FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only))

+4
Tainted Dreamz
Larc
Aka
The Cap'n
8 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) Empty Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only))

Post by The Cap'n Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:12 pm

"Single file!" The guards shouted, their voices echoing in their helmets. Hundreds of people chaotically infested the main plaza outside the remains of Castle Ajora. Five years have passed since the fateful day that put the once beautiful city into ruin, plaguing the streets with filthy thieves and whores who steal to survive. The cobblestone pavements have been scorched and destroyed due to the onslaught from the Battle at the Wall. The clouds had covered the skies that day with rain so gentle to your face that almost all your worries seemed like they could wash themselves away until the guard shouted at the people again. The Ajora Plaza used to be one of the main aspects of the city, the streets hailing with business and the people were happy. Making food, forging weapons, planting the herb gardens, the once paradise that was created by the benevolent ruler Adam had changed almost instantly as the Odemir forces cut through one Ajorian after another until the city had no choice but to give in or else let their people be buried three feet underground.

Today was tax day as Odemir needed as much money to continue with the war as possible and now that Ajora was under their control, they found not much a reason to tax their own people when they could do it to Ajora. Guards from both St. Ajora and Odemir were present in the plaza, each holding a large sack with the collected amount of gil from the people. Axel was one of these guards. He stood out from the rest as being the only knight wearing the Ajorian symbol on his coat. Most of the guard had lost their way and threw away anything that symbolized St. Ajora and fully dedicated their life to King Ricard of Odemir. Axel eyed the people he once knew and held his bag out in front of his people. “The tax is 500 gil,” he said. The crowd exploded. “500!” One woman screeched. “Fuck man, it was only 200 last week!” The people were in frenzy, shouting and swearing at the Paladin for even saying that to his own people. “I can’t afford that!” The town’s blacksmith yelled. “I know the tax increase is ridiculous,” Axel stated, trying to calm the people down. “No shit it’s ridiculous!” “I have three kids to feed!”

“Then feed ‘em a rat or something. This place is crawling with them. Might as well end the over population of them and fill your bellies.” An Odemir Guard shouted from behind Axel. The other guard laughed and walked up to the crowd of people shoving the bag towards the people. “One day, God will make you burn!” another man yelled. “Ha! There isn’t a God,” the guards laughed. “This city was founded by lies and false hope created by your ‘Profit’ Ajora.” Axel clenched his fists harder on the bag and walked closer to the people. “Just pay the taxes please. We’ll accept anything that’s equal worth. Weapons, art, anything that is valuable will do.” Axel was pleading to the people, he knew what would happen if the people refused. He has seen it happen too many times to count. The murder and raping the guards do to anyone who can’t come up with any gil. “But I’ve sold everything I own to pay for these taxes,” a woman cried, “I have nothing left!”

“Oh boo-fucking-hoo. It’s not my problem if you can’t pay for these.” A guard returned. “Then we’ll let you wait until next week but you must pay us for two weeks of taxes.” Axel said, trying to negotiate. The guardsman laughed and moved Axel out of the way. “Fuck that Paladin. They pay with gil,” he pulled his sword from his sheath and pointed it towards the woman, “or with blood.” The woman screamed and slowly walked backwards, holding onto her sides and tears pouring down her face with the rain. Axel ran in front of the guard, trying his best to talk to him. “You don’t need to kill her! For fucks sake, she can wait an extra week.” The guard swung his hand out and slammed it against his face, blood slowly trickling down his cheek. The guard stepped forward, raising his sword to cut her down. Axel got on his knees placing his hand on the hilt of his blade but stopped himself from pulling it out. He couldn’t let anyone get hurt because he was so careless. He let go of the sword and thrusted his hand onto the heel of the guard and grabbed onto it. “I’ll pay for it! Just don’t kill anyone.” Axel looked up to the guard, his face showing the scorn and hatred of the Odemir knights, the only thing he wanted to do was to kill this man but couldn’t allow the guards to see an Ajorian revolt and let his people suffer. “Fine,” the guard said and placed his sword back into his sheath. “Collect the rest of the taxes and give me the gil afterward. But this is the last time you’re gonna stand up for this Broomal, unless you want to end up like your King.” Axel nodded and let out a sigh of relief until he felt the hardened blow of the guard’s foot stopping on his side. Axel completely fell to the ground and raised himself up, his side in pain but not strong enough to keep him down. He looked up to the guard then got back onto his feet, grabbing the bag and placing it out to the people again. “500,” he said again, wiping his cheek with the back of his hand and staining his glove. “Or anything that’s equal.”
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) Empty Re: Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only))

Post by Aka Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Ami sighed exasperated. She had made it to Castle Falrod after months of travel suffering sea sickness and god knows what else.

She was hungry tired and fed up with the entire journey. This was the first time she was sent out as a collector and things were not moving along fast enough for her.

She made it back to her room at the Rusty Maid. The Tavern was at the edge of town were she could leave quickly if need be. Ami was in no mind for staying long with in falrod any way.

Ami was in a mind for finding Matoya’s Crypt and getting what she needed form it, that being the legendary tome of spell. She sighed pulling out a pouch from her pocket and pulled out the Crystal Eye that was once Matoya’s. she didn’t know enough magic to use it out right but it was the best damn map she had ever seen.

Ami had looked at maps all her life, she had a map of the library memorized. But drawing maps and being able to travel with one is different. Ami still gets lost with in the halls of Daggurrio… hell she could get lost in a burlap sack if given half the chance.

She sighed looking at the Crystal as the fire light flickered off of it. “ well…we will get there soon hmn… Matoya’s Crypt… “

She quickly put the Crystal up and grabbed her things. “ time to go. “ she put on her gun holster and checked to make sure everything was in place as she set off. She could be out of the gates and well over the hill with in an hours time.
Aka
Aka

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only)) Empty Re: Final Fantasy Frontier ((Sign-Up Only))

Post by Larc Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:38 am

"Every strike though my appear the same, has different strength on it." said the Master as Cyan sat quietly, listening to every word. The fire at the atelier wasn't lit, but the weather is hot enough to make the young man sweat profusely. "I already knew that, Master. That's the first thing you taught me when I started training."

As if he didn't hear the boy's interruption, the Master's continue on and on with all the basic of forging and the blacksmith's ethic. Giving up, Cyan stop saying anything and do his best at listening all of it without falling asleep. Though he fail miserably at it. A few minutes later he already drifted off to the dream world.

When he did woke up, the sky is already dark. Rubbing his eye slowly, he noticed that his master is already gone. Standing up quickly, he ran outside and found his master standing alone at the beach. "I'm sorry, Master! I didn't mean to-"

"Yes, I know. Though I hope, the reason for your sleep is that you already understood all of this by heart." the Master said with a very calm voice. Something that surprises him, since the old blacksmith usually reprimand him for falling asleep in the middle of his speech. Scratching the back of his head, Cyan step forward to stand beside him. "I sure hope so."

Sighing slowly the Master took out a piece of paper, "Then, I believe that you are ready." Taking the paper, Cyan look at it and recognizing it as a map with small letter inscribed in it. "What is this map for, Master?"

"So that you won't get lost. This will be the first time you'll be outside of this island alone." answered the Master.

Cyan's eyes lit up, "Does this mean... You finally recognize me as a Blacksmith?" Grunting slowly, the Master turned to look at the boy, "Yes, I suppose you are ready. You has all you need to know, and what you lack is experience. That is why I'm banishing you from this island until you learn what can be learn from the world."

Jumping with excitement, Cyan hug his Master tightly, "Thank you, Master! I'll prepare for my departure immediately!" Without hesitation he ran back to the main house where he live with his master and prepare for the journey he know he'll have tomorrow.
Larc
Larc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:08 am

The streets were filled with people trying to get from one place to another. As the sun was out it was a busy day in the Falrod market place. The city had seen it's better days and today seemed like one of those. As Lahn passed each stall she could only wonder of what ingredients she would need for her next white spell. She had many ingredients that had helped her to maintain her Cure spells but she needed something much more stronger for what she had planned. She remembered the day her brother Kina had given her the recipes for White Magic spells she would need on her conquest.

"You have to put the root in with the water to create the highest potency for your magic to increase it's effect" Lahn had stared at Kina as though she knew what she was doing but, she had a long way to go to get as good as Kina was. He was a master of Black Magic who delved in to that of White Magic, he knew more than Lahn would ever know about magic and she too was going to learn all this one day--she needed to.

As Lahn thought about her brother giving her the recipe list she walked past each stall with her cloth boots making a faint tapping on the pavement below her. Her hair wasn't tied in the usual plaited knot she had worn everyday, now it was flowing around her shoulders as the light wind that was blowing around her shuffled every strand of hair.

She came to a stop ahead of her where a stall with a red and white sheet had been placed over a wooden foundation to keep the weather from effecting what the stall may hold inside. She gazed over the stall as it sold many and various flowers that she may need. She brushed her hand across a few Gysahl Greens to take with her along with some Kupo Nuts that may aid her in later recipes.

"50 gil please" announced the stall holder--Lahn had noticed it was Trian who lived a few houses away from her--as Lahn placed 50 gil in to his palm and walked away from the stall with a bag full of new ingredients.

The path was loitered with people she knew from different homes around the city. The pavement was made from some highest form of concrete, flat and plain as anything else around Falrod. The only part of Falrod that was highly decorated was the Castle. Falrod wasn't acquainted to letting strangers in to their city, not with what Falrod was teaching about their form of magic arts. Lahn had always been apposed to this and with her new style of White Magic she was going to teach Falrod a lesson one day.

Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:49 am

The task is tedious and yet miniscule. Another collection day and Arin is sent amongst the few knights and Paladin just to create a vibe that things are serious if payment wasn't adequate and on time. As she walks through the broken city with her eyes wandering at every distressed resident, Arin can only reply with her an expression of disgust for their inability to fight. Their lack of will to even pick up a sword and either fight for Odemir or for themselves; instead they cower. They either plead or give their hard work's effort with sorrow but a fight is something they are not capable of so they submit.

"A dying breed."

Arin mutters enough for her companion Yujin to hear. Although his reply wouldn't be coherent in any language the human tongue can speak, the great shadow feline lets off a grunting sound to agree with Arin's statement. He understands her just as well as she does when they have these 'one sided' conversations. Then amidst the crowd combined with Odemir soldiers and peasants some sort of qualm catches her attention. As she walks towards there, the Odemir Knights and the peasants alike moves out of her way. Although she has no real rank because of her gender, Arin does command a presence. Yujin walks with her, giving a good glare at everyone as they step out of their way.

When finally hitting the middle, Arin walks pass what seems to be a frustrated and prideful guard. As she passes him, Arin then notices Axel Broomal getting up from the ground. He must have had some sort of disagreement with the knight Arin just passed by. Not a surprise. Arin notices Axel’s actions may be in adherence to the King’s orders, but his mind totally disagrees. As Axel then gets up and continues to the collection she hears the words: ’500, or anything that’s equal.’

She shrugs. She knows that gil is the only thing that was meant to be collected. But she knows this Paladin well enough to know that he has a certain soft spot for Ajora’s legacy. But that is none of her concern. She is here to do what her King told her to do and she will go about her business. As she walks pass a few more peasants, she can‘t help but over hear one whispering to another.

“She is supposedly one of Ricard‘s great Samurai? She is a mere woman.”

Arin stops. Yujin does too.

“I bet it‘s how good she makes the king feel in bed rather than her skill with the sword.”

Arin turns her head towards that direction to see a young man about twice her size. Arin isn‘t very big at all and it wasn‘t her fault she was anything but bestowed in good looks which makes the man right. But he is false in regards to her skill. With her eyes now glaring right at the man, Arin rushes towards his direction and before he was able to see, Arin‘s knee rams right in to the mans groin forcing him to bend over in pain. Before he even had the chance to feel the full effect, Arin grabs him by the shoulder, hurls him on the ground and right when he falls on his back, Arin‘s sword comes out to point at his throat while her long barreled gun points at the crowd behind her just in case they would decide to rescue their jabbering friend.

“Choose your words wisely.” Arin presses the sharp tip of Muramasa right in his throat, breaking skin but not to kill. In the mean time, Yujin snarls over him, his fangs showing while his eyes glazing in red. “I am not one of your whores to mock nor am I even worth your low level to have me in your thoughts. The only reason why I don‘t kill you now is the fact that King Ricard wishes something out of you. Which I assume you have.”

“…Y-Yes ma‘am!”

As he reaches for his pouch, Arin presses the blade harder.

“It‘s not my duty to grab it from you. My skills are too great for this child‘s play task. So hang on to it for a little while until one of them collects it.”

She takes Muramasa back and sheathes it. Then she puts her gun on her holster that hangs on her waist.

“At least for a few moments you have some pride until it is stripped away from you again. Come, Yujin.”

She walks over the man and with one final snarl, Yujin follows. Soon the crowd whispers only fear of her presence. They have other thoughts, but they would leave that when Arin is far away. Mostly it‘s how much they resent her and the kingdom she serves. Their high horse is bound to fall some time soon.

Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 am

Another silent day. The same routine played out in the weaves of fate. This was Geitz life, a life that he would choose beyond anything else. No one bothered him much up in the mountains, save for the beasts that prowled along in the shadows and the night. It was peaceful, it was bliss. Though today would be different, it would be one of those few rare moments where fate decided to mix things up a bit. Collection day, he lived still on Odemir lands and knew that guards would come and have him pay his taxes. He did so just to have the guards leave his hut, but not before they decided to ransack the place just to annoy him. This time though, he didn’t have the gil to pay, as his hunts where not as successful this year. He barely had one hundred gil to his name, but he didn’t rely on such a trivial thing such as that. He was going catch hell this time, but at least it would add some spice to his life

A sharp rap came on the door followed by a voice, and he knew it was the guards. “Open up in there, we know your there.”

He paid no heed to them though; instead he kept on eating his breakfast that he cooked up. He knew what they were going to do next, as they did it every time it was tax collection. He heard their footsteps walk away from his door, and a few seconds later a loud crash rang out through the silence as they broke down his door. “You know you might as well just do that right away,” Geitz stated still eating, as if nothing had even happened. He looked over real quick to see the guard snarl a little. Oh how they hated to be ignored like that.

“I’d advise you to keep your mouth shut; I could have you arrested for this you know. Now pay your dues. Five hundred gil”

“Five hundred now is it? So the king decided to raise the taxes this year. Too bad, you see because I don’t have even a simple hundred on me,” Geitz stated, turning in his seat to face them. His face obviously showed that he didn’t care for what they said or did to him for that. He knew this would just enrage them even more. They probably weren’t use to someone standing up to them. The guard that was standing in his door snapped his fingers and another guard entered and started searching his hut, tearing things down and flipping things over to find a stash of gil or something that could be sold for that amount. “Sir what about this,” the guard asked his companion, pointing to Geitz’ axe.

“Yes, that will do just fine.” The other said walking over to it and examining it.

“Your not taking that,” Geitz stated getting up from his seat. He didn’t care if they took anything else in his house, but Ba’al was one thing they would not take from him. “So I’d advise you to back away and get the hell out of here.”

“Sorry, we don’t take orders from someone like you. Take the ax-“

Before the guard got to finish his statement, Geitz had moved up behind him and slit his throat. He then looked at the other guard, who was frozen in fear. Geitz pushed the body down and took Ba’al and cleanly chopped off the dead guards head. For once someone was going to stand up to them. He then found a basket and placed the head within it and put a cover over it and shoved it in the other guard’s arms. “Take this to your king, tell him that if he wants his money he can get off his lazy ass and get it himself. From now on, I am not paying the taxes that are required. You pathetic fools and pulled the last straw.” He said and the guard quickly exited the hut.
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Ignis walked in. "Got some meat for today!"
His sister, Dusk, sat in an old sofa. She looked at him and smiled. "Mom went off to pay the taxes. What did you catch ?"
Ignis opened a leather back he carried on his back. "Just a few rabbits... I couldn't catch bigger prey. Maybe tomorrow, huh ?"

Even though Ignis is a good hunter, he respects life and nature. His father taught him not to kill young animals, and how to regognize older or weaker prey. He also learned only to kill monsters if he's in trouble. Maybe it's because his father was born in the Relm of Beasts... Or so they say.
Joe, Dusk's boyfriend, hunts together with Ignis sometimes.
The family is quite poor, but because of the boy's hunts and Dusk's vegetables they can keep on living and selling.

After a few minutes, Mara came in. Ignis and Dusk noticed immediatly her sad and worried face.
"Wazzup, mom ?" Ignis tried to sound somewhat cheerful, but there was sorrow in his voice.
"The taxes have increased."
-"Aaaaargh, that's it..."

Both women looked surprised yet angry at him. "That's what ?", Dusk almost shouted.
"You have Joe, right ?"
Mara feared for the worst and tried to stay calm, "No, you're not leaving this house. You stay here with us. No matter what they do."
-"Yeah right, I'll stay here and watch everyone, including you, starve. Nah, that doesn't sound like---"
-"Do you even know what you're talking about ?! Do you wanna end up like your father ? We don't wanna lose another person, Ignis"
-"He DID something for us. I wanna do something too ! The world's not gonna change by sitting in our chair, crying for losses. We had this conversation for so many times.I love you guys and I can't watch this anymore."

He closed the door and just kept walking without thinking, needing some time for his own.
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:03 pm

The bag Axel held slowly started to get larger as gil and jewelry were being thrown inside. But one thing he couldn't stand was the look every person gave him. Their eyes felt like knives were stabbing him repeatedly, some even spat on him but Axel didn't blame them. He felt nothing but shame for what he was doing but unless he followed orders, the last of his people would be annihilated. He wiped the spit from his face and felt the cut on his cheek and flinched. Forgot about that. As required by all Paladin Warriors, Axel learned a little White Magic for just such an occasion. Axel had learned only the basic spells, Cure and Protect but they were good enough to make sure he and his fellow knights stayed healthy in battle. Ajora never achieved higher magics like Falrod. You could find a Black Mage or two but there weren't many teachers left to continue the arts.

His hand glowed light blue and placed it against his face, the cut slowly healing until the wound vanished completely. With a flick of his wrist, the light vanished and he continued his collecting until he heard several gasps from the people. He turned quickly, the people now starting to clear away as one lone woman stood over a hulking citizen, a blade pressing into his throat. Without hesitation, Axel ran to the two. Axel had only seen the last of the quarrel as the man lay on the ground, holding up his money in hopes of his release. The woman relinquished her blade, only hearing her say, “hang on to it for a little while until one of them collects it.” As she and her strange beast walk over the man like a rug, Axel ran to the man’s side looking at the cut on his neck. He only knew stories but never saw her fight, this Arin Kurayami and her pet. He heard of her ruthlessness, not to mention her curves, from past knights who lost their way. He returned his eyes to the civilian and looked at the cut on his throat. Thankfully, she just broke the skin. But a feeling passed through his mind, looking at the cut. Flashes of his friends dying, one after another passed by until he saw the face of a young man, so confused and misguided but was given rage and hatred as that blade had slit his throat. Axel shook his head and came back to reality. The battle ended, the ghosts vanishing until he saw the man scared for his life again. He got on his knee and his hand glowed again only to have a fistful of gil thrown in it. “Take it, just take it!” The man cried. Axel didn’t react first but dropped the money and tried to help him. “I’m not gonna hurt you stupid. Hold still and I’ll clean that cut,” Axel scowled. The man just wimpered and tried to get on his feet. “You got my money jus-just take it,” and ran past the crowd, knocking several people out of his way. The other guards were ecstatic. “You see that fatass?” “Fucking pussy” “I’ve seen Oglops with larger spines.”

Axel scooped up the rest of the gil and threw it into the bag, this wasn’t new at all. A daily thing really. The people’s faith in their own knights died when the kingdom was lost, as brothers turned against each other just to survive. Back on his feet, Axel returned to his work. Robbing his people and doing nothing about it.
“Prisoner 216,” the jail guard shouted, clanging his sword against the thick metal bars that caged the prisoners followed by two of his cronies. He eyed around the filthy men, their eyes blood shot and teeth rotting. Some men cringed as each clang the sword made, grabbing their ears to try and get what little sleep as possible. As the guard continued walking, he spotted a man rise from the ground and walk towards the bars. At first the man wanted to mock him for his short stature until he saw the size of his arms. His eyes covered by the thicket of hair that surrounded it, he placed his head in between the bars and placed his arm out. The numbers 216 tattooed into it with dark blue ink. The guard chuckled and grabbed the ring of keys around his belt. “It’s your turn in the arena. You’ve become a crowd favorite 216.” The guard unlocked the door and the prisoner stepped out, arms still lifted in air. He knew the routine, this was when they blinded his hands together just in case he tried to fight back and although each guard was equipped with a sword, they had seen what the prisoners will do just to survive here, especially in the arena.

216 put his arms down after the guards had tied his arms tightly together and pushed him into the direction of the exit. The other prisoners laughed, each making nasty comments to 216 as he passed. “Killed me mate yestaday, ‘ope you end up where ‘e is.” “Aim for the eyes, then gut ‘em. I heard Ricard gives rewards for the more brutal a fight can be.” He heard the cries, the shouts and cheers from behind the doors, as a kill chant echoed throughout the cells. The arena prison was just an assembly line of fighters. As one falls, another is called until they days matches are over. The prisoners slowly started to dwindle recently as there were hardly any POW’s from the other nations kept in the cells. Mainly just Odemir warriors who were seen as a threat against Ricard’s power. 216 hesitated at first when one of the guards opened the door that led to the arena until he was given another forceful shove out. The arena was designed under the hollowed cavern underneath Castle Odemir, the sun barely showing through the cracks of earth in the ceiling above them. The arena was full of people, warriors and spectators united into watching the bloodshed of their enemies. 216 covered his eyes with his arms. Although there was no sunlight, the coliseum was brightly lit with the flames of the Ifrit statues that surrounded the stone stairways of the arena.

Like a fish in a bowl, 216 looked around the arena. The only way to leave through the stairwells in the crowds that led to the interior of Odemir Castle, with nearly 40 feet of stone walls separating from a way out. As his vision started to adjust to the lights, he spotted the bloody carnage that was left in the sands that coated the floors. Men and women, beaten and bloody with spears and makeshift weapons protruding from their corpses, 216 recognized a few but was too weak and scared to acknowledge their existence which he knew the spectators would never appreciate. Facing him from the other side of the arena was the throne for the royal family, guards surrounding them with archers at each side ready to strike anyone who dared to walk in a mere foot towards the king. He couldn’t tell if the King was attending today’s bloodshed, the flames that surrounded the royal seats conflicting his sight of them. But either way, 216 would have to entertain the people, King or no King, unless he wants to be killed or worse… be thrown into solitude, something his broken psyche could not allow.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Fantastico Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Ricard grew restless. He had been waiting 10 minutes for the fight,and he was growing impatient. He wanted the battle to start. "Kari!" he bellowed, "Get to your seat! I want to watch the battle already!"
"Of course, Dear, I'm coming" Queen Kari knew not to keep the king waiting, He got antsy whenever He had nothing to keep him entertained. "Why is the fight taking so long?" she whispered to one of the royal guards, "We've been waiting nearly 10 minutes!"
"Sorry, Your Majesty, but we've had to delay the next fight on account of cleanup. Turns out 400 oglops are a pain to clean up after a particularly gory behemoth rampage. I shall alert both you and the king when the cleaning is done." Just then, a small messenger came up to the guard and whispered something in his ear. "Good news, Your Highness, they've completed..."
"Finally!" the King interrupted, "I've been waiting so long! There's only so long i can last on watching the corpses squirm! I need some action!"
"Well, for the next fight, we have prisoner number 216 waiting for a fight, all we're waiting for is for you to choose what he will fight, my lord. Here are your choices."
"Hmmm, let me see here...." The king scanned over the page quickly, and suddenly began beaming at one particular choice "HOOOOHOHOHO! WE HAVE A WINNER!" He stood up from his throne and went to the edge of the balcony, "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CITIZENRY OF BEAUTIFUL ODEMIR! WE HAVE A WONDERFUL BATTLE FOR YOU TODAY! PRESENTING AN UP AND COMER IN THE ARENA, NUMBER 2! 1! 6! and FACING HIM TODAY, WE HAVE SOME OF THE MOST TERRIFYING BEASTS PRESENTLY IN CAPTIVITY! PRESENTING! THE TERRIFYINGLY DEADLY FORCE OF:

THE FOREST IMPS!!!
Super Fantastico
Super Fantastico

Back to top Go down

Post by Aka Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:18 am

Ami was lost…. Again. “ god’s damnit… “ she grumbled… she couldn’t remove the crystal and check it in such a crowded place. She had to ask for directions.
She was headed to the western gate and some how ended up in the market place of Florad.
Sighing she closed her eye’s in frustration before opening and looking for a person to ask for direction.
Seeing a woman she stepped forward, “ Excuse me Miss….. Can you help me?” she called out touching her shoulder lightly.

Aka
Aka

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:24 am

Lahn had headed towards the exit of the Market square where there were now a flock of people at each stall that she could see. Noticing the people she knew that the time would be around the afternoon as more people had come out to see the stalls.

As she moved a little closer to the exit of the market place, she heard a quiet voice asking her if she could help she felt a hand gently touch her shoulder. Turning her face round and then her torso she faced the woman who she did not recognise. She smiled at the woman, she had not seen this woman around Falrod before which was a little off to Lahn as Falrod didn't like strangers wondering around it's city. She moved her bag with her items in to the weight of her right arm so that she could rest her other.

"How can I help?"

She would intend to help this woman over any situation here in Falrod, she just hoped that the Florad's guards wouldn't hear about a stranger in their city. She knew what happened to people who were just coming through and Falrod didn't take to them quite kindly.

"Are you lost? I've never seen you around here before".

Last edited by Tainted Dreamz on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Larc Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:14 am

Cyan wasn't exactly sure on where he want to go first. His master has given him a map, some gil, equipment for forging, and a small boat. At first though, he even insist on giving some food for his travel, but Cyan has politely refused. The Master has given him more than enough, and he know that he doesn't want to burden him anymore. Though it made him smile inside, seeing his master all worried like this for the first time.

Reading his map, he tried to pinpoint his destination. St. Ajora? Falrod? Odemir? he though while redirecting his boat. The boat wasn't big and barely enough for about 5 people (and their baggage), but it was pretty fast.

Cyan looked up to the sky, sighing gladly that there won't be storm today. The first place, I suppose... Yeah, Ajora seems a good place to start. He knew that Ajora lost to Odemir on the war, but he didn't knew what has been done to that place.
Larc
Larc

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:44 am

Arin walks through everything completely having no desire to aid King Ricard’s soldiers to accomplish the chore that they were told to do. All she really wanted to do at the moment is either kill or find a place where she and Yujin can sit and watch as the daylight shifts to the night time sky. Arin is always like that, it’s either peace or completely infatuated with bloodshed. What she really has no passion for however is the miniscule task she has been assigned to for the day. She grits her teeth and keeps her hand resting on the hilt of Muramasa.

Yujin notices this and rubs himself on Arin’s leg. Feeling this, Arin looks at Yujin and smiles. Arin then continues to walk around the broken city to just do the minor things that she needed to do to follow her King’s order. She wonders why she wasn’t in the coliseum since there is an event happening right now as she wanders. Her deep thought is suddenly disturbed by a guard rushing in fear past her. In his hand, some strange basket with what seems to be blood pouring out of it. Arin moves out of the guard’s way with her eyes never coming off the man as he jumps into his Chocobo with haste. Arin smirks and looks back towards the broken city. A slight smile is drawn on her lips.

“It looks like there is someone who is willing to fight.”

Yujin purrs and walks around Arin’s legs. She acknowledges this and decides to go to her Chocobo as well and follow the guard. Back to the castle. Yujin with his strong four legs runs behind Arin; the rare breed of Couerl has no problem keeping pace with a Chocobo.

Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:55 am

Ignis was confused and upset at the same time. He knew his family was right about him being killed, but he realised doing nothing could result in a kill too someday.

He smashed his spear in a tree in his hunting area. How could he leave them behind ? What would happen while he'd be gone ? Would he ever see them again ?
But he already made his decision ; he was going to fight the army. Hopefully not alone.
He pulled his spear out of the tree and tried to take it easy. He looked above and saw the sun shining through the trees. "Should I do it, dad?,' he whispered.

The following moment he heard a chocobo, followed by another one. It looked like there was some other kind of beast running behind them. He walked to a path around the fallen walls of the city and noticed footprints. Maybe he wasn't alone.
Ignis walked back to his home, where his mum, Dusk and Joe were waiting. He had been gone for a couple of hours.. Maybe more.

He entered the old house. His mum came to him.
"I'm sorry... I made up my mind", Ignis said, hugging his mother tight.
She looked at him "if it makes you happier, we'll agree. You're strong enough now."
At that moment, they both smiled. His sister joined them too.
-"Here ya go. I think it will be more useful for you now. You won't come far with that old spear of yours". Dusk handed him a sword. The shape of the object was still perfect and the end of the sword was decorated with all kinds of blue icons, clothes and stones. Something only the rich people of today could afford.
"I can't accept that ! Dad gave it to you, and he had a good reason !", Ignis said totally surprised.
-"Yes, and I have a good reason to give it to you now."
"Group hug now ?", Ignis asked with a playful tone in his voice.
Joe laughed and joined the other three.

Ignis was pleased to have them. Even though there was no turning back now. This would be his last night with them before he left.
Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aka Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:25 pm

She was caught off gaured by the woman that turned around. For such a good looking woman she was quite willing to help Ami out…
Most people have tried to simply get away from her any way they could. “ ah… yeah…. “
She blinked shaking her head and smiled brightly, “ AH YES PLEASE “ she said excitedly.
“ im looking for the way out… I got in but I need to get out of florad.. I’m looking for something. “she let her hand slip from the womans shoulder and offered it in greating, “ I am Ami of Daggurio. “
Aka
Aka

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:12 pm

((Bit of a half-assed post guys. I'm not going to be able to post until Saturday night, Sunday afternoon and I've got to leave for the airport in an hour so bleh.))

An hour had passed and the deed was done, the taxes were collected and hardly anything happened to the people. As far as he had known. Given the large size of Ajora, the main plaza was only one of the main places the people had collected. The Odemir guards had already made their way around, arresting several men and women and killing the ones who couldn't pay. Axel could only do so much but at least no one in his shift was badly hurt. He handed his bag to the same guard who stuck him earlier and placed 1000 gil on top of it. "My pay and the woman's." Axel said, his eyes darting into the guard's. The guard laughed and picked the money up. "Fun work today Paladin, you seem to have a real habit of trying to be a good guy." The Guard laughed and looked to the others to see them laugh as well. Axel grinded his teeth, enraged at these people. What they did to his home, his friends and family yet he still couldn't sum up the least ammount of courage to fight back. Even at the end of the war with Odemir, Axel still was scared to fight back. Maybe it was his brothers behind him or General Harvey that kept him going but now he feels that there is nothing left for him to fight for, that he should give up and join Odemir. They might win the entire war if they take Largus and Falrod down like Ajora. But there was something. Was it hope? Hope that his people may one day stand against Odemir and take the city back? Or pity, pity that if he leaves the citizens of Ajora alone that they may all die like the rats that infest the city. He didn't have the answers yet, only a need to stay loyal to Ajora, for the right and wrong reasons.

He kept his eyes locked onto the Odemir Guard, even when he started to walk away until the guards were completely out of their sights. Axel could hear the guards laugh again until one brought up something about that Arin woman. "Couple of our boys went to see that ogre on the Death Mountains but only the one guy came back. You know how that crazy bitch is. If it doesn't involve ripping some poor fuck's spine out then it's all a pile of chocobo shit." Axel walked down the cobblestone streets, the people either glaring at him or ignoring his presence. He came up to the library, his usual spot and home. Since the castle was taken over, only Odemir guards live within. Axel was forced to leave and could only live with the person he could trust almost as much as his family.

216 looked in front of him, Ricard standing and giving one of his "riveting speeches" and the crowd went wild. He didn't realize that killing his friends and enemies would make him some sort of superstar but he could only think of his standings now. A prisoner, a puppet but that was fine to him. 216 had nothing else, at least the people admired him. When Ricard quit shouting, the gates that lie beneath his seat had opened, dark red eyes glowing wildly in the darkness until five purple beasts appeared from them and leaped forward towards 216. Forrest Imps, some say they don't exist and that they are only a myth. But it was all too real for 216. Forrest Imps were a type of Goblin, a little bit smaller but way more wild. Their skin had been morphed due to the dark magics that swirl around their habitats. In their hands were makeshift knives made from the bones of their prey.

Two of the Imps stayed behind, still moving but keeping a distance away from 216 while the other three were already starting to claw at him. Deep cuts made into his shoulders and forearms, 216 backflipped away from them, swinging his legs towards the beasts but missing. One Imp landed on his leg and dug its knife in but was stopped when 216 grabbed it by the forehead and squeezed. The Imp's head was like a balloon and popped, blood squirting and coating his hand in an ugly black color that seemed almost poisonous. 216 pulled the knife from his leg but felt another imp on the back of his head, holding down onto hi mess of knotted hair and clawed at his face to which he tried to fight it off only the other imp was lunging at his chest.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Fantastico Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:58 pm

"HAHAHAHA! Now THAT'S entertainment! I'm surprised we have those little beasts in captivity! and so many! I always thought there was no such thing as forest imps. Hahaha!" King Ricard was almost rolling on the floor by this point. "Alright, the boy thinks he's got a handle on the little bastards, let's see what he does when 50 more are tackling him from every direction! HAHA!" Before he could give the order, however, one of his Advisers approached him from behind his seat.
"Sire, we have some... Interesting news. About New Largus. Could we speak to you in private for a moment? We'd wait until after the fight, but...well, it's not urgent, but we thought we should speak to you about it sooner rather than later, to avoid...complications." The adviser fiddled with his long, claw like fingers for a moment. The man was clearly nervous about something, and this made the king agitated.
"Bah! every time I sit down to enjoy a fight, I'm bothered by something or other. This better be quick! Guard! When I come back to my seat, release the rest of the imps! this shouldn't take more than 5 minutes at the max, isn't that right, Adviser?" Ricard turned to glare at the pathetic man in the robe with a look of pure blood lust.
"O-Of course not, s-s-sire. It should only take a few seconds, and then you can continue your viewing of the battle."
Super Fantastico
Super Fantastico

Back to top Go down

Post by Tainted Dreamz Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Lahn stared at the outstretched hand of Ami's, only after realising she had been staring at it for a few minutes she grasped it with her own palm.

"Well Ami. I'm Lahn. It's nice to meet you, we don't get many newcomers round here," or even at all she thought to herself.

She looked around taking note of her surroundings, if any one else had noticed their conversation they might have become suspicious. Although two women speaking to one another in the middle of the market place wasn't a suspicious thing in Falrod it may be if others had noticed Ami though, the Cities people usually knew one another by face now.

"Well your not actually far from the gates to Falrod we only have one and they're near our Market entrance" she started to move forward with her bag still tucked underneath her arm.

Noting that Ami hadn't started to follow her yet, she turned her torso and beckoned with her free hand for Ami to follow her.
Tainted Dreamz
Tainted Dreamz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aka Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Ami smiled in relief. Not many people were willing to help her out even for money.

She speed up to fallow her. Not wanting to lose her in the crowed. Ami was not likely to find some one as nice as her the next time around.

She had been warned about getting arrested before…. “ thank you… miss. “
Aka
Aka

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:43 am

Arin and Yujin followed the man as he obviously headed back to the castle. Arin can tell there is something in that basket that keeps this soldier from being aware of his surroundings because one: he hasn’t noticed Arin behind his trail, and two: from Yujin’s snarls, Arin got the idea there are something else around their area. The roads from St. Ajora to Odemir castle hasn’t always been a walk in the park and she is well accustomed to that so her attention span is not always on a narrow tunnel vision but on a wide spread area where she can take note every single detail that might pose a threat. At this case something else is off that isn’t suppose to be about. And for the solider that she is following it was too late; as soon as Arin stops her chocobo, the unknown attacks bringing down the soldier’s chocobo and him.

“KWEH!!!”

Arin didn’t need to hear the chocobo’s final cry to know that it was too late for the great bird. When she realized what monster randomly encountered them, she knew that at first hit it was already dead. A Flan. A medium sized one too and to make matter worse it was shrouded with the water element. One cannot kill it so easily without the aid of magic.

“Get away! Get away!!!”

“Yujin!”

The rare coeurl is faster than Arin and she knows that. With her call, Yujin blazes towards the soldier’s aid who is rendered useless because of the dead chocobo’s weight on his legs making him inadequate to even pull out his blade. In mere moments, Yujin jumps and attacks the water Flan with a slash of his claws to mostly catch its attention. Physical attacks barely do any kind of damage on this particular breed however it hurt it enough to give Yujin its full attention; its giant red eyes that are distinct from the rest of its transparent liquid like stature glaring at Yujin as he stands on his four legs, ears drawn back, fur standing up on his back with his fangs drawn out, hissing back at the Flan.

Knowing full well that it would be too much of a work to apply swordsmanship at the moment so with that in mind, Arin unsheathes her gun. The Libra symbol shining on the hilt of the long barreled gun as she points it to the Flan’s direction.

“Destruction of nature, gather in flame.”

She whispers and shoots, the bullet that ejects from her aim blazes through in high speed and penetrates the Flan. Any normal bullet would just pass through the Flan, but this one, with the simple enchantment, the bullet spreads in fire, burning the Flan from the inside. It screeches in pain which gives Yujin the opening to attack once again with a good slash. Arin shoot again with the same enchantment followed by another good attack from Yujin. Every movement the two have made slowly but surely pushed the Flan away from the injured soldier’s vicinity, the right amount for what Arin had in mind.
“Yujin--- Blast-her!!!!”

A roar in response. To most people a coeurl cry with fangs involved is just another call of anger or hunger. Arin knows the difference with Yujin however. The one he just omitted is of course is concurring with Arin’s request. Crouching lower as if stalking a prey, Yujin’s body starts to ripple from energy he is calling upon from within. It only took a few moments and with that time, Yujin summoned a spell unique to his breed which is a form of petrification effect in a form of a glowing white sphere. With his eyes set on the Flan, Yujin snarls and points his anger at the monster’s direction and the energy shoots and on impact, the spell works its magic in moments. Sooner than later, the Flan was but a mere stone figure. Arin lets out a faint smirk as she sheathes her gun; now it’s time for her more favorable weapon. Pulling Muramasa from the left side of her hip, Arin points the blade at the petrified Flan’s direction. With no thought about it, Arin sprints forward and in one fine cut, she passes through like wind with Muramasa’s mark on the Flan.

Arin stands for a moment before putting her sword away. As the red blade hides back into its sheathe, the now turned statue monster crumbles in pieces from the cut Arin inflicted. Yujin lets out a roar of victory as Arin stands there letting the wind take her hair in a fluid rhythm.

“….Miss… Kurayami…”

The soldier said in agony as he attempts to move despite the weight of the dead Chocobo on his legs. Arin sighs and crouches over the soldier, her eyes staring at him conveying her feelings for his situation.

“Your name.”

“… Wedge… Ma’am…”

“You left with haste. There is something you have to deliver to King Ricard?”

“A rebel… with an axe… that cleaved my partner’s head… clean… he… must know…”

Arin is compelled by King Ricard because of her honor to serving her kingdom but not by his morals. Knowing her majesty, if this man would’ve reached King Ricard with the message of a rebel in St. Ajora, he would’ve sent men to suffocate the thought problem. He wanted no rebels or any sign of it at all because it would bring the iron fist grasp he has down a few notches and he wanted noting of the sort. A pity this knight named Wedge wouldn’t have survived a travel through Death Mountains alone even with Odemir knowing the ’safer way’ through the mountains and any chances he did have was thrown away the moment he broke his legs from the fall. Arin looks at the basket now soaking in blood where the head of an Odemir Knight is nicely gift wrapped by someone who has the will to fight. Her gaze then returns back to Wedge.

“Your legs. You won’t walk again. Not properly. Your days in Knighthood would be over. That is of course if you can travel. I doubt you can by yourself.”

Her words struck Wedge with astonishment.

“…You.. Won’t… help me?”

“If I travel with you in your condition, it’ll slow me down. Increase the probability of me of traveling safely through Death Mountain. I cannot allow that. But you serve the same Kingdom as me. I cannot allow you to die in pain here.”

Arin stands up and unsheathes Muramasa again. Wedge flinches and looks at her with disbelief, fear, and somewhat in relief. He also knows of Arin’s way of showing her ‘kindness’.

“I can give you a quick death. Take your name back to the castle so that your belongings would be given to your family and they would know you died in honor serving your knighthood… that is if you would give me the honor to do that for you.”

Wedge looks at the blade then back at Arin’s dull grey eyes. This is her act of kindness; the way of the warrior. Death before dishonor without any second thought.

“I don’t.. have a choice…. Do I?”

“You do. But the other path is painful.”

Wedge closes his eyes and knows what she means. He nods knowing that Arin’s offer is the only less painful option.

“So be it. Your bravery will be remembered.”

Arin swings down and cleanly cuts through the neck bone; this act takes the final breath Wedge has as his head slowly starts to roll away from the body. Arin stares at the headless carcass as she sheathes Muramasa again. She stands there for a moment giving her own sense of ‘prayer’ before taking a glance at the basket that hold a head. Arin grabs it and walks over to her Chocobo with Yujin sitting down licking his paw so that he would clean his face with it. When he notices his master climbing on top of her Chocobo, Yujin stands back up, his ears lifting up ready.

“There is someone left willing to fight. Come, Yujin. We can tell our King that.”

Arin flicks the reins and the Chocobo complies rushing her off toward Death Mountain and towards Castle Odemir. Yujin right behind her as they ride in haste through the dangerous road ahead of them. The secret path the Odemirs know through Death Mountain can still be filled life threatening if one travels alone. Arin may not be alone but the danger is higher since she has blood in her message that will attract dangerous monsters. But it won’t stop her. It never does.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down