FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Best voice acting in video games EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Best voice acting in video games EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Best voice acting in video games EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Best voice acting in video games EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Best voice acting in video games EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Best voice acting in video games EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Best voice acting in video games EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Best voice acting in video games EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Best voice acting in video games EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Best voice acting in video games

4 posters

Go down

Best voice acting in video games Empty Best voice acting in video games

Post by RYCloud92 Sat May 08, 2010 6:06 am

Simple just say which video game series you think has the best voice acting.

For me, hands down its gotta be the MGS series. David Hayter leading the ship with his performance of a legendary soldier give the character a feel of life, this isn't just a character you play as to sneak behind enemy lines, this is a character you really care about (and as the immature haters of MGS2 proved, maybe cared about too much (but discussion of 2 and its hidden meanings should really go to another thread)). Then you have Paul Eiding, the only man who can play Colonel Roy Campbell and in the original and 4 he does come across as Snakes old war buddy, the two might get p*ssed off at each other but you can tell through their performance and in the script that these two care about each other a lot.

Then we come to the voice of the most hated and misunderstand character, Raiden. Voice by Quinton Flynn (aka Reno and Axel) he makes the character come across as Kojima wanted, a arrogant, self opinonated and submissive lacky, who only does as he is told because he believes he is a legendary member of foxhound. For those who have never realised, he is the closest representation to the basic video game player, he's someone who wants to just kill and be like the big hero, who is confused and p*ssed off as to why he is no longer a Snake but now just Raiden, who refuses to see something for what it really is (in the games case Rose) because he has this perfect picture already in his head, and Quinton plays these emotions and characteristics greatly.

Whatever way you look at it the MGS series has been written and voiced by people who have much love for the series, and through the performances of all the characters you can learn that there is a whole level of meaning behind what your going through.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Best voice acting in video games Empty Re: Best voice acting in video games

Post by Claire Sat May 08, 2010 11:18 am

MGS2 was great, people got what they asked for when they said they didn't want to use a "middle-aged man" running around in a skin tight suit. Nerds get what they deserve for complaining. >_>

Anyway, I loved this series, and the voicing was really perfect for a good amount of the characters, David Hayter wasn't the perfect voice, you can tell he doesn't normally talk that way, but he's still the only Snake in the world. Cam Clarke as Liquid Snake was the coolest in the game, imo. He was arrogant, snooty, and a real jackass, perfect for his design and personality.

I can't think of a voice that bugged me outright, but my favorite is Vamp, Stereotypical, but it was really very menacing and gave me chills when I watched the military bloodbath scene. I haven't seen anything of 4 yet, so if they changed his voice, then I'm talking about MGS2.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat May 08, 2010 1:04 pm

MGS series has phenomenal acting but David Hater is so mediocre at voice acting, stick to writing screenplays dude... wait fuck that because he wrote the Watchmen screenplay...

Batman Arkham Asylum is second in my mind because the Batman Animated Series is still in my mind the greatest voice cast in an animation and when they return all the original actors to our systems with Steven Jay Blum included than it's 10 times more awesome but Steven was my complaint in the game because as good as an actor he is, it's the same damn voices every time. Normal gruff voice, Wolverine/Vincent voice and GRARLHARRGHTRRFG evil monster guy voice.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 pm

Arkham should just win this because of the fact they have Hamil (ultimate Joker (no offence to Ledger fans)).And its nice to hear a normal Batman that isnt as weird as Nolan's Bat persona (best not tell him, he'll throw a fit (BTW what happened to the whereabouts of that assistant from the Terminator Salvation film (just a thought)))
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat May 08, 2010 5:37 pm

my fave voice acting is from the mass effect series, idk all of the actors, but some include seth green as Joker, Charlie Sheen's dad as the Illusive Man, Yvonn Strahovski from Chuck as Miranda, and several other great voices they all fit perfectly
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down