so... Luckily that was fixed. And I think the new models of the 360s have yet to run across and Red Ring of Death. I think. But that did suck when both of my 360s had it.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:19 pm

yea but u see how quick sony fixed the bug glitched, unlike microsoft with the RRoD. Yet i have the slim edition only so lucky me, because i would have flipped!
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:11 pm

Yeah lucky you. I wanted to play mine >.<

Least it's sorted now stupid time confusing itself for a leap year.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 pm

you dont lose any info with the RRoD bc you remove your hardrive, what sucks is that you have to send it to Texas, and you don't get it back for like 5 or 6 weeks it seems, luckily I have only had it once, I haven't tried the trophy system yet, but from what I hear more ppl like the achievement system better although they are similar. Amarant--ya I didn't really care much about achievements at first, but it isn't all about online play--and plus it gives ppl a reason to replay the games to feel like they really beat the game totally--I actually like it a lot now
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:08 pm

I think Trophy system is better because last time I achieved all the achievements for a game in 360 {Elder Scrolls IV}, I didn't get something extra. In the Trophy system, you get a platinum whenever you achieve ALL of the Trophies in the game. {DLC not a factor to achieve the Platinum}.

Trophies and Achievements gives games that you pay for full price more life. A good example? Dynasty Warriors. Why I still play it? Don't ask. Well, That game i can squeeze 10 hours of 'FUN'.

Then of course after that it's blah. But I kept it for another 20 hours strictly to get Trophies and my Platinum. Got more life for it. I like the bragging rights too. Certain things you have to achieve is challenging, some are blah. So it gives me a pat in the back. That always feels good.

And when I had my RrOd I didn't lose my files. Just my console for a month and a half.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:53 pm

I mean, if I play a game like FFXIII where you are required to be online to win these stupid trophies, what about people who don't have internet connected to their system? Does that mean you cannot play it whatsoever? Because that is just really really stupid. Fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard. That's what I meant to say about the whole trophies thing being stupid with games now. Why do you have to be connected to the internet? What if I don't want to but now games are so dependent on the online connection that you can hardly play the damn thing.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Now the 360 did it right where the online connection doesn't affect achieving or playing the game. That part I understand completely what you are saying. and you are right, it is pretty damn stupid if online affects offline based games.

I was appalled that Ps3's online defection affected offline play.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 am

I believe this topic has come to an end now as the issue is over. So I will close this topic.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down