FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview

2 posters

Go down

Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview Empty Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview

Post by Claire Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Here, I shall post my opinions on the changes made to the battle system, how the new characters are used and other pros and cons.

New Battle System:
In a nutshell, it is just like the first Dissidia, except with a faster pace, smarter computers and the new assist system. The way Prologus is set up, is a 20 minute Story Mode that vaguely hints at Duodecim's plotline, and an Arcade mode with two difficulties. Normal is only 5 battles and gives no accomplishments, but gives you a taste of each character, whilst Hard Mode is 30 battles in a row with increasing difficulty as you progress. Each 5 battles won gives you an accomplishment and a Chocobo Cologne for when you buy the official game to level up your characters on the spot (pretty much like Pokemon's Rare Candy item). Each difficulty allows you to use any one of 8 characters with a preset moveset. The characters include, Lightning, Kain, Warrior of Light, Garland, Kefka, Sephiroth, Cloud (must be unlocked) and Jecht. Here's a brief explanation of each character. It will be explained, assuming you have played the first Dissidia.

Lightning
A very well balanced character, commanding three skill sets at once with the Paradigm system. Pressing L and R at the same time allows you to switch in order of Commando, Ravager and Medic. Commando, much like in XIII, is used to full frontal attacks, with a diversionary backup of the spell, Ruin/Ruinga. Ravager is mid to long range with spells that can penetrate defense, move slowly and decoy, or keeping opponents at a far away range. Medic is used to build up BRV by pressing O over and over, best used at a distance. Lightning's strength isn't particularly high, but using her attacks correctly, you can build up enough BRV to finish off your opponent pretty quickly. EX Mode increases Critical Hit Chance, automatically BREAKs opponent if near BREAK status and negates Wall Rush damage.

Kain
Best for close range to mid range combat, Kain's attacks are all brutal, quick and effective. One unique trait is that he can change his combo by using the analog stick after beginning his attack, changing the amount of BRV you can obtain and sending your opponent in various directions. Jump is his most recognizable attack, and best for catching enemies off guard from above. Kain has a long range ability called Aero, but it does not move very quickly and is easily blockable, can be used to decoy opponents, however. EX Mode increases Critical Hit Chance, and allows Lancet, an attack which attacks BRV and refills HP with damage and BRV back to full.

Warrior of Light
Changes made in basic BRV attacks and an additional HP attack. Advanced Combos are thrown out the window with longer time frames after attack, but is made up for with shorter startup lag. His new HP attack, Ultimate Shield can point any direction, but reaches a short distance and has predictable startup lag. Aerial Dayflash also adds to his air game with an instant, but short ranged strike. EX Mode is the same as the first Dissidia, allowing more defense, blocking weak magical attacks while attacking, added damage and Critical Boost.

Cloud Strife, unlocked after winning two Hard Arcade modes.
Less predictable, more attacks, and much better air game. Meteorain tracks slightly after striking, and is also aerial, allowing for a greater hit range. Sonic Break has larger hit box and still continues into Finishing Touch. Aerial Double Cut allows for a quick strike into a damaging combo. Cross Slash is harder to dodge, it reaches out pretty far after the initial hit. EX Mode is the same, Guard Break, greater attack and Critical Boost.

Garland
Greater air game, high strength and attacks that are a little harder to dodge than in the previous game. Flare, his new HP attack, can be set up by using the Assist System to decoy your opponent, or by using his new ground attack, Thundaga beforehand. Chain Cast reaches out farther and tracks opponent. EX Mode is the same, No Flinch while attacking, and Critical Boost.

Kefka
Easier punishing, less predictable attacks, and more devastating HP attacks. Zap-Trap Thundaga is faster and grows larger with each lightning strike. Scatter-Spray Blizzaga is able to stagger upon initial hit, making it harder to block. Forsaken Null is much harder to halt, with Kefka being able to move around while casting it, using Assists will greatly improve chance of hitting. EX Mode is the same, Critical Boost, Double Spells, and Glide.

Sephiroth
Not much change, but still low learning curve and effective attacks. Fervent Blow and Godspeed remain to be his most effective move at acquiring BRV. Transience, his new BRV technique is much like Cloud's Double Cut or WoL's Dayflash techniques with one exception, it's quick on startup, but it does not lead into combo. Scintilla keeps guard frame till attack connects, rendering any blockable BRV techniques useless. EX Mode is the same, Glide, Critical Boost, and Heartless Angel technique.

Jecht
Combos are much quicker and all the deadlier. The faster input may make it more difficult to time it and will ruin your entire process, but charging it takes half a second and will break guard on contact. Jecht Beam, his new HP attack, is unchargeable and hits at a specific close range, but is somewhat quick on startup. EX Canceling is impossible (I think so, I wasn't able to pull it off), making BRV a little more difficult to acquire. Jecht Block still blocks any attack, but HP attacks will still stagger. EX Mode remains the same, Full Combo without hit connection, and Critical Boost.

I recently completed all the accomplishments and this game is worth the $2.99. There are more changes to the system, such as a multilingual subtitle option, a supposedly better version of the RPG system and a faster Chase sequence (effing annoying). If you're planning on playing Duodecim, or are just starting on the series, I highly suggest purchasing Prologus first to get a good feel of the controls, Assist System, and the changes made to the old characters.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview Empty Re: Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview

Post by Zane the pure Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:36 pm

And the Aerith assist is pretty upscale too. (WHEN YOU GET THE GAME NEMO Very Happy)
As far as play went, I noticed that when trying to target an ex core, it takes maybe three tries to recenter, If the yellow chase Icon comes up when you don't know what to do, You'll probably get mixed up really bad, but beyond that, its great.
beat that curve and you'll love it.

Last edited by Zane the pure on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview Empty Re: Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Overview

Post by Claire Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:05 pm

The Aerith assist isn't usable in Prologus, I would've seen it by now. >.<
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Anyways,

The command battle option was improved quite a bit. It gives you a higher degree of control than the last, while still Auto-piloting less experienced players.

I'd highly recommend it to those who are just starting, or want to take it easy and use the comp's Hax reflexes
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down