FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

3 posters

Go down

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena Empty Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Post by Claire Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena 23gjc

TRAILER

GAMEPLAY VID 1

GAMEPLAY VID 2

GAMEPLAY VID 3

Anyone who has played the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona games and enjoyed even one of them just had one hell of a nosebleed. A Persona fighting game? Say it ain't so! Hopefully this goes over much better than the box office crash that is Dissidia, since we're working with gold here.

Fans of the BlazBlue or Guilty Gear series might notice something familiar from these gameplay clips. The reason for that is, Arc System Works or the company that built the battle system for BlazBlue and Guilty Gear, is backing up ATLUS to form this game. So, the fast paced, 2D Arcade style is being brought to the Persona universe! Everything from Instant Guarding and Barrier Bursting, to lengthy yet painfully sweet combos and mind blowing Distrortion Drives!

The game seems to have its own unique spin on it, however. From what I can gather just from watching the gameplay, the Persona is basically used as a trump card. Used either to lengthen a combo to cause more damage, or to protect you from attacks that might be too damaging to guard. It appears you can only summon the Persona up to four times before it enters a cooldown period which leaves you to your own devices for a short time.

Details on whether this game will leave Japan are out of my reach at this point, so if anybody is willing to search for a release date will be greatly appreciated. :] I, personally, am very excited to play this, as I am a big fan of the BlazBlue franchise and absolutely love Persona 3. Hopefully, this game succeeds well.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena Empty Re: Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Post by Zane the pure Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm

And I'm all over persona 4 right now, so this game has me by the throat

go ahead aksys, take my money.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena Empty Re: Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Post by Claire Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Is Aksys involved, too? Well, the story might be good, then.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:15 pm

The story is silly, combat looks fun and Kanji is throwing a folding chair at people. My only complaint is that there's no Junpei. They put Aegis, Mitsuru and Akihiko in but no Junpei? Sad Cap'n is sad. Still picking it up though.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Same here. I wanna use the spiked bat. xD

I'll probably use Mitsuru, Yosuke or Aigis based on what I've seen so far. Still don't know who all is in it. :/
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Well it's the whole P4 cast. Yu/Souji/Hero, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie and Naoto are playable characters and Rise is a commentator. Margaret is in it but I don't know why. Maybe a secret character/boss? The P3 characters that are playable are Akihiko, Mitsuru and Aigis.

All the stages are the different worlds from the Midnight Channel so the Liquor Store, Yukiko's Castle, Kanji's Bath House and so on. There are a few characters that they haven't released.

Did you two beat P4 yet? Because one of the secret characters might be...

Spoiler:

Some ideas for other characters to be in this from P3 are Minato/Hero as a source from the main website said. Himiko/Heroine, Junpei and Koromaru are possible other characters but Heroine is less likely. The rest of the cast is too busy with school to attend. Yukari is apparently in buisness school, Fukka is at a culinary school and Ken is starting middle school. Junpei is apparently playing baseball for college and is traveling to Inaba to play their college baseball team (this is a rumor) which is why he might be playable and Junpei took in Koromaru (another rumor). There has been some reveal as to how the P3 cast is in Inaba. During Mitsuru's back and forth between school and Kirijo, she heard about the tourney and invited Aigis and Akihiko to it. Couldn't find how Aigis was involved but Akihiko is traveling the world to learn more fighting styles and comes to the arena to find out of the other persona users' fighting styles.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:31 pm

I would really enjoy the spoiler idea, especially if he can access some of
Spoiler:
's power.

I say Shinjuro would be awesome.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:06 am

Shinjiro would be the Tager equivalent for this game, if they haven't covered that already. I mean, Shinji uses a big damn axe and a bus stop sign, so his movement would be slow. :/
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 am

Yeah but Shinji's dead and the game is pretty cannon.

Spoiler:

Honestly, Kanji is the heavy hitter of the game. I mean Take-Mikazutchi looks a bit like Tager. I've seen some gameplay trailers and he's gonna be the heavy hitter as well as Akihiko.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Well, POOP.

Oh well, at least we have mitsuru and aigis. Is it just me, or does Akihiko look different? I've only only played P3P, so I have no idea what his original concept looked like...
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon May 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Aki is just older, there's no difference in his design aside that he's ripped to shit and is wearing that big gay cape. He's got that big ass scar on his chest which I think is from his fight with the Magician Shadow at the beginning of P3 when it attacked the dorm.

Some new info!

2 new playable characters that AREN'T JUNPEI.

Main Antagonist Labrys, who is the same model robot as Aigis, and her Persona Ariadne

Everyone's favorite elevator attendant Elizabeth! Her persona is Thanatos of the P3 series.

If there's gonna be more characters, it may be DLC. The game did well in Japan as an arcade game. The game comes out for PS3 and 360 on August 2nd. I'll be preordering if it comes with anything that's badass like an art book and soundtrack.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Still waiting on our bro Junpei...
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Wed May 16, 2012 6:42 am

I always try to pre-order mainly out of convenience, but they're including a lot of DLC codes with games recently, I've noticed. At least for a lot of PSP games. :/
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:22 am

Credit to Atlus, Arc system works, and Dazz who ripped the sprites... but
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena Persona4Arena Dear god this game is gorgeous!
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:25 am

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena Akihiko_Idle_P4Ugif

Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji, Training, Sinji.

Aside from Kanji, I think I'll be playing as Aki and Chie because they were two of my favorites from P3 and P4. Elizabeth seems super fun too.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am

Yosuke, Akihiko, and Naoto, just as I predicted, I picked my mains before even playing. I also like Yu, and Chie seemed pretty natural as well.

The game is very smooth, much simpler than blazblue, but no less viable.
The timing windows on things like insta-block, emergency recovery, and even special's inputs are very forgiving, yet feel crisp and not sloppy like others...

It's also a tad faster pace than Blazblue, and the ailments ingame are actually well balanced.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

This is probably the most smooth fighting gam I've ever played. Not to mention it's got the quirky and well written characters of a Shin Megami Tensei game so it's a combo of wins. I got Skullgirls not too long ago and the combat was awful. Plus it's annoying that the move sets for each of the characters were ONLINE. That's fucking stupid.

So far, Chie has been my favorite to play as. Kanji is still fun but he's so klunky and when I was trying to do some of the Challenges, his attacks shove opponents too far off to get in a good combo. Chie is so easy for me to control and I love her move set. Aki is my second because he's so damn fast and his dodge moves are so awesome.

I don't like playing as Yu, I can't get into the swing of his moves. Yosuke is cool, I love how fast he is. Yukiko is too reliant on long range moves and when someone like Chie or Kanji get close enough, I'm done for. I tried the others out but not enough. I have yet to try Labrys.

I also like Teddie and Chie's new VO's. Erin Fitzgerald (Known for Nazz from Ed, Edd, and Eddy and Erica from Catherine) sounds so much more alive than Tracy Rooney's Chie. She also doesn't sound awkward when shouting her kung-fu screams. I wonder how she's gonna do with the original script in Persona 4: The Golden? Sam Riegel sounds almost exactly like Dave Wittenberg's Teddie but he doesn't try so hard to sound goofy and adorable. It's just the way his voice is and it works. I don't understand the Brookyn dialect for Labrys but Cindy Robinson does a great job at it. I personally would have made her speak normally but it was the director's choice. I'd definitely remember the dialect and have her use it for something else along the lines of a New York character.

Anyway, I love this game. It's fun. And funny...

Et tu Narukami?
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:17 pm

*am currently looking for odd jobs to buy this game*

I've already decided that I'm maining the P3 team if I haven't already mentioned that. I will try Yosuke and Yukiko, as well as Labrys cause I'm curious. :]
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:22 pm

*applause*

Ah, that's who Chie is now, other than one part I'd say is perfect for her.
When welcoming Yu back I think it sounded really off... other than that it's perfect. Now that I think about it, when her voice gets lower, it does sound like Nazz

And At first he sounded way different when announcing the tournament, but when they meet up with him, I couldn't tell the difference between the two of them. well done by a versatile actor.

All of the reprisals are spot on so far, and I also am a little confused as to why Labrys sounds new york like... but I think she played it perfectly. It was apparent enough to pick up on, but just subtle enough for it not to detract from the portrayal.

So yeah, what Cap'n said.

And I picked up Yu pretty naturally, what were you struggling with?
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:49 pm

I dunno, I just can't get into the swing of his style. Granted I only played him in story mode and nothing else. I'll spend more time with him but I'm still trying to use Kanji. I got a little better at combining his moves but his short range is a bit of a downside compared to the rest of the characters.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Tried challenge mode yet? I got to at least 24 with every character I've tried, and in this order.
Yosuke: 27
Naoto: 26
Kanji: 25

BTW, to anyone wondering to get this game or not, If you like smooth fast paced games that are easy to pickup, go for it. If you're looking for the typical SMT:P style, you might not find everything you're looking for (the recent dating sim elements do want IMO but alas it would be hard to manage) but the core experience is invariably derivative. In shorter terms, it is a very respectful adaptation.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:18 pm

I did some of the challenge acts but I got like the basic combos and feel of the characters so I could finish story mode. I'm gonna start getting heavy with it now that I have 100% in it. I''l probably work the most with Kanji, Teddie and Chie. It's funny, my favorite characters from P4 are my best characters.

Have you tried score attack mode? It's fucking retarded for me. The first challenge is Yosuke on CRACK. He's got an unlimited Sukukaja bar up. I was able to take down half of his bar as Aki before getting raped to death. I am just terrible with fighters lol.

Also, Labrys' accent. Now makes perfect sense after playing her story. All and all, I enjoyed the storyline. Probably one of the easiest to follow fighters if you actually played the Persona series. And having Aki, Mitsuru and Aigis in it was like visiting old friends. And what I love is they definitely set up a sequel to happen. It will probably be a few years before it comes out since P4 came out in like... 2009ish? But Atlus takes their time with shit to make gold.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:39 am

Well, I beat Score Attack mode, but you won't exactly be happy with what awaits you at the end... Boss Elizabeth with Triple HP double SP regain and Higher damage output...

Srsly, don't feel bad at all about score attack. That function in the game is for sadomasochist who won't be satisfied until his brain lies a quivering mass on the ground.

Ya, Persona 4 came out mid '08 so it'll be a while, but I definitely like how the sequel sets up.

spoil at own risk
Spoiler:
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Oh dear god! I can't imagine fighting her like that! I had a hard enough time fighting her in P3!

Spoiler:
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:44 pm

yeah, She crazy, but I saw someone perfect her with Kanji, pity he lost 2-1 though...

Spoiler:
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down