FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Review that game - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Review that game

+4
KOS-MOS-1701-A
Claire
Tainted Dreamz
Archangel
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Review that game - Page 4 Empty Re: Review that game

Post by Archangel Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 am

Honestly, I have little time for full reviews like I would like to give so here are two quick meat and potato reviews to give you the quick jist

Metro 2033

Gameplay: 8/10
Typical shooter elements, if you like shooters, there isn't a reason why you wouldn't like this gameplay.

Visuals: 7/10
Average, not bad, but not amazing

Story: 8/10
The more interesting part of the game is it's story, it can be a bit confusing, especially at the end, but it has a nice twist of setting for a post-apocalyptic game. Living in the tunnels, afraid to see the light, and playing as a Russian, was something different. I wish we would have learned more about the main character however.

Characters: 6/10
Not enough content here

Length: 8/10
Pretty good for a shooter 15-20 hrs maybe
-------------------
Pros
--Interesting story and setting
--Familiar game mechanics
--Has a lot of potential
---------------
Cons
--Typical shooter
--Characters not fleshed out enough
-----------------
**Overall Metro 2033 gets a 7/10 score from me. It has a cult sort of following, and it is definitely worth a rent, but it isn't anything that you would consider a classic
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 am

That was a quick finish of a game on my part:

My Words on Asura's Wrath
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:04 am

Borderlands 2

Gameplay: 9/10
This is truly the highlight of the borderlands series. Shoot and loot, the variety of guns, the humor, the capability to play 4 player coop is what makes this game so fun to play. One thing I wish they would change would be a more destructible environment.

Story: 7/10
Okay, so it's not a great story, but it is sooooo much better than the first game's story. This time the game actually has a backbone, and a reason for you to play through the story. You meet the old vault hunters, and you actually learn about who they are and what they are like. Handsome Jack makes for a good villain as well.

Visuals: 9/10
I love the cell shaded look with borderlands, it just works

Characters: 8/10
You don't learn much about your own character, but you do learn a lot about the old vault hunters, handsome jack, and angel. This plus the hilarious dialogue add some flavor to the character department.

Length: 10/10
You definitely get your moneys worth with this game. The main story will last you anywhere from 15-20 hrs depending on you play, but the side missions alone add tens of hours onto the game, and most of the side missions of fun to do. Not to mention the borderlands series always cranks out good dlc, and Scarlett's pirate booty was no exception

Sound/Music: 7/10
Borderlands 2 did a good job in this department, much better than I expected. You actually get a change in music when the tougher battles pick up, and I found it to be pretty good music at that.
---------------------
Pros
--Fun to play with friends
--Great humor
--Tons of guns
--improved story
--Terrific length
--music is surprisingly good
----------------------
Cons
--Story could still be better
--Characters could be more fleshed out
----------------
Overall, this game did much better than the original borderlands and addressed most of the games needs. It was a ton of fun to play, and it took a lot of time to do everything I wanted. I recommend getting this game if you are a fan of humor in games, shooters, or playing with your friends. A very solid **8.75/10** My number 9 favorite game of all time.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Going to be doing a KoA review?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:21 pm

soon young padawan, soon
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:07 am

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Gameplay: 7/10
KoR does a good job of blending game mechanics some several successful franchises, and the combat is fulfilling, but I never felt like KoR developed it's own identity. The camera work in KoR is quite a bit annoying, and I think something so simple could have been fixed to make the experience much more exciting. Some side quests were fun, others not so much. I loved the aspect of having primary and secondary weapons however, and being able to switch your play style at any time. The destiny tree was also cool.

Story: 6/10
The story was okay. Just that, okay. It could have been so much better had the protagonist had a voice or the other characters more dynamic personalities. Your character's love interest or "friend" as she calls herself never really reveals much about herself, and while it is great to have mysterious characters, it can also be frustrating at times. The storyline didn't have many twists, it was actually pretty cut and dry. This is the bad guy, you need to kill him type of thing.

Visuals: 7/10
Environments were beautiful and had a good variety. Characters and enemies were average looking.

Characters: 6/10
Like previously stated, no one character really stood out to me from this game, they weren't terrible by any means, just typical.

The main storyline will last you anywhere from 15-20 hrs, but you can continue to play after you beat the game, and with the endless sidequests I'm sure you could in tens more hours into the game if you wished to do so.

Sound/Music: 5/10
Nothing much to speak of here.
----------------------
Pros
--A good blend of successful game mechanics
--Beautiful landscapes
--Fun combat
-----------------------
Cons
--Not memorable
--Camera is annoying
--Characters are average
-----------------------
Overall this game gets a **7/10** from me. It was a fun game to play. It wasn't a chore to finish, but at the same time, I'm not dying to go back to it and play it again. For fans of ARPGs I would suggest maybe renting this game, especially if you like the Elder Scroll games, you may like KoR. Don't spend full price on this game though.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:40 am

Word. That's actually one of the games I do want to finish since I never did. I like the whimsical feel of the game; a border line between too jovial with a twist of darkness into it. Suffice to say, I think it's good enough to finish, but I'm getting side tracked with other games.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 pm

ME3: Omega review.

Retake Omega!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:07 am

The Last Story

Gameplay: 9/10
The Last Story does a great job of taking classic RPG elements and making them fresh. The combat is similar to an action RPG, but you are still forced to make decisions in combat and some bosses require specific tactics in order to be defeated. I liked this combat style because it retained having to use some intelligence in order to be successful, but it also kept the combat fast, rather than a simple wait and attack system. LS also has your classic puzzles, but nothing too frustrating and plenty of sidequests to attend to. A world map is also available, but I would say the game is pretty linear, and the world map is only there for grinding purposes mostly. My only complaint with the gameplay is the camera, which can be annoying, but mainly because the game is being played on a Wii with a wiimote and a nunchuk.

Story: 8/10
I feel that the Last Story's storyline is very similar to FF9's. That is not a problem, I loved FF9, and the Last Story has it's own twists that make for a good plotline. The concrete jist of the story is that you were raised in a band of mercenaries with the dream of one day moving up in society and becoming a knight--to protect the people. While on a mission, you run into a strange girl trying to escape her life--she is a princess. She wants to travel the world, and doesn't want to be stuck in a castle all day long. From there, the story really blossoms into a story of genocide, adventure, and betrayal.

Length: 9/10
The core storyline is a good 20 hrs without sidequests added in, and there is a new game+ option which is always a positive for any game.

Visuals: 5/10
The game looks like an early ps2 game or a late playstation one. Not very impressive graphics

Characters: 7/10
I think the characters were good in this game, and they all had personalities of their own, but none of them really stood out as ones I will never forget.

Music/ Sound: 8/10
Great music, cant go wrong with Nobuo Uematsu sp?
---------------
Pros
--Fun and fast paced combat
--Enjoyable story
--Worth your money
--Fantastic soundtrack
---------------
Cons
--Irritating camera
--Poor visuals
--Characters are solid, but not amazing
---------------
Overall The Last Story is a great omage to classic JRPGs, and had this game been released on a major system besides the Wii, it would have done much better in sales. I highly recommend it for anyone who is a fan of RPGs, especially JRPGs. Overall **8/10**
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 pm

It may be a decade or so later, but this is my review on Mass Effect One. With all of the HD remixes and what not I am playing, well, I think I'll be doing some of these reviews.

My Words on: Mass Effect 1
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:14 pm

good review, I loved the first game.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:47 am

Dishonored

Gameplay: 10/10
The gameplay is a blast. It is meant to be a stealth adventure game, but you can choose to play how you want, go through and murder everyone, or don't kill anyone throughout the whole game. Your powers are a nice blend of assassins creed meets bioshock, and they feel very satisfying. The tools at your disposal make you feel like a true assassin, powers include vision that allows you to see through walls, teleportation, stopping time, and one of my favorites--posession. Posession allows you to posess people and animals to move through spaces. You can posess a rat and move through rat tunnels, a fish and swim through the sewer, or other humans and walk among your enemies. You of course also have a nice blend of weapons that you can use to take down your enemies as well including grenades, mines, explosive ammo, and incendiary bolts.

Story: 9/10
The thing I love about Dishonored is that is something new and unique. It takes some familiar mechanics, but makes them it's own, and tells a great story while doing it. The game appears to take place in the middle ages in a whaling city that depends on whale oil for a lot of it's resources. A plague similar to the black plague is ravishing the city and the hunt for a cure is on. You play as Corvo Attano, the royal protector to the Empress, and are blackmailed as a murderer by a corrupt government. It is up to you to get your revenge and to make things right again. How you do that is up to you, and that is what is so satisfying. The plot has it's twists and you start to really feel that you are Corvo and you take the character's actions personally.

The game has a solid lenth, I would guess somewhere around 15-20 hours, but you can replay the game at least twice over for different outcomes or to play the story differently.

Visuals: 8/10
What you come to expect from a game in this generation. Very good, with little to no bugs, which is surprising coming from Bethesda.

Characters: 7/10
There are definitely some characters here that you learn to hate, but as an assassin you don't get to interact with a ton of characters and learn much backstory to their personalities. Corvo is a great protagonist however, even if he is silent.

Sound/ Music: 6/10
Does a good job of picking up in intensity when the action picks up.
-------------------------------------
Pros
--Amazing gameplay
--Choose how you want to play
--An engaging and rich story of betrayal and revenge
--Just plain fun
---------------------------------
Cons
--Wish it was a bit longer
--Silent protagonist
---------------------------------
Overall this game is a blast, and may be one of the more overlooked games of this decade. It's reviews do it justice, do not pass up playing this game, it really is a gem. **9/10** #16 all time for me
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 pm

I'm too lazy to do my usual reviews so here is a quickie:
Halo 4: 9/10
Assassins Creed 3: 7/10
*If anyone has any questions about these scores, feel free to ask
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:24 pm

My review on:

Tomb Raider
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 am

My Words On:

Devil May Cry
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 am

My Review on:

Metal Gear Rising
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 am

My Reviews on(maybe this will help you on Dragon's Dogma, Zack; if you have time when your daughter comes):

Dragon's Dogma
(Honestly, buy Dark Arisen; it has the first and the second game for a frugal price)

NG: Razor's Edge

Injustice: Gods Among Us
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat May 25, 2013 3:31 pm

I didn't even know there was a Dragon's Dogma 2 lol

Bioshock Infinite: 9/10
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down