FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far?

+5
Erel
RYCloud92
Nightmare
Zane the pure
Archangel
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far?

Post by Claire Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:10 pm

^Dude, win. Cloud is easily the worst character in Dissidia, both in personality and gameplay. That's my opinion, anyway. Squall can be amusing to use, at times, though.

@Erel, you're right, let sleeping dogs lie. :p
Claire
Claire

http://www.ffliminality.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Impressions of the Dissidia Series Thus Far?

Post by Zane the pure Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Well, it was "like" the others, all ten in fact... but unfourtunately it was meant as a mirror to the old, and now duodecim's plot goes the other way, mirroring nothing of the originals.

(unrelated)
Tough being a Cloud fan amongst so much hate *sigh*
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 am

^Might as well get used to it by now.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:35 am

hey man, haters gonna hate, Cloud is da boss, and bitches just wanna bring him down. Squall, on the other hand is a lil punk without a pair. Although I do think Cloud seemed pretty lifeless in dissidia, not what I was hoping for, but as a character as a whole....who do you think casual gamers think of first when you say final fantasy.....its cloud mofos
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:18 am

Be happy cloud fans, more haters of Squall than ur emo freak ^^

anyways << inb4arguement
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 pm

In my side of town they thing long silver haired guy that is a little homo erotic when they someone says Final Fantasy. lol.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah, gotta say that of all the lead characters, Squall gets the heaviest beating. Cloud has a huge following, FUCKING HUGE. There's no need to defend him, there are literally millions of Cloud fans on this world and they will never die. I think from Square's polls, Cloud ranks as the top male FF character with Auron, Vivi and Vincent behind him from the last time I checked. Maybe Lightning is up there too because, hey, she's Cloud...

Honestly of all the leads, I like Zidane the most because he was just a likable character. He's cocky, charasmatic, open and heroic right from the start. He doesn't really want to save people to be in the spotlight, he does it because he thinks its right. But then he's a womanizer, a theif and can let his dick think for him most of the time so that conflicted with a lot of things to show that he's not a wonderboy. I felt he was more human. Squall also felt human because he did have some very good moments in the story to show him opening his shell for others. But I just couldn't care for Cloud and Squall because they were so negative for most of the game. Cloud was always playing the revenge card and Squall was just so depressed for more than half the game. I get that their personalities reflect on their world and past but even in awful times of war and a fucked up past, Zidane is able to wear a smile and laugh.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:11 pm

I loved Zidane as a character as well, but Squall---nah
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:48 pm

@Zack, that's why I really hate Cloud. Whenever I mention Final Fantasy to someone who's not a fan, they always say, "Oh that's the game with Cloud, right?". Pisses me off that he and Sephiroth are the most popular FF characters of all time. I like FFVII, but some of the other titles are better.

I've never played VIII for more than ten minutes (due to a bad 1st disc), but from what I've seen of Squall, he seems more depressing than cool. Doug Erholtz made him much more depressing, but that's beside the point.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:48 am

His personality more or less begins to change around about the 2nd/3rd Disc (it's kinda hard to exactly pin point it, depends on your POV)

And I agree about the Cloud and Seph thing, I mean VII is my favourite of the series because it was the first I played but there are so many other characters to notice. However I have a partial feeling that because Lighting was unveilled to the new gaming community (360 and PS3 modern gamers) she will most likely become the new character to represent the series. (It does seem to be shifting that way too, seeing as though in Dissidia 012 the majority of the plot (from what I've seen) seems to revolve around her (she's even leading all 5 of the new Cosmo heroes))
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:31 pm

I noticed that Square it trying to do that as well, but FF13 just wasn't enough of a classic for that to happen imo
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:07 pm

She's just as bitchy, but cooler, not to mention, she's female. Square will find a way to make her the new face of FF. Much prettier than Cloud's face.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Smile Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:52 pm

I actually like Lightning >< She did look uninteresting in the beginning, but after a while, she's getting better.. Not my favourite, though.. ;P
She's better than Cloud and Squall in my opinion (however, I really liked the CC/DoC Cloud).
I also see quite a lot of Lightning-fanart on DA.

And there's a huge chance I'll play with Zidane again. Like mentioned before, he's just an awesome character and I like his attacks :3

Just_Smile
Just_Smile

http://sillyhearts.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:54 pm

yall are Squall haters...

-is alone-
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 pm

^I like Squall, however I like more or less the entire Final Fantasy cast (with the exception of Seymour as he is a douche (even though he has a slightly valid reason for doing what he does, he is still a douche), and if we are going that far the entire cast of Spirits Within) so go figure there
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:27 pm

^Hay, hay, hay...Seymour's awesome. His VA was fantastic, also. :]

Lightning is by far the most charismatic of all the FF females, imo. Makes a person with gender confusion jealous, if you know what I mean. I think Yuna is more deserving of my attention, however.

Speaking of Yuna, I received a wall post from one of my friends on FaceBook that Yuna did not deserve her spot in Duodecim, said she "had barely any reason for being in X," either. I wanted to kill him.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonknight Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:33 pm

please do kill him

btw yuna's quote when bahamut uses mega flare is awesome in duodecim 'Burn Everything in Sight" xD so cruel yuna
Leonknight
Leonknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:08 pm

I like Squall, and maybe because he's the cold lonely type is why he seems cool to me, his emotions aren't on the outside so he's hard to predict (when he's not around people of course) He's a bit anti social so its hard to make him personable, and come on, The spawn of the coolness that is Laguna? He's only whiny cuz he grew up without a family and too quickly by becoming a "Kid Soldier".

But My favorite character is still Warrior of light for being staunchly devoted to any goal he deems worthy, and never fails to deliver. The personality resembles the gamer single mindedly approaching the end of the game.
well... IMO anyways.
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Squall's lonely "hedgehog dilemma" attitude was what I hated most about him. Made him no less than a dick.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane the pure Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:34 pm

oops I forgot people around here can't stand quiet people
sorry...
Zane the pure
Zane the pure

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:52 pm

squall was just too emo for me, and he threw himself one giant pity party for most of the game
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Quiet isn't the issue, it's the whole, "Leave me alone, I don't like PEOPLE!", attitude that just makes me wanna punch 'im.
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2