FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Favorite Game Series' EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Favorite Game Series' EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Favorite Game Series' EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Favorite Game Series' EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Favorite Game Series' EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Favorite Game Series' EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Favorite Game Series' EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Favorite Game Series' EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Favorite Game Series' EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Favorite Game Series'

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Game Series' Empty Favorite Game Series'

Post by Archangel Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Here's my top 10
1. Mass Effect Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXl2TOIsIJeo1obZSpU0NabEsedUZcDHO1gRfLN2TJGx748Z0WqA
Surprise, surprise....to me the Mass Effect series just hits all of the right notes, and has everything I love in games, a great story, awesome characters, good music, and a universe you can dive into, fast action packed gameplay doesn't hurt either.

2. Final Fantasy Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtkQrCtDkEXyRLx6AjJ9yjOPipLfvKAtlcX25drsu5j06RxXos_Q
This is an obvious choice, isn't it?

3. Assassins Creed Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTO33khiLknM4uddo5a2CYBqgSaDtT_S5tpOWPi789eTPFt-zu
The first AC game was a bit of a downer to me, however since then AC2 and Brotherhood have completely reshaped my views with the introduction of Ezio Auditore de Firenze, a great character, and the gameplay has improved with each title. The new mp in brotherhood is a blast as well. Revelations should be another great chapter in this series.

4. Halo Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS94iReRanqR2mOSeO9lbnmv2M0L0FGtALnzzYRXhYUEK5SJ3jq
Yes, I know it is a mainstream series and it has its fanboys, but you have to respect what Halo has done in the gaming world, the gameplay is great, they created a new superhero in Master Chief and they basically made Xbox live what it is today

5. Dragon Age Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlnYynU22KmIwzqSxHW5QLZIIFepG6YaUyqQUbI6qmrPqnR-zNjtW8sPM-
This series would be higher for me, however DA2 was a bit of a disappointment for me. However Bioware did a great job with Origins, a game that came out of nowhere, once again with great stories, characters, and a complex world, hopefully DA3 will return Dragon Age to its former glory

6. Chrono Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqYtxnr9oUE7J1Y9XsYozSHuNFt5twbASahA_8O-WeOB26jssKWw
It isn't much of a series since their are only two games, however they are both classics and will remain two of my favorite games forever.

7. Dead Space Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuuM9pchXYo6NIbaX4pOub9gQMLKH5R9iDaR5DnF7t3xymqfr3hLKWKjw
There was Resident Evil, and now there is Dead Space, the best new survival horror series we have.

8. Fable Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCP8cKQ2CQoh1ysGq2I9hpI37neuSYoKRoPEArWLKtpdXRrAzjQS_xB9FLKA
The fable series is one of those that has its lovers and haters, and although the games may not be perfect, they have a unique universe that I find a lot of fun to play in, the games have good humor, and beautiful landscapes, plus a co-op feature to play in your friends world

9. Bioshock Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8e9qMdvXgDV8Vdns7tUKBGPucDWhJ_TYcbS3x7L1mIoms-6qang
The bioshock series is one that is the most ready for the silver screen. The story is unique with some major twists. The environment is dark, disturbing and creepy, and the underwater cities provide a unique feel to the games. With Infinite coming out next year, this series continues to surge and will take to the skies.

10. Gears of War Series
Favorite Game Series' Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjiCIcJUNlIiPUl92z5-uVbCKcaBjfwRBWqQ2rL7jLN_pVg_p9
This series, having just ended its first trilogy, went out with a bang. Plenty of gore, masculinity, and Cole Train to go around. This series is a lot of fun to play with friends on or offline. The new environments and closure to the story in Gears 3 sewed things up nicely. This is another series that continued to improve the more games came out.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Favorite Game Series' Empty Re: Favorite Game Series'

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:15 am

1. Sonic The Hedgehog
Favorite Game Series' Sonic-generations-teaser-small-516x280
It's been my bread and butter of gaming ever since childhood. And with only a few games in my opinion which weren't up to par (Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic 06 and the Werehog stages of Unleashed). If this gaming series weren't around I probably wouldn't care to much about gaming (probably stick around for some of the next series I will mention)

2. Metal Gear Solid
Favorite Game Series' Imgmetal%20gear%20solid%2043
Now this doesn't count the up coming Rising. This is instead the SAGA of Metal Gear which follows Solid Snake's story. Well put together, well written, highly addicitive and highly enjoyable. Wrapped fantastically with Metal Gear Solid 4.

3. Super Smash Bros
Favorite Game Series' Supersmashbrothersbrawl
Everything a good game should be. Addicitive, packed with features, challenging and all round entertaining.

4. Final Fantasy
Favorite Game Series' Final-fantasy
Brilliant story, brilliant gameplay and brilliant characters.

5. The Legend Of Zelda

One of Nintendo's best. The quests are epic, the world you explore is beautiful no matter what art design it follows, the plot is amazing if a bit confusing (split timeline and what not) and gameplay is always top tier.

6. Fallout

Even though I haven't played the original two pc games I can say without a doubt that nothing has had me hooked more then this series.

Last edited by RYCloud92 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:40 am

very nice, I expected to see the metal gear and zelda series in there, both very solid franchises that I just never got into...but I definitely respect
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm too lazy to even post pictures like I did in the Top Ten RPGs so I'll just make it Words and you guys can google the images if you want. lol. But it will be almost similar to my other list.

1. Mass Effect Series -I've stated as to why I love this series. I'll leave it as that.

2. Final Fantasy Series - Not all FF's pleased my taste buds, but most did the job. And it saddens me to say that this would've been number one when I was with the era of ps2, but the truth of the matter is, Jrpgs for me and its common standard 'turn based' gameplay have become monotonous and not as exciting as they used to be. I still love the stories, the characters, and the worlds themselves, however, I am growing up and my taste in games somewhat par my growth. If FF decides to take the route they did with FFXIII and tweak it out with the gameplay and make it less turn base and dull and add the great story that FFX, FFIX, FFVII, and FFVI did for me, then MAYBE. ANd MAYBE the FF series will be back on my number one.

3. The Elder Scroll Series - I have explained.

4. Street Fighter Series - A fighting game had always been part of my gaming agenda. Now street Fighter had evolved in MANY different ways from the SFII remakes, the Alpha series, the less popular SFIII, the crazy VS series, and now we are going into the next gen, I say it still a strong and hard hitting fighting game. That quarter of a circle forward to perform the popular Hadouken will constantly leave a burn mark on my thumbs as I have performed that move more times than I want and needed to. lol.

5. Breath of Fire Series - From BFI to BFIV always told a story about a Dragon warrior named Ryu and a Winged Princess from Wyndia named Nina. It was almost the same story with a bit of a twist, but I remember the four because I was in love with the story and enjoyed the idea of my main character getting stronger and stronger and getting that new Dragon form. Sadly the game series ended and from my knowledge there will be no more. There was a BFV... but it pains me to even acknowledge that it was part of the series. Well... at least I had four to remember.

6. Disgaea series - I talked about the games NIS offered that is about the netheworld and the humorous way they explained the dealings of Demons and Creatures of the Night. It would be higher in my list but I figure I will give the classics that higher rank because they grew up with me.

7. Agarest War Series - I also spoke of this. Nuff said.

8. The Castlevania Series - I grew up with Castlevania. Simon's quest was one of the first games I ever popped in my NES and played hardcore. The game kept growing and kept moving on with the generation, it fell apart because it retold the same damn story and they tried to change the gameplay and failed. However my hopes were renewed with Gabriel Belmont's story in the recent Castlevania that came out for ps3 and X360. Let's see if they follow up.

9. Super Mario Bros series - Okay I didn't play all of them I'll be honest. I played SM I, SM II, and SM III. I even played a little bit of SMW... but what I did play I can still say that no other games in this genre has ever even matched what SMIII did for a lot of us. If I ever feel that the nintendo console is worth my time then one day I'll be able to delve into the new games and give an opinion if it aged well. From the opinions of others, it seemed like it did.

10. The Batman Arkham series - So this game is quite recent. In fact the first one came out some odd years ago with ps3 and X360. And as fresh as it is, I believe that it has potential for a great series if Rocksteady can keep the feel and renew it and keep build on the Batman Lore. It has SO MUCH potential... but it also has many failures it can take. But I disdain saying this since Marvel is still my number one, but there is no other Comic Book game that can match Batman's feat. NONE.

Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:55 pm

nicely done Erel
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Yup.

1. Final Fantasy: This is a series that I've been apart of since I was 8 and there's no reason to explain. Yes, there are bad titles in the series and I've not liked many of the new games since X. But there's so much heart when Square wasn't greedy and that's what I admire. Great stories, fun characters and hours of my life eaten away.

2. Megaman: Rock has been a huge part of my gaming library. In fact I think I own nearly every title. From Classic, X Series, Battle Network, Zero, ZX, even Starforce. They are all fun games. Story has never been that important outside Battle Network but they're loads of fun.

3. Mass Effect: I wish I was introduced to the series sooner because I love it! Great backstories, well crafted story, great characters and a HUGE amount of replay. Glitches alot though (especially the PS3 version) and the cover system is AWFUL in both games.

4. God of War: Kratos, without a doubt "Gaming's Greatest Badass". God of War is wicked fun with a easy to learn combat system. I've been with the series since the beginning and although the PSP titles are okay at best, they're still fun.

5. Persona: Okay, this game is riddled with Japanese shit. I mean litterally under 4 feet of it. But with such fun characters and a very difficult battle system, the game keeps you on edge.

6. Dragon Quest: This is a series that combines an art style everyone can recognize and love. Lighthearted and fun, with large worlds, fun monsters and tough gameplay, Dragon Quest is a great RPG for veterens.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:43 am

@Cap--I love the Megaman X series, I use to play them all of the time when I was younger, my favorite is probably X4 (I've always liked Zero a lot more than X)
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Who doesn't like Zero better than X? Zero was so much stronger and efficient since enemies will get close regardless. Besides when Zero got some long range abilities from the enemies he 'almost', and i use almost loosely, had a pretty decent fire power.

Let's put it this way, it was so much easier to beat Sigma with Zero than X.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:19 am

I just liked Zero better bc he was a badass and X always seemed like a little pansy ass, but it was fun bc my brother always liked X better, so we had a little rivalry thing going
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:58 am

Zero was always hard mode in every game and it's literally impossible to take enemies out from a distance. Zero has no long range attacks and if he did, he had so little ammo for it. X was all about long range and the games fit that style. Not to mention that 9\10 times there's a health upgrade, X was the only one who could reach it so Zero has NO HEALTH come Sigma. Not to mention it's almost impossible to get close to him in all his forms because he covers himself with so much shit that'll shoot you to kingdom come! Honestly, I can't stand Zero for the reason he keeps DYING AND FUCKING COMING BACK TO LIFE! He dies in every single game. ALL OF THEM! Yeah he's a robot but you can only be destroyed and rebuilt so many time lol.

Zero rant is over.

I agree with you Zack that X4 is my favorite Megaman to date. So fun and cheesy. X was always about justice and equal rights because of Dr. Light. Zero is a combo of an obnoxious douche and a fucking loser. X kills when he has to, Zero kills everyone then bitches about it like a fucking panzy. At least X knows he killed people, Zero tries to rib it off on it being Sigma's fault.

Fuck, I just hate Zero.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:26 pm

@Amarant: continuing this rant to the Opinions and Assholes thread. lol.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:21 pm

1: Final Fantasy
Favorite Game Series' Final_fantasy-1960

The best games that I ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Every single title (even the spinoffs) are enjoyable in their own way. VII with its music, XIII with its gameplay and startling visuals, X with everything I can think of, and the original for being a beloved classic. There is never a dull moment in Final Fantasy and I can't even perish the thought of there being a bad title. Though I do prefer some titles over others, the series as a whole could never possibly die for me and I want my funeral to have the original menu theme playing when they bury me.

2: Kingdom Hearts
Favorite Game Series' Kingdom_Hearts_logo

Terrific story, gameplay and cameos from all my childhood favorites in one beloved package. From the first moment I was choosing my weapon to beating Terra-nort in Radiant Garden, I was drawn into a world of excitement and imagination. All of the characters have a lovable quirk and the gameplay is excellent and I would pop any title into my PS2 any day.

3: Ys
Favorite Game Series' 600full-ys-i--ii-ancient-ys-vanished-screenshot

Engaging stories, beautiful landscape designs and gameplay that is out of this world difficult on the right settings. These games are Konami's greatest achievement in my opinion. Every title has the hero thrown into the brink of chaos and he always manages his way out of it using his trusty swordsmanship and adventurous knighthood. The music always keeps me in a trance and for fear of never hearing it again do I never turn the game off. I will cherish this underrated series for years to come and Adol the Red shall always be one of my greatest idols.

4: Castlevania

Favorite Game Series' 250px-Castlevania_NES_box_art

Another of Konami's amazing penchant for exhausting difficulty and design. Every title has a soundtrack and gameplay that will keep you locked in for hours before you ever hit the off switch. The gameplay will have you ripping your hair out before you have the blessing to view the credits, but by the time you do, you'll feel satisfaction like never before.

That's all I have. The reason for this is that most of the series I've played had one or two REALLY bad eggs that caused me to shun upcoming titles because the games that I hated always had high reviews. Legend of Zelda is a great example, because the only one that I really enjoyed playing time and time again was a Link to the Past, and the rest of them were pretty stale since the story never changes and the gameplay gets highly monotonous. I was going to add Metal Gear Solid, but I only play those for one or two hours at a time before I feel the need to stop and RY summed it up pretty nicely in his post.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down