FFliminality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Closing Time"
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am by Tainted Dreamz

» What Game(s) Are you Playing?
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm by Nightmare

» The Epic Return Thread
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:13 pm by Nightmare

» Borderlands 2
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm by Archangel

» FFXIII Versus
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm by Archangel

» Bioshock series
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am by Archangel

» The journey- a short animation
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am by Just_Smile

» The Soundtrack(Both CT and CC)
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 am by Archangel

» About Fucking Time
Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am by Claire

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mass Effect Spoiler thread

+2
The Cap'n
Erel
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mass Effect Spoiler thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect Spoiler thread

Post by Erel Fri May 04, 2012 10:51 pm

For the sake of Mass Effect 1, I was planning on getting an X360 when they're dirt cheap this holiday.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat May 05, 2012 8:17 am

well there you go, I have thought about doing the same for the PS3, but I'm kinda waiting it out for the next gen consoles now
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Sun May 06, 2012 3:04 pm

I finished the game a few days ago and I gotta say that Bioware really dissapointed me with ME 3's ending. The problem here's that Bioware didn't just ruined an ending for a game they ruined an ending to a triology! If all they needed was more time to work on the ending(s) then they should of made EA realize that the game needed to be delayed at least once.

Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 am

what did you choose TGD?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed May 09, 2012 3:17 pm

^ The best ending a good guy can get Synthesis.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed May 09, 2012 3:22 pm

what did you dislike about it? All of the usual complaints?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Phoenix Wed May 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Besides the ending?....I didn't like how carrying certain kind of weapons affected how fast your powers would recharge.
Darkness Phoenix
Darkness Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed May 09, 2012 6:43 pm

really? I thought that was cool. Just differing opinions there I guess
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Thu May 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Just finished it yesterday.

My verdict is the same as most peoples, it's perfect but the ending just lets it down (not because Shepard dies, in all honesty I saw no way of him getting through this without dying (and the game isn't entirely subtle (liaras memory box, thanes funeral etc)). All though I understand why Bio-ware had to kind of cop-out, the amount of time to explain every individual repercussion for your characters actions in any ending and give enough time to show the impact you made and the aftermath of the final fight would have been to much time on what might have been wasted effort.

A good example from another franchise would be MGS4, it spent so much time explaining and polishing off plot holes that it caused people to complain that there was more time spent watching the story rather then playing the game.

Although even now with the "clarification" ending (the one of the old guy talking to some kid) it doesn't really help explain the ramifications of your choice. Does controlling the reapers make things better (still don't get controlling them but you die?!) or does wiping out all AI's (that one alone is a kick in the nuts if you spent the game helping the EDI and Joker relationship) what about the template ending (does making the universe adapting more towards your Sheps nature good or evil (kinda shits on the idea of free choice or balance))

Just because I understand why they cut the corner doesn't mean they shouldn't have tried harder though. However will say I was pleased with the final convo's between my Shep, Garrus and Tali.
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu May 10, 2012 5:32 pm

what if the indoctrination theory is true however? That would mean it was a fantastic ending imo. The more I hear about it, the more believable it seems. Although kind of tragic.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Ry, you just highlighted everything I said. Glad you concur, yo!
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by RYCloud92 Fri May 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Zack'sCloud wrote:what if the indoctrination theory is true however? That would mean it was a fantastic ending imo. The more I hear about it, the more believable it seems. Although kind of tragic.

Well it would certainly explain those dreams (kinda got the symbolism but those bits where still rather stupid) and the catalyst child but even so the indoctrination theory (from what I've read anyway) seems to indicate that the trick is to make you go for the blue (control) option because it would normally represent the good choice (kind of like a 4th wall kick in the nuts), and although I do understand that it kinda makes sense with the whole control and template endings being the "bad" ones because the reapers survive but the destroy being "good" because it kills them all, it still defeats the point of the choice at the end.

Especially if the new post DLC footage appears for all, however I actually went with destroy on my game (because there would always be a chance for the quarians or humans to maybe one day rebuild the geth or AI's like EDI but there would be no chance for the reapers to come back) so if it only appears at the end of that choice then bioware would basically be admitting that there was no real point of the options at the end.

Erel wrote:Ry, you just highlighted everything I said. Glad you concur, yo!

I'm glad to be concurin G!

...Yeah that didn't sound right XD

Another pet peeve for me though is the forcefulness of the Multi player. If your OCD or just want to 100% everything you can then you have to play Multi player to get all the war assests and in an extent get all the trophies/achievements. I mean on the one hand it's kinda cool that your actions online effect (or suggestively effect) what happens in the real game it's still a middle finger to those (like myself) who spend their time doing all the side missions in game to turn around and learn that to actual earn anything besides credits and store unlocks you have to go online.

Like I said not entirely an issue, doesn't really detract much from the game but it still is a bit of a mick take (the online itself is ok but with my temper-mental upload speed I have yet to actual get to the end of a match and earn my 10% for the galaxy map (I'll have a perfect smooth connection for 20-30minutes and then, disconnect for no real reason (strangely only happens on most of my PS3 games, my Wii and 3DS have a fairly good online connection)))
RYCloud92
RYCloud92

http://sonicfanatics.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cap'n Mon May 14, 2012 3:47 pm

See, I thought the idea of the multiplayer effecting the story mode of the game made perfect sense. I mean, the whole galaxy is going to shit from Cerberus and Reaper forces and it makes sense (until you clear things up at Rannoch) that the indoctrinated Geth are going crazy too.

The multiplayer was part of the story because it's the soldiers of the combined armies fighting together to fight their common enemy so making sure the galactic readiness was at max before fighting the reapers on Earth made total sense. Plus, multiplayer was fun for me so I had no issue ever playing multiplayer. I've kinda let the game collect some dust lately though because I'm finally getting some of the best games that came out for the PS3 in the past 4 years lol. Plus, the internet at my dorm ruined multiplayer for me because I got kicked out every 5 minutes. Now that I'm home, I should be able to play a full fucking match.
The Cap'n
The Cap'n

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue May 15, 2012 9:22 am

I like the mp, but once I got 100% galaxy readiness, I stopped playing it for the most part
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri May 18, 2012 11:32 pm

^Agreed; both on Amarant and Zack's said statements.

Um... Miranda died on me on my Renegade playthrough. Maybe because I was an ass to her and I didn't decide to meet her one last time? lol.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Sun May 20, 2012 10:09 pm

I can't believe that mother fucking Marauder at the end of the game gave me fucking problems! But regardless, I beat the game for the third time on insanity Sentinel! got my platinum! But hardest boss fight in the game has to be Kei Lang in the Illusive Man's base!

I went your choice RY and destroyed the damn thing since that wasn't what I have done in the past. lol. Okay so it looks slightly different than the others with the Reapers dying instead of flying away!

So like I mentioned above though... Miranda died... but Cortez also died on me. lol.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Mon May 21, 2012 9:06 am

who cares, he's gay lol just kidding. Did you get the special scene at the end where Sheperd takes a breath?
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 am

uh? Shepard takes a breath? I don't think I did? Elaborate please?
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue May 22, 2012 5:48 pm

after credits. Any other choice sees the grandfather with the child explaining the legacy of "the Shepherd", however if you choose to destroy the reapers, and had high enough war assets (around 5000 or so I think) you get the ending where shepherd is found on a pile of rubble before entering the Citadel, and takes a deep breath, and it's done. This ending further explains a possible link to the indoctrination theory. Meaning his choice is all in his head, and when he chooses to destroy the Reapers, he effectively overcomes them. Thus he is found where Harbinger blasted him. In some rubble on Earth. He couldn't have entered the Citadel because of its destruction.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed May 23, 2012 12:55 am

I just watched it..... Hhhhmmmmm.... So... suffice to say that the war wasn't over at all and that his 'victory' was merely his battle within? The war with the Reapers still continues then? Personally I have yet to fully delve into the indoctrination theory. Perhaps I really should now that I have beaten the game 3 times and have seen all three endings....

Makes me contemplate what they are really setting up in the Extended cut this summer.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Wed May 23, 2012 9:06 am

well the way I intreprate it is.....he did destroy the Reapers, along with the Citadel, he just did so telepathically rather than in physical form. That kind of explains how the fuzzy screen appears when you are in the Citadel, and not to mention when Anderson dies, your arm begins to bleed more....subtle differences, but when you start to look into them, they are definitely a possibility
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:53 pm

So, I finished the extended cut dlc...not really much worth noting. You get an extra 5 minutes or so of cutscenes to help explain things in more detail. Those who hated the ending before probably won't care for the extended cut, and those who were satisfied with the ending (myself included) will find some added closure. I went with synthesis and I'm happy with my decision. I also watched the other endings, and they are all similar. There is actually a refusal ending I didn't know about which was kind of funny.

I just wish we had more scenes with actual interactions between the crew members. Oh well, Bioware didn't need to do this, so I appreciate it nonetheless.
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:52 pm

I think it was a hell of a lot better. Much more details and so much more epic. The ending I chose was control and boy, was it different from what it was freaking was way back when. I'm glad they explained why Shepard's chosen party members aren't with him when they went running towards the beam of light... more details added with the catalyst, more explanation with the choices both cg and conversation wise, and that monologue at the very end with Shepard (I chose the control one and he got a little speech in regards to his role as the new 'guardian' with the Reapers under his control), I think it put everything into good perspective. It should've been what it is now the moment the game came out, but again, beggars can't be choosers. THey didn't have to do it, but they did so thank you, Bioware. I can only imagine that the others would offers a little bit of a difference, maybe nothing major, but I'll venture into that when I give this game a rest.

I'm just glad they really did this for us. IT may not impress some as much as it did for me, but jeez that was well worth it.
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 am

I enjoyed it as well, but like I said, I never hated the original. Synthesis was pretty sweet as well, but I've watched all of them, and like you said, control was cool. Destruction was probably my least favorite. Your squad mates jumping into the ship makes sense, and the star-child really explains things for ppl. All in all, I find it hard to complain, but I'm sure some ppl will bc they are haters
Archangel
Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Erel Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Just doing a bunch of random tests on my new apparatus!

'Lucifer Shepard and Tali'
Erel
Erel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next