FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
What makes your games EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
What makes your games EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
What makes your games EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
What makes your games EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
What makes your games EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
What makes your games EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
What makes your games EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
What makes your games EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
What makes your games EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What makes your games

2 posters

Go down

What makes your games Empty What makes your games

Post by RYCloud92 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:17 am

Note I may have already done this thread before, but I couldnt find it so Razz

Simple really. We all know games are filled with different things that make them enjoyable. Different elements that when combined make perfection. In order list what you believe are the most important elements of gaming to you.

Below is my list and my opinion on each of the features.

1 ) Gameplay - No point in playing a game if you can't enjoy it
2 ) Challenge - The harder it is to beat, the more I enjoy it (as long as its not broken)
3 ) Unlockables - Secret characters, different clothing, soundtracks, ultimate weapons. Always nice to get a bit extra for hard work
4 ) Story - A good narrative for your journey is like a little pinch of salt.
5 ) Controls - Have to be able to play the game without difficulty
6 ) Game hours - How long a game takes to beat it, the longer it lasts the better (trophies and achievements dont add to game hours)
7 ) Quality Camera - Not being able to see is a real pain. Good camera controls are a must.
8 ) Multiplayer/Wi-Fi - Depending on the game this feature can bring hours of entertainment.
9 ) Fresh Ideas - If done right something original can turn a new title into a classic.
10 ) Graphics - Not so important, can add to the experience I suppose.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

What makes your games Empty Re: What makes your games

Post by Archangel Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:23 am

i always have six traits that i go by when i review a game, the scores i give each one is always out of 60 (weird i know, but it covers everything)
gameplay--everything from the controls, to camera angles, to the fluidity of the motions, what in the game makes it fun? sidequests as well

visuals--this is important to me, the visuals don't have to be great forever, but for their time rather, great visuals and art really enhance the world around you, this is one of the things that make mass effect and red dead redemption so good. lighting fits in here as well

length--simple, the game should feel appropriately long. not all games can have a 40 hour campaign, but when you finish the story you should be able to feel like nothing was missing, and you received a full experience, replayability also fits here

story--probably the most important concept to me personally. I love a good story, it what drives sequels and make you fall in love with the characters and the game itself, plus the satisfaction from completing a good story with a good ending is the ultimate good feeling

characters--characters should be dynamic during the course of the game. They should change and grow, you should be able to notice this as well, dialogue, humor, and voice acting fit in this catagory for me as well

music/sound--great music makes a great atmosphere, and sounds such as the creepy sounds in dead space really enhance the gameplay
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down