FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present

3 posters

Go down

Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present Empty Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present

Post by RYCloud92 Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Hey Nemo isn't the only one who can judge the talent behind video games. Yeah after many protests and complaints about the 4kids cast the Sonic voice's changed last year so I thought I'd give my view on those who are now behind the characters.

Sonic The Hedgehog - Roger Craig Smith
A lot of people have complained that Roger has made Sonic sound too cheesy, too different and also too mature. I on the other hand think Roger has easily potrayed the Blue Blur better then any of his predecessors. When playing Adventure Drummond sounded great but there was times when he sounded a bit off, then Jason came along and only sounded good as Sonic in Unleashed and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Roger though doesn't sound odd or strange in the slightest, his voice sound natural and doesn't feel forced. Also on the matter of him sounding a bit more mature I think the fact that in game Sonic has gotten older and this reflects how the character himself if changing. Finally about him being cheesy, well that all depends on the script and a VA can't be fully blamed for that.

Miles "Tails" Prower - Kate Higgins
Where as Tails has sounded like a wimpy push over in the past (besides from near the end of Adventure and parts in Adventure 2) the new voice brings a level on independence to the character. When paired with Roger's Sonic the character no longer really feels like a second banana but rather a person in their own right and this reflects in his voice as it really brings out the characters interllect.

Dr Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - Mike Pollock
The only actor who survived the cast change, what I've heard most about Mike is that he is basically one of the few gold mines 4kids ever came across. Well when it comes to Eggman I have to fully agree as he really does bring the character forth rather well, playing him as gentlemen genius when he is calm but as a overgrown manchild when frustrated but never really coming across as over acted. Hell if it was any other person doing the voice I'd think I'd get sick of hearing "Time for a change of pace, time for a change of pace, time for a change of pace" or other such phrases mid boss.

Amy Rose - Cindy Robinson
Feels strange to say this but I miss Amy's 4kids voice. That's not to say Cindy isn't entirely terrible (in Generations she does sound pretty good during some moments) but for the most parts her Amy sounds...well the only word that comes to mind is "over girly" if that even makes sense.

Knuckles The Echinda - Travis Willingham
I'll be honest when I first heard Travis I didn't think he sounded that different to Dan Green. Hearing his voice a bit more in Generations however he does sound slighty more youthful. Though he still puts forth the confident laidback (gulliable) persona of the character and is a vast improvement over the two Adventure game va's (Michael McGaharn, Scott Dreier).

Shadow The Hedgehog - Kirk Thornton
Obvious my VA knowledge is lacking when compared to Nemo so I was suprised after I learnt he was the voice of Saix in Kingdom Hearts. However when it comes to the voice of his Shadow he gets the confidence and the arrogance of the character down to a T however his voice differs a lot compared to past Shadow voices (in my opinion he makes him sound a bit like a vampire). This isn't to say he is bad as the voice does fit the character it is just a big difference and will take time to get used too.

Silver The Hedgehog - Quinton Flynn
In all honesty the character has retained his youthful optimistic nature but now sounds a lot more natural. Certainly an improvement over the characters debut (however that game was a train wreck)

Rogue The Bat - Karen Strassman
Another of the bigger improvements in my opinion, when heard in the older games Rogue came across as a 40 year old, chainsmoking hooker. However her voice now feels a lot more younger whilst inkeeping with her flirtatious side.

Cream The Rabbit - Michelle Ruff
Still sounds like a polite little girl, still annoying at parts, so really and truly not much difference but going by the character the voice suits.

Blaze The Cat - Laura Bailey
Kinda the same with Silver (nothing related to 06) the character has retained her original characteristics, the lone and cold exterior mixed with a caring and proud nature however the character now sounds a lot more natural which reflects a lot better on the performance.

Espio The Chameleon - Troy Baker
The new voice now actually portrays the silent, ever thinking and honourable "ninja-esque" side of the character better then the previous two VA's in my opinion. It isn't much of an improvement but the voice is still better in my opinion and fits the character well.

Vector The Crocodile - Keith Silverstein
Not really much to say except that he still sounds like Vector, he is much more bearable now though so I suppose thats an improvement.

Charmy Bee - Colleen O'Shaughnessey
Kinda the same with Vector, still sounds the same but is a bit more bearable.

Last edited by RYCloud92 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present Empty Re: Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present

Post by Zane the pure Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:49 am

Basically everyone is better in My opinion, but Amy was always annoying imo.
Seriously odd to hear keith silverstein as Vector, throws ya for a loop if you've heard his natural voice...
I'd say the largest Improvement was Tails, and I liked Mike Pollock slightly better as evil in SA2B.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present Empty Re: Sonic The Hedgehog Cast - 2010 to present

Post by The Cap'n Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:02 pm

I did hear some of the improved voices but Amy is awful. She' sounds like Minnie Mouse. I agree with Zane that this version of Tails is significantly better. I don't like Quinton because he has this odd slur whenever he speaks. He's better as sly characters like Reno.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:50 pm

I've kinda picked up on Quinton's slur although I didn't find it off putting in the slightest for Silver (but then again his character was built up in 06 and the lack of decent...anything in that game kind of left the character an empty shell)

@Zane it was actually Deem Reginald Bristow who voiced Robotnik in Adventures 1 & 2, his death was what changed the cast to the 4kids lot. ("All systems full power. ARGH He's not going to get away with this!"). Also, referring to Keith as Vector, even though he sounds drastically different I still think the biggest VA shocker for me was learning Mark Hamil voiced the Joker

Also that Minnie Mouse comment about Amy seems to be everywhere at the moment
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Oh, well thanks for clearing that up. Mike Pollock is good playing the comic foil Eggman, but as a card carrying villain, Deem Bristow is more menacing.

And Mark Hamill has a surprisingly large range of talent, but If you've heard the voice of Zaselamel from SC3, It sounds the opposite.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Zane the pure wrote:
And Mark Hamill has a surprisingly large range of talent, but If you've heard the voice of Zaselamel from SC3, It sounds the opposite.

I was just using the Joker as an example, I'm aware of how talent Mr Hamil is (most likely from the benefit majoring in a drama course and being on stage (of course all va's could have similar backgrounds (my va knowledge isn't as extended as Nemo's as mentioned)))
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down