FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope

+3
Erel
Claire
The Cap'n
7 posters

Go down

Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope Empty Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope

Post by The Cap'n Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:39 pm

So as I'm sure everyone has heard, Disney recently bought LucasArts for $4 billion. Now I don't know about you guys, but I actually like this. A lot. First of all, George Lucas can no longer fuck around with his work so no more blu-ray re-releases with more edits to the original Star Wars. Hell, I think Disney will sell the Original copies of the Star Wars Trilogy, none of the remakes that Lucas made with fucking blinking Ewoks. Lucas did donate most of the proceeds to charity so good for him. It wasn't about the money.

Not only that, there's a ton of possibilities. Animated Star Wars films that can be in traditional 2-D animation. Not to mention with Pixar, they can make some amazing cartoons.

My only issue is they are making a Star Wars VII and it should be out, as Disney says, in 2015. I'm not too keen on another Star Wars movie, especially with the new show that's coming out soon about the Space Mobsters.

Thoughts? I mean, Disney bought Marvel and they have not fucked up yet. In fact, "The Avengers" anyone? That was the best movie of the summer.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope Empty Re: Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope

Post by Claire Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:25 pm

I didn't respond much to it when I read it. I kind of raised an eyebrow to the $4 billion, but Lucas means well, so I'm not mad or anything. Lucas is certainly aware of the negative feedback he's been getting since making The Phantom Menace and how it kept rolling downhill from there, so his trust in Disney is well placed, imo.

However, another Star Wars sequel bugs me a lot. I just hope they don't try to bring Indiana Jones back from its flop in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I still love Indy, so don't fuck it up, Disney.
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope Empty Re: Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader: A New Hope

Post by Erel Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:30 pm

When Marvel was bought by Disney, comic book geeks were in an uproar ... Some thought its as an asinine move on Marvel's part.... truth to be told, I was one of the few that can say "chill out and think about it. It's actually a good idea."

And as Amarant already said, Avengers; The BEST movie of the Summer. So to me, financially, it's a good idea. I mean, Disney, for the most part will leave Star Wars alone but will remain to be the financial backs of Lucasfilm. And I say this as if it's fact because one of the main fears of Marvel's True Believers is that things will get a bit too campy in the comic book world ... Truth to be told, it didn't. Wolverine's X-Force still remained visceral, Cyclops and Emma Frost are still sensually absorbing each other, Spider-Man is still a battered mess at the end of the day ... So again, this is a good move.

Star wars 7? I was never that BIG of a Star Wars geek; I wasn't that enamored by them, however I am a firm believer that they paved the way for MANY games/movies/comic books in that medium (Mass Effect is somewhat of a good testament of that); so suffice to say, as apathetic I am about this matter, I will stand with the idea that the move was GENIUS.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Considering I normally reassure people that Pirates of the carribean and Prince of persia were brilliantly done, I'm not terribly worried. And I find that the prequels are more palatteable if you don't take them as seriously as the originals.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:15 pm

meh, dont really care, as long as the next star wars movie is good
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 am

I think it's a good move, Disney do know what they are doing and like Erel said they aren't going to interfere to much I don't think.

As for Episode VII. Well if it goes with the storyline after the original trilogy, of Luke's Son becoming a jedi knight and having to fight his cousin who has become a sith lord then it might actually be good. Only time will tell.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Venku Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:17 am

Star Wars will be fine. I am sure of it. I am hoping they do the Second Galactic Civil War where Jacen Solo becomes a Sith Lord. Because unless they do the Yuuzhan Vong, which is completely side track from the struggle of good and evil, there isn't much that centers on the Skywalker family line teetering on the the Light or Dark Side. The Vong War was, as Boba Fett said in the books, and interesting interlude to the ancient feud between the Jedi and the Sith, who teamed up in some places to defeat the Vong. I personally don't really want to see the Vong war, it is just everyone in the Galaxy trying to fend off an overwhelming invasion, which Star Wars has never really been about (well, the movies anyways, in the books, there is always a war somewhere in the galaxy.) And although there is a war in the Second Galactic Civil War, it falls to the whole 'Jacen Solo's fall to the Dark Side' thing, which is always interesting to see how someone with good intentions and hopes fall so far to the Dark Side, the very thing he was trained not to do.

ANND, Mandolarians play a big part in it too, so I kinda want to see Boba Fett train Jania Solo (Jacen's twin sister) to be a Jedi/Sith killer. I have to go find those books again.

Also, they did get they director of the new Star Trek movies to direct it.
Captain Venku
Captain Venku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down