FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy?

+2
Erel
Archangel
6 posters

Go down

Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? Empty Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy?

Post by Archangel Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:42 pm

I think this is an interesting question to ponder. Now I love all of the final fantasy games, but sometimes I think that is they made one ff with a mature rating, it could be even better. I don't think it has to have all of the gore, but maybe some love scenes and language, it just makes it feel more realistic, it wouldn't have to be raunchy, just have a stronger feel to it, oddly enough I think this edginess is what makes some games really good, like the Mass Effect, or Dragon Age games, they push the limits, but don't go crazy. Plus it feels like some ff titles have the potential to be M rated anyways, ff7, ff8, ff9 seem like good examples to me
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? Empty Re: Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy?

Post by Erel Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think FFT had vulgar language and blood, didn't it?

I think all FF's have the potential for mature content.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy? Empty Re: Will square ever make a M rated final fantasy?

Post by The Cap'n Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 am

Eh, leaning towards the side of no.

Yeah sure, swearing makes it more real but M rated games are retarded for the most part because people swear uncontrollably and the insane amount of gore just dumbs everything down. FF7 did what I think the perfect content for an FF game, language uncensored, funny sex jokes and a few smooches. Nothing more.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 am

I don't think Square Enix should make a horror-FF with a lot of blood, but sometimes the games show too less blood, lol.
An example is the fight with Vayne (at least I think it was Vayne xD) at the end of XII. You hit him with swords, smash him with sledge hammers and hit him with arrows and in the next scene he's almost dead but he hasn't got one tiny scratch, lol. That was kinda funny Razz
However, I think they wouldn't have to overdo it, since FF's main subject is friendship.
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:31 pm

I don't think they should go to the extents of Gears of War, God of War, or GTA, but some games do well with M titles( a few come to mind BioWare stuff obviously Mass Effect games, Dragon Age, and Bioshock, or maybe Halo) these games are all M rated but don't overdo it. I would enjoy hearing some strong language from a strong willed character, it just adds to their personality. And com on you think Cloud and Aeris or Cloud/Tifa would just be cuddling all the time---i dont think so
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:27 pm

I think Cloud and Tifa would be doing it hott style.

Besides... I'd like an M just to show Rikku and.... argh Gippal do it.
Twisted Evil
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:56 am

I say no, because too many games do it nowadays and the only main reason they do it is to get the game sold. It's like one of those money grabbing ideas.

You put a dirty magazine somewhere to buy and a guy will buy it. You put a 100 FF's with love scenes and language in and 100 people will buy it because of that. It's just like when swearing started in rap and r'n'b songs, everyone wanted a CD because of that.

I prefer FF as it is now, don't get me wrong it'd be good to see an FF like that, but I prefer FF the way it is now.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:37 pm

So on a more serious comment, I do believe that all FF's can have some very mature content. But they shouldn't steer it that way.

Some blood, kills, sexual content, vulgar language, would defintely be a little more appealing for a lot however, it will take away the whole 'innocent' and yet very serious and underline adult content that FF has always conveyed. I don't think it will be the same FF. Can you imagine Yuna and Tidus doing it in the water after she turns away from Yevon' for instance? Or Barrett saying 'Nigga, I kill you', or how about Kefka shown cuttting General Leo open and play jump ropes with his intestines? Not the same...

I think Square is trying to accomplish through other games like Nier. That game looks violent, and I think that would be good to leave FF alone from turning into something that is not.

Last edited by Erel on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by KOS-MOS-1701-A Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:36 pm

I dont think that Square will ever make and M rated game, mostly because while they do have blood, killing, sex content, swearing, ETC, they mainly try to keep the FF series directed at a wide audience instead of just adults.
KOS-MOS-1701-A
KOS-MOS-1701-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:34 am

im sorry Erel but some of things you just describe gave me visuals and I was laughing my ass off "nigga I kill you" that would be damn hilarious
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Heh. It would be, but not very FF like.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:24 am

true, that sounds more like Cole Train from Gears of War lol
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down